Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Kremlin Cup, Moscow
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 12:16 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 21:04

Dates: October 6-12, 2008
Category: Tier I
Prize Money: $1,340,000
Draw: 28M/32Q/16D
Surface: Supreme/Indoors
Tournament Director: Aleksei Selivanenko

Official Web Site:

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Kremlin Cup, Moscow
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 12:19 

Local Time:
Entry List

1. Jelena Jankovic (SRB)
2. Dinara Safina (RUS)
3. Elena Dementieva (RUS)
4. Ana Ivanovic (SRB)
5. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)
6. Venus Williams (USA)
7. Vera Zvonareva (RUS)
8. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)
9. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
10. Marion Bartoli (FRA)
11. Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
12. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)
13. Victoria Azarenka (BLR)
14. Nadia Petrova (RUS)
15. Alize Cornet (FRA)
16. Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
17. Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)
18. Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
19. Na Li (CHN)
20. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 12:21 

Local Time:
Another worrying entry list, and I bet Srebotnik is getting a little annoyed, she has missed out again and is having to start in the qualifying draw, but last time she done that raced through the semi finals so it may be a good omen. The draw is going to be yet another tough one but patience is the key and hopefully Daniela can produce a surprise or two

Scott

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 13:53 

Local Time:
Kremlin Cup, Moscow
Main draw, singles

JANKOVIC [1] vs. Bye
Dushevina [WC] vs. Vaidisova
Makarova [WC] vs. Vesnina [WC]
Pennetta vs. V.WILLIAMS [6]

DEMENTIEVA [3] vs. Bye
A.Bondarenko vs. Qualifier
Petrova vs. Qualifier
Wozniacki vs. CHAKVETADZE [8]

ZVONAREVA [7] vs. Kirilenko
Qualifier vs. Hantuchova
Cibulkova vs. Bartoli
Bye vs. IVANOVIC [4]

KUZNETSOVA [5] vs. Li
Qualifier vs. Azarenka
Mauresmo vs. Cornet
Bye vs. Safina [2]

media master
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 14:01 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 22:04
it's good that she can start with a Q player, but then zvonareva again pffff, i hope it's kirilenko but i doubt it

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 14:08 

Local Time:
An ok draw for Daniela, facing a qualifier in round 1. This must be one of the better draws she's had over the past few weeks. However, the likes of Schiavone and Srebotnik are in the qualifying draw so let's hope Daniela does not draw one of the higher-ranked qualifiers in round 1. If she wins her opening match it will be either Zvonareva :roll: or Kirilenko in round 2, both of which would be tough matches for Daniela. She has always struggled against Zvonareva (as we saw once again this week) and has had very tough matches with Kirilenko. A second round finish would still provide Daniela with 60 points though, which would support her ranking.
Most of the seeded players also have relatively tough draws, even Jankovic and Safina (the top two seeds). Chakvetadze has Wozniacki, Kuznetsova has Li Na (once again) and Ivanovic has either Cibulkova or Bartoli in round 2. When the entry list is a tough as this there isn't much chance of an escape and an easy run through to the quarter-finals or semi-finals.
10 Russians in the main draw this year (including 3 wildcard entrants) so home support will certainly be strong, including during the match between Daniela and either Zvonareva or Kirilenko (if she gets that far).

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 16:55 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 04:04
Wow!! A possible second run if she manage to beat the Qualifier..
And once again she will probably against Zvonavera.. I hope Daniela can make a good run here or just play her best!! Who know there will be a surprise run??

As for the other player, Domi will once again play against Bartoli and is Kuzzy will always meet against Li Na?? BTW, if it possible that Domi will have a chance to takeover Daniela as Slovakia number one by the end of the season??

Just hoping Daniela qualifier will be an LOWLY ranked player..

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 18:34 

Local Time:
I am not confident with the draw actually, since Daniela hasn't had a good record against qualifiers, not regarding her current form. Moreover, it looks like Kata and Franzi will be qualified into main draw and they are two really dangerous players now for Daniela. But just wait and see who she is going to face against. Hopefully an average opponent. Daniela really needs some ranking points now and a win here will give her 60 points.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 18:39 

Local Time:
Why does Srebotnik have to qualify she is ranked 21 and ilona bondarenko is last entry into the main draw ranked 31??

This is actually a good draw for Daniela, getting through to the 2nd rund would be a success my opinion

media master
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 19:01 

Local Time:
Wow!! A possible second run if she manage to beat the Qualifier..
And once again she will probably against Zvonavera.. I hope Daniela can make a good run here or just play her best!! Who know there will be a surprise run??

As for the other player, Domi will once again play against Bartoli and is Kuzzy will always meet against Li Na?? BTW, if it possible that Domi will have a chance to takeover Daniela as Slovakia number one by the end of the season??

Just hoping Daniela qualifier will be an LOWLY ranked player..

i already came to that conclusion a few months ago , but Domi's results last weeks aren't that good.
It will happen if she have a good run next weeks and Daniela not ,but even if it doesn't happen this season ,it will happen after the Aus Open.

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 19:08 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 04:04

i already came to that conclusion a few months ago , but Domi's results last weeks aren't that good.
It will happen if she have a good run next weeks and Daniela not ,but even if it doesn't happen this season ,it will happen after the Aus Open.

Well, it will be weird that if Domi takeover Daniela as Slovak number one player.. Since Daniela had hold that position for quite a long time i think(Correct me if I'm wrong.).. Wish Dani had a good run then!!

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. October 2008 19:37 

Local Time:
It's not a bad draw. The field is very strong so there wouldn't be an easy draw and this is fair enough. Srebotnik and Schiavone are the best players in qualifying and they'd be tough opponents as Srebotnik's had some good recent wins while Schiavone beat Daniela in Tokyo. At the same time, Daniela's always beaten Srebotnik and Schiavone's level has been fairly moderate as most of her wins have been against modest players and she's generally lost to the good players. As long as Daniela plays well she should beat Schiavone but Schiavone can take advantage of bad play. I'd favour Daniela against any of the other qualifiers.

Zvonareva's the likely second round opponent and she'll be very difficult for Daniela as her game and style are a bad match for Daniela, plus Zvonareva's playing very well right now as we found out in Stuttgart. Kirilenko's generally been a tough opponent for Daniela, although Daniela usually beats her, but she'd have home support and a lot of confidence if she were to beat Zvonareva. I don't think we should look too far ahead and a win and good performances would be okay with anything else being a bonus.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 5. October 2008 01:23 

Local Time:
Cibulkova is above Daniela in the race by cca 200 points. Daniela need 1 or 2 good tournaments to overcome her. I don't see it happening given those tough fields and draws at indoor tournaments.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. October 2008 01:39 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 15:04
Elena Dementieva won this tournament last year in what was considered a pretty large surprise. At that time, Daniela was ahead of her in the rankings and playing better. Daniela was also well ahead of Safina in the rankings at the time and she would go on to beat Safina twice in straight sets over the next four months. The point being that a lot can change in just one year (or less than that). Dementieva is an interesting comparison point for Daniela in that she's playing as well or even better at age 27 than she even has.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 5. October 2008 12:20 

Local Time:
Thinking about the first round, that draw is quite good. But I don't think we have to discuss about the second round. Another time Zvonareva, who is in fantastic form at the moment.

But when looking at the rest of the draw, I think we can be really happy with the one for Daniela. At least a good chance to reach the second round.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next