Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Olympic Tennis Event, London
PostPosted: 30. July 2012 19:19 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:41
Doubles 2nd set

0-1, Daniela & Dominika broken.
0-2, Radwanskas hold to 15.
1-2, Daniela & Dominika hold.
1-3, Radwanskas hold to 30, I think, the scoreboard really isn't great.
1-4, Daniela & Dominika broken.
1-5, Radwanskas hold.
1-6, Radwanskas serve out to 15.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. July 2012 20:21 

Local Time:
Wozniacki just beat Wickmayer in three sets so she's next for Daniela. I got some of the third set. Wozniacki had a long service game at 3-1 which she won on her 10th GP while Wickmayer had a lot of BPs. Wickmayer was dictating a lot of the rallies while Wozniacki was retrieving and counterpunching.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. July 2012 20:24 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:41
Shame about the doubles-I think Domi really suffered from not getting the practise in after winning Carlsbad. She didn't arrive at Wimbledon until last Wednesday.

Watched both of Wozniacki's matches and how she got through is a mystery to me-her forehand is just so bad. Daniela has a real chance here.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. July 2012 21:15 

Local Time:
Nice :)

Hope Daniela can win against Wozniacki too, that would be great :)

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2012 00:20 

Local Time:
"After I had sklamanejšia doubles as the singles. I believed that with Daniela we can do something good Uher. According to the result it looks like we got a big 'presumption.' It was not balanced, the individual gems ended at 30, to 40 Radwanska played very well, and had little luck. That's tennis," she said after the match, Dominika Cibulkova.

Daniela Hantuchova it added: "We had chances in the beginning, we were pushing them and we could have them at any breakaways. Failed to us what a shame. Static Radwanska played tennis on the network are several things did not work. In doubles, which is played as team, especially at the grass should be aggressive. Damage that because we are really looking forward to doubles. to be quickly forgotten and I have to concentrate on singles."
@ google translate

"We had a chance to start and it seemed that whenever we can breakaways, but it did not happen. Poles still play tennis, we are a few things on the network did not work and we were not aggressive. I have to forget it and concentrate on singles. This result, however, not be so," said Hantuchova after the match.

"I can be even more disappointed that it did not work in this debli. While Gems are balanced, but the result does not indicate that. Against Radwanska sisters should play more vigorously. Today but were simply better and both played very well," Cibulkova said.

Twenty-Bratislavčanka to move to London from overseas, where it continues a series of tournaments on hard surface. The American series should also play doubles alongside Daniela Hantuchova. "We agreed that we will play together and joined at the U.S. Open. I need to play in doubles. I believe that in debli I can be successful," added Dominika Cibulkova.
@ google translate

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Alex, I hope she gets better soon.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 31. July 2012 02:47 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:41
Hey guys, my wife is very ill and in Intensive Care. Please say a prayer for her. She has improved but is hardly out of the woods yet. It will be greatly appreciated.

You and her are in my thoughts and prayers, Alex

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2012 09:10 

Local Time:
Wishing your wife a speedy recovery Alex, my thoughts are with you and your family xx

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2012 14:57 

Local Time:
Daniela didnt get a mixed doubles place...thats really pissed me off...italy, usa and germany got two places each...
Daniela should have been rewarded one seeing as she's the only one to have won all 4 GS mixed doubles...shocking

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2012 16:37 

Local Time:
The head of Slovakian tennis tours in London, Miloslav Mecir counted by Hantuchova with Lacko probably not get a free card in the mix. "I expected a free card certainly get home Britons. S Australians so we did not count, but before us was based on the rankings for six-seven countries. ITF card account in the allocation of Ranking position of organizer and priorities. I'm sorry, how it all turned out because Daniela Hantuchova in the mix very excited. In the main competition will be only 16 pairs and only won two games in that players can compete for medals," he told the TASR Mečíř.
@ google translate

Hewitt's singles ranking is about 70 places below Daniela and Lucas Lacko combined and Hewitt isn't even one of the top 10 doubles players in Australia. Stosur's one of the top players but Hewitt's getting in because he was good years ago even though he's done nothing in doubles. I have my doubts that Australia would have gotten a wild card if Tomic was wanting in. I find the wild card to Sweden a bit strange as Arvidsson is ranked lower than Daniela in both singles and doubles although the combined ranking of Arvidsson in singles and Lindstedt in doubles would be lower that that of Daniela and Lacko. Lindstedt has a stronger case for getting in than Lacko as Lindstedt is a top doubles player and Lindstedt is the reason Sweden got a wildcard because Daniela trumps Arvidsson. Pretty much all of the other teams there are good and deserve their place but I'm really disappointed that Daniela and Slovakia didn't get in.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2012 17:01 

Local Time:
Really disappointed for Daniela. It's a bit of a slap in the face given her Grand Slam in the mixed doubles.

Hopefully she takes it out on Wozniacki tomorrow.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2012 21:13 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:41
My sincerest thanks, everyone. It's still touch and go with my wife, but there are hopeful signs, and she's even more of a fighter than Dani. Prayers always help!

I wanted Daniela to get into mixed, as she would have been the first ever to gain the Golden Slam in mixed had she won. The way I choose to look at it is that now her full concentration is on the art of singles giant-killer. Had she won mixed, we would have known how fantastic an achievement it would have been, but her ever-numerous nay-sayers would have scoffed at it. A gold in singles? Try scoffing at that! And I should know better, but I just have an unexplainable feeling that Daniela's time is coming in these next few days. As you might have seen on FB, a spectatator at the Cornet match (who said he sat next to Dani's mum) called her play ruthless and the best he'd ever seen her in 11 years. Never had I seen the word ruthless used for her play. Something's happening here! Let's Go, Daniela!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2012 21:58 

Local Time:
Daily Schedule Day 5 - August 1 2012

Centre Court
Start: 12:00
Women's Singles - 3rd Round Serena WILLIAMS (USA) [4] V Vera ZVONAREVA (RUS) [13]
Men's Singles - 3rd Round Lleyton HEWITT (AUS) V Novak DJOKOVIC (SRB) [2]
Men's Singles - 3rd Round Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP) V Andy MURRAY (GBR) [3]
Women's Singles - 3rd Round Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK) V Caroline WOZNIACKI (DEN) [8]

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2012 22:31 

Local Time:
Players relish new-look raucous Wimbledon
By Kylie MacLellan
LONDON | Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:00am EDT
(Reuters) - Players do not have to wear white kit, the traditional dark green color scheme on court has been replaced by bright pink and purple, music blares from speakers around the grounds and the crowds are raucous.

Welcome to new-look Wimbledon, the British institution steeped in traditions the world's top players were very familiar with - until the Olympics rolled into town.

Since the tournament ended, the All England club grounds have undergone a complete transformation. As well as the bright colors, Olympic rings now adorn the courts, even hanging from the nets.

"It's just like being in Wimbledon but not being in Wimbledon," mused Slovakia's Daniela Hantuchova.

With spectators sporting their country flags, chatting, cheering and clapping at every pause of play, the atmosphere on court is very different from the usually sedate Wimbledon crowd and more like the U.S. Open in New York.

Not everyone is finding it easy to get used to, with crying babies being asked for "quiet please" by the umpire and spectators shushing the raised voices of international media commentating animatedly from the back of the stands.

Caroline Wozniacki expects tough Daniela Hantuchova test
By Jack Prescott, Staff Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 11:40 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 11:42 UK

Caroline Wozniacki has admitted that she expects a tough third-round match with 'good friend' Daniela Hantuchova at the Olympics on Wednesday.

"Daniela is one of my good friends as well. We practise quite a lot together in Monaco," the former world number one told reporters.

"It's going to be a tough match. She likes the grass, she likes the fast surfaces. Definitely not going to be easy."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 13:15 

Local Time:
Erm Serena just beat Vera 61 60 in 51 mins...I don't think the winner between Woz and Daniela are going to have much of a chance to get to the semis.

But would be great for Daniela to get a quarter-final here at least so good luck Daniela against Woz!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. August 2012 18:31 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:41
Lets go Dani! u can do it :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next