Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 19. January 2015 19:27 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:29
First up....that's often a good thing. And it's 7:15 PM (that's about when it will actually start), prime time, in New York. I would like to think that my attempts at sending positive vibes and chanting Let's Go Daniela constantly in my head has a better chance to help Dani when I'm wide awake! Crossing fingers! :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 20. January 2015 02:15 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:29
Took the first set 6-4! :)
2-2 now in the second.

Quite a solid performance so far, especially on her service games. :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2015 02:49 

Local Time:
The match is on DirecTV. I so love watching Daniela play. Yet part of me almost hates it because I get so nervous. You guys I'm sure understand.
I have a phobia about Daniela winning the first set and the opponent serving first in the second. The second set right now has become a classic Pepto Special.

YES!! 6-4 6-4.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2015 03:35 

Local Time:
when she wins it is so great sharing all our ecstatic messages!

You can SaiSai that again, eddy! :haha: :beer:
Much to like about Daniela's performance. Mostly first serve. Oddly, her first service game could easily be in her worst five service games ever. But after 3-2 in the first, it was on fire! A number of service winners, excellent depth and placement. Daniela could have won this more easily, but she got a little impatient going for winners and made errors on shots where the point was all but won. And you could see how bummed she was on those occasions. But she never let any of that carry over to the next point. What I enjoyed most were three absolutely perfect drop shots that left Saisai like she was in quicksand. The last one came at 30-all in the final game to reach match point. That takes chutzpah.
Hope for two straight wins now!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. January 2015 03:41 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 17:29
Though she only had 1 ace with 1 df, her 1st serve was good. Saisai was actually way behind the baseline to get Dani 1st serve which I think why Dani got 1 ace only. There are some great play but few bhdtl. I saw one but Saisai got it and made a win from it. There sre some points when I thought Dani will give up specially when she got broken in the 2nd set but she's more of a fighter today and finish the match with a good serve and volley

I thought Saisai as mentioned above has the one who have moonballs and sropshot but I think it Dani isa the one who used it and it works at some point. Next is Garbine who's tougher so Dani should level up her game and move quicker.

No more 1st rd exit at GS

...and Saisai handshake at the net :(

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2015 11:22 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:29
Well Daniela got through and that's the main thing...I thought it was a messy match from Daniela but she did chase a lot of balls down which a few times made Zheng hit an error.

The crucial game was when Daniela held from midway through the 2nd set, she managed to halt Zheng's momentum.

I watched Muguruza play Kerber in Sydney and she is also a momentum player. When's she on fire she's unbeatable but can go on a bad run of games.

However Daniela's going to have to play her best to win...I fear Muguruza has too mich to handle. It will be on a big court. Hisense I expect. Daniela will need to fight and win that first set to have a chance.

Jankovic lost so 3rd round will be either Bazcinsky or Tashvilli...imo slightly easier for Daniela than Jankovic would have been. But Muguruza is a real tough task...hopefully Daniela can play her best tennis and match last years 3rd round showing...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2015 11:38 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:29
Well, I'm glad she made it through!

I don't expect her to get through Garbiñe; as much hit and miss she is, her level is still way of ahead of Daniela. Our Dani can be as hit and miss as she is... hope Daniela finds her form from the first match of the year.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2015 12:22 

Local Time:
A good win by Daniela. She won in straight sets against a potentially tricky opponent and was pretty solid throughout.

Hantuchova had never successful entry into the tournament joy. "Preliminary rounds for grandslamoch are the hardest. I am very satisfied with the performance especially in the first set, well I was on the court move, I played aggressively and were based on the returns me. I tried to walk on the network, but it was not easy because the wind was very annoying and quite spun. In the second set it was a bit complicated, but I am very happy that I managed to its conclusion. I am very happy that the further I refer in two acts. The first round it was not bad," said the TASR former world number five.

Against Muguruzovej Blanco sees 50:50. "It will be a very tough match. She played aggressive tennis and will be the favorite, but I have nothing to lose. I think it will be balanced. If demonstrated that we've worked for before the season and will play aggressive, viewers will see a good duel." added Hantuchova, who have very positive cooperation with coach Carlos Rodriguez, - a former coach of Melbourne incumbent champion Na Li and Justine Henin. "The preparation was really fantastic, although challenging, three weeks we worked hard in China. I appreciate how much I trust Carlos, and that is my team, this is a great support. I look forward to the new season, I appreciate every day that I be on the court and healthy." (STZ, TASR)
@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2015 13:49 

Local Time:
Daniela's first on Court 6 against Muguruza at 11am. Her doubles match is third on Court 7 after a men's then a women's match.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2015 15:16 

Local Time:
Double duty it is then...at least she's up first on in singles.

Win or lose I want Daniela to play well...they had a relatively close match in Stanford last year but Muguruza needs to have an off serve day I think as she was winning alot of first serves in their first meeting. I remember Daniela didn't take any bp chances too so Daniela for once needs to be clutch on bps.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2015 18:41 

Local Time:
First up again...liking that. Might be able to watch again.
It has been a long time since Daniela has won twice in the same tourney. It's been even longer since she has beaten a rising young hard hitter. Would be thrilled to see both of these things come to a halt, but certainly realize that Vegas and London would make Dani far from the favorite, and Garbine will have to help out with a lot of bad play. But we all know where hope springs!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2015 21:28 

Local Time:
Muguruza will be confident because she had a good run in Sydney beating Radwanska and she beat Daniela when they played in Stanford last year. In Stanford Daniela winning percentage on first serve was pretty much the same as Muguruza's and whoever got the first strike in the rally won the rally. The big difference in that match was the second serve as Daniela won only 16% of her second serve points (4/25), which isn't going to beat anyone especially not someone as good as Muguruza. Daniela will either have to take more risks on her second serve or she's going to have to take a bit off her first serve to make sure she gets more in. Daniela will have to get the first big shot of the rally and look to dictate rallies and it will be difficult very difficult for her if Muguruza is dictating the points. If Daniela wins this this would be her best win for a long time.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2015 23:08 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:29
I hope Daniela has an inspired day. Muguruza is the type of player that always overwhelms her (ala Pavlyuchenkova or any other big hitter).

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. January 2015 01:25 

Local Time:
2nd round:

0-1, Muguruza breaks on her 4th BP after 3 deuces, Muguruza won a point then Daniela won the next until the break.
0-2, Muguruza holds to 15.
0-3, Daniela broken to 15, she served 2 DFs.
1-3, Daniela breaks back to 0 after some Muguruza DFs.
1-4, Muguruza break to 0, she's dictating most of the rallies.
1-5, Muguruza holds to 30.
1-6, Muguruza breaks to 30 after Daniela was 30-0 up. Daniela put a down the line shot wide at 30 all when she had pretty much the entire court to hit into.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. January 2015 01:48 

Local Time:
1-6 That really was a phenomenal set by Muguruza...and Daniela played poorly...no variety but Muguruza's power is too much to handle...unless Muguruza game goes really off the boil I really can't see Daniela winning this...

Last edited by eddy on 22. January 2015 01:51, edited 1 time in total.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next