Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 170 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: 17e Open GDF-SUEZ, PARIS
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 21:07 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:38
That was the game I wanted. Makarova couldn't return any of Daniela's serves. 5-2*

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 21:09 

Local Time:
88% points won on 1st serve, I love it when Daniela plays indoors.

EXCELLENT WIN! 62 62 65pts -40pts

Bring on Cornet is what I say! Let's hope Daniela can get revenge.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 21:12 

Local Time:
Great result. 6:2 6:2 seems really comfortably. Hope this was the start for a good run in Paris.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Site Admin
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 21:14 

Local Time:
88% points won on 1st serve, I love it when Daniela plays indoors.
I tend to think she prefers mid-paced hardcourts though.

Some stats
Winners/unforced errors
Makarova: 14/21
Hantuchova: 17/13 (but she forced many errors off her opponent as well)

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 21:15 

Local Time:
Looks like a good performance today. Congratulations and get yourself ready for a revenge ;) ;)

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 21:16 

Local Time:
Good win. I hope ES shows it tomorrow morning at 09:30.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 21:18 

Local Time:
I am really looking forward to watching this match. All of the stats seem nice. Struggled a bit with first serves in the beginning of the 2nd set, and didn't convert on a high percentage of break chances, but I don't know if she is to blame or if Makarova was playing well on those points.
But great winning percentage on first serves, not too bad on second, and her overall percentage og first serves in is good. Also more winners than UEs.

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 21:33 

Local Time:
Well done Daniela ! She hold on her serve and made things easier.
But the match v Cornet is a completely different story as the French player
is way superior to Makarova, plus the crowd will be on her side.
Anyway, i see it not as a chance for revenge for what happened at AO
but as a chance to make the first big win of the season, which will
prove that Dani has finally found her form and is ready to step on a higher level.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 22:00 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:38
This was a very good and impressive performance from Daniela. She was strong in so many aspects of her game: she served well and her first serves were powerful and accurate and set her up in a strong position for the rally which she generally won, she returned well, her rallying was good most of the time she was bossing the rallies moving Makarova around and either hitting a good winner or forcing an error from Makarova, she volleyed well and won most of her points at the net, she was moving well and even her drop shots were coming off.

She played the important points well generally taking the BPs she had while she came up with good serves and shots whenever Makarova threatened her on serve. Daniela was a bit lucky when Makarova had a BP at 2-0 in the second and a Makarova groundstroke hit the top of the net twice before dropping down on Makarova's side and if the netcord had gone the other way the match could have been different but Daniela held. Apart from that Daniela made her own luck and she kept on top of Makarova the entire match and whenever Makarova threatened a comeback, Daniela snuffed it out. Makarova saved two BPs at 4-1 with good serving to put a bit of pressure on Daniela but Daniela served well to hold at 15 and then broke Makarova to win the match.

It was a strong performance and easily the best Daniela's played for a long time. She was focused, didn't let anything distract her and was in control of what she was doing.

One interesting thing was that Thomas Hogstedt, who used to coach Tommy Haas, was in Daniela's box and seemed to be coaching her. I really couldn't say anything more than that. I didn't see Portas so who knows what the coaching situation is.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2009 23:51 

Local Time:
Really encouraging performance from Daniela,she kept up the level from the Fed Cup display and got an excellent result to show for it. She was remarkably adept at hitting the serve out wide,which won her a load of cheap points. The first set was a bit scratchy,but the second was generally pretty high quality-the game at *2-0 was Daniela at her enchanting best(loved the half-volley/smash combo!)

100% points won at the net-lets keep that standard! Also enjoyed the couple of very effective slice backhands Daniela used tonight.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. February 2009 01:22 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 20:38
sounded like a nice match from Daniela, that is great to hear :)
Cornet though will be a different challenge altogether, she is a very tough player, do you think the players actually approach something like this with revenge in mind, or just another chance to test yourself against a higher ranked opponent
either way it should be a cracking match if their contest at the aus open was anything to go by!

Member since 27.01.2006

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. February 2009 01:50 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:38
Well , i must say that i LOVED to see the game .
It was a Daniela that i haven't seen maybe since the AO in 2008 ! She was confident , hitting winners , making the opponent make a lot of errors (i remember that at some point of the game the forced errors were 13-3) and serving very well .
Even the Eurosport Commentators said that the performance was almost perfect , that she could bring down any player if she keeps playing like that and was the best performance of Dani in a long , long time .
They also mention the fact of the coach of Tommy Haas being there as her coach (the commentator joked saying that we could be her boyfriend) but the truth is that they made a lot of eye-contact .. But they also said that her official coach was still Portas .
Anyway , great performance by Daniela , and bring on Cornet , she shall kick her ass :lol:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. February 2009 01:53 

Local Time:
Daniela, would you say this was a satisfying first round match for you?
DH: Yes, I'm very happy with how I played today, especially since I only arrived last night. I didn't get to practice on center court and I didn't really know what to expect. So, yes, I'm satisfied it went fine today.

How was the transition between Fed Cup in Bratislava and the Open GDF SUEZ here?
DH: I wasn't sure what the rebound was going to be like and what the balls were going to feel like and I found out that everything was much faster here than it was in Bratislava. But I'm glad I could adapt quite fast. As for the transition, at least the Bratislava - Paris flight is a short one!

You've reached the quarter finals twice here. Do you think you can do better this year?
DH: It's really hard to say, it's difficult to answer that kind of question. This tournament is very open, especially these days, with women's tennis reaching a very high level. So I'm aware it will be a tough week here but yes, I hope I can do better than I did in the past at the Open GDF SUEZ.

The Fed Cup playoffs at the end of April will be against France and in France. How do you feel about that?
DH: It's great, I'm really looking forward to it. Last time we played against France, we had great matches and we won, so it's definitely a good memory. Besides, it was in Bratislava. So let's hope for the best this time, too! (smile)

The swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated has been officially presented and you look stunning in it. How was it to be part of that?
DH: I loved doing it, it's a real honor and it's also every girl's dream to be featured in that issue. We got to do the shooting in the Dominican Republic, which happens to be one of the most beautiful places I've been to so it was definitely amazing.

source:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. February 2009 02:40 

Local Time:
I wish I could have watched this match. From everyone's report, it sounds like Daniela is playing well again. I felt this was a tricky match as Makarova had played well against Dementieva and Safina in Australia, so Daniela's 6-2, 6-2 win sounds impressive; and by some reports I've read, it's mostly due to her winners and forceful play as opposed to Makarova's errors.

If anyone was able to record the match, I'm sure many of us would appreciate it being uploaded. ;)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. February 2009 05:39 

Local Time:
Sounds like Daniela had a really positive win. Hopefully this is going to be the tournament that really turns things around -- it looks like she's on the right track.

I didn't get to see any of the match, being in Australia and not having ES but the stats and scoreline really suggested that she dominated.

Onto Cornet now. It seems like Daniela really has the form to take her out, especially considering that Cornet seems to be playing poorly of late. A win over someone like Cornet could give Daniela a great deal on confidence, for obvious reasons that everyone else has already stipulated... let's just hope she can take advantage of the situation.

Anyone planning on uploading the game anywhere? It'd be greatly appreciated :)

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 170 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next