Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Hansol Korea Open, Seoul
PostPosted: 25. September 2009 18:02 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:32
That is really frustrating. Such a great chance to taking the first title of the year and then a bad loss once again.
I don't know what was going with Daniela when she threw away that lead in the first set. If she took that one, I'm sure Daniela would have one in straight sets.
IMO oppinion there is no excuse for that result. A player like Daniela just mustn't lose a match against a 39-year-old, also when Date-Krumm played well.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 25. September 2009 18:18 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 17:32
Personally I was taken aback with today result.

It seems like Daniela really need to maintain her game. If not, she will never be on top again. She will only be 'the regular tennis player' and not the great player or champion. To be honest, I felt disappointed with this result and was sadder because she lost to an old player like Krumm. (Sorry this may seem harsh.)

But I do hope Daniela play better in future. I wish her all the best.

i guess this is why daniela will never be one who wins many titles.
quite frustrating for a fan

I agree with you.
Oh poor Danka. This loss really made me felt sad for her and in a weird way for myself too.

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. September 2009 19:43 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:32
Daniela's Seoul blog on the match:

Unfortunately, I lost to Kimiko today. It was a very long and up-and-down match. I had chances, but all the credit to Kimiko, she was playing unbelievably. I thought she would get tired, because she hasn't been back for long and because of her age, but she didn't. She was going for her shots, hitting them flat and hard, and it was very tough for me to do anything. She never backed down. I had a few chances at 4-all in the third, but she was fighting so hard for every point. It just didn't work for me. I knew I had a tough match coming, but I didn't think she'd play this well! She had been away from the game for so long and I thought she'd make more mistakes, but she played a perfect match.

Despite the loss, this week has been very good preparation for Tokyo and Beijing.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 00:44 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 04:32
This is worth a public apology to the fans, seriously.

Indeed. Personally, I wouldn't be offended by cash. ;)

Daniela is always classy and complementary in defeat as evident by her blog today. But I was hoping for some more reflection and analysis of why she lost, what she regretted doing and not doing, etc.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 03:17 

Local Time:
Daniela is always classy and complementary in defeat as evident by her blog today. But I was hoping for some more reflection and analysis of why she lost, what she regretted doing and not doing, etc.Like I wrote on the TF, this is Daniela's typical bullsh*t. You could count on one hand how often she admitted her performance wasn't exactly stellar and said what had gone wrong. Instead she makes it look like everyone she lost to was a worldbeater. She played a perfect match, geez. :lol: Granted, I didn't see this one, but I saw other ones when Daniela played terribly but then said her opponent had played the match of her life. :lol:

I wish she told us she was angry with herself, what needs to be improved, what she did wrong. Show some fire, Daniela!
But she was perfectly content with the result saying the tournament was a good preparation for the next ones. Whether she just doesn't care about these small tourneys or doesn't believe she can improve I am not sure.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 03:27 

Local Time:
^ On that note, Kimiko gave an interesting take on what strategy she used to beat Daniela .

Now I'd imagine Daniela is capable of analyzing like that and thinking like that, so why doesn't she ever interview like that? Yes, seeing her show fire would be interesting but I really would like to get a better glimpse into what and how she thinks. There's no reason she cannot do that and still come across as polite and ladylike (which I gather is important to her because she goes for that to such an extent that she ends up spewing loads of BS as Martin said).

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 04:08 

Local Time:
I wish she told us she was angry with herself, what needs to be improved, what she did wrong. Show some fire, Daniela!
But she was perfectly content with the result saying the tournament was a good preparation for the next ones. Whether she just doesn't care about these small tourneys or doesn't believe she can improve I am not sure.Daniela has her comfort zone,and will not stray out of it. I notice she didn't write anything about blowing a *5-1 30-0 lead. The feeling I get from the blog is that she went into the match complacent,and then couldn't raise her level when she needed to. She really needs a Krajan style coach,who will make his displeasure obvious when she starts to lapse into old habits. I'm unconvinced that Passos has done anything to improve her mental fortitude.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 05:35 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:32
During this 3 matches , Daniela had 59.2% of her 1st serves (138 out of 233) winning 63% (87 out of 138) on 1st serve and 50.5% on her 2nd (48 out of 95).
She hit 13 aces and made 4 DF
Her Break Point conversion was 34.6% (18 out of 52) and was broken 50% of the times she had BP against (11 out of 22).

I don't think that her stats are great especially because against Scheppers she won 6-1 6-1.
She really needs to improve her serve and her BP conversion quickly

banned
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 10:00 

Local Time:
Let's face it, Hantuchova has NEVER been very good at self-analyzing. I kind of gave up on her after she stated in an interview, that the infamous match she lost against Ivanovic at the AO 2008 after being up 6-0, 2-0, had been a GOOD match for her. After I read that, I thought it can be one of two things: either this woman in in complete DENIAL about herself and her tennis, or she is totally DELUSIONAL. If you're a total headcase, no coach, no matter how good, can help you.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 10:18 

Local Time:
Welcome to the forum,Nem! In regards to the points you make,I think it is a deliberate strategy of denial. We know that she does tend to get very down on herself(if you think she was anything other than distraught after this loss,I've got some swampland in Florida to sell you),and she has probably been told by the likes of Jim Loehr to focus on the positive aspects of any defeat-and she did play some world-class tennis in the defeat to Ivanovic. That is where,I believe,the delusional comments come from.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 13:52 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 20:32
How shit.

Me sad.

I also think it would have been nice to see Daniela show some sort of disappointment at how, in particular, she lost that first set. Regardless of how well Kimiko was playing at the tail end of the first i'd like to think Daniela could convert a 5-1 lead in a set against anyone. It seems apparent to me that Daniela didn't give a stuff about this tournament. It's strange because you'd think winning a tournament would be your best preparation for proceeding ones :roll:

Argh. I really wish Daniela would give us more to cheer about some times. This loss has really irritated me. I wish she was irritated too.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 15:03 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 17:32
I'm irritated too.

Oh Kimiko won against Kirilenko. Kimiko could be my favorite player too.

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 16:33 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:32
Daniela's a very private person and she doesn't want to talk about her feelings and emotions in public so that's why so many of her statements are platitudes. I don't think she's ever going to bare her soul in interviews. She's also had intense scrutiny from the media in the past and I think it's once bitten, twice shy for Daniela. She's also a very polite and considerate person and I think she'd feel it was rude or disrespectful not to credit her opponent. The majority of players react to losses with stock responces of some sort anyway, usually along the lines that the opponent was the better player on the day.
I would imagine that there's a big difference between what Daniela really thinks about the match and how she'd analyse it with Passos and what she says about it publicly.

It seems that a lot of the time Daniela establishes a rhythm in a match, usually hitting groundstrokes from the baseline, and is comfortable and dictating play but whenever that rhythm is disrupted, whether by the opponent raising their level or changing their tactics, Daniela seems to have a difficulty adjusting and either raising her level or changing her own tactics. She'll often try to keep forcing groundstrokes from the baseline, but without changing the placement too much and she'll try to hit through the opponent when she could vary the pace and placement, use more slice or try serve and volley which are all strategies Daniela has the talent to use. Sometimes she gets complacent and loses concentration and lets the opponent back in or she gets tense and doesn't focus clearly. Daniela usually comes through because she is a fighter, she has a lot of talent and she figures something out eventually but she struggles with this a lot.

This tournament is a lot like Warsaw as it had a weak field and was great opportunity for Daniela to get a trophy but Daniela loses a winnable match to an opponent who is having a great week. It would be fantastic if Date Krumm could win the tournament, that would be a comeback!

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. September 2009 17:28 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:32
Yes, I also think her attitude its down to how she goes about with emotions in public. And I believe daniela prefers to stay positive and proper. Im also sure she will talk about the horrible things she did in the match (blowing the 5-1 lead) but in a private zone, with her coach and team...
This may seem delussional or whatever, but Im sure this is just her face to the press. Ana Ivanovic is the same, though she takes it a bit far sometimes...

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. September 2009 02:51 

Local Time:
Daniela's a very private person and she doesn't want to talk about her feelings and emotions in public so that's why so many of her statements are platitudes. I don't think she's ever going to bare her soul in interviews. She's also had intense scrutiny from the media in the past and I think it's once bitten, twice shy for Daniela. She's also a very polite and considerate person and I think she'd feel it was rude or disrespectful not to credit her opponent. The majority of players react to losses with stock responces of some sort anyway, usually along the lines that the opponent was the better player on the day.
I would imagine that there's a big difference between what Daniela really thinks about the match and how she'd analyse it with Passos and what she says about it publicly.

Well said. I like the fact that Daniela doesn't feel the need to bare her soul to the media just because she is a Sports Figure. As I have said before. She is a delightful, successfull, smart, young lady who is traveling the world, doing what she loves, and at her young age has earned more than most of us ever will.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next