Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 28. May 2014 18:40 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:58
Daniela is officially the oldest player left in the women's draw at Roland Garros :lol: :lol: :lol:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2014 19:09 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 08:58
A good solid win by Daniela. The first game was crucial as Daniela saved all those BPs before holding and that set the tone for the match as Feuerstein had chances but Daniela generally won the crucial points to break or hold. It got a wee bit tight at the end as it went from 4-1 to 5-4 but Daniela was able to serve it out to love.

Thanks for the livescores and match report, Artur & eddy.

Kerber will be a big step up in class but Daniela was unlucky against her in the Fed Cup earlier this year and Daniela wasn't fully fit either so she can go in feeling confident and aware that this is a good opportunity for her.

A lot of the players around Daniela in the rankings have lost so that gives her a boost and she's gone further than both the Williams sisters which is always nice and she's also done better than Li Na.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2014 19:13 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is first on Court 11, 12pm start.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2014 20:47 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:58
Any highlights?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2014 21:14 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 03:58
Daniela alive and the Williams sisters out……delicious! :lol:

Had a lot of running around to do, but a tip of the cap to DirecTV, which allowed me to record the match, which I am enjoying as I write. First observation is that Dani was wearing a wee bit more than the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue!
I don't know the official time of the match, but it actually to me was 9+ minutes, the time of the first game. So often in the last couple of years in particular, our gal has messed up early in the first game or two on serve against a lesser light and that player gets momentum and that's all she wrote. Hanging in and pulling that game out today was glorious.
The first set was not that one sided as 6-1 looks, but gosh, Daniela made some absolutely brilliant shots saving break points or to finish a game! And then she survived and thrived the second.
I am glad Daniela's getting another shot at Kerber. I think she's going to get her, guys, I really do!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2014 21:57 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. May 2014 21:57 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2014 00:44 

Local Time:
HANTUCHOVA ZATĹKALA WHERE THE COACH

Daniela Hantuchova passed through the home wildcard Feuerstein smoothly 6:1, 6:4. "Sam, I did not expect that it will run as smoothly," she Hantuchova. She had even before the match minisúboj cope with the referee.

"Today was very cold. He did not let me play in sweatpants, but would severely restrict my movement on the court, so I sort of discursive. "Rules in this regard are not accurate, it also depends on how the garment looks. "The referee told me that they are too long. So I ask him - I have to get them to start cut? " Laughed Daniela.

In his own words played his best duel of the season on clay. If it repeats, may have against Angelique Kerber in the third round big chance.

"The last time we played a great match in the Fed Cup, where the decision few balls. Moves very well, but my advantage may be that I have played against the lefty, and I train with them, "hope is.

At the start of the tournament coach Peter Lundgren in Paris was missing. For questions on this topic at the press conference with Daniela Slovak journalists okúňala:

There?

- No.

And how do you communicate?

- Over the phone (with an innocent smile).

What he wants to come?

- Nothing remains the same (compared to journalists extended her hand to see it did not continue).

Are you superstitious than other tennis players?

- Nieeeee. Sure it was (laughs)!

Junket concluded in a more serious tone. Grandslamoch to her recently managed to achieve very good results and it is no coincidence. "The main focus is on these big tournaments. Of course, full games for smaller, but there lost not examined. So far I'm results-pays. "

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2014 09:57 

Local Time:
Oh dear...Lungdren and Daniela appears to be no more...Daniela goes through more coaches than the number of tennis balls used at Roland Garros!!

They lost the doubles 3-6 3-6 was always going to be a big ask and at least Daniela can focus on her singles.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2014 16:07 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 03:58
Lungdren and Daniela appears to be no more...Daniela goes through more coaches than the number of tennis balls used at Roland Garros!!

eddy, while we all are grateful for the posts of her Slovak interviews, they're often very confusing in the Google translation. If anyone has confirmation of a split with Lundgren from another source, OK. But I wouldn't go with this as gospel. A couple of weeks ago, one of those translations made it seem like Daniela isn't helping the Cambodian hospital anymore, and that just can't be the case. And, unless TMZ and Fleet Street have missed a sensational story, these Google translations often refer to Dani (and other players) as "him"! I truly doubt that Dani is the next Renee Richards!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2014 16:21 

Local Time:
It would have been great to win the doubles but Black and Mirza are one of the top teams while Daniela & Peer are a scratch team so it was always going to be difficult. At least it was reasonably competitive.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2014 17:08 

Local Time:
Daniela vs Kerber is last match on Suzanne Lenglen...all the matches before her are big time players so I think Daniela probably won't get on until 6pm. The weather is good tomorrow so she should get on court, but they may not finish if it goes 3 sets.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2014 17:11 

Local Time:
Hantuchova one of the best performances this season vyprevadila the home court of France Claire Feuerstein, which allowed Jinx only five games. "I played okay., I looked before her match and I knew what to do on the court. Grueling anything not surprise me. The next round awaits me a German Angelique Kerber, who is very experienced tennis player. Moves very well and is one of the few female players who are thinking on the court. Grandslamy However, to a person you dared also against such toys," said former world number five.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2014 21:33 

Local Time:
I think whatever the result tomorrow I really don't want Daniela to lose the match saying "I only played 50% of what I can play". Too many times Daniela hasn't played well in big matches (often 3rd round too) and is left reeling. Eg Clijsters AO 2012, and USOPen QF

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2014 15:37 

Local Time:
Can't see Daniela getting on court today as it's already 4.30 Paris time and Tsonga match has been delayed due to rain. Maybe will be better for Daniela if she plays first tomorrow as weather meant to be hotter and sunnier therefore faster conditions.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next