Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Heel Injury
PostPosted: 26. April 2008 22:51 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:28
Daniela has withdrawn from Fed Cup, Berlin, and Rome due to an on-going heel injury

From her official website:

Bratislava, Slovak Republic – Daniela Hantuchova has been forced to withdraw from the upcoming World Group II Fed Cup Play-Offs due to a stress fracture in her right foot. She was examined by her doctor last week. Hantuchova was scheduled to represent the Slovak Republic in its tie against Uzbekistan, scheduled for April 26-27 in Bratislava.

“I am very disappointed to have to withdraw from this Fed Cup tie,” Hantuchova said. “Playing for my country is very important to me, and I was really looking forward to joining my teammates against Uzbekistan, especially in front of a home crowd. Unfortunately, my doctor advised that I stay off the court and do minimal physical activity for the next three weeks, at least, to allow my foot to heal. So I'm afraid the stress fracture will probably even prevent me from playing in my next scheduled Sony Ericsson WTA Tour event."

A short interview with Daniela from a slovak news website, it has a bit tabloid-esque aftertaste.

When was the pain so bad that you decided to visit a doctor?
DH: I have had these problems with the heel for a longer time, but last week the pain escalated so much that I decided to visit my doctor in Italy. Medicaments didn‘t help, but the outputs of the medical tests still shocked me. I really didn‘t expect cracked heel bone. They explained me the continuous inflammation caused this fatigue fracture.

What was your first thought when the doctor told you the diagnosis?
DH: I got very frightened, till now I have had only minor injuries, which could be cured in a few days. This is the first more serious injury in my career.

How long do you expect to have a treatment?
DH: At least 3 weeks I can‘t do anything related to tennis, then I will undergo other tests and we‘ll see what my doctor can say about it, and if I can resume practicing.

What are you going to do in these 3 weeks?
DH: Mainly regenerate, rest and carry out what instructions my doctor gave me.

Does the injury limit you in normal life?
DH: Basically I shouldn‘t even walk, only with crutches. But for an athlete it‘s a terror to walk with them. I try it without them, but only very carefully.

No court shoes then?
DH: (laughter) Not in any case, for me the worst thing is that I can‘t play.

That means we won‘t see you in the Fed Cup team. Do you feel sorry about it?
DH: Yes, a lot, it‘s a big shame! Recently I have confirmed my participation and was looking forward to help the girls and the whole team. I will visit them personally to give them at least some moral support.

Do you think they will manage to win even without you?
DH: No doubt that thay can! I believe they will be successful and I will help them later. We have a strong team.

When do you expect your return on the circuit?
DH: Not only Fed Cup but I also have to renounce at least two next tournaments. I firmly believe that after that I will find the form I had at the start of the season.

What are you going to do in your free time now?
DH: Without tennis it will be new for me. Probably the first time in my career I will have a longer time to put my mind on other things, mainly will spend more time with my family. Till sunday I should be in Slovakia, then travel back to Rome.

Profile WWW

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Heel Injury
PostPosted: 26. April 2008 22:52 

Local Time:
it's been a while since we've heard anything new about this. I think she is seeing her doctor this weekend so hopefully something new will soon be posted about this matter. I am hoping for new pictures without the crutches.

Profile WWW

Site Admin
PostPosted: 28. April 2008 05:49 

Local Time:
it's been a while since we've heard anything new about this. I think she is seeing her doctor this weekend so hopefully something new will soon be posted about this matter. I am hoping for new pictures without the crutches.
Daniela visited the Slovak national tennis center on sunday (yesterday), where the Fed Cup tie against Uzbekistan was held, and had the crutches. Even though she had a nice red t-shirt and white trousers and was her usual pretty it was a bit sad to see her like that. She signed a few balls and catalogs while sitting in slovak team box and chatting with Husarova and another young lady I couldn't recognize.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. April 2008 06:14 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:28
Daniela visited the Slovak national tennis center on sunday (yesterday), where the Fed Cup tie against Uzbekistan was held, and had the crutches. Even though she had a nice red t-shirt and white trousers and was her usual pretty it was a bit sad to see her like that. She signed a few balls and catalogs while sitting in slovak team box and chatting with Husarova and another young lady I couldn't recognize.

It was Henrieta Nagyova.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 28. April 2008 06:14 

Local Time:
thanks for the update on the situation. Even though it wasn't a good one, but that's not your fault ;)

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 28. April 2008 22:40 

Local Time:
Just checked the official website but it doesn't say anything.....

even with the new layout, they remain faithful to the old good habits :(

The slovakian fedcup team did a great job.... even if Dani was just watching in the box!!

°•.•°o.O ⓓⓐⓝⓘⓔⓛⓐ ⓗⓐⓝⓣⓤ©ⓗⓞⓥⓐ .•° °•. ⓙⓤⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ⓗⓔⓝⓘⓝ O.o°•.•°
°•. ⓕⓔⓓⓔⓡⓔⓡ ⓜⓤⓡⓡⓐⓨ ©ⓘⓑⓤⓛⓚⓞⓥⓐ ⓢ©ⓗⓘⓐⓥⓞⓝⓔ ⓖⓐⓤⓓⓘⓞ ⓙⓞⓗⓐⓝⓢⓢⓞⓝ .•°

"I have a weak spot for Italians for whatever reason" - Daniela
"Oh really? I have a weak spot for top 50, Slovakian tennis players" - Albi

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 29. April 2008 09:30 

Local Time:
if i remember well,said will be until sunday in slovakia,and then will visit her doctor in rome.
i quess later today or next two days will have news

Site Admin
PostPosted: 29. April 2008 19:02 

Local Time:
I really hope that soon we will have some news about this. I am missing her in action,

Profile WWW

ITF Player
PostPosted: 1. May 2008 04:41 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 17:28
I really hope Daniela has a speedy recovery. :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. May 2008 01:26 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:28
I just wonder how much this injury affected Daniela's performance in Miami and Amelia Island and I also think that she could still have been hampered by her illness from Antwerp. Normally, Daniela comes through late in the third set but against Sugiyama and Sprem she faded late in the third and I think that her health and physical condition was a factor in those losses.

I just hope that rest will heal this (what a pun :?) and that she doesn't need surgery - not that I'm saying that's likely. Hopefully Daniela can be ready for Roland Garros, because it doesn't seem likely she'll be ready to play Rome (and if she is, it's not that likely she'll be able to defend her points from there) while Istanbul is quite a way to go just before Paris and isn't worth playing if not completely healthy.

Still, be patient and hope that Daniela gets better and comes back when she's ready and fit, because we've got to think about the rest of the year and next year rather than just the next few weeks. Get well soon Daniela.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 2. May 2008 07:27 

Local Time:
I love how your post is so optimistic about her loses. Some weeks ago I thought some similar thoughts. I was looking at the 3-sets matches and said to myself that last year, she was winning most of the 3-setters, but this year this wasn't the case. And I think Daniela once said that her strength is that she can keep going and going. So yeah, maybe she has been affected by the heal and illness more than we realize.

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 2. May 2008 14:08 

Local Time:
very good post chungwit.i am with you

hellene fan
PostPosted: 4. May 2008 10:10 

Local Time: