Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 156  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Latest News from dhantuchova.com
PostPosted: 30. August 2009 01:33 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 08:57
As long as Daniela's coached by Passos, I'd imagine he'd have the final say. He'd be the coach in the stands and he'd come on court. Daniela's done well since she starting working with Passos in April but it seems Cahill is someone that she wants to make use of, although we don't know to what extent. Maybe Daniela wants to get a different perspective or specific advice, maybe she wants to see what Cahill's like. Daniela says that "One of the aspects of the adidas approach that is so attractive moving into the next stage of my career is the adidas Player Development Program. Knowing that I can seek guidance from the best in the world as part of the adidas team makes for an invaluable partnership.” It seems like Daniela likes having an additional resource to call upon when necessary or just to know that she can.
It is Daniela's choice and I'm sure that she's intelligent and experienced enough to make the decisions she feels are right for her career and to handle her professional relationships correctly.

I can't think offhand of an example where there's been serious friction between a player and a coach caused by the player using the adidas coaches. I don't think that Cahill wouldn't undermine Passos and I'm sure that Daniela would have consulted Passos about this. Anyway, Cahill was commentating for ESPN in New Haven so Passos will have been doing the preparation for the US Open. As long as Daniela and Passos have a good relationship and discuss matters, then there shouldn't be any problems.

Andy Murray brings in Corretja to act as a coach/consultant when needed but Maclagan is still Murray's main coach.

More news from the official site is that Gladiator is Daniela's favourite movie.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2009 12:41 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 09:57
It is Daniela's choice and I'm sure that she's intelligent and experienced enough to make the decisions she feels are right for her career and to handle her professional relationships correctly.The start of this year suggests differently. What a mess that all was.I can't think offhand of an example where there's been serious friction between a player and a coach caused by the player using the adidas coaches.I would love to know what's going on with Ivanovic. How did she turn into such a hot mess?

Anyway it's all food for thought,and I hope I'm just being unduly pessimistic(I usually am!). Adidas have certainly turned Verdasco's career completely around-I see he won his first HC title yesterday.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2009 00:38 

Local Time:
Ivanovic worked with Sven Groeneveld, one of the adidas coaches, as her coach for about as long as she'd been with adidas but she hit the skids after Roland Garros 08 and she changed coaches to Craig Kardon at the start of this year but she went back to Groeneveld. Her struggles weren't due to problems or friction between her own personal coach and the adidas coaches as her personal coach was an adidas coach, but she had the freedom to opt out of the adidas system and then opt back in. She had success with Groeneveld and she's gone back to him. I personally think her problems are karma.

Hogstedt was a pretty decent choice as a coach as he'd had success with Kiefer and Haas and Daniela gave him a trial but it didn't work to Daniela's satisfaction so she hired Passos and her results and rankings have improved under him.

Sam Querrey attributes a lot of his success to the adidas player development, especially the fitness work he's done with Gil Reyes.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2009 11:07 

Local Time:
Groeneveld was Ivanovic's coach when her game fell into pieces,and I've seen no real evidence of improvement since she went back to him. Pat Cash,who coached Rusedski after he split from Groeneveld,was pretty scathing in his assessment of Sven as a coach,noting in particular that he was teaching Greg the wrong serving technique. Given that it is the serve more than anything that has gone with Ana's game,this does not fill me with confidence.

Hogstedt did what he could,and I notice that Tommy Haas has made his way back into the top twenty since reuniting with him,winning Halle and making the Wimbledon SF(and he is one of the biggest headcases in the ATP). His coaching wasn't the problem,Daniela's attitude was the problem. I'm surprised he didn't quit after that disgraceful match with Cornet in Paris. Even the Eurosport commentaters were utterly disgusted with Daniela,and they are usually so supportive.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2009 18:39 

Local Time:
There's no indication that Daniela will be using Groeneveld, so right now it isn't an issue.

Hogstedt's a good coach but it didn't work out between him and Daniela and Daniela's ranking and results have improved since she started working with Passos. Sometimes player-coach relationships work, sometimes they don't.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2009 19:58 

Local Time:
And sometimes a players attitude is downright lousy.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. February 2010 23:38 

Local Time:
Finally, they update anything. :o :o :wav:

DANI's latest diary :
Me back home playing Fedcup
2010-02-10

I had a great week back at home before playing the fed cup tie against China over the weekend, we have had a lot of fun and i was very happy to play once again infront of my home crowd which gave me so much support and i was really glad to finish my match in two fast straight sets. The atmosphere was great in the team and we were happy to beat such a strong country as China is.

That was a wonderful experience once again to be playing infront of my entire family and friends :-)

..I'll speak to you all from dubai in couple of days!

love Dani

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2010 19:07 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 02:57
And there's more:

Hi everyone, and welcome to my newly created website! I hope you will all enjoy it and that it will make it easier to follow wherever I am or whatever I'm doing. I promise to do my best to keep you updated as much as I can, even if my schedule sometimes doesn't allow me to do it the way I wish... but I will really try, that I can promise you - just like I try on court!

I want to wish you all a happy 2010 full of love, peace and happiness. Also I would like to thank you all for your fantastic support, not only this year but in every year I've played. I can't believe it has already been 10 years - time really flies...

I know sometimes it hasn't been easy to follow me and watch some of my never-ending, nerve-wracking matches, but I hope the good wins balance those out at the end! Once again thank you all, and enjoy the new site!

Love Dani :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. February 2010 20:58 

Local Time:
This just doesn't sound like daniela. Why would she criticise herself for her intense matches?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2010 00:26 

Local Time:
Although I'd like to think that was posted by Daniela, I, like you eddy, have my doubts. Well, if it is or isn't her, at least something's happening on her website.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. February 2010 01:12 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 02:57
Latest diary:

Hi everyone :) Sorry I didn't write last night, I was back very late from the courts again, it was a long evening... Anyway today I was practicing again as there is a lot of work to do after my match from yesterdayy (I lost to Pavlyuchenkova). We are going to stay here a few more days because the weather is perfect for practicing.

We went shopping today at the Emirates Mall, which is sooo huge and has all of the best fashion labels under one roof. All the top class shops are together, so it makes it very comfortable and easy to choose from Louis Vuitton, Armani, Dolce and Gabbana, Versace, Jimmy Choo... It's also close to the tallest building in the world, which was quite impressive to see!

I hope this makes up for yesterday a bit :( I hope you are all doing well and I will write again this week, I promise!!

Dani

I find it cute she misspelled yesterday, but got Pavlyuchenkova correct.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. February 2010 09:22 

Local Time:
It's great, she's writing news almost everyday on the site :P :roll:

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. March 2010 19:47 

Local Time:
Ask Dani

Hi everyone! I'm going to write a blog from Miami soon but I just wanted to let you know I will be answering your questions on Ask Dani every week, so send some in... I love hearing from all of you and appreciate all of your support.

Have a nice day!

Dani

Go to Ask Dani and send in your questions!

Question by Fred (San Francisco)
What keeps you motivated?
Dani's answer
My goals.

Question by Katie
What is your favorite tournament in Australia? I make sure to see you play every year in Sydney!
Dani's answer
They are all so great. It's my favorite part of the year being Down Under and it's really hard to pick one as I love them all! Sydney is fantastic for surfing and beaches, Melbourne reminds me of Europe, but Brisbane and Perth are great as well. Most importantly, the people are fantastic everywhere in Australia so it's really hard to pick one. I totally love them all and I love the 'laid back, nothing is a problem' attitude!

Question by Mehmet
Are you playing in Istanbul this year? Have you been to Turkey?
Dani's answer
I haven't been to Turkey yet but I would love to go, for sure!

Question by Tomo
Do you have a fashion idol?
Dani's answer
Definitely Roberto Cavalli for the evening dresses, Giorgio Armani for his class and Louis Vuitton for bags and accessories.

Question by Robert (Slovakia)
What is your favorite TV sitcom? I recommend How I Met Your Mother. It's very funny!
Dani's answer
Definitely Friends! I have seen all the episodes (and not just once, of course!) and it would be great to see them doing some reunion stuff again, they were the best.

Question by Alex Lee
Hey Daniela! How's the partnership with adidas going?
Dani's answer
It's going great. I'm very happy to be representing such a great company with so much class yet very performance-focused. Also I'm proud to be part of the SLVR line (check it out at ). It's a very cool line: classy yet laid back, and you can wear the clothes every day. The shoot I did in Barcelona had a very nice urban look and a different edge to it, and they are all great quality products, which makes it even more enjoyable to dress in :-)

Question by Luis Pogi
Do you still dream of winning a Grand Slam?
Dani's answer
Definitely, otherwise I wouldn't be playing! I don't mind which one... I think Wimbledon would be the most special one.

Question by Francisco
A qué edad empezaste a jugar al tenis?
Dani's answer
I started when I was six. My grandmother introduced me - she played in Slovakia... and she was my first coach too.

Question by Matthew
Hi Dani you are a champion girl! What is your favorite court surface?
Dani's answer
Grass - I love Wimbledon. I also like all the other surfaces too, I don't really mind.
Question by Daniel Ash

Hi Daniela, what is your favourite tournament to play?
Dani's answer
This is a good question for right now! Here it is, Indian Wells. Wimbledon too... Wimbledon because of the whole atmosphere, the whole history... I think every player dreams of being here their whole life. Just to be a part of it is an honor and a privilege. There's so much respect.

Question by Colby
What is your middle name?
Dani's answer
Thanks for asking, but I don't have one!

Question by Sitara
What are your favorite movies?
Dani's answer
Gladiator and Love Actually... and also Avatar.

Question by Derek
I've heard you speak some German... when did you learn it?
Dani's answer
I learned German at school when I was six years old. We had a great teacher. I also have a lot of German-speaking friends and Bratislava is on the border with Austria, so it's very useful.

Question by Masako
Are you planning to come to Tokyo to play the Toray Pan Pacific Open this year?
Dani's answer
I definitely hope to go back! I have great memories from last year. It was very emotional because I was playing my last tournament with Sugi... I hope I see her again this year.

Question by Jim (Scotland)
Will you watch Slovakia at this year's soccer world cup?
Dani's answer
FOR SUUURE! Definitely. It's so exciting for us, the first time our team has qualified I believe... We have a pretty tough group though, I know we play Italy, so it will be interesting. It will be during Wimbledon so I'll make sure to wear a Slovakia dress :) I really enjoy international competition. Our hockey team at the Olympics did so well, it was so exciting to watch them. It's our biggest sport, our biggest hope. Every single person in our country was watching!

Question by Ben
Who has been your biggest role model in tennis and why?
Dani's answer
I have always admired the greatest champions in tennis but I didn't have one particular role model because they have all been great in different ways. Of course, the best of them all is Roger.

Question by Andrés R.
Hola Daniela! What's your favourite band nowadays? Greetings from México.
Dani's answer
Thanks for the question! Beyoncé, U2, Michael Bublé... I know, they're all so different, but that's the way I like it. The last concert I went to was Eric Clapton in Hyde Park, it was during Wimbledon two years ago. It was very nice. I try to play some of Eric Clapton's songs on piano sometimes...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. April 2010 18:20 

Local Time:
Ask Dani.

Question by Abby
What is your favorite food to eat?
Dani's answer
Whatever my mom cooks :) When I travel I love Italian - pizza, pasta... I also like sushi. And crepes with Nutella!

Question by Diana
Your match against Venus just finished. I just want to tell you that you played really well despite the loss! I'm so proud to be supporting you :)
Dani's answer
That's very nice, thank you Diana! And thank you so much to everyone for all of your support. I can't bleieve how much you were all cheering for me!

Question by Piotrek (Poland)
Who is your favorite character in Friends?
Dani's answer
It's tough to choose. I think I would have to go with Joey. Joey or Chandler. They are all awesome though!

Question by Michael (Australia)
How is your back injury? I hope it is getting better?
Dani's answer
I'm getting treated every day. It's still not at its best, but hopefully now with some recovery and treatment it'll improve. My doctor is working on it - fingers crossed!

Question by Masako (Japan)
Do you like Japanese food?
Dani's answer
Yes I love it. I really like sushi - salmon is my favorite kind.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. April 2010 19:06 

Local Time:
I submitted 3 questions and she didnt answer then wha!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 156  Next