Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 61  Next
Author Enter your Message here

hellene fan
 Post subject: Re: What Does Daniela Play Next?
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 14:03 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:45
Daniela : « I hope to play at Roland-Garros »

« Coming off of Miami and then a match in Amelia Island, all my doctors were shocked that I was able to play through at both events. As you all know, with much disappointment I had to pull from Fed Cup and three Tour events. It has been a very frustrating time to tell you the truth. So here we are… the foot is continuing to be problematic. It was a very bad injury. I had an MRI early last week which confirmed the foot needed more time to heal. Right now I am trying to stay hopeful for Paris. I miss the game so much and Roland Garros is wonderful. And what's not to love about Paris !

If I am able to play, I realize that I will not be prepared as I would like typically moving into a Grand Slam. All I can do is play my best, considering the circumstances, and expect to have a positive experience regardless of the outcome. »

i am confused

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 14:16 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:45
  Profile WWW

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 14:23 

Local Time:
Daniela : « I hope to play at Roland-Garros »

« Coming off of Miami and then a match in Amelia Island, all my doctors were shocked that I was able to play through at both events. As you all know, with much disappointment I had to pull from Fed Cup and three Tour events. It has been a very frustrating time to tell you the truth. So here we are… the foot is continuing to be problematic. It was a very bad injury. I had an MRI early last week which confirmed the foot needed more time to heal. Right now I am trying to stay hopeful for Paris. I miss the game so much and Roland Garros is wonderful. And what's not to love about Paris !

If I am able to play, I realize that I will not be prepared as I would like typically moving into a Grand Slam. All I can do is play my best, considering the circumstances, and expect to have a positive experience regardless of the outcome. »

i am confused

i would interpret it like Daniela really hopes to play in Paris, but knows that it's very unlikely, because she still has problems with her foot. In case she could play it will be a very special situation for her, because she - as everyone can imagine - won't be able to show her best tennis.
But she probably just wants to participate in RG for fun or for her mental wellness. She just wants to play again!
Though I wonder if it's good to take this risk because of fun...

hellene fan
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 14:45 

Local Time:
scott i cant understand if is ok or not and why wants to take risk
i understand correct or wrong :dunno:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 15:23 

Local Time:
i think she should definitely play. im not being selfish, but by the looks of it her foot was already really bad in miami and she slogged it out for 3 hours against suigiyama and could have even won the match. the end of the day she's rested it for 4 weeksv now so it won't be as bad as miami and amelia, she should play her 1st round match and see how it is and take it from there. there would be no pressure on daniela so she could just swing away and see what happens. PLEASE PLAY DANKA!

Site Admin
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 16:02 

Local Time:
I think she shouldn't play. It is just one!! grand slam she'll miss and it is the one on clay, and I am pretty sure if all of us were to pick one and just one Grand slam for Daniela to miss, Roland Garros would be our choice. She might be able to play and be fine, and be fine in the future, but there is also the risk of damaging the foot even more. Personally I don't think it is a risk worth taking. I would like to see her rest that foot and then come back for the grass season. Also think about the Olympics. Daniela always says she started playing tennis because of the Olympics. If she plays Roland Garros she risks injuring the foot even more and it might hinder her for the Olympics. I would hate to see her miss the Olympics.

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 16:56 

Local Time:
very well said christina.
seems the healing is going very well and started to think to play.
its better idea to start practice in stronger rythms step by step
and missing rolland.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 18:37 

Local Time:
This is ridiculous, some people are just too mulish and incorrigible. The same crap like at the end of the last season.
She is aware that she isn't prepared, therefore I must ask myself what is the point in playing in Paris and on red clay, which is the toughest surface for the body. The only thing she could manage is aggravation of the injury, which would not only mean missing more important tournaments in the near future, but also putting the rest of her career in danger. According to what I read I don't believe this injury is likely to heal completely but if there is anything to take from what her doctor said, she definitely shouldn't play yet. If she will play then I don't want to see her in the news crying that she is forced to call it quit several months later after Henin.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 18:57 

Local Time:
Somehow i knew it would come to this. Since the virus i had a gut feeling that some sort of chaos theory would take place. First the virus and now the ankle. I can't help feeling that this could finish her career if she is not carful. She is walking on a thin line. Martin your comment really made wonder about this. I really hope she dosn't paly RG for the sake of her career. Make the right choice Daniela, PLEASE!!!

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 23:55 

Local Time:
If Daniela plays when her foot hasn't fully healed and against medical advice, then, to me, she's crazy. She knows that she needs more time to heal and that she's not prepared or ready, yet she wants to play. I hope that someone close to her makes an intervention. Playing at Roland Garros is not worth risking her career for, and that's what she seems to want to do. Daniela can surely wait two or three more weeks to comeback and be healthy and ready and able to play.

This tournament is absolutely not worth her health or career and while I can understand and sympathise that she's unable to do what she loves and has a passion for, it's more than worth missing tennis for a few more weeks if it means she can play for five more years. It may be frustrating for Daniela right now, but it will surely haunt her for the rest of her life if she plays and aggravates the injury and she can't play again.

I can only hope that Daniela heeds the advice of her doctors and takes more time to rest and that her talk of wanting to play at Roland Garros is just talk.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2008 01:30 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:45
I understand daniela. She must be frustrated because of her situation, and that can lead to bad judgement. However Im sure her mom and specially her coach wont let her play if she isnt ready. I know shes a grown woman, but you know what I mean... Danka, rest, and come back when you are able to...

Golden Slam
 Post subject: French Open
PostPosted: 22. May 2008 21:47 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:45
From Dankas official website:

Daniela withdraws from the French Open

« A near heartbreaking day for me... After final consult with my team, I am sad to announce that I will be missing my first Roland Garros as a professional athlete. Every player’s dream is to compete in the Grand Slams and I so much wanted to make Paris happen. But I know I have to be patient as recovery from this type of injury takes time. Hopefully I will be strong and healthy to practice and play in full speed soon. I wish everyone all the best, lots of good tennis, and much love to all the fans! »

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2008 22:35 

Local Time:
I know it's a very difficult time for Daniela but she's made the right decision. She'll get other chances at Roland Garros and by taking the time to fully heal, she should be able to come back and be competitive.

I'm hopeful that Daniela can play at Wimbledon, but what I hope for most is that she comes back, she's completely recovered and healthy. That's the important thing.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2008 22:38 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:45
I'm sure she's making the right decision. I could see her mistakenly coming back too early but in no way could I see her coming back too late. Still, it's sad given how hard we know she works and how much we all enjoy watching her, especially at Grand Slams. With these two weeks about to go by, it would be seven full weeks of recovery. Hopefully, she will return in time for Birmingham or at least Rosmalen the week after.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2008 23:24 

Local Time:
We all knew it was coming, but its still hard to read. I just glad that Daniela isnt pushing herself to make a return and is taking all the time she needs to be 100% on her return

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 61  Next