Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier II Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 31. August 2011 20:04 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:43
Every court at Indian Wells has Hawkeye, so I don't see why the US Open can't have that, that's another disadvantage about an outside court, plus the line judges and umpire won't be top notch. With Hawkeye, Daniela would have had the chance to challenge dodgy calls and get them overturned or at least not had any sense of injustice or doubt about contentious calls. Parmentier played well and credit to her but it's easier to play well when you've got an extra six inches to hit into. Maybe this is handicap tennis with the underdog having a bigger court to hit into, I must have missed that rule change. The more I hear about this match the more it reminds me about the match at the Australian Open with Daniela not being fully fit and lots of line calls going against her. Yesterday Daniela had a bit of an off day, her opponent's inspired and she has no luck with line calls.

I'm just interested, did Daniela have any shots wrongly called out or was it mainly Parmentier errors being called in?

Daniela had one shot called out that was a clear winner, the chair overruled and they had to replay the point. I wasn't sure why, b/c Parametier had no shot at returning the ball. For the most part the bad calls were on the serve, I counted at least 6 first serves of Parametier that were long but called good. Many people around me were also commenting that many of PP's serves were out but being called in. The incorrect call on the baseline on a deep shot from Parametier was the only baseline calling error I saw, but it was so blantantly out the line judge shouldn't even be allowed to cross the street unassisted. Again we can't blame the loss on this b/c based on her on court behavior (again I didn't see any tears) something was definitely off yesterday.

Do you think she still enjoys tennis? I read somewhere that she started taking university management classes.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2011 00:00 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:43
Thanks for that, mhs. Daniela was below her best for whatever reason and Parmentier played very well but that's still at least 8 calls that went against her and one was at a crucial time at game point in what turned out to be the last game of the match, if that had gone Daniela's way then who knows what could have happened. Plus, if Parmentier's getting first serves that she shouldn't have been getting then it really helps although Parmentier's second serve percentage was very good so it wasn't crucial, although it makes you wonder. It just seems that nothing went right for Daniela: she played poorly which is the main factor in the loss, the opponent played well and she didn't get the calls she should have.

I'm not sure that there were any tears because it wasn't mentioned in any of the match reports or in the Slovak media. I checked twitter and I didn't see any mention of it there.

I'm sure Daniela's still passionate about her tennis as she's got the Slovak Fed Cup captain as her coach and she's working with a top trainer in Pat Etcheberry, plus until this tournament she'd been playing some fantastic tennis this year. Daniela's a very intelligent woman and she wants to challenge herself and she won't be playing forever but I'm sure tennis is her top priority. Vera Zvonareva's doing a degree and I think Jankovic is doing a degree as well.

Not a good tournament for Slovakia, Dominika Cibulkova's just lost to Falconi from a set up and then 4-1 up in the third.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2011 00:38 

Local Time:
Schedule of Play Thursday, September 1

Court 14

11:00
Men's Doubles - 1st Round
Sergiy Stakhovsky(UKR) / Mikhail Youzhny(RUS) vs. Robin Haase(NED) / Victor Hanescu(ROU)

Women's Doubles - 1st Round
Eleni Daniilidou(GRE) / Polona Hercog(SLO) vs. Sabine Lisicki(GER) / Samantha Stosur(AUS)

Men's Doubles - 1st Round
Juan Ignacio Chela(ARG)[14] / Eduardo Schwank(ARG)[14] vs. Adil Shamasdin(CAN) / Igor Zelenay(SVK)

Shuai Peng(CHN)[7] / Jie Zheng(CHN)[7] vs. Daniela Hantuchova(SVK) / Agnieszka Radwanska(POL)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2011 12:13 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:43
Schedule of Play Thursday, September 1
Shuai Peng(CHN)[7] / Jie Zheng(CHN)[7] vs. Daniela Hantuchova(SVK) / Agnieszka Radwanska(POL)

Who would have thought that of these four players that Jie Zheng would be the last one standing in singles?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2011 15:08 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:43
Peng is also still in singles.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 1. September 2011 21:01 

Local Time:
correct.

Who would have thought that of these four players that Jie Zheng would be the last one standing in singles?
she also lost today, so Peng is the only one remaining in the singles competition. But she'll exit tomorrow against Görges 8-)

Doubles match NB 05:00 pm.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2011 22:33 

Local Time:
Amanmuradova beat Parmentier 63 75

Daniela on course for the wooden spoon.... :oops:

Still no words from Daniela...quite annoying actually...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2011 22:38 

Local Time:
Daniela and Agnieszka win the first set 6-0.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2011 23:07 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:43
correct.

she also lost today, so Peng is the only one remaining in the singles competition. But she'll exit tomorrow against Görges 8-)

Doubles match NB 05:00 pm.

Oops. I confused Na Li with Shuai Peng. You know, they all look the same . . Just kidding.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2011 23:23 

Local Time:
Bollocks. Zheng & Peng win the second set 6-4. They won four games in a row from 1-2 to go 5-2 up and served it out at the second attempt. Daniela and Agnieszka are serving first in the third. Come On!

Edit: Awfully long break so there must be a.... as soon as I started typing the scoreboard kicks into motion 30-15.

Broken in the first game, balls, 0-1.
1-1, break back to 0.
2-1, hold to 30.
2-2, Peng & Zheng hold after a couple of deuces, no BP.
3-2, hold to 0.
4-2, Daniela and Agnieszka break on their 3rd BP.
5-2, Daniela and Agnieszka win on their 2nd GP after a deuce.
5-3, Daniela and Agnieszka had 2 MPs but couldn't convert.
5-4, Daniela & Agnieszka were 30-0 but lost the next 4 points.
6-4, Daniela & Agnieszka break to 15 to win on their 3rd MP. :wav: :wav: They beat the 7th seeds and Rome Champions.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2011 00:24 

Local Time:
Schedule of Play Friday, September 2

Court 7

11:00 AM
Men's Doubles - 2nd Round
Martin Emmrich(GER) / Andreas Siljestrom(SWE) vs. Mark Knowles(BAH)[15] / Xavier Malisse(BEL)[15]

Men's Singles - 2nd Round
Ernests Gulbis(LAT) vs. Gilles Muller(LUX)

Men's Doubles - 2nd Round
Ivo Karlovic(CRO) / Frank Moser(GER) vs. Simone Bolelli(ITA) / Fabio Fognini(ITA)

Mixed Doubles - 1st Round
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK) / Mark Knowles(BAH) vs. Christina Fusano(USA) / David Martin(USA)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2011 00:39 

Local Time:
Delighted with the opening doubles win. It shows Tuesday's singles disaster was just an awful day. This doubles win should help Daniela feel better about her game.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 2. September 2011 00:48 

Local Time:
wow, very close in the end, but they came through :beer:
Whatever was wrong against Parmentier, it seems to have disappeared. Hopefully.

Oops. I confused Na Li with Shuai Peng. You know, they all look the same . . Just kidding.
:D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2011 13:55 

Local Time:
Hantuchova will correct taste, rather it needed
02.09.2011 03:38:00

New York (AP) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova (pictured) can be compared with an interval of two days she could not remember the last time before utorňajšou surprising defeat 2:6, 3:6 against France in the first Pauline Parmentierovou round women's singles at the U.S. Open Grand Slam in New York took place comparatively a poor match.

"Absolutely have to also remember something. This year, certainly not," said Daniela Hantuchova SITA on Thursday after the success of the first New York round of the doubles alongside Poles and Agnieszka Radwanska said: "I am delighted that we have at least a little taste of the remedy singles, both are quite needed." Radwanska on Wednesday in the second round suddenly was not enough for a German Angelique Kerber.

Captain Zverenkyňa fedcupovej representation SR Mateja Lipták Hantuchova in memory of the duel with Parmentierovou, 62 in renkingu, stated: "I try to leave behind, quickly forget and move on. I too want to return. Actually, I do not know what happened. Mostly alone I can name what was wrong, but in this case. rival played very smart and I had a feeling that life form caught. Nothing, however, does not change the fact that it was a match that should be in my hands. I can not tell you specifically what failed. It was one of those days when absolutely does not work nothing. should accept it and nothing nevyhovárať."

Hantuchova did not hide the frustration, but she stared ahead: "Despite the defeat of such a person gets difficult. Failure me regret even more that just came in Grand Slam tournaments, where the greatest ambitions. After working hard throughout the summer is definitely pleasing. I guess I was not 'ready' for it that I got for what I came here ... It is said, however, that what has put you, it will strengthen. This should be taken as it is, and learn."

Five former world rankings Hantuchova appears among the toys which are known to the hall 'hardový "Tournament WTA Bell Challenge Quebec City in Canada from 12 September "While this is true. We'll see. The heel and the other is not much of anything. It's not good. utorňajšou With that defeat, however, has nothing to do. It's a separate thing, but I will have to address. It is certainly not is as I imagined," said Daniela Hantuchova and confirmed that this is the leg that was injured during the Christmas season: "Then it was the Achilles tendon, heel now. Same as I was three years ago, when I paused, but now it is on the left leg."

Hantuchova missed the 2008 season on the court since the beginning of April to late June for calcaneus stress fracture on the right foot. Last week, for a left leg injury was absent in New Haven.

@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. September 2011 18:16 

Local Time:
Thanks for this.

Even though Daniela says that her injury didn't have anything to do with the loss, I do think it played a factor. She's being modest. Daniela has been having so many injures recently - they keep piling up...I hope in a way that if she goes deep in the doubles she withdraws from Quebec.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next