Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Brisbane International, Brisbane
PostPosted: 1. January 2012 17:06 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:51
Wohoo!

I forgot about Brisbane. This is great. It looks like a tough match. Hope Daniela will have a great season this year! :)

Is there a chance I can see the match? If anybody recorded it, please, I would like to watch it. Thanks :)

BTW, Happy new year everybody :)

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. January 2012 17:15 

Local Time:
Nah no matches were on TV for the Sunday start. Coverage starts tomo 2nd Jan.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. January 2012 17:18 

Local Time:
ok, thanks for the info :)

Everything in life happens for a reason

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 1. January 2012 17:36 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:51
yay, cool win!! good start in 2012 :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. January 2012 17:45 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:51
For once, the draw worked in Daniela's favor. We will somewhat ignore the stats that show that as the match developed, her serve was going to decide things, but we didn't know for which player! Much to be encouraged by; Dani must be pleased. Winning a 3 setter in 2:23...she must have her fitness and her fight in her. Down a set and a break, she still has her perserverance. And we gotta love the 7 3rd set aces! Let's Go, Daniela! :heart2:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. January 2012 18:36 

Local Time:
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: An absolutely superb win by Daniela and what a way to start 2012, she showed her desire, determination and skill to fight back and get the win. This is awesome, it will give Daniela a big boost of confidence for the season and some nice points to start the year off.

"I am very happy. It was a match with a very high level. The fact that I can beat Dominika, I had to play very well, which I succeeded. Sting would therefore really true that, as the New Year and all year round ... " said SITA Daniela Hantuchova and added: "Perhaps only those DOUBLE FAULTS should not have to be confirmed. reflected that my new coach Claudio Pistolesi has encourages more aggressive play from the administration already. Overall, I reckon with more of errors. On the other hand - I gave ten aces. DOUBLE FAULTS They also raised the fact that the problems with the service arm of the last component of the game where we started the run to work."

"Maybe on paper in one and the latter seems easier somehow, but they are both práveže toys to me in the past narobili problems, my style of play totally satisfying. So we have to be careful," noted D. Hantuchova, who, despite the strict regime now in a toast: "We were the 'child' Silvestri at nine in the evening and then I finally somehow survived, but soon after midnight I went to sleep."

"Today I'm in Brisbane enjoyed the more that he vlaňajšok I was there so frustrating. I very much appreciate that I could play, even we finally moved to the main yard," said Daniela Hantuchova, who on Monday will introduce the doubles with Italian Francesca Schiavone: "We entered at the last minute. Somehow we neither nesilili, but it again has to do with what we have with Claudio intentions. Doubles is a good opportunity to work to do to aggression, play at the net."
@ google translate.

Hantuchova after triumphing over Cibulkova and successful entry into the new season, made a secret satisfaction.

"The match was very good level and I had to play great, so I beat Dominic. Sting would be true that, as the New Year and all year round! First set came out to me according to your wishes, but nedeprimovalo me and I still tried to play aggressive what finally brought me success. I am glad that in the very first match of the season, I demonstrated on the court offensive game, where we are with Claudio Pistolesi in preparation for work, though still a lot of things need improvement," said Hantuchova, who could no longer wait start the new season.

"I very much enjoyed when we can once again play a competitive match. I was glad that we now play Dominika DC on New Year's, at least I could test as to how I am. New Year's Eve I neužila much, I had to be almost bed, but my profession is still tennis, so any celebrations while there is no room. In the second round awaits me uncomfortable rival. Czink game or King's does not fit me too, but I will try to build on the good performance of the match against Dominica and win," said Hantuchova.
@ google translate.

A see-sawing encounter at Pat Rafter Arena saw Daniela Hantuchova hold her nerve to upset countrywoman and eighth seed Dominika Cibulkova 3-6 6-4 6-3.

In a match where both players seemingly broke the other’s serve at will, Hantuchova finished slightly stronger in a battle of two evenly matched combatants.

“In the first match of the year you always don’t know what to expect,” she said.

“Because of my shoulder injury at the end of the season I couldn’t really practice my serve, so it’s a work in progress.”

However, her serve definitely held strong when she needed it the most.

Looking to close out the match – after she broke the Cibulkova serve for a 5-4 advantage in the eighth game of the final set – Hantuchova bucked the trend of double faults and receiver-dominated tennis to send down consecutive aces on the first two points.

A dramatic climax then saw Hantuchova utilise Hawk-Eye to overule a call on a Cibulkova groundstroke on match point.

“I actually saw the mark but you never know until the last second, so my heart was like, 200 [beats per minute],” she said.

Correctly, the ball was deemed out allowing crowd-favourite Hantuchova to progress to the second round in an ultra-competitive top half of the women’s draw.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. January 2012 18:53 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Monday, January 2, 2012

Court 1 (from 10.30hrs)
1. ATP: Mayer vs. Istomin
2. Vania King vs. Melinda Czink
3. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs. Polona Hercog
4. ATP: Mello vs. Müller
5. Hantuchova/Schiavone vs. Llagostera Vives/Parra Santonja

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2012 01:10 

Local Time:
  Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. January 2012 02:40 

Local Time:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2012 10:53 

Local Time:
Lost the doubles 4-6 3-6. Will play Vania King in the next round.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 2. January 2012 16:36 

Local Time:
hope so daniela can win her next match. and then maybe against serena :) this would be on pat rafter and so on tv i think...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2012 16:47 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Court 1 (from 10.30hrs)
1. Dushevina/Peer vs. Cibulkova/Husarova
2. ATP: Ito vs. Mitchell (NB 12.00hrs)
3. ATP: Millman vs. Giraldo
4. Vania King vs. Daniela Hantuchova
5. ATP: Jones/Matosevic vs. Qureshi/Rojer

Daniela with a great chance of a quarter-final spot, 120 points, and a match-up with, most likely, Serena...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2012 17:01 

Local Time:
I remember in 2010 Daniela got to quarters after beating Szavay and then lost to a not so good Petkovic and she was really disappointed as she would have played Clijsters in the semis. Really hope Daniela gets past Vania as I know she'll be desperate to play Serena. Daniela tends to not play so well on outside courts so I hope she'll adjust from her 1st round match.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2012 18:20 

Local Time:
It would have been nice for Daniela to have won in doubles but she was basically playing there for practice and Llagostera Vives & Parra Santonja are a fairly good team. She got to play on court 1 so she's had the chance to play there and get used to the conditions before she plays her singles match there.

I just hope that Daniela doesn't have a let down after her big win in the first round. King's given Daniela some tough matches in the past but Daniela's 5-0 against her and Daniela's level will determine the match. Daniela has to be focused on beating King.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 3. January 2012 06:17 

Local Time:
Daniela starts to serve

1st Set
1-0, 1-1, daniela got broken after 2 GP's.... 1-2, 1-3, holds to love 2-3, 2-4, got broken to 2-5 :?, breaks back and with 2nd ace to 4-5, shit King holds to 4-6 1st set

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next