Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 03:06 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:19
ERROR

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 03:18 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:19
She has been utterly terrible in tiebreaks this year.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 03:21 

Local Time:
6 silly unforced errors in a tie break..i'm speechless

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 03:23 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:19
That's that then..same tiebreaker score as Miami vs ivanovic. Very unfair as Nastya beat daniela at that score in Madrid. Daniela played well in parts but so many chances went begging. And a sloppy service game 5-3 just isn't good enough. Claudoo should definitely get the boot. Daniela looks distressed and frustrated on court whatever the score. She should go back to Sanchez casal academy and build her confidence up again.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 03:31 

Local Time:
Daniela used to be so good at tie-breakers........ :cry:

I would love her and Sergio to be a couple but not if it's going to be detrimental to her tennis.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 03:50 

Local Time:
I think she's done with tennis. Doesn't seem to be enjoying it anymore and Olympics are over. Just don't see her continuing on. I think she's ready for the next phase in her life.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 03:52 

Local Time:
Meeeh. This sucks. The frustrating thing is that Daniela played pretty well at times and she came up with some great shots but she's also make some bad errors and she didn't take her opportunities and the less said about that tiebreak the better. She had a slow start and gave Pavlyuchenkova a double break lead and although she got a quick break back she couldn't get the second, even though she had 5 BPs at 4-5. That was a great chance to get back into the match and she had a couple of chance on second serves that Daniela didn't get back in. The last couple of BPs then were good points by Pavlyuchenkova.

Daniela served for the second set at 5-3 but dropped serve pretty tamely. It was really disappointing as she actually served fairly well for most of the match. In the tiebreak Daniela gushed errors like a broken oil rig.

Pistolesi needs to be sacked. I don't see any way he can stay on as Daniela's coach. She lacks confidence and concentration under him and she just doesn't seem to be able to win crucial points. Daniela's got a losing record under him but whenever she's worked with someone else (Liptak, Cahill, her mother, no one) this year she has a winning record, that says it all. I could do as well myself. Is Heinz Gundhardt doing anything these days? He turned Ivanovic around and Carl Maes will be looking for someone to coach with Kim Clijsters retiring after the US Open.

Thanks for the live scores, eddy.

Sergio Garcia was hitting with Daniela at the US Open last year and he was there at Wimbledon and Cincinnati.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 04:09 

Local Time:
I think she's done with tennis. Doesn't seem to be enjoying it anymore and Olympics are over. Just don't see her continuing on. I think she's ready for the next phase in her life.

I'm afraid you might be right. Too many things have gone wrong this season and she must be wondering what the point is. Her injury list this year is just terrible-strained her thigh in Brisbane,rolled her ankle at the Australian which lead to Clijsters rolling over her,shoulder problems at the French Fed Cup tie,horrible case of gastric flu at Indian Wells and then the stress fracture of an already damaged heel against Spain-and that is in just 4 months.

And mentally I think the terrible grass court season,going out in the first round of Wimbledon for the first time in her career,plus Olympic heart-break has really taken its toil. I only watched her matches against Wozniak and tonights match but it's been a long time since she has seemed so miserable and forlorn out there,hence the awful TB really didn't come as any surprise. :cry:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 05:37 

Local Time:
Meeeh. This sucks.

That needs to be amplified. This really, really, REALLY sucks! I only saw one game, first one of 2nd set, then the live feed cut out. I didn't pick up the 1st set until 0-3, checked the early stats and wanted to upchuck. Now I read what you said, Eddy, about how you perceived Dani's demeanor in those early games. Again, when a match doesn't start when it's supposed to, she appears to be out of sorts. You all have seen enough of my stuff to know that I can stick up for Daniela for just about anything (well, not ESPN Magazine). But for goodness sakes, this is ridiculous! Any experienced player goes through this stuff a thousand times. It's an outdoor sport in part...it rains! If a match is not 1st up on a court, people only known to their parents will make the match just before yours a 4 hour 5 set marathon. But it's almost like, especially the last couple of years, that Daniela acts as if it's the first time she's ever encountered a postponment or delay. And, most of the time she's 0-3 or something like that before she gets it going! It's frustrating as all get out.
I am on board fully with most of you...let's cast lots and the winner gets to take a Pistol to Claudio. Wretched serving is the theme over and over. If he were coaching a team sport here in America, with this kind of record, the fans would be chanting "Fire The Pistol!"
I'm totally unsure of the future. Besides the depressing (for Dani and us) results of late and all the injuries, we know that she is a multi-talented person and can have her choice of post-tennis careers. (I enjoy her voice so much that it would be cool if she went into the broadcast booth. Wishful thinking!) Yet at the same time, if she's not into it anymore, why does she make so many comebacks? Yeah, since her return most of them have fallen short, but with the lingering effects of her injuries, the stomping out of her Olympic medal dream, and crummy coaching, don't you think that some of her losses would be blowouts? As always, Daniela is a paradox. I want to believe that the fighting spirit was on display again tonight and that, with another coach, she's not done yet. We'll jsut have to see.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 12:20 

Local Time:
We've had nothing from Daniela about the match...she's never usually this quiet...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 16:21 

Local Time:
Hantuchova after losing sorry missed terminal sets. "The first round I did not have easy ticket, but Pavľučenkovová is a toy that I could overcome. I missed several chances in the important moments, I played a little bustling tactically wrong, I unáhlila some recordings. Surprised me a bit that Pavľučenkovová played slowly as I used to in previous mutual matches. In the second set, I struggled, I led 5-3, but the grueling forced a tie-break, which I did not work at all. Makeover never happier when played on grandslame in the first round, but that is a sport need to look further," she said in a conference call with the media Slovak Hantuchova, who at the peak of summer marked the Olympic tournament in London.

"The Olympics, I gave everything and I'm really proud of how I represent. Was for me an extraordinary and emotional week. Summer Series Tournament overseas Hardy did not work according to my liking, but as it is sometimes. Though you think you're doing the right things, the expected results fail. Hopefully the last third of the season will be better on my part,"
said Hantuchova.
@ google translate.

"It was difficult, although the first round, but also grueling that I could overcome. I had several chances that I missed. Especially in the more important moments, I played a little hasty, tactically I could handle it better. Lose in the 1st round ever happier, but I have to accept it and look forward. When I want to achieve good results in tournaments, such grueling, I had to overcome. Frankly, I was surprised that Pavľučenkovová played quite a bit slower than in our previous matches. surprised me a little. was in my hands and in some recordings I wasted unáhlila. Škoda the second set, I fought well and I managed to turn it to 5-3, but she then played some good tie-break and return to me at all came out," said Daniela Hantuchova in a conference call for the Slovak media.

"The highlight was definitely the Olympics. Put everything I have into it and I'm proud of how I played in London and represented. Was an extraordinary and emotional week.'m Thankful that I was healthy and I could play. Summer did not work according to my liking. Sometimes he thinks he's doing everything it can, and just the right things, but it's somehow not break. should just keep hoping it will get better and better," noted Daniela Hantuchova and revealed their program in the fall: "First in Asia, Tokyo and Beijing, then in Europe, Linz and Luxembourg."
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 19:05 

Local Time:
Daniela's entered the mixed doubles with Robert Lindstedt and they're playing Klaudia Jans-Ignacik & Mariusz Fyrstenberg, the eighth seeds, in the first round.
US Open Mixed Doubles draw.png
Daniela's gotten a seed in the first round every draw here. Hopefully, she can put in a run in the doubles because it would give her a boost of confidence which is what she needs so much right now. There have been times in the past when Daniela's been struggling in singles but she's put in a good run in doubles and that form has translated to singles.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 20:27 

Local Time:
I'm glad that Daniela's playing mixed now that she's out in singles. Judging from her comments, I guess she's not returning to Quebec City. That's OK...she can rest and train, and all that place does is conjure up more bad memories.
I see that in her half of mixed, there is a chance that the Bryan brothers could play against each other. Wonder if that's an all time first?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 21:06 

Local Time:
Meeeh. This sucks.

That needs to be amplified. This really, really, REALLY sucks! I only saw one game, first one of 2nd set, then the live feed cut out. I didn't pick up the 1st set until 0-3, checked the early stats and wanted to upchuck. Now I read what you said, Eddy, about how you perceived Dani's demeanor in those early games. Again, when a match doesn't start when it's supposed to, she appears to be out of sorts. You all have seen enough of my stuff to know that I can stick up for Daniela for just about anything (well, not ESPN Magazine). But for goodness sakes, this is ridiculous! Any experienced player goes through this stuff a thousand times. It's an outdoor sport in part...it rains! If a match is not 1st up on a court, people only known to their parents will make the match just before yours a 4 hour 5 set marathon. But it's almost like, especially the last couple of years, that Daniela acts as if it's the first time she's ever encountered a postponment or delay. And, most of the time she's 0-3 or something like that before she gets it going! It's frustrating as all get out.
I am on board fully with most of you...let's cast lots and the winner gets to take a Pistol to Claudio. Wretched serving is the theme over and over. If he were coaching a team sport here in America, with this kind of record, the fans would be chanting "Fire The Pistol!"
I'm totally unsure of the future. Besides the depressing (for Dani and us) results of late and all the injuries, we know that she is a multi-talented person and can have her choice of post-tennis careers. (I enjoy her voice so much that it would be cool if she went into the broadcast booth. Wishful thinking!) Yet at the same time, if she's not into it anymore, why does she make so many comebacks? Yeah, since her return most of them have fallen short, but with the lingering effects of her injuries, the stomping out of her Olympic medal dream, and crummy coaching, don't you think that some of her losses would be blowouts? As always, Daniela is a paradox. I want to believe that the fighting spirit was on display again tonight and that, with another coach, she's not done yet. We'll jsut have to see.

I was really surprised by the slow start, because it seemed all through the warmups that she was fired up and ready to go, and Miss Scrabble was slow to get up for both the toss and the start of the match and didn't seem ready at all. And then, bam, Daniela's complaining about a (seemingly correct) call on the third point, and 12 minutes in I'm just hoping she wins a game. Luckily she got gifted the 4th, and raised her game from there. There were a couple of rallies that were just awesome to see where she hit line, line, line, line, line, and just all credit to Anastasia for getting them all back. I was definitely proud of how she played (though at times, not her behavior), and if that's the end, it's not the worst way to go out. That would've been last year.

It is frustrating though that we had another choking dog up before her who can't finish off an easy three-set victory, and that the USTA wasted 45 minutes after it stopped raining before getting a team with squegees over to Court 13. Seriously, $4.50 for a 20oz soda, and they can't afford to have a staff of 50 kids standing by for rain cleanup? Anyway, by the time she got on court, the crowd was just DEAD. I heard literally only three people shout out anything during the entire match. There were two Hagrid impersonators though, that was interesting.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2012 23:15 

Local Time:
She can't go out with that terrible TB being her last act in singles at the US Open. :wall:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next