Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : ATP Tour

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: ATP World Tour 2012 Season
PostPosted: 6. June 2012 11:21 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 12:08
Off the top of my head, Sampras was no.1 for 287 weeks and Federer was no.1 for 286 weeks. Federer would have the record but he lost early at Indian Wells and Miami after having MPs in 2010 and he also lost early in Rome. If he'd won those matches, he'd have been no. 1 for a few more weeks.

I don't think Federer will get the number 1 ranking back unfortunately. But I hope he does. I would love it if he were to set more records. He can start by winning the French Open :)

It was two great QFs yesterday. I was rooting for Tsonga though, I like him, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. June 2012 19:03 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:08
Nadal thrashed Ferrer and Djokovic beat Federer. Djokovic is only the fourth man to get to the Roland Garros final since 2006.

Nadal can go past Borg's six Roland Garros wins while Djokovic can become only the third man to hold all four slams simultaneously.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. June 2012 19:29 

Local Time:
Federer :wall:

Sad to see such a talented performer play that badly. :tape:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 9. June 2012 14:33 

Local Time:
Federer :wall:

Sad to see such a talented performer play that badly. :tape:

I'm with you on this one. Federer should have won that second set. Up 4-0 and later serving for the set, but those UEs. Had he won that set, who knows what would have happened.

I don't want Djokovic to hold all 4 majors at once, as Roger hasn't even done that, but I don't want Nadal to win yet another French Open.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. June 2012 14:19 

Local Time:
Rafa :beer:

7 RG titles,50 overall. Special player.

Commiserations to Nole.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. June 2012 19:43 

Local Time:
Nadal always winning at Roland Garros is just like Sampras always winning Wimbledon in the 90s, you know what they're going to do, they're incredibly proficient at what they do, no one can stop them doing it and the inevitably of them winning is a bit boring.

Extending the analogy further, they both had a shocking upset loss in the middle of their runs: Sampras to Krajicek and Nadal to Soderling.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2012 17:12 

Local Time:
Nalby :wall: :wall: :wall: :roll: :roll: :roll:

No defense for his actions today. He will be lucky not to receive a ban-it's devastating as a fan to see him ruin his reputation in this way. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2012 22:41 

Local Time:
Lukas Rosol just beat Nadal. Rosol played amazingly in the fifth set and he was firing down bombs on serve and blasting winners. Unbelievable performance and one of the biggest upsets of the Open era.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. June 2012 21:32 

Local Time:
Federer had to come from 2 sets down to beat Benneteau. Benneteau was playing great tennis in the first two sets to go 2-0 up and he was 2 points away from winning in the 4th set tiebreak but Federer won it and won the fifth pretty easily.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 30. June 2012 07:44 

Local Time:
yes a lot of drama on ATP. My boyfriend and I recently had a conversation about the stability of the ATP top compared to the WTA top. How Djokovic, Nadal, Federer (and Murray) always reach the SF and how big the gap is to the next level of players, though this level is really consistent as well. And then Nadal goes crashing out to a guy we've never heard of. Had I been told prior to Wimbledon by a psychic that the world number 2 would lose in the 2nd round, I would immediately have assumed that it was in WTA and bitch about Vika.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2012 19:41 

Local Time:
Federer beat Djokovic and Murray beat Tsonga in the Wimbledon semis. Both were good quality matches.

Federer will be no. 1 again if he wins while Murray will be the first British man to win a slam since 1936.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2012 23:34 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:08
Since start of 2006, all but one of the 26 grand slams have been been won by Federer, Nadal or Djokovic.

In contrast, counting tomorrow's Wimbledon final, seven different women will have won the last seven Grand Slams. And since 2006, thirteen different women have won the 26 Grand Slams.

Also in contrast, since the start of 2006, 19 different male golfers have won majors (grand slams).

Site Admin
PostPosted: 8. July 2012 16:19 

Local Time:
Since start of 2006, all but one of the 26 grand slams have been been won by Federer, Nadal or Djokovic.

In contrast, counting tomorrow's Wimbledon final, seven different women will have won the last seven Grand Slams. And since 2006, thirteen different women have won the 26 Grand Slams.

Also in contrast, since the start of 2006, 19 different male golfers have won majors (grand slams).,

lol, very much shows the difference in eras right now.

On a different note, I can't believe Federer is so close to being number 1 one. So happy for him if he gets back on top.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. July 2012 18:21 

Local Time:
Congratulations Roger. :beer:

Consummate performance,and I do enjoy Sampras' records being broken,so there is no doubt who the better player is.

Commiserations to Andy-really had to take that second set to a tiebreak,his shoulders dropped noticeably after losing it. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. July 2012 21:31 

Local Time:
A very good match and Federer played his best tennis when he needed to to win his seventh Wimbledon. Murray was the better player in the first two sets, but he didn't take his chances in the second and Federer played a couple of great points to break for the set and level the match. His level went up after that while Murray wasn't as good. The pivotal moment in the match was the 3-2 game in the third set when they both had loads of GPs before Federer eventually broke and that was the match right there. Murray kept battling but his spirit was broken while Federer was playing too well and kept the momentum through the match.

Federer's going to have the record for most weeks at no.1 and he's the oldest no.1 and slam winner since Agassi in 2003.

Was it really necessary to have Murray do an interview after the match? He was obviously distraught and while his speech was very gracious and dignified, I don't think he should have had to do one. He should win a slam and when/if he wins one he'll go on to win a few more. Murray's unlucky he has to compete against Federer, Djokovic and Nadal who've had an unprecedented dominance in recent years. Murray's a much better player than some of the slam winners in the late 90s and early 00s.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : ATP Tour

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next