Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 61  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: What Does Daniela Play Next?
PostPosted: 9. September 2009 00:42 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 14:38

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. September 2009 01:12 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 08:38
Daniela is as good or better than anyone in the field in Seoul. It's really the first tournament this year where you can say she has a realistic chance of winning it from the get go (Warsaw really only looked promising once she reached the SFs). Of course, Stosur and Cirstea have roughly the same shot as Daniela and there are other capable players. But we can certainly hope and maybe even expect a deep run.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. September 2009 09:02 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 15:38
According to Tennisforum.com, Danka will play Luxembourg. A good decision IMO, she always played good at this Tournament. Not sure yet about Linz, but it might be her chance to get a title and qualify for Bali (if she won't in Seoul).

Off topic: It's a shame that the WTA destroyed the European Indoor Season. It was always my favourite part of the season and now it's reduced to Mickey Mouse Linz, Mickey Mouse Luxembourg and Moscow with 3 Top 10 players -.-. I wish they would make an indoor streak before Indian Wells and move Dubai and Pattaya in Fall so there's a complete Asian Tournament swing too.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 21. September 2009 18:16 

Local Time:
Off topic: It's a shame that the WTA destroyed the European Indoor Season. It was always my favourite part of the season and now it's reduced to Mickey Mouse Linz, Mickey Mouse Luxembourg and Moscow with 3 Top 10 players -.-. I wish they would make an indoor streak before Indian Wells and move Dubai and Pattaya in Fall so there's a complete Asian Tournament swing too.

I agree completely with you. The indoor season was also my favourite part of the year. Great tournaments with great entry lists. And also Daniela always had good results during that time of the season. It is really a shame what it looks like now. :evil:

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. September 2009 19:30 

Local Time:
Luxembourg is an Octagon tournament and Daniela's an Octagon client.

Totally agree about the way the indoor seasons been gutted.
For me, I'd move the Paris indoor tournament from February to the end of the year and have it played at Bercy the week before the ATP Masters there. I'd have the Australian tournaments then Doha and Dubai in February before Indian Wells and Miami; the clay, grass and hardcourt seasons are fine, the Asian swing is fine and it's important to promote tennis in Asia but I'd have a bigger European indoor season in the autumn. This year there's only one tournament in Germany and there used to be about five and Germany's the richest and most populated country in the EU, there aren't any tournaments in Belgium which has produced two of the best players of recent years in Henin and Clijsters and with Zurich going, Switzerland, the homeland of probably the greatest player ever, doesn't have a WTA tournament. The ATP have kept a pretty substantial indoor season, but the WTA haven't. I understand that players are fatigued at the end of the year but a four or five week swing with some big tournaments would be great as many players are still trying to get into the tour championship, fighting for the number one ranking or trying to get a seeding for the Australian Open, so there's still a lot to play for.
The Tour Championship in Madrid had a great atmosphere but it was dead in Doha, it was like an exhibition event. For me, I think the YEC should be in Madison Square Garden like it was in the 80s and 90s or in Europe, where there'd be a passionate and involved crowd. Having said that, the ATP YEC in Shanghai was great, but the WTA Championship in Doha was a bit flat.
Let's face it, most of the players are European, so you'd think it would make sense to have a few tournaments in Europe.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. September 2009 17:10 

Local Time:

Linz officially annouced the top players to play the tournament. And also Daniela will take part there, according to them.

Die Tennis-Beautys verwandeln den Linzer Centre Court in einen Laufsteg

Linz, 22.September 2009 - Der Centre Court wird beim Generali Ladies Linz vom 10. bis 18. Oktober 2009 in der Intersport Arena wieder zum Laufsteg der Tennis-Beautys. Die vorläufige Nennliste führt die temperamentvolle Italienerin Flavia Pennetta an, die zuletzt bei den US Open in New York bis in das Viertelfinale vorgestoßen ist und damit ihren Platz in den Top Ten der Weltrangliste erfolgreich verteidigt hat. Die 27-Jährige hat in ihrer Karriere bisher acht Turniere auf der Sony Ericsson WTA-Tour gewonnen. In diesem Jahr holte sie sich die Titel bei ihrem Heimturnier in Palermo und in Los Angeles.

Die Tennis-Models aus der Slowakei werden gleich im „Doppelpack“ nach Linz kommen. Die Rede ist von Dominika Cibulkova und Daniela Hantuchova. Die 20-jährige Cibulkova, in Österreich auch durch ihre kurze Liaison mit Jürgen Melzer bekannt, hat ihre routinierte Landsfrau in der Weltrangliste überflügelt. Während Cibulkovas erster WTA-Turniersieg wohl nur noch eine Frage der Zeit ist, hat Hantuchova bereits dreimal einen Siegerpokal in Händen gehalten. Einen dieser Triumphe feierte die 26-Jährige 2007 in Linz.

Die junge Polin Agnieszka Radwanska hat im Vorjahr mit dem Einzug in das Semifinale in Linz ihr großes Können unter Beweis gestellt. Damals musste sie sich in der Vorschlussrunde in einer sehenswerten Partie der späteren Siegerin Ana Ivanovic in drei Sätzen geschlagen geben. Die 20-Jährige aus Krakau hat sich bereits viermal in die Siegerliste auf der WTA-Tour eingetragen und nimmt in diesem Jahr ihre talentierte Schwester Urszula, die vor dem Sprung unter die Top 50 der Weltrangliste steht, nach Oberösterreich mit.

Der Weg zu einem möglichen Heimsieg ist für Sybille Bammer, die derzeit als einzige Österreicherin fix im Hauptbewerb steht, bei dieser starken Konkurrenz steinig und hart. „Die Weltranglisten-Zehnte Flavia Pennetta, die aufstrebende Agnieszka Radwanska sowie Dominika Cibulkova und Daniela Hantuchova zählen ebenso zum Favoritenkreis wie die deutsche Gastein-Siegerin Andrea Petkovic. Bei der großen Dichte des Feldes dürfen wir uns auf eine Vielzahl an hochklassigen und spannenden Matches freuen“, meint Turnierdirektorin Sandra Reichel. Mit Alize Cornet (FRA), Gisela Dulko (ARG) und Sorana Cirstea (ROU) haben drei weitere Spielerinnen Siegchancen, die die Blicke in Linz ebenfalls auf sich ziehen werden.

Sorry, but didn't find an English version.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
 Post subject: What Does Daniela Play Next?
PostPosted: 24. September 2009 18:55 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 16:38
Injured Serena pulls out of Pan Pacific Open

TOKYO, Sept 24 - World number two Serena Williams has pulled out of next week's Pan Pacific Open with knee and toe injuries, organisers said on Thursday. The Australian Open and Wimbledon champion has not played a singles match since her rant at a lineswoman in her semi-final loss to Belgian Kim Clijsters at the U.S. Open earlier this month. The rest of the women's world top 10, including Serena's older sister Venus, is among the field at the $2 million event. World number one Dinara Safina, who was not on the initial entry list, has opted to compete in Tokyo in a bid to retain the Pan Pacific crown she won last year.

Source: Reuters

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. October 2009 14:57 

Local Time:
If I understood well she could play in Bali? It's surprising. She didn't win any tournaments this year and wasn't really close to :$
I really like Daniela but she doesn't deserve this honnor. She made the choice of playing big tournaments to earn more money and more points without winning a lot of matches so... :D

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 25. October 2009 17:13 

Local Time:
I really like Daniela but she doesn't deserve this honnor. She made the choice of playing big tournaments to earn more money and more points without winning a lot of matches so... :D
the system is not the best imo.

It's based on tournament winners, not on the rankings.
But why
- is Daniela offered a Wildcard, though she hasn't won a tournament for two years?
- is Rybarikova not qualified although she won Birmingham?
- is Lisicki not qualified? she hasn't won an international event, but a PREMIER tournament instead (Charleston).

Wildcards should only be offered if there are not enough different tournament winners, which is definately NOT the case here.

Of course I'm glad that Daniela can participate, but it's a bit unfair.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 25. October 2009 20:18 

Local Time:
^Magda is qualified as the 10th player now as Zvonareva won't go. Zvonareva qualified, but also as alternate to Doha, and therefore she can choose to skip Bali, and she has chosen to do so. But Dushevina, Petkovic, Bammer, Bacsinzsky, Kvitova, Date Krumm all won an international title and aren't going. True, Daniela has more points than all of them, but failed to win a title, even failed to get to a final. Lisicki won a Premier and lost an international final , who deserves it more. Of course I will be glad if Daniela goes to Bali and gets more points, but I just don't think she is the right choice for one of the two wildcards.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. October 2009 01:11 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. October 2009 14:18 

Local Time:
I think Lisicki should definitely get the other wildcard but maybe she didn't ask?
Daniela asked for a wildcard, and sometimes in life if you don't ask you don't get!

Daniela is ranked no.24 in the world which is pretty high compared to some of the other players that will be there.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 26. October 2009 14:44 

Local Time:
^^ Daniela was offered a WC, she didn't ask for it.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. October 2009 01:24 

Local Time:
Hantuchova refuses wild card, is ucestovaná

BRATISLAVA - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova after careful consideration of all circumstances, ultimately does not use the free card to participate in events CommonwealthBank Tournament of Champions to be held on the Indonesian island of Bali.

"It is true that the tournament director has offered me the card and it was only for me, as I choose. Been very proud and appreciate the invitation just for this event in beautiful surroundings, which I have wonderful memories - because I had played well in the finals, but decided I reject the card, given that my tennis year was very long and I ucestovaná. Rather, I will prefer leisure. I need to properly recover and then are gradually begin preparing for next season, "said D. Hantuchova.

@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. October 2009 02:22 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 08:38
Hantuchova refuses wild card, is ucestovaná

BRATISLAVA - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova after careful consideration of all circumstances, ultimately does not use the free card to participate in events CommonwealthBank Tournament of Champions to be held on the Indonesian island of Bali.

"It is true that the tournament director has offered me the card and it was only for me, as I choose. Been very proud and appreciate the invitation just for this event in beautiful surroundings, which I have wonderful memories - because I had played well in the finals, but decided I reject the card, given that my tennis year was very long and I ucestovaná. Rather, I will prefer leisure. I need to properly recover and then are gradually begin preparing for next season, "said D. Hantuchova.

@ google translate

Chungwit, thanks.

So the season's really over. :( That's very disappointing as I think everyone saw this as an opportunity to gain a lot points (150 w/ just 2 victories). I really hope that she's not concealing a fairly serious injury here, since it's not like here to skip enticing tournament opportunities.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 61  Next