Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 170 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: 17e Open GDF-SUEZ, PARIS
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 13:45 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:17
Cornet breaks again, and holds to love. And now leads Daniela 4-1*.
This is going to be a tough loss if Daniela cannot claw the deficit back.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 13:46 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:17
its all over,plays without confidence.
ia counting in a miracle

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 13:49 

Local Time:
Another break for Cornet. Not sure what has happened to Daniela. She has just faded away.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 13:52 

Local Time:
Daniela gets one of the breaks back, but most likely because Cornet served 2 double faults in that game.
If Daniela can hold here and make it *5-3 then maybe she can put pressure on Cornet, who will be attempting to serve the match out for the second time.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 13:55 

Local Time:
50 ue's

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 13:58 

Local Time:
A double fault from Daniela gives Cornet her first match point, which she converts.
Its all over, Cornet wins 1-6 6-4 6-2 in 1-hour 45-minutes.
Cornet just seems to have a game that gradually wears Daniela down and gets her frustrated. That is Daniela's third straight loss to Alize (and third overall), and third time from a set-up. :?
The only positive to take from this is that she did actually win more points: 77 to Cornet's 76. :D
On to Dubai...

Last edited by asj001 on 12. February 2009 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 13:59 

Local Time:
w/ue's
corney 14/23
danka 30/52

painfull loss for danka,should have won in ss(as in many other matches)
i am devastated :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 14:11 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 19:17
:cry: Another hard match to swallow.

Total repeat of Melbourne. She was serving and playing sooo well in that first set, and just couldn't reproduce that excellent form in the second and third. She goes down a double break in that second set, claws her way back to put the games on serve, and then just hands Cornet the set with those annoying unforced errors. Exactly the same as in Melbourne when she was down a double break in the second, claws her way back to get on serve and then hands Cornet the set. :(

I was a bit more optimistic though in the third when she had those break points in the opening game, but as soon as she couldn't convert, I kinda felt the match was over. So sad. This loss also gives Cornet the mental edge. She will know that every time she faces Daniela, all she has to do is remain in the match and get balls back, and Daniela will pull the error.

Anyway, even though her serve abandoned her in the third, it is more potent than it was before and much improved. So that's a positive.

I just wish Daniela can string more than 2 matches in a row now and beat a higher ranked player. She hasn't won 3 matched in a row since Indian Wells, and hasn't beaten a top 20 player since Sydney last year.

When will things change???????????

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 14:30 

Local Time:
:wall:
that's al I can say right now

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 14:47 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 17:17
oh my God!!! :o
why is she always like that...
I thought she can beat Cornet the slut!!

Guys can you please answer that....why?!!!!

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 14:56 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:17
Disappointment. Particulary after the first set.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 15:22 

Local Time:
This is absolutely sickening and the worst I've felt about one of Daniela's losses for a long, long time. Poor Daniela, this must be terrible for her, I just want to put an arm around her, give her a hug and tell her things will be all right. She was playing so well in the first set and her serving was great and Cornet only got a couple of points on Daniela's serve but she ended up losing her last five service games and most of the time she put Cornet's return right into the net. This loss and especially the manner of it hurts a lot.

Daniela had a lot of chances and really should have won, she let Cornet back into the match with a lot of errors at the start of the second and when she got it back to 5-4 on her serve after saving 3 set points, she basically handed the set to Cornet on errors in the next service game. In the first game of the third set, Daniela had three BPs and if she'd won that game she'd have had the momentum and be in control of the match. I feel that Daniela's second BP was the crucial point of the match as she was dominating the rally but Cornet somehow kept getting the ball back and Daniela ended up making an error in a rally I couldn't believe she didn't win. Cornet saved the next BP with a service winner and the chance was gone. It was a decisive game as Cornet grew in confidence at a time she was reeling and she started playing her best tennis of the match and she hit more winners in the third than in the previous two sets while Daniela's confidence just went and she made a lot of errors, especially in her service games which was her strength at the start of the match.

The umpiring and line calling was dismal beyond belief. At 0-3 in the second set she served an ace, the umpire Alves waited a few seconds then called it a fault and said that she waited so that she could see the mark even though it was on the other side of the court. In New Haven when the mark on Daniela's serve showed it was in, the umpire said it was too late to change it. In Paris, the umpire waits to see where the mark is and overrules the line judge and Daniela gets screwed over both times - absolute bullshit. 1-3 would be a lot different to 0-4 Some calls went against Cornet that I felt were wrong, but it seemed that Daniela was on the short end of most of the calls. It's unbelievable that a tournament as big as this doesn't have hawkeye.

This is one of those losses that hurt and leave mental scars. Daniela's a strong woman, she's shown a lot of times in the past that she gets up when she's down but this is a big blow. Hopefully Daniela can get a decent draw in Dubai and get some wins. She did play very well against Makarova and in the first set against Cornet, so she has some form and confidence. It's just about sustaining her level throughout a match.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 16:21 

Local Time:
chungwit gave a good report.i am standing too in first game of third set
the first missed two bp's were painful,still dont believe how lost the points
another comfortable win slipped from dankas hands,and this worries me a lot
on to dubai and we shall see,at least plays top-tennis in some parts

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 16:39 

Local Time:
Disgusting,vile,shameful,shocking,dishonourable,deplorable,reprehensible,heinous. I feel these are some of the most appropriate words to describe that abomination of third set from Daniela. I've said it before and I'll say i again,what has happened to that fighting spirit we're used to seeing from Daniela?

Her coach ought to be shot as well. Why is he not advising Daniela to come in behind her groundstrokes when she's got Alize on the run? Cornet isn't Nadal,and can't muster up that much power on the run. Oh and learning a classical smash might help as well.

I'm sorry but her performance truly irritated me today.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 12. February 2009 17:05 

Local Time:

who is this guy?new coach?what first time i see him

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 170 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next