Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 09:14 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 14:14
so kim clijsters will start to serve, let's go daniela!!!

daniela saves 2 BP's to hold, 1-1 :)

2-3

saves again 2 BP's but with the 3rd broken...2-4

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 09:43 

Local Time:
BLOODY NET CHORD AHG!!!! YESSS BREAKS BACK COMON MUST HOLD NOW TO KEEP IN CONTENTION.

Another shot that hits the net and Kim quick for the put away 3-5..sucks...

This isn't fair..Kim played well but no amazing, Daniela played well for most of the set but with Kim serving first really helped her when she broke to serve for the set.

It's going to be very tough from here. Comon Daniela get a good start in this 2nd set...

Last edited by eddy on 20. January 2012 10:01, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 10:00 

Local Time:
mhh 1st set 6-3 to kim, but 2nd set is yours daniela!!! come on!!

daniela broken to 15....0-1 :(

ahhhh, has a bp but wasted stupid... 0-2

holds with her 2nd GP to 1-2

1-3. clijsters just too good now...

puhh dani broken..1-4.. too many errors and some great shots from kim :(

2-4. breaks back to 30, please hold now!!

2-6... :( kim was too good... hope daniela can make a good run with aga in doubles

Last edited by Patti1989 on 20. January 2012 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 10:31 

Local Time:
Ah well, Daniela tried her best, at least she wasn't blasted off the court.. :( :(

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 10:37 

Local Time:
Order of Play Saturday 21 January

Court 13(11:00am)
Women's Doubles - 2nd Round
Irina-Camelia Begu(ROU) /Monica Niculescu(ROU) vs. Natalie Grandin(RSA)[9] /Vladimira Uhlirova(CZE)[9]

Men's Doubles - 2nd Round
Juan Sebastian Cabal(COL) /Robert Farah(COL) vs. Max Mirnyi(BLR)[2] /Daniel Nestor(CAN)[2]

Not Before:2:00 PM
Women's Doubles - 2nd Round
Tamira Paszek(AUT) /Jasmin Woehr(GER) vs. Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[8] /Agnieszka Radwanska(POL)[8]

Mixed Doubles - 1st Round
Liezel Huber(USA) /Colin Fleming(GBR) vs. Maria Kirilenko(RUS)[3] /Daniel Nestor(CAN)[3]

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 10:44 

Local Time:
Thoroughly depressed...not because she lost but because her draw could have been so much easier...Daniela's job between now and the French Open is to get that ranking higher so she doesn't have to face players like Clijsters so early on...

Looking ahead, I presume she'll play Fed Cup (yawn) and then off to defend her title in Pattaya.

I think she's only playing Dubai which is the bigger event for this year of the dubai/doha swing so that'll mean she'll have a week off after Pattaya unlike last year.

If she can get SF at Pattaya at least and then crack a QF at Dubai then she really will be pushing back into the top 15..

Rest well Daniela and good luck in the doubles at AO.

7 wins to 3 losses at the beginning of the year is pretty good. So nice start to the year Daniela. ;)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 11:04 

Local Time:
Expected. She played much better in this round than previously-I suspect the foot has been bothering her throughout the tournament. :cry:

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 15:21 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 08:14

Looking ahead, I presume she'll play Fed Cup (yawn) and then off to defend her title in Pattaya.

7 wins to 3 losses at the beginning of the year is pretty good. So nice start to the year Daniela. ;)

Doesn't she have to play Fed Cup in order to be selected for Olympics? Or is that just a US thing.

All in all not a bad start to the year at all...luck played a big part but she hasn't been the luckiest of players throughout her career. Can def see some positives going forward. Interesting that over the past couple of years Roland Garros has been her most consistent slam performance.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 16:36 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 13:14

Doesn't she have to play Fed Cup in order to be selected for Olympics? Or is that just a US thing.

You're right, it's certainly not just a US thing. The main reason Andy Murray has been playing David Cup more recently (despite how lowley ranked Britain are) is so he can participate in the Olympics.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 20:15 

Local Time:
This is disappointing but Clijsters is a great player who's a bad matchup for Daniela. Daniela had chances but Clijsters was very good. Daniela was hampered by her ankle in this tournament and she could have done better against Kim if she'd been fitter but Clijsters played very well.

"It shows that Kim has learned from the recent match in Brisbane. From the beginning has shown a concentrated, played great and I certainly did not such a good performance as two weeks ago. I Expected more from each other. The chances of panic and I can not spoil recorded strikes such as the brejkbale to 1:1 in the second set even before the first game, because those players will not be many opportunities. On the contrary, they know themselves in these moments turn to one hundred percent, the maximum benefit possible. In fact the biggest difference today is: because Kim, where, and won many tournaments. knows exactly what to do in given situations. I made ​​several vain splašila. Pity the Grand Slam tournaments that count the most, I had at this tournament bigger ambitions. With today's certainly not I am satisfied," said Daniela Hantuchova in the conference phone for the Slovak media.

Five former renkingu break Hantuchova to health, said: "The warm-up I felt absolutely nothing, but after the second and the third injected GEMET me there. A month ago I had the ankle sprain, I did not want to risk anything, I gave a leg bandage to be solidified and deteriorate. Subconsciously I was then particularly Backhand side and sometimes a little cautious when striking down late, but not at all affect the outcome. Kim won deservedly, played fantastically. "

"Initially, I felt completely relaxed. Because I have yet to be fresh in the memory of our previous mutual struggle that I Abandoned. In addition to this stand, everything I was premiered by predvlaňajšieho debacle 0:6, 1:6 with Nada Petrova. At least I have not had Moreover motivation. I wanted to play well, concentrated. Netúžila I truly after that something happened. I have a feeling of peace itself that perhaps can not play twice in the same villages so badly," she said with a smile, Kim Clijsters in an interview organizers and said: "The tactical site was clear to me what to do. It was difficult to implement because every game is different. Nepočínala I consistently optimal, but I fought. I tried to show my best tennis, and finally it was enough to the victory. "
@ google translate.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 20:37 

Local Time:
I wonder if Daniela will continue with Claudio now the Australian swing is over. What do you guys think? Her ball toss has gone completely out of the window which I don't really understand and she's never had a problem with that before.

Hope Danielas not too disappointed and maybe a good run in doubles will make up for it.

I hope she does stay with Claudio until at least the clay season.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2012 21:13 

Local Time:
I wonder if Daniela will continue with Claudio now the Australian swing is over. What do you guys think? Her ball toss has gone completely out of the window which I don't really understand and she's never had a problem with that before.

I'm fed up with Daniela constantly chopping and changing her coaches. A little continuity wouldn't go amiss. Having said that,the matches that I've seen of Daniela have been unimpressive to say the least. She seems to have lost power on her groundstrokes,her serve is degenerating into a Dementieva-style mess,and the much vaunted revamp of her net game is nowhere to be seen.

3 tournaments is far too little time to evaluate the worth of a coach IMHO. Extend the contract through to Miami and see how she's playing then.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2012 09:23 

Local Time:
Daniela and Agnieszka looked to have had a pretty tough doubles match this time around, managing to only win 6-0 6-0 against Paszek and Woehr :lol:

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2012 19:18 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 07:14
Errani and Vinci are up next. The top seeds, Srebotnik and Peschke, withdrew because of injury so there's a fairly clear path to the semis.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 21. January 2012 19:47 

Local Time:
i really have a good feeling in doubles :) would be great to see their next doubles match, are showcourt 2 and 3 also streamed in week 2?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next