Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: TEB BNP Paribas Istanbul Cup, Istanbul
PostPosted: 31. July 2015 20:40 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 08:53
Dani withdraws from Washington due to illness.

Officially annoyed right now. :wall:

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: TEB BNP Paribas Istanbul Cup, Istanbul
PostPosted: 3. August 2015 11:42 

Local Time:
So is she basically playing qualies in Rogers Cup and Cincy and hopefully main draw in New Haven?

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: What Does Daniela Play Next?
PostPosted: 3. August 2015 17:03 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 07:53
Seems like that's going to be the case, eddy. She might get a wildcard for Cincinnati as she's done well there in the past and she's a popular player but I don't expect her to get one for Toronto as she didn't get in two years ago when she was ranked higher. New Haven might give her a wildcard as she's played at that tournament a lot. At the same time, Daniela's more likely to get some wins in qualifying and it would be better that she gets wins and points in qualifying than getting a wildcard and then losing in the first round.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. August 2015 16:13 

Local Time:
Daniela's got a wildcard for Cincinnati.

Fish and Vandeweghe Lead Wild Card Entrants

Two-time Cincinnati finalist Mardy Fish and Wimbledon quarterfinalist CoCo Vandeweghe headline the wild card recipients for the 2015 Western & Southern Open.

Four men – Fish, Rajeev Ram, Bjorn Fratangelo and Jared Donaldson – and three women – Vandeweghe, Ali Riske and Daniela Hantuchova – have been added to their respective fields for the tournament that begins Saturday at the Lindner Family Tennis Centre.

WTA Main Draw Wild Cards

CoCo Vandeweghe – 23 – Born in New York City • Reached Wimbledon quarterfinal earlier this summer • Won first career title in 2014 at ‘s-Hertogenbosch • Grandfather, Ernie, and uncle, Kiki, both played in NBA • Making her second career appearance in Cincinnati.

Ali Riske – 25 – Born in Pittsburgh • Won her first career title last fall in Tianjin, China • Reached semifinals at two WTA events this season as well as quarterfinal last week at Stanford • Making Cincinnati main draw debut.

Daniela Hantuchova – 32 – Born in Poprad, Slovakia • Making eighth Cincinnati appearance, having previously reached semifinal in 2005 and two other quarterfinals • Won seventh career singles title earlier this year at Pattaya City.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. August 2015 16:32 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 02:53
:!: :!: :wav: :bananasrock: :beer:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. August 2015 00:04 

Local Time:
Quanghzou

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. August 2015 17:38 

Local Time:
Daniela's not playing in New Haven so her next tournament will be the US Open. She'd have had to qualify for New Haven unless she got a wildcard and New Haven would have three rounds of qualifying and the qualifying field is quite strong so that could have been a factor in her not playing. Another possibility is that she wants to rest and prepare for the US Open and/or doesn't feel up to playing this week. Daniela's last two matches were thrashings from good but not exceptional players and she looked sluggish in Istanbul plus she missed Washington and Toronto so I'm concerned about her form and fitness. This will be the fewest tournaments she's played between Wimbledon and the US Open.

I'm sure Daniela will be well prepared for the US Open and give her very best effort in New York.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. August 2015 16:17 

Local Time:
Kolkata to host Paes versus Bhupathi in November
PTI | Aug 24, 2015, 05.47 PM IST

KOLKATA: In a rare treat for tennis lovers, Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza will be seen in action again when they take part in an exhibition mixed doubles match at the Netaji Indoor Stadium on November 25.

The 12-time Grand Slam winner Bhupathi will pair up with his former partner and world no. 1 doubles player Sania as the city will host the country's top tennis stars in the 'Tennis Masters 2015'.

Paes, who clinched his 16th Grand Slam at the Wimbledon, will play either with his former Slovak partner Daniela Hantuchova or current Swiss pro Martina Hingis in the one-day event organised by the Jaidip Mukerjea Tennis Academy in association with the state government.

"It'll be a best of three-set match. Hantuchova has already confirmed, and we're also expecting Hingis," former Davis Cup captain Mukerjea told reporters announcing the event.

Indian top two singles duo of Yuki Bhambri and Somdev Devvarman are also expected to be here during the meet as they will leave for the second season of Indian Premier Tennis League from here.

"This will act as a prelude to the IPTL which will begin in Japan from December 2," Mukerjea added.

The event will also carry prize money and based on the success of the first edition, the organisers will decide whether to make it an annual affair.

"We have big plans... Maybe, we'll see Roger Federer for the Masters some day," he added.

The players will also conduct a clinic before the match and West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee also has confirmed to grace the occasion.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. September 2015 15:48 

Local Time:
This is a good question right now. What does Daniela play next? :?:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. September 2015 22:30 

Local Time:
Luxembourg:

Les participantes: 1. Ana Ivanovic (SER/WTA 12); 2. Timea Bacsinszky (SUI/14); 3. Andrea Petkovic (ALL/17); 4. Madison Keys (USA/18); 5. Roberta Vinci (ITA/19); 6. Sara Errani (ITA/21); 7. Jelena Jankovic (SER/25); 8. Sabine Lisicki (ALL/27); 9. Sloane Stephens (USA/32); 10. Madison Brengle (USA/37); 11. Barbora Strycova (CZE/40); 12. Annika Beck (ALL/43); 13. Mona Barthel (ALL/47); 14. Lucie Hradecka (CZE/52); 15. Carina Witthöft (ALL/55); 16. Julia Görges (ALL/57); 17. Alison Van Uytvanck (BEL/58); 18. Heather Watson (GB/59); 19. Johanna Larsson (SUE/62); 20. Tatjana Maria (ALL/67); 21. Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK/73); 22. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK/79); 23. Mirjana Lucic-Baroni (CRO/85); 24. special exempt; 25. wild card; 26. wild card; 27. wild card; 28. wild card; 29. qualifiée; 30. qualifiée; 31. qualifiée; 32. qualifiée.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. November 2015 20:57 

Local Time:
I was sent a tweet from @BritishTennis last week, joyously announcing that Daniela is going to play in the 2015 Aegon Open.
Honest. :o :roll:

We're enduring one of the longest stretches of no on-court Daniela ever. This, of course, is dangerous for someone with a warped mind like mine. If you dare, read on as I relate this creation, not of where Dani will play next, but of how she did in a tourney that has never existed and how a true fan played a part in allowing a fantasy of his, and of all her diehard faithful, to come to pass. (There's more to this tale than will be written here, but there may well be only so much you guys can take.)

Yours truly is a host of a talk show on Sports Radio 66 in New York City in 2011. I also have the gig of play by play announcer of 6 live women's tennis telecasts a year on MSG Plus. In August, after 14 years of the TV gig, Daniela finally appears on one of the telecasts. She, as we remember, was having her best year, and by reaching the quarters of the Citizens Bank Open, a first time event at a new complex in Trenton, New Jersey, I was finally able to meet her in person and interview her. I took the opportunity to introduce Daniela to my wife, and they hit it off immediately. Knocking off Stosur, Jankovic and Svetlana, Dani wins the event.

The next day, Daniela was my in-studio guest on my radio show. After discussing her chances for the US Open, we go to a commercial break. Daniela tells me that despite her high level of play, she wondered about how well she would do at the Open because she had always had trouble with the distractions of the big city (media,paparazzi, creepy autograph seekers). Rather than coming back to the show and grilling her about this possible fragility of her mind, it's the talk show host to the rescue. Living in a high rise in upper Manhattan, I was aware of an apartment available one floor below mine. With my wife's help, we got the high rise owner to agree to let Daniela use the apartment for the time she'd be in New York for the Open.

With the high rise 25 minutes away from the National Tennis Center, and with the building having several exits, the paparazzi et al never tracked Daniela down, relaxing her greatly and allowing her to have a quiet place to rest and hold meetings with her team. My wife and I opened our apartment to Daniela. She ended up visiting with us almost every night, somehow found both of us to be humorous, was able to relax even more, and became friends of each of us. All this helped Dani to keep her level high, and she cruised to the semi-finals.

Daniela faced two-time defending champion Kim Clijsters, who she had never beaten, in the semis. The match began while I was on the air. With Dani trailing 3-6 0-2, my final caller, a fan of Kim's, gloated as only an obnoxious New Yorker can do. I reminded him that matches are best 2 out of 3, signed off, and went into a TV lounge at the station. Daniela roared back and beat Kim to reach the first Grand Slam final of her career. It was a seminal moment for this Daniela fan, and my reaction was to cry for several minutes.

#1 in the world Caroline Wozniacki stunned Serena Williams in the other semi (remember this is a fantasy). Daniela comped tickets for my wife and me for the Saturday night final. Our excitement was palpable, but was quickly knocked down when Caro played the set of her life, taking the set 6-2. Daniela then dropped serve twice and was down 0-3 in the second. Digging deeper than she ever had before, she evened things at 4 as 2/3 of the fans got behind her loudly. The set went to a tiebreaker. Twice Dani faced match points. Twice she escaped, the second time with a drop shot. After winning the tiebreaker on a lyrical backhand down the line, she did the biggest fist pump ever and screamed in Slovakian This match is mine!!

And so it would be. Daniela dominated the final set, 6-3. When Caro went long on match point, Dani fell backwards, overwhelmed at her first major title. As only she would do, during her thank you speech after the match, she praised Caro and saw how she was on the verge of tears. Daniela excused herself, put down the microphone and walked over to Caro and embraced her.

Well past 1:00 AM, Daniela went to my apartment. When I answered the door, she screamed I DID IT, ALEX and leaped into my arms. She did the same to my wife moments later.

That's the story. My fondest hope is that this will not get me evicted from the Forum!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. November 2015 16:45 

Local Time:
Not to be an alarmist, but the IPTL site doesn't mention Daniela on any team. Anyone have inside information?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. November 2015 20:19 

Local Time:
Not to be an alarmist, but the IPTL site doesn't mention Daniela on any team. Anyone have inside information?

I checked the teams earlier in the month and Daniela was still being advertised for the Japan Warriors. Now,as you say,she is nowhere to be seen. Maybe her injuries haven't healed sufficiently? :dunno:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. November 2015 20:58 

Local Time:
Just checked the Japan Warriors own site, and they're featuring Dani. Nothing there indicates she's not with them. Confusing as all get out. I also checked the Sporting Life site, and they posted an article today about this silly league with what they called up to date rosters, and Daniela is listed on the Japan roster. :?: :?: :?:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. December 2015 18:16 

Local Time:
The IPTL website has Mirjana Lucic-Baroni listed instead of Daniela. The Japan Warriors site still has Daniela listed but they might not have updated it. Philipp Kohlschreiber's now listed on the Japan team on the IPTL website instead of Vasek Pospisil who was also on the initial roster.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next