Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 3. September 2012 01:52 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:49
I'll play Devil's advocate here,chungwit. Sears did in fact miss tournaments of Daniela's-Cincinnati 2005 and Antwerp 2006 come to mind. Furthermore,he was the reason Daniela missed so much Fed Cup action between 2003-2006-apparently he was pissed that Daniela's gruelling win over Conchita Martinez in the Fed Cup final of 2002 caused her to lose early in that years YEC. This,of course,led to a load of shit being thrown Danielas way by the Slovak press that was unwarranted. There will never be any way to undo the damage caused by 2003,and I remain firmly of the opinion that a decent coach could have mitigated the damage caused by that disastrous season. You only have to look at Carlos Rodriguez and Justine Henin to see that a family tragedy need not derail a tennis career.

Claudio has caused problems by tinkering with Daniela's serve. He is not the first,nor will he be the last to make this kind of mistake-think of Novak Djokovic and Todd Martin. The problems caused by Sears mishandling of Daniela in 2003 have been far more detrimental to her career.

Having said all this,I do agree that Claudio should go,not because he's a bad guy,but because the results have been that bad. On North American hard courts this season,she is 2-7. Too grim for words. :cry:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2012 01:55 

Local Time:
Geez,I type all that and look what happens! Thanks for the news,DANIandDELmania.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2012 04:33 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:49
I was going to write "What a wonderful world" because only in the convoluted WTA ranking system could Daniela have reached Limbo Rock this week (Chubby Checker...How Low Can You Go?) and yet, if Ivanovic beats Pironkova tomorrow, move up 6 spots to #35. But that's now by far merely the 2nd best Dani news of the day. Rejoice! She pulled the trigger and Fired The Pistol :!: :!: :!: ;). Now we can hope that she thinks carefully about her next choice.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2012 10:07 

Local Time:
Hooray!!!!

Let's see whose next? Anyone have any ideas?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2012 10:24 

Local Time:
I'll just throw this out there:how about the original source of inspiration for Daniela,the Big Cat himself,Miloslav Mecir Senior?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2012 16:30 

Local Time:
How about one of us!? :lol:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2012 17:09 

Local Time:
Would love Carl Maes now that Kim has retired...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2012 19:44 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:49
Daniela getting shot of Pistolesi is the best result she's had in months. It says it all that I was fist pumping and shouting out YEESSS!!! and I'm typing this with a big grin.

I'm sure that Pistolesi tried his best but it was nowhere near good enough. There will be quality coaches out there and it's vital that Daniela makes a good choice this time. She can get used to a new coach over the rest of the year, hopefully have some good runs and have a good off season to prepare for 2013. You just have to look at the impact that Rodriguez had with Li Na and Krajan had with Robson to see what a good coach can do for a player.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2012 21:14 

Local Time:
Serena d Hlavackova 60 60 this match-up reminded me so much of US Open 2009 when Daniela lost 62 60...(at least Daniela won 2 games)

Errani d Kerber 76 63, seriously Daniela losing to Errani in Cincinnati isn't looking so bad now..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2012 00:39 

Local Time:
Errani owes so much to Dr Garcia del Moral, eddy.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2012 00:46 

Local Time:
Just worth noting that Jose Higueras was at Daniela's mixed doubles match,along with the ubiquitous Sergio and Pep Guardiola!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2012 04:10 

Local Time:
I believe we all doubt that Daniela ever wades into the Forum, but I'd like to think that she picked up our vibe when it came to canning Pistolesi!
You know, if there has been not a bad time for Dani to struggle upon return from injury and to have a lousy coach, it might as well have been these last few months where Serena has been as dominant or even more so than ever. We all saw enough times when Daniela was in good form, would win a couple of matches and reach maybe a quarter or semi...oops here's Serena (or Venus)...nice to have had you in town, Miss Hantuchova. Perhaps Serena will commence easing out of the sport after this Wimby/gold/US Open hat trick that she's bound to get, and perhaps Dani will pick the right coach, and then we could still have some happier days ahead. Dumping Pistolesi firms up my feeling that our young lady still thinks she has it.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2012 20:04 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: That was my tournament. Nor is the judge
New York Matej Grošek, associate Pravda | 4 September 2012 11:00

When played in the first round, there is much to evaluate. This sentence pronounced Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova after their performances at this year's U.S. Open and sits on it like a glove. In three of his appearances - in singles, doubles and mixed doubles - not once has not progressed to the 2nd wheels. For twelve years she became the first time that New York finishes without a victory.

"Really there is nothing to evaluate. Was not my event. Should, however, quickly leave behind and continue working. Fortunately too I do not believe everything happens for a reason. Happiness is the one who deserves it. I did this year was," Hantuchova said.

Sorry it especially in the first match Singles round of Russian Pavľučenkovovou Anastasiou, doubles and mixed, where losing alongside compatriot Dominika Cibulkova and Swede Robert Lindstedt, too addressed. "There is no need to do much of that trauma.'m Old enough to circle it for me to get to know of it and it is very unacceptable. Doubles and mixed doubles somehow do not take seriously, the biggest disappointment came after singles. Was in the mix for a couple of balls supertajbrejku in, but it did. My tennis is not currently at a level where I'd like to have," stated 29-year old critically native Poprad.

Hantuchova tennis summer did not work out. The third peak was round of the Olympics on the London grass. First two months was injured and missed the entire clay court season. Then at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open did not pass through the first wheel. Recorded on a hard surface on one of four tournament victories in singles. And that is not enough for it to be of the fifth ten ranking, which is currently dropped, moved above.

"The Olympics were great, I really enjoyed it there. Victory over Chinese Girl Li in the first round was my top tennis this summer. Hard surface, like a lot neuhrala. Transition from grass to me no problem, in fact it is not. How says sometimes fail, even if he really wants to make it not so," said Hantuchova.

Slovak tennis player is still a desirable and beyond the competition courts. The netenisových activities recently completed filming a special on the American television CNN, which did present Monte Carlo, where he lives.

"CNN spoke to me directly and I really liked it. Was a couple of hours, and it all happened in the maximum fine. Was little difficulty choosing from all those nice places only a few Monte Carlo so that it attracted not only the sports audience. Entire filming I enjoyed. was fun," concluded Hantuchova.

@ google translate + video interview.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2012 22:02 

Local Time:
I'm glad that Daniela's comments are positive, she's shrugged off the losses and knows her standard of play isn't good enough at the moment. Hopefully a new coach will freshen her game up and sort that ball toss out, and add some confidence.

Hope Daniela will tell her fans who her next coach will be...we are all itching to know!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. September 2012 11:28 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:49
What do you guys make up of daniela's time with Sanchez Casal academy? I still think that was the most consistent she was after all the bad years. She even bulked up and got some pretty great results; she wont be ever a super consistent player, but she was very stable with them.

I wonder if she minds going back to that style of play.

ps: I guess one also has to take into account that her body is more injury prone now. I just still wonder what would have happened if she did not injure herself so badly in 2008.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next