Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
Author Enter your Message here

ITF Champion
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 15:30 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:11
Didn't see the match, but a great effort by Daniela & Ai on reaching the final. :|

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 15:44 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 20:11

Yeah, I would agree that some of his criticisms are constructive, but he rarely credits Daniela's game. I recall in one of the games he basically insinuated that Ai was being broken all the time because Daniela wasn't helping her out. There's just nothing really positive that he says about Daniela, and as a fan, hearing him criticise her most of the time, becomes annoying.

Oh, i remember that. It's kinda difficult for Daniela to poach the net when the Williams sisters are returning Ai's serve so well. He seemed to just point out that Daniela wasn't crossing enough, as opposed to also pointing out that Ai's serve probably wasn't up to scratch.

He also continually pointed out that she was moving back from the net. The whole thing got a bit grating as a fan. I understand what ur saying.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

hellene fan
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 18:22 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:11
that was a good comfort

i still believe portas is doning good job with danka

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 22:46 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:11
i taped the match on tv. i'm still deciding whether or not to watch it because i know she loses. I would say that this really is not a bad loss, i mean these are the WILLIAMS SISTERS! they can literaly play a match losing like 20 points in total! They can build off of this loss. im hopeful!

pertaining to the previous comments about commentators: i've noticed that some of the commentators do not really seem too fond of daniela. its really annoying. they critique her game a lot. The ESPN commentators are alright tho (sometimes).

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. January 2009 23:35 

Local Time:
Daniela, as always, was charming and gracious in her speech and showed what a great person she is.

I agree with u everything.

Daniela :heart2: I love you so much.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2009 00:38 

Local Time:
"I don't have to work too hard out there. Just hit some big serves. Venus hits some big serves. We put the ball away."
Serena reveals the secret to her and Venus' doubles success.

:lol: I honestly don't think she means to sound this arrogant!

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 31. January 2009 01:23 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 12:11
Daniela, as always, was charming and gracious in her speech and showed what a great person she is.

I agree with u everything.

Daniela :heart2: I love you so much.

I'm another avid Daniela lover. It's good to see we have others!

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 31. January 2009 02:56 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 20:11

Yeah, I would agree that some of his criticisms are constructive, but he rarely credits Daniela's game. I recall in one of the games he basically insinuated that Ai was being broken all the time because Daniela wasn't helping her out. There's just nothing really positive that he says about Daniela, and as a fan, hearing him criticise her most of the time, becomes annoying.

Oh, i remember that. It's kinda difficult for Daniela to poach the net when the Williams sisters are returning Ai's serve so well. He seemed to just point out that Daniela wasn't crossing enough, as opposed to also pointing out that Ai's serve probably wasn't up to scratch.

He also continually pointed out that she was moving back from the net. The whole thing got a bit grating as a fan. I understand what ur saying.

yeh Todd's commentary is really poor he was criticising Daniela EVERYTIME Ai was serving, he had nothing good to say about her

haha and on Sandy Roberts, wasnt he an afl and golf commentator last year, i know he has been doing the aus open for a few years but he really is woeful! and Tracy Austin (one wonders why an australian channel even needs help from american commentators) but she is so obvious with who she likes and dislikes its just annoying, yesterday she was full of praise (because she is american as BMC pointed out) but she was even saying plenty of nice stuff about Ai, but nothing about Daniela. I really wonder why she isnt a favourite with commentators..

Member since 27.01.2006

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 31. January 2009 06:35 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 17:11
I just finished watched the doubles match at youtube.

Dani and Ai played their best but was overpowered by the 2 arrogant bull. And why does they keep targeting for Dani during their smash shot even though they is a wide field for smashing? That is really not a good sportsmanship. I hate both of the williamses. :evil:

I also hate the commentator. They kept on criticize Dani but a lot of compliment for the Williamses. I am just like all of you will feel VERY angry and annoying if they keep on criticize our favorite player, Daniela Hantuchova.

During the prize giving ceremony, what a wonderful speech from Dani. Full of sincerity and she look likes she was gonna cry. Also, 'THE OPPONENT'? Serena should had know the name of Dani and Ai unless Serena had an amnesia. She just get on my nerves.

If I can fix Daniela speeches, I will say...

'And thanks to our opponent, I mean Venus and....and.. the another opponent who playing with Venus for displaying a good smashing shot and keep on targeting me.'

Overall a nice match just a bad luck for Hantuyama.

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 31. January 2009 15:56 

Local Time:
Congrats to Daniela and Ai for the great result in doubles.
I really hoped that they can beat the Williams Sisters, in order to see them lose.

Although they lost the final, it is a great start into the season and I hope they keep up playing together for the rest of the year. Playing doubles with Ai is one of the best things Danka can do IMO. Such good results will give her a lot of confidence also for her single matches.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. February 2009 04:32 

Local Time:
'And thanks to our opponent, I mean Venus and....and.. the another opponent who playing with Venus for displaying a good smashing shot and keep on targeting me.'

I apologize for being a Williams hater, but I loved that part.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. February 2009 01:35 

Local Time:
Well overall Daniela won 7 matches and lost 2 if you include both singles and doubles results so that's not too shabby!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 5. February 2009 07:52 

Local Time:
hey, i'm back in Germany from my Australia trip, i want to upload a few photos and videos from danka. where can i post them best?

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. February 2009 10:11 

Local Time:
If it's of Daniela, I'm sure you could post in the board.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45