Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 156  Next
Author Enter your Message here

blue webmaster
 Post subject: Re: Latest News from dhantuchova.com
PostPosted: 24. April 2010 15:46 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 21:25
I just noticed:
At only the scores of the matches which she won are shown. lossed are just "L"

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. April 2010 17:39 

Local Time:
Hello From Belgrade!

2010-04-24
Hey guys, first of all I'd like to thank you all for your wonderful birthday wishes. It means the world to me and I appreciate every one of them! It has been quite the week trying to get back to Europe from Charleston, with all of the flight delays... but thanks to the travel agent (who is the best one in the world!) we managed to come on time for me to be ready to represent my country over the weekend in Fed Cup.

It is always very special to play for my country. Even though I'm very tired, as I only had a little time to recover (and not even mentioning the jet lag), I will give it all my best in the next two days. I only arrived in Belgrade yesterday and had very little time to adjust to everything so it'll be challenging, but our team is doing their best to get me ready :)

Charleston was a great week for me. It gave me a lot of confidence and I'm really looking forward to the matches here.

Have a nice day and I'll talk to you again very soon!!

Dani

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2010 18:04 

Local Time:
Hi Again From Belgrade!

2010-04-25
Hi everyone,

I'm writing again from Belgrade! We won our tie with Serbia tonight so we will be in the Fed Cup World Group next year!

I'm extremely happy to be able to bring Slovakia back to the World Group. It was an exhausting weekend with all of the travel delays, jet lag and having very little time to get ready, but I'm very proud of the way I fought through it and gave it all I had on the court. My team made such a great effort to get me ready to play in such a short time because we arrived so late from the US. I also want to thank my doctor, Jean Pierre Meersseman, who helped me stay fit for a long weekend.

Now I can finally relax and enjoy the win with my team!!

I have to say I felt very welcome here in Serbia. We had a really nice time and the atmosphere was great in the arena. Going away with the win made it even more enjoyable, and it was the best birthday present to finish like this.

I will get back to you all from my favorite place in the world - yes, Rome is next for me! Goodnight and thanks again for all of your support over the weekend, and all of those wonderful birthday wishes!!

Oh and please join my Facebook and Twitter pages!

With love,

Dani

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. May 2010 23:45 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 15:25
First update in a while:

Question by lana
Hi daniela! I am your biggest fan and i also play tennis.
Fitness coach's response
Iana, Thank you so much for your support. Keep it up because tennis is a great sport you an always play! Daniela

Question by Tom
Do you ever have days when you just take a day off and don't do any fitness training at all?
Fitness coach's response
Tom, Thank you for your question. It is very important to have a recovery day. I do take about one day off a week for recovery. On that day, I will make sure I take a nice long walk to keep the blood flow in my body.

Question by DeShawn
What goes through your mind when you face a break-point on your serve?
Fitness coach's response
DeShawn, When I face I break point, the first thing I do is breathe in and relax my mind. Therefore, I can focus on what I need to do to play the next point.

Question by Armin
Hi Dani, how are you relaxing and recover after a long match or tournement?
Fitness coach's response
Armin, Thank you for your question. To relax after a long tournament or a match, the first thing I do is make sure I feed my body with clean healthy food to recover. Then to relax, I will make sure I take care of my body with a massage and a stretch.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. May 2010 19:26 

Local Time:
Fitness Corner

Question by Ivan Prima Agtiyana
How do you prevent getting injured during hard training ?
Fitness coach's response
Ivan, To prevent getting injured, I make sure I do pre-hab exercises. Pre-hab exercises are used strengthen important muscle groups before any injury occurs.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. May 2010 00:03 

Local Time:
Hello From Monte Carlo!

2010-05-17

Hi everybody. I'm preparing in Monte Carlo for the upcoming French Open, which I'm very excited
about, as the Grand Slams are always the highlights of the year for me.

On Sunday we took a little break between practices so we went to see Formula One racing. Thanks to our friend Alex, we had amazing seats that were almost right on the track. We were at the beautiful hotel "The Paris" and it was a great experience to experience the live atmosphere. It was not only great to attend such a glamorous event but also to be able to see how fast those guys really drive through the city - normally we drive 50kph there, and they're going 280kph :-)

I will write to you soon from Paris...

Until then, with love, Dani :-)

P.S. In the picture below there's my mother (top right) and my brother's girlfriend Lucia (bottom right).

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 15:37 

Local Time:
Wimbledon Blog...

2010-06-22
Hi everybody! I'm very excited to start my Wimbledon tournament today. It's the most wonderful part of the year and being able to play on grass makes it really fun.

The weather has been great to us so we have had some good practice days since Eastbourne and now I'm ready to go.

Of course, I'm also following soccer and watching every match from our team! We were a bit unlucky in the first one to draw against New Zealand, since we got the goal from them in the last minute... but that's sport. We still have a small chance to advance and I'm sure our team will do their best and fight until the end.

I'll get back to you all after my match today, which is scheduled to be not before 5pm.

I hope you all have a great day!

Love from Wimbledon..

Wimbledon Blog: Thursday

2010-06-24
Hi everybody!!

I'm very happy with the way I closed it out yesterday in my first round match. It gave me a lot of confidence - now I know I can turn it around when I'm down. I just kept fighting for each point and I played some good tennis to win the third.

It's wonderful being here, and this superb weather makes the tournament even more enjoyable. It was also incredible yesterday to follow that never-ending match on Court 18... all the credit to both players being able to survive that and keep going, not just physically but mentally as well. I can't even imagine how exhausted they both must be...

Let's see if they get to finish today :-)

It's great being able to stay in the Wimbledon Village, so close to the courts and with all the nice restaurants around. It's great seeing all the tennis fans and also the soccer fans watching all the games on the big screens. It's a nice time of year to be able to play tennis and follow the World Cup at the same time! Our team plays today so I hope they do well!

Love to all from Wimbledon,

Dani

Go Slovakia!
2010-06-28

Hey everybody, I was pretty disappointed about the singles loss here but thanks for all of your support :) Now I'm going to try my best in the doubles!

Here's a picture of me in my national soccer dress, which adidas Slovakia was kind enough to make for me with my name and my lucky number so I can support our boys in Africa even more! I'm sooo proud of what they've achieved... It is a historic tournament for us, the first time they qualified for the World Cup and now being among the 16 best teams... I'm very proud to be wearing this dress around the grounds of Wimbledon. We may be a small country but we have great people and we'll all be behind them today!! I want to congratulate them for what they've achieved so far and wish them luck for today's match. I hope my doubles match won't be the same time as the game!

Love to all from Wimbledon,

Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 15:43 

Local Time:
Ask Dani

Question by Aries (Philippines)
What is your beauty routine? You look great in your photos, especially on this site!
Dani's answer
I make sure a drink plenty of water and hydrate a lot because it's very important for the skin, since I'm always in the Sun while playing and travelling so much. I also make sure I sleep a lot because it's the best way to recover, not only for body but mind as well. I like to do other sports too and yoga, but most importantly if you feel good about yourself and happy inside you don't need to use cosmetic products :)

Question by Jaime (Spain)
Would you like to appear in a film? If so why don't you ask for a cameo? It would be incredible. I'd love to see you in a 007 film!
Dani's answer
Hey Jaime, of course I would love to be in a movie but just like in tennis you have to work on it to deserve the part, and you need qualities that come only with training, which I dont have time at all for right now! For the moment it's 100% tennis. Maybe one day when I stop playing, you never know :)

Question by Ivan
Do you like cooking?
Dani's answer
I love cooking and I'm getting into it more and more... It's really fun to do it for your friends and family and afterwards see how much they enjoy it. When I cook I get totally into it and forget everything else, so it's really becoming my hobby. Plus, beacuse I've been travelling all the time since I was very young, it is nice to have homemade cooked meals and just stay in and enjoy it at home with everybody... Also I would love to have a restaurant one day but again thats far ahead in the future :)

Question by Pluggy (Thailand)
Will you play in Thailand? You have a lot of fans here!
Dani's answer
I would defenetly love to come play in Thailand as I have never been and I hear it's a very beautiful country! So I hope one day. And it's so, so nice to know I have so many fans there, I'll definitely try to make it one day!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. July 2010 17:57 

Local Time:
Hello From Stanford!

2010-07-25
Hi everyone!

I arrived yesterday in Stanford, where I'm kicking off the second part of my season - the summer US Open Series, starting with the Bank of the West Classic. It will be a long summer with tournaments here in Stanford, in San Diego, Cincinnati, Montreal... so please keep your fingers crossed for me! I'm very excited to be back in competition again after a little break after Wimbledon. I have worked hard these last weeks to be well prepared for the hardcourt season.

I always enjoy coming back to Stanford, since it's such a cute university city with great atmosphere, nice coffee places and tons of good restaurants to choose from, and it's fun to see so many students around. If I had the time to study, this would definitely be on the top of my list as a choice for university. They have got great facilities for all the sports as well, so it makes you want to work out all day long :)

I'll talk to you again very soon!!

Love, Daniela

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. August 2010 20:22 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 22:25
Hello From San Diego!

2010-08-02

Hello from San Diego everybody!

It's great to play in this beautiful place again. Thanks to the main sponsor Mercury Insurance and the wonderful resort of La Costa, we are once again able to compete here, which is a favorite stop among all the players.

It's great to be playing at the same resort where the hotel is, as well as a fantastic spa and great golf course. I haven't had time for any of that yet as I have been busy on the court and in the gym. I've had work to do after my first round loss last week. I definitely need to bring my game a few more levels up this week, since the field is very strong. I'm playing Marion Bartoli in my first round on Tuesday, which will obviously be a very dificult match, but I'm looking forward to it. It's a good challenge and I will just try to do my best, look to raise my game and try to improve with every match this summer.

That's all we can do at the end of the day, just give our best on every single occasion, no matter what we do, right?

So i wish you all to be able to enjoy every day and give it your best in anything you do!

Speak to you all soon and love from San Diego.

Dani

Profile WWW

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. August 2010 08:48 

Local Time:
|12. May 2024| 22:25
More From San Diego...

2010-08-04

Hello again from the beautiful La Costa resort everyone!

Last night I played a great match against Marion Bartoli. I'm very excited. She was playing really well, especially in the first set, but I was able to raise my game up in the second and third sets. I fought all the way until the end and eventually found a way to win. The crowd was really great last night. They helped me get through it. Thanks to all of you!

Today is just a training and recovery day after the long match last night. I'm getting ready for tomorrow's match too, which again won't be easy. The field in this tournament is very strong so there are no easy matches.

The nicest experience yesterday came with realizing the greatest legend of our sport, Rod Laver, was watching our match last night as well. I can't tell you what an honor and privilege that was! It's something I'll never forget...

With love,

Dani

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. August 2010 10:59 

Local Time:
Hello From SD... Again!

2010-08-05
Hi everyone!

I was so pleased the way I played today because obviously Zheng is a very good player. I was able to keep my intensity high throughout the whole match and I felt I was moving really well, which is a good sign for the summer tournaments...

My next match is going to be tough again but like I said before, there are no easy matches! Especially at this stage of a tournament. I'm really looking forward to it. It's nice to be in the quarterfinals. I'm scheduled second after 2:15pm tomorrow, so wish me luck and I'll get back to you again afterwards!

Love from the beautiful La Costa resort,

Dani

Quarterfinal Friday...

2010-08-06
Hello again everyone from San Diego!
Today was another tough match. I played very well towards the end of the second set and in the third I was pleased the way I moved and fought 'til the end. I felt I had more energy in the third set, which made the difference at the end.

We are having a really great time here at La Costa. It's nice to see this tournament back here where it belongs. The crowds are great and again today they helped me so much to get through the match. La Costa is a great place for other sports like golf or surfing at the beaches nearby, as well as having a wonderful spa in the resort, which makes our stay very enjoyable... but I haven't had time for any of it yet since I have been busy on court! But then again, I prefer it that way :)

It's great to be in another semifinal this year and tomorrow will be another tough match but I'm looking forward to it and hope the crowd will again help me give my best...

Thank you all for your support, have a great weekend and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

With love,

Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. August 2010 18:04 

Local Time:
Off To Cincinnati...

2010-08-08
Hi everyone,

I've had a wonderful week here in San Diego and the La Costa resort. Last night, Agnieszka played very, very well and deserved to win, but overall I'm very happy with my performance here. I played some great matches and fought really hard throughout the whole week. The crowd was fantastic and I don't know what it is, but it seems like playing in this part of the world always brings out the best in me. It's very close to Indian Wells as well... it brings out so many wonderful memories. Must be something in the air :) I always enjoy coming here!

Thank you for all of your support and have a nice rest of the weekend... Today I'm off to Cincinnati!

Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2010 17:43 

Local Time:
Off To New Haven...

2010-08-18
Hello everyone!

It was a tough draw for me, but Flavia is in great form. I've enjoyed my week here in Montreal but now I'm on my way to New Haven. I need to pick my form up a few levels in preparation for the US Open - I can't wait to go to New York! The tennis is great but also the atmosphere, the shopping... I love the city! The energy is amazing.

Thanks for all of your support and talk to you all very soon!!

Love,

Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. October 2010 01:18 

Local Time:
Off-Court Fun In Linz!

2010-10-13
Hello everyone! Before my first match at the Generali Ladies Linz here in Linz, I did a lot of fun off-court activities... There are lots of pictures in my photo gallery, and here I'll tell you all a little bit more about these three events!

20th Anniversary Gala...
This year is the 20th anniversary of the Generali Ladies Linz. The tournament organizers, Sandra and Michael Reichel, have done such a fantastic job with this event for so long, and the gala was more proof of that. It was a beautiful evening and it was so great to see so many past champions back in Linz. To share tables with them was really an honor. I have so many good memories from this event, especially from 2007 when I won the title here. I remember I had to win the tournament (which was the last event of the year) to qualify for the WTA Championships in Madrid, so it was even more special.

Sony Ericsson Street Tennis...
It was so much fun to take tennis into the streets of Linz and introduce it to our fans in between shops, cafes and restaurants in the beautiful square downtown. It's a really cute city and being so close to my hometown of Bratislava it feels like I'm almost home. It was incredible the organizers made the court in exactly three minutes, which I never thought could be possible! It was great to play with Patty, since we played the finals here together in 2007, and she has done so much for the game as well. It was a lot of fun and Sony Ericsson did a great job making this entertaining!

Generali Ladies Linz Player Party...
For the player party we dressed up in traditional Austrian dresses and it was a lot of fun since I had never worn one before! At the beginning it felt weird because I'm not used to wearing this kind of clothes, but once again the tournament did such a great job with this evening, for both players and sponsors. It was so much fun.

If you didn't already, please look at all the pictures from these events in the photo gallery!

By the way, I'll be doing a full blog from Bali in a few weeks - and thanks as always for all of your support :)

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 156  Next