Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 30. May 2014 16:11 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:50
Tsonga & Janowicz have started after the rain delay. That will probably take at least a couple of hours so Daniela's match won't start on Lenglen before 7:30 pm at the very earliest. It might get moved or it might be postponed until tomorrow like so matches were earlier in the week.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2014 19:14 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:50
Daniela playing well but Kerber has the answers 4-5 and Kerber serving for the first set.

Great play to break back and was 40-0 up on serve but 5 bad points and Kerber breaks to serve again for the first set. That was completely mental Daniela. She's playing the better tennis but Kerber is sticking it out.

5-7 SO disappointing to lose that set after being 5-5 40-0 up... :oops:

Daniela must think about trying to push this into tomorrow. Try and make the second set as long as possible as they've only got about 45 mins left of play.

Daniela can totally win this match she just needs to keep level headed, she's playing good enough tennis so doesn't need to go for anything more.

0-2 Really poor start to the set, 1-2 good hold.

All that Kerber is doing better is keeping the same standard throughout the match. Daniela has played superb in a lot of the match but then 3-4 bad games...We just need Kerber's level to drop...

UMPIRE SHOULD BE SACKED

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2014 20:08 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:50
That idiotic umpire is a coward. And Kerber had a lot of nerve to not say something.

But Daniela is misfiring this match away, sadly. I wished she had used the anger to fuel her game instead.

Some amazing shots by Daniela, but just way too many errors. When she was on, kerber could do little, but Daniela did not string many winners or points without silly errors that would cost her the games (case in point, that last game).

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2014 20:26 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:50
Frig. Just got home in time to see the final game, which from what you said, Chungwit, must have been a microcosm of the match, with Kerber just getting everything back. Aggrivating to read how the 5-5 game went. This year so far has really been, against the top players, close but no cigar for Daniela. Oh, well. Rest a week and successfully defend Birmingham!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2014 20:42 

Local Time:
This is sickening in so many ways. That was a disgraceful decision by the umpire to give Kerber a point when the ball's called out after Daniela hits it back in court and as the ball's been called out Daniela stops play. That's enough for the umpire to give Kerber the point and it's enough for Kerber to take it, what a pair of bitches. What's the point of the supervisor if the supervisor is just going to go along with what the umpire says, even though the umpire is clearly wrong and doesn't have the guts to admit it. Kerber, the cheating bitch that she is, is happy to steal the point. Fuck bitch, take the let, don't steal the point.

Daniela's best was a lot better then Kerber's best but Daniela was too inconsistent and made too many errors and that was what cost her the match. Kerber just ran around a lot and got the ball back. She was a journeywoman for years and then suddenly she gets fitter and bigger.

Daniela showed her class and dignity with the handshakes at the end.

I'll be a big Genie Bouchard fan on Sunday.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2014 20:51 

Local Time:
Well add this to the list of the crazy, ridiculous events that happens in Daniela's matches. The umpire should be sacked and I hope Daniela puts in an official complaint and the umpire gets at least fined or banned. As for Kerber to actually get involved with the discussion and say let's just get on with it and play, and not tell the umpire that Daniela is correct basically puts Kerber to the top of my hate list and I hope Kerber fails to win another match for the rest of her career.

I am certainly a member of Genie Army too.

Daniela was the better player, but Kerber literally just got balls back and pretty much didn't miss a ball. For once in general people on tennisforum are on Daniela's side. Although people saying it didn't affect the match is ridiculous. It did affect the match as Daniela's adrenaline levels crashed after all the stress of finally getting through that game. So to say it had no effect on the outcome is BS.

Anyway, Daniela played some really wonderful tennis and if she can play like that on the grass, she should have a good grass season.

Love you Dani and big hug x

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2014 21:13 

Local Time:
[quote="eddy]

Anyway, Daniela played some really wonderful tennis and if she can play like that on the grass, she should have a good grass season.

Love you Dani and big hug x[/quote]

Now after reading the posts on this call I'm quite pissed. But I like what you said at the end a lot, eddy. And when Daniela is the victim of something outlandish like this (she is getting a lot of love on FB for her classiness), I remember that the match which got me truly restoked as a Daniela Maniac was the one in Thailand in 2011 when Zvonerena flipped out over a bad call that Dani got. That makes things like today a lot easier to take. If my memory is correct, that call would have saved a break point at 6-5 in the second, just a teeny tiny bit more important than today's point. Daniela allowed the point to be replayed. She won the match and the next day the tournament. That's very likely more than Kerber will be able to say next week. 'Nuff said.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2014 23:20 

Local Time:
Shame. Draw was ripe for the plucking especially with Radwanska going out today. Kerber just set up a wall and let Daniela destroy herself trying to hit through it.

Serve really didn't cut the mustard today,particularly in the second set. :|

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2014 23:35 

Local Time:

Love you Dani and big hug x

That's so well said, eddy.

Wasn't Engell the umpire at Indian Wells who screwed Daniela over to give Lepchenko a point?

Judging by the reaction on social media and the internet, Kerber's name is absolute mud.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. May 2014 01:27 

Local Time:
Judging by the reaction on social media and the internet, Kerber's name is absolute mud.

People are ripping her to shreds on her own Facebook page! :D
Sometimes you win while losing, and sometimes you lose while winning.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. May 2014 14:43 

Local Time:
Roland Tennis: Hantuchova after losing to Kerber: "Pity unused opportunities"

Paris, May 31 (TASR) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova failed for the fifth time in his career to advance to the eight Grand Slam singles at Roland Garros in Paris. Nemko against Angelique Kerber brought quality performance, dictated the pace of the game, but the endings of sets was top seeded eight, which traditionally benefited from a great defense.

"I had the ball in his hands, but I missed the chance. Nothing can be done, such as tennis, need to go further. Surplice that the world number nine, did not play anything extra. Pity that at the end of the match it was dark. I did There were some slight defects, which use a grueling match dragged to a successful conclusion," said Hantuchova for RTVS.

@ google translate

"We are only human and make mistakes. However, I was surprised that the judge erred when, not intervene or supervisor. Surely, however, this decision did not change the game in my favor. Before and after I make mistakes and I missed a large number of chances," said the D. Hantuchova pay of the situation in an interview with Radio Slovakia. The whole meeting has said: "In the end it was worse visibility. Several balls wrong, I saw, and noted it easy mistakes. I lost, but the third time in a row, I refer to the Grand Slam 3rd round and it is not bad. In addition, I played against eighth toy world and the match was in my directing, except those unused chance. should be to move on and learn from it. "

@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. May 2014 18:58 

Local Time:
How Danielaian is that interview? She always takes the high road. And she is correct. Her missed opportunities and errors at key points beat her more so than the botched call. However, wouldn't you love for some of us to be able to have a dinner with Dani and find out what she really thought of the whole thing? (or, come to think of it, for any reason!?)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2014 11:41 

Local Time:
Ding Dong the witch is dead! :P Bouchard d. Kerber 61 62

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2014 16:38 

Local Time:
Ding Dong the witch is dead! :P Bouchard d. Kerber 61 62
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:
Let's face it, that's what Kerber will be remembered for, she's getting castigated by everyone. Maybe Kerber's a covert recruiting sergeant for the Genie Army.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2014 19:08 

Local Time:
Gosh guys! If you want to quote the Wizard of Oz, let me say this: "How can you be so mean and so cruel?" :!: :o
Just kidding....I'm with you on this, no question. Like I wrote to Dani on FB, she'll be the one that can sleep well.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next