Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: The Bank of the West Classic, Stanford
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 18:36 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:31
Im taking the defeat quite casually because she's just back from injury and not a lot of match practice. I couldn't comment on the performance thing from 2005 and before because i have been a fan of hers since 06 (Though it seems like longer) but i think IW07 was a big step forwards from the breakdownform in 03 (as i call the dark times). Though i never experienced those dark times as i was not a fan of hers at that time but as i have read up on it i can imagin what she went through. So IMO, IW07 through to AO08 would be her best form. I understand though, the feeling there was in 05 when she reached the QF after having coming back from the depths insanity. For that i would say that 05 and 07-08 were equally special. In 05 it was good that she manage to fight back from what seemed like the end and in 07-08 she managed to go a step further by repeating her win from the IW02 in IW07 and ofcourse her AU08 semi(her best win from a professional point of view). She's had a little dip of recent with the virus and heel problems but im looking forward to seeing Daniela coming back from these's setbacks just as she has rightfully done before. I hope she's back in the game by the time the Olympics is here. She has plenty of time to come back and make this an even better year and i havn't given up hope for this year yet. Anything can happen IMO. Keep the faith folks and goodluck Daniela.
She had very good US Open series back in 2005, where she destroyed Dementieva in SF of Los Angeles. The Russian then said that if Daniela could play like that more often she is sure bet to get back in top 5. That tells you what level Daniela managed to play at that time. Then she went on to destroy Schnyder and Pennetta in Filderstadt (Pennetta was around top 20 at the time), I had these matches recorded, really nice to watch, especially the one against Patty. Monstrously high level of play from Daniela. I am sure you could find these matches somewhere and download if you are interested. Christina probably has them too.

media master
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 18:41 

Local Time:
She had very good US Open series back in 2005, where she destroyed Dementieva in SF of Los Angeles. The Russian then said that if Daniela could play like that more often she is sure bet to get back in top 5. That tells you what level Daniela managed to play at that time. Then she went on to destroy Schnyder and Pennetta in Filderstadt (Pennetta was around top 20 at the time), I had these matches recorded, really nice to watch, especially the one against Patty. Monstrously high level of play from Daniela. I am sure you could find these matches somewhere and download if you are interested. Christina probably has them too.

neither me or Christina have them, nobody ever uploaded them (CP or Matt's forum people)
These are on Dvd on many site's that's for sure.

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 19:07 

Local Time:
Oh well,I still dont wanna give up on her. Daniela has been my favorite player because of her beauty and grace on court but I cant help but be really disappointed on her performance. We KNOW she's got the GAME to beat Ai Sugiyama or even the other top players.With her deep groundstrokes ( down the lines), her natural volleys and heavy serve particularly her second "kick" serve,I truly believe she's got one of the best "all-around" game on the women's tour these days.

Her real problem is her lack of mental toughness. Injury or no injury it has always been this way. If she's not in good form you rarely see her win the match and if she is in good form you rarely see her win the title! That is just my observation and please dont get me wrong because she is my favorite and ill be the happiest person if she ever wins a Grand slam title.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. July 2008 08:36 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 20:31
i dont know how hard we can be on her
it was her first fully competitive match back from this injury and i certainly dont think we should've expected too much from her. The only thing is it would have been nice for some more court time for her but otherwise i'm not too disappointed.

Member since 27.01.2006

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 18. July 2008 10:14 

Local Time:
if it's true should she already found out the news before her match ?
it would explain that she wasn't really concentrating and thinking about how to win ?

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 18. July 2008 10:21 

Local Time:
if it's true should she already found out the news before her match ?
it would explain that she wasn't really concentrating and thinking about how to win ?

maybe that was what they talked about at the net?

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. July 2008 16:15 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:31
If the Olympic situation arose before the match it would have been a huge distraction and very stressful for Daniela and caused her to lose focus and concentration. It would have had a bad effect on anyone.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 18. July 2008 16:31 

Local Time:
At the same time when the article about Daniela missing the Olympics appeared another article in which Daniela says she sent everything needed. So she probably wasn't aware of the problem during the match. Also that's why I think it's some sort of misunderstanding.

media master
PostPosted: 18. July 2008 16:36 

Local Time:
At the same time when the article about Daniela missing the Olympics appeared another article in which Daniela says she sent everything needed. So she probably wasn't aware of the problem during the match. Also that's why I think it's some sort of misunderstanding.

they better fire the people who caused this misunderstanding, this isn't good for her reputation , people can make the wrong conclusions about all this. I hope Slovakian articles aren't going international.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. July 2008 19:05 

Local Time:
Can someone bring me up to speed with this situation cause i havent got a clue whats going on? I would read all of yours posts but there are so many since i had a proper look at this thread.

All i know so far is that an article posted something about Daniela not going to Olympics. Where did this news come from? is she going? is there any reason why she wouldnt be going?

Scott

Edit: Not to worry ive read the what daniela plays next thread

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. July 2008 21:02 

Local Time:

Thanks Martin for the tip. Iwill indeed look out for these's matches. If i come across them i will post:D

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. July 2008 20:53 

Local Time:
Serena Williams is in big trouble against qualifier Aleksandra Wozniak of Canada in their semi-final. Wozniack leads 6-2 2-1 with a break.
Williams is going to need one of her great comebacks if she is to win this one.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. July 2008 20:59 

Local Time:
A.Wozniak d. S.WILLIAMS[1] 6-2 3-1 ret.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. July 2008 21:36 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:31
wow, I thought serena had this tournament in the bag, considering how she got rid of patty who played good before. Why did she retired?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. July 2008 21:49 

Local Time:
wow, I thought serena had this tournament in the bag, considering how she got rid of patty who played good before. Why did she retired?

Williams pulled out with a knee problem. She had to have her left knee heavily taped during the match. Hopefully it won't affect the rest of her hard-court season, but I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls out of the East West Bank Classic, particularly since the Olympics is only weeks away.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next