Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 61  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier II Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Mission Impossible???
PostPosted: 8. June 2008 22:17 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 02:22
Spanish press said yesterday that Hantuchova is on her way to come back and will be healthy enough to play Wimbledon. They wrote that Daniela is one of favourite (If she will recover 100%) with Sharapova, Ivanovic for the title.

Mission Impossible???

If shes 100% and has match practice, its possible for her to reach the later stages, otherwise I dont think so! As for the title? It would need a favourable draw, which she hasn't received in recent years

Scott

cough *australian open 2008 and us open 2007*

Daniela: Dinara: Dominika: Marat: Simone

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. June 2008 22:20 

Local Time:
|4. May 2024| 01:22
Spanish press said yesterday that Hantuchova is on her way to come back and will be healthy enough to play Wimbledon. They wrote that Daniela is one of favourite (If she will recover 100%) with Sharapova, Ivanovic for the title.

Mission Impossible???

If shes 100% and has match practice, its possible for her to reach the later stages, otherwise I dont think so! As for the title? It would need a favourable draw, which she hasn't received in recent years

Scott

I was just talking about Wimbledon, the draws at this years Aussie Open and last years US were good draws, but at Wimbledon that has never been the case

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. June 2008 22:42 

Local Time:

Mission Impossible???

Scott

I was just talking about Wimbledon, the draws at this years Aussie Open and last years US were good draws, but at Wimbledon that has never been the case

Scott

yeah i agree about her draws regarding wimbledon but i was just emphasizing that even with a good draw...daniela is still daniela. You just don't know.

Daniela: Dinara: Dominika: Marat: Simone

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. June 2008 22:54 

Local Time:

Mission Impossible???

Scott

Scott

yeah i agree about her draws regarding wimbledon but i was just emphasizing that even with a good draw...daniela is still daniela. You just don't know.

Very true, in both the instances we've mentioned we have seen both sides of the story. US Open 1st round exit to Vakulenko, Aussie Open up 6-0 2-0 in the Aussie Open Semi Final. Daniela has always said that her favourite surface in grass and a good draw could give her a chance to prove it

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: What Does Daniela Play Next?
PostPosted: 8. June 2008 22:55 

Local Time:
and don't forget that she beat Ivanovic 1 & 3 last year on grass.

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 8. June 2008 22:59 

Local Time:
even if she plays i don't see her getting those results again :(
more then two months without a racquet will not help her, of course i hope she goes far, but first we have to hope she will play... im only sure about that when she start her first match

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. June 2008 19:41 

Local Time:
even if she plays i don't see her getting those results again :(
more then two months without a racquet will not help her, of course i hope she goes far, but first we have to hope she will play... im only sure about that when she start her first match

I'm afraid you are right. Will be tough to get much match experience till Wimbledon.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. June 2008 03:56 

Local Time:
According to tennisforum.com, Daniela has retired from Rosmalen. :(

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 11. June 2008 06:28 

Local Time:
not surprize that pulled out from rosmalen.we will wait to read the news
from her site and then to discuss.i am really unpatient to read it.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. June 2008 11:41 

Local Time:
As long as she is fit to play. If she does play at Wimbledon then its likely thats she's not gonna play aswell as she normally would. Im not gonna expect anything big from her but all im concerned about is if she's fit and playing. I enjoy seeing Daniela play at Wimbledon as its my home slam and shes so close from my home :P She can catch up on points in other tournaments and will be back in top ten in no time :P

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

media master
PostPosted: 11. June 2008 11:46 

Local Time:
dissapointing but not suprised, this injury is worse then we thought, im curious to her comments on her site about the last days , if she already picked up a racquet

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. June 2008 16:56 

Local Time:
My guess is that she's tried traingin and practicing but her foot is still giving her pain.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 11. June 2008 17:16 

Local Time:
i hope your quess is correct
i am refreshing her site each 5 minutes
horrible waiting

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. June 2008 00:23 

Local Time:
If Daniela's withdrawn from Rosmalen, then it's extremely unlikely she'll be able to play at Wimbledon. There was talk about her getting a special shoe to enable her to play, but if that's the case then it indicates that she's still got the injury and will still have it when Wimbledon comes around. To me, it's absolutely not worth the risk of aggravating the injury by playing. Even if Daniela does play, her lack of fitness and practice is really going to limit her chances and that, combined with the risk of further injury, make it too much of a gamble to play Wimbledon as her chances of doing well are fairly low, while the risk of injury, an early exit and missing further tournaments are high. If she's healthy and at no risk of aggravating her heel, then she should play although she'll be rusty, but if she's still injured then she should miss Wimbledon and continue to rest and rehab and hopefully she can be ready for the hardcourt season.

The heptathlete Jessica Ennis announced at the start of this month that she'd be missing the Olympics with a stress fracture of her heel, so this injury is something that keeps athletes out of action for a few months.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 12. June 2008 07:16 

Local Time:
Daniela withdraws from the Ordina Open

« It is very disappointing but after almost two months of being out of competition due to a stress fracture in my foot, I am still not completely recovered and I am sad to announce that I won’t be able to compete at the Ordina Open this year. I really enjoyed playing in s-Hertogenbosch last year and was looking forward to coming back and preparing for Wimbledon. Unfortunately it takes a while to fully recover from such injury and I have to be patient throughout this recovery process. I hope to be ready for competition soon and I wish everyone a great week of tennis and much love to all the fans! »

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 61  Next