Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : Off-Topic : Sports

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: NBA Playoffs 2007/08 Thread
PostPosted: 1. May 2008 21:25 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:59
Anyone here, who follows the NBA Playoffs/ NBA in general?
Unfortunately the Phoenix Suns are already out. I was hoping for a Celtics vs. Suns final. Now I hope that Boston will win the Championship.
Lakers look very strong. Kope, Pau and Lamar are amazing. Dallas out like last year. They played just shitty in all 4 loses. Chris Paul made awesome games and he has a great chance to be the MVP of this season.
Celtics are idiots. They win the 1st two games in Boston with 20 pts difference. Then losing 2 in Atlanta with less then 5 I think and last night they won with 25 again. The best Team of the season (66-16) has to sweep the No8 of the Conference. Very simple. The next round against the Cavs or Wizars will be tough and now they are wasting energy!

---------

West: 1st Round
(1) Los Angeles Lakers def (8) Denver Nuggets | 4:0
(2) New Orleans Hornets def. (7) Dallas Mavericks | 4:1
(3) San Antonio Spurs def. (6) Phoenix Suns | 4:1
(4) Utah Jazz def. (5) Houston Rockets | 4:2

East: 1st Round
(1) Boston Celtics def. (8) Atlanta Hawks | 4:3
(2) Detroit Pistons def. (7) Philadelphia 76ers | 4:2
(3) Orlando Magic def. (6) Toronto Raptors | 4:1
(4) Cleveland Cavaliers def. (5) Washington Wizards | 4:2

West: Conference Semifinals
(1) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (4) Utah Jazz | 2:0 * next game in Utah
(2) New Orleans Hornets vs. (3) San Antonio Spurs | 2:0 * next game in San Antonio

East: Conference Semifinals
(1) Boston Celtics vs. (4) Cleveland Cavaliers | 1:0 * next game in Boston
(2) Detroit Pistons vs. (3) Orlando Magic | 2:1 * next game in Orlando

Last edited by Carsten on 8. May 2008 07:17, edited 9 times in total.

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: NBA Playoffs 2007/08 Thread
PostPosted: 2. May 2008 09:40 

Local Time:
I am a big fan of San Antonio. Now I laugh at those who thought Phoenix had a chance. This is play-off, guys. You need experience. :D :P

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. May 2008 10:18 

Local Time:
I am a big fan of San Antonio. Now I laugh at those who thought Phoenix had a chance. This is play-off, guys. You need experience. :D :P
Biatch :P :lol:
Then you are the only person I know, who is a Spurs fan. :lol: They are playing an ugly style, but they are successful! They were so lucky that they won the first game of the series in double OT. Tim Duncan with a 3pointer to tie the Game and send it into the second OT. That was so ridiculous, when I read that and after I saw the Highlights I couldn’t stop laughing. A person who isn’t able to hit a good Free Throw percentage (is losing his nerves at the line in important situations) makes the clutch shot in a playoff game, over 2 meters behind is normal shooting zone. :lol: I guess it’s comparable with serving in tennis. Still :lol:

Now with the Suns out, I think that the Final will be Lakers vs. Celtics. And Garnett, Pierce and Allen will take the Title to Boston :)

Detroit won against Philly last night. Well they crushed them 100-77 in Philly and won the Series 4-2. They will play against Orlando now.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 2. May 2008 16:23 

Local Time:
Earlier years i was following nba a lot.i dont have much time now to follow each sport.
i am detroit pistons(you know thomas,dummars,lampeer,rodman etc) the bad boys
dennis rodman is my favourite player :lol: :lol:
but now nba lacks in good and talented players comparing with the old generation
starting from bird and magic (the first and original dream team)
that was really ''dream team'',bc now usa is ''cry team''
dont think the level right now between european and usa is big.
see how many european and non european are playing in nba and have leader role.
carsten dunkan is one of the last great players

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. May 2008 16:55 

Local Time:
Earlier years i was following nba a lot.i dont have much time now to follow each sport.
i am detroit pistons(you know thomas,dummars,lampeer,rodman etc) the bad boys
dennis rodman is my favourite player :lol: :lol:
:lol: I follow the NBA since 1994 and Rodman was the first player I saw on TV. Since then I watched it. The Bulls of 1995/96 with Jordan/ Pippen/ Rodman were the best in the history of the NBA. I loved their games.
carsten dunkan is one of the last great players
I didn’t say Duncan isn’t a great player. He def. is. I just said, he would be the last player on earth, to give the ball, in the last second of a Playoffs game and he has to throw a 3pointer to tie the game. They have parker, finlay, Ginobili, Brent Barry and Horry, but it was an awesome shot.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 3. May 2008 08:02 

Local Time:
Boston lost the 6th game. :roll: Idiots. The Only team that has to go into a 7th game is the best team of the season against the worst team which entered the Playoffs this year. :lol:
Cleveland won against Washington. :x I can't stand LeBron "Overrated" James.
And Utah kicked Houston out of the playoffs. Now Utah vs. Lakers. That is an very interesting Matchup!

Site Admin
PostPosted: 3. May 2008 19:04 

Local Time:
The question is whether Boston would have been the best had they played in the Western conference. I know they have a good H2H against most western teams this year, but playing one or two matches against them isn't the same like playing against them regularly. 6 western teams could have been the best in the whole league had they played in the Eastern conference. Now the Celtics struggle against Atlanta, Garnett proved many times in Minnesota that he isn't the man for play-offs.

As for the Spurs playing ugly, I don't know. Perhaps for someone who prefers an attacking style and scorelines like 125:118 it might be true. But when you see Duncan blocking or Ginobili's and Parker's driving attacks to the basket or how they create the best possible position for Bowen and others to hit three-pointers by several quick short passes in a row, I ain't complaining. Ginobili's steals are great as well. SA just don't have athletic players like James or Bryant.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. May 2008 08:21 

Local Time:
well Garnett is a gp to guy in Boston but the team leader is Paul Pierce. It's crazy to see that they crush the Hawks in Boston with more then 20 pts and losing in Atlanta. Although I have to say I saw 2 of these 3 Games in Atlanta, they played not very smart. As if they thought after leading 2:0/ 3:2 the series is over Atlanta gave up.

Well I prefer more offensive basketball like Orlando or Phoenix, but I enjoy the Celtics and Detroit Basketball too, with hard defence.
For me the game of San Antonio is similar to the Utah Jazz Basketball 10 years ago. Only Pick and Roll with Stockton an Malone + Byron Russell and a few other Shooters. Well the Spurs style is a little bit better to watch, but still ugly and boring.
I'm a big fan of Brent Barry :P

It seems that Kobe Bryant wil be the new MVP of the NBA. A played an amazing season and a deserves this trophy.

last night won the Pistons against Orlando easy with 91-72. The Pistons played their defence Basketball and didn't gave Dwight Howard his place to controll the Basket (only 12 pts and 5 rebs/ avg 22,6 pts and 18 rebs per game).
And New Orleans crushed San Antonio. :) 101-82. Duncan made only 5 pts in 37 minutes. Chris Paul was again all over that place. 17 pts and 13 assists + 30 pts from David West and 22 Peja.
Nice start into this Series. The Hornets are the big surprise this season.
I can't wait to see Lakers vs. Utah.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. May 2008 20:32 

Local Time:
Pierce and Garnett lead Celtics past Atlana :lol:
with 99:65. The Starting five didn't play the whole 4th quarter :lol: They crushed the Hawks 4 times in Boston, but couldn't steal a game on the road. :roll:
All 12 players of Boston were active. Only Eddie House didn't score a point.

Garnett 18 pts. 11 Rbs
Pierce 22 pts 8 Rebs
Perkins 10 pts 10 Rebs

I hope that Garnett and Co will stop now the "one Man Show"!

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. May 2008 08:14 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 20:59
haha i'm a lakers fan, have been for years!
although i gotta say i was extremely interested in the atl v bos series, such an exciting series and so unfortunate that the hawks bombed out in game 7.. huge effort from them though

dare i say that the lakers are favourites to win it all after boston struggled through the first round? :P

Member since 27.01.2006

Profile WWW

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. May 2008 16:05 

Local Time:
well I wouldn't count the Celtics out already.
If they stay that strong at home, it will be hard to defeat them.

Well the Lakers game was :|
Great 1st Quarter. After that, the lakers took control and lead with 20.
They had everything under control until the end, where the Jazz cut the lead to 5, but Kobe was too good yesterday.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 5. May 2008 19:37 

Local Time:
deservly win for cska moscow in the final for euroleague.
well at least we lost in quarters from the champions 2-1 in the tie
probably none is following european basket,too bad

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. May 2008 07:29 

Local Time:
New Orleans takes a 2-0 lead in the Series to San Antonio.
Again they crushed the Spurs with 18 pts. 102:84 :shock:
Paul with 30 pts 12 As.

Detroit did the same. They are leading 2-0 as well. Dwight Howard and the whol starting of of Orlando scored in double firgures, but Detroit was still a bit better!
Howard was extreme strong, 22 pts and 18 rebs. I hope Orlando can turn this series, but I guess Detroit is just too strong this year (like last year. Orlando lost 0-4).

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. May 2008 08:02 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 20:59
detroit has really stepped up after struggling against philly..
surprised with how poorly the spurs are playing though, i reckon they'll bounce back at home however, they're too good a team to go down without a fight

Member since 27.01.2006

Profile WWW

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. May 2008 07:07 

Local Time:
yeah Boston takes the lead with a 76-72 win over "king" James :D
Garrnett and Rondo lead the Team. Garrnett had 28 pts and 8 Rebs and Allen added 15 pts. Paul Pierce had only 4 pts and Allen 0 pts. :shock:
LeBron James with only 12 pts and amazing 10 Turnovers :lol: and 9 asts. + 9 Rebs. He was close to get a quadruple double. :P ;)
too bad I couldn't seen the game.

Kobe Bryant is now officially the MVP of the Season. He played a great year and is a true MVP, but I think Chris Paul would be the better option. He was even better, without having a "great". Nobody expected the Hornets to be that good. And Paul was the reason, that they reached the Playoffs.

Board index : Off-Topic : Sports

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next