Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 16. March 2009 19:30 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 02:07
good interview iMO. Thanks for sharing. I like her answers.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. March 2009 19:32 

Local Time:
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: You know, I have been on the tour for 10 years, so I do really know what I want.I do love Daniela's particular brand of sarcasm. She's probably been waiting for months to smack down that demeaning line of questioning!

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. March 2009 01:41 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 03:07
You can tell from her interviews she's very intelligent. By the way, how many languages has she mastered already? I think it was seven, or maybe it was fifty.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. March 2009 11:28 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 11:07
There's a nice little video interview on the Indian Wells website

Mainly talks about the match against Cetkovska, and also her thoughts on Bammer.
I like how she said that Bammer was in the semifinals in "the year that I won". Brings back so many memories.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 02:50 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 19:07
You can tell from her interviews she's very intelligent. By the way, how many languages has she mastered already? I think it was seven, or maybe it was fifty.

Funny you ask, i just happened to be reading the latest issue of Tennis magazine and there is an article titled "Speaking in Tongues: The Multilingual Pros of Tennis". It starts out talking about Caroline Wozniacki and the languages she speaks and then it says (sorry i dont have a scanner so i have to type this): "Wozniacki is hardly alone. Player lounges at tournaments can be like international bazaars. Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia speaks Slovak, German, and English as well, some Czech and Croation because of her Slovak, and a little Italian, too. 'I understand Italian but I don't speak it because they make fun of you', she jokes. 'It's the most beautiful language by far. It sounds like singing'." :) lol i like that last part.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2009 14:10 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 01:07

Daniela Hantuchova gets it done here again

INDIAN WELLS — Daniela Hantuchova didn't exactly produce her best tennis, but at the BNP Paribas Open, she manages to find a way to get through, even against a dangerous opponent such as Petra Cetkovska.

Hantuchova defeated Cetkovska 7-5, 7-5 on Monday night on the Stadium Court, a place where the two-time champion doesn't lose often.

Cetkovska defeated Elena Dementieva in the second round, so Hantuchova knew she was in for a long night.

“She's been having a very good tournament, so I was expecting a tough match. I was proud how I was fighting,” Hantuchova said.

It wasn't Hantuchova's best tennis, as she committed 28 unforced errors, with two double faults. But based on history, Hantuchova isn't really worried about aesthetics in the early rounds.

In the two years Hantuchova won this tournament, in 2002 and 2007, she struggled in the early rounds, only to see her tennis improve as the tournament went on.

“I feel like I'm fighting the same way and enjoying myself on the court. Yeah, I get a good feeling,” Hantuchova said. “I remember 2007, I was playing horrible but the main thing was I kept fighting and staying positive. I always said the conditions here are very difficult. The balls are flying, it's very dry and it's very hot. That's why I was proud I was able to win this tournament.”

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 20. March 2009 05:34 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 00:07
Indian Wells Interview: Daniela Hantuchova - March 16

D. HANTUCHOVA/P. Cetkovska 7-5, 7-5

Q. Is this run right now, is this starting to seem kind of familiar, like in 2002 and two years ago?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: It always feels familiar whenever I come here, but definitely I find I'm fighting the same way and really enjoying my time here on the court once again.
Yeah, again, a good feeling.

Q. It seems like that's kind of your formula the two times you've won here. First round maybe not playing your best but you find a way to get through, and then your tennis gets better and better. Is that what this feels like, as well?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, definitely. I remember in 2007, the first- and second-round match for me, first round, was very, very tough. I was playing horrible, when I think about it now.
But the main thing was trying to stay positive, and that's what made the difference. Because I always said the conditions here to play are very difficult. The balls are playing quite a lot. It's dry, very hot. It's never easy to play here.
That's why I'm even more proud that I was able to win this tournament.

Q. Tonight seemed kind of tough. You couldn't really shake her. She kept hanging in there.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, I mean, she's been having a really good tournament. I was expecting a tough match. I was proud the way I was fighting in the important points. I guess at the end I was just a little bit more brave.

Q. Obviously you have a quick turnaround before your next match against Bammer. Can you talk about what you will try to get ready for the match today?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: To get out of here as soon as possible, I mean from the site. Try to get a massage and a good night's sleep and eat a lot, and tomorrow take it easy in the practice so I have enough energy for the match.

Q. Can you talk a little bit about your history against Bammer. I know you're 2-1.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: She's a tough player. She really fights hard and never gives up. I think she also likes to play here. I think she made semifinals here. It's going to be for sure a tough match.
I never really like to play left-handed players. There aren't that many on the tour. It's tough to read their serve.
Again, I'm just going to try to play my game and be aggressive, and we'll see.

Q. This is my last question. Have you ever lost in the stadium? I know some of the years when you were out of the tournament you were on the outside courts.
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, last year I lost. Last year, and also -- yeah, there are not too many matches I lost there, so I always have a great feeling when I step on that court. I feel like it's a very, very special place for me.

Q. Did you change your coach? Angel Jimenez is not here?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I stop with Angel a long time ago, five months. Something like that.

Q. Why did you change your coach?
DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Well, I just felt like I needed some new input, you know, new eyes to see my game, and it's been working pretty well.

Interview from ASAP

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. March 2009 19:36 

Local Time:

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 29. March 2009 18:08 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 03:07
Dvadsaťpäťročná Hantuchová prehrala s o štyri roky mladšou Ruskou Čakvetadzeovou v kariére už po štvrtý raz (bilancia 2:4), keď ju tentoraz zradil najmä servis. Hantuchová neustála svoje podanie dovedna päťkrát, jej súperka využil päť zo šiestich brejkových možností.
"Vôbec nemôžem byť spokojná s tým, čo som dnes predviedla. Aj keď súperka na druhej strane zahrala vynikajúco. Snažila som sa nájsť nejaké okno v jej hre, ale išla od začiatku vo výbornom tempe až do konca . Prvý set bol ešte vyrovnaný. V čase, keď sme si navzájom brali podanie, som mala šancu. V druhom sete to už bolo jednoznačné," komentovala Hantuchová. SITA

Couldn't translate this text, please :?:

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 30. March 2009 11:57 

Local Time:
i have some news about her trainier situation.
thomas högstedt is not her new trainer IMO, because i read in a new german tennis magazin, that högstedt is now headcoach at the "Formaxx-TennisBase" in Oberhaching (Germany). He says that also some other top players like Hantuchova or Safina were there for a practise sesssion.
And he says that he is the headcoach of the TennisBase, but he also wanted to coach and practise with Philipp Kohlschreiber(Germany).

So because of that i can't imagine that he is the main coach of Daniela. Maybe only a little help for her for a short time :?:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 30. March 2009 19:03 

Local Time:
thanks for the info. Just wish she would find a good coach and stay with him.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. March 2009 01:19 

Local Time:
Yep,Hogstedt is now listed as Kohlschreibers coach on his ATP Player Profile. The plot thickens....

And this will wind martin up,but she already had a good coach and decided to get rid of him. :roll:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. March 2009 02:05 

Local Time:

I posted this German article from January in the Paris thread and it says that Hogstedt's working with Kohlschreiber and that Panichi was working there as well. It fits with what Patti said.

It makes sense that Hogstedt would work with Kohlschreiber as he'd previously worked with Kiefer and Haas and he'd a relationship with Kohlschrieber before he started working with Daniela. He's still listed as her coach in her WTA bio, so who knows what's really going on. I think martin posted that she'd decide whether to stay with Hogstedt after Miami, so I think we have a decent idea what her choice is going to be. The lack of transparency is a wee bit frustrating though.
Who knows, Hogstedt could be doing two jobs although I can't think offhand of anyone that's coached ATP & WTA players simultaneously, at least not on a fulltime basis on tour, so I think that's unlikely. The important thing is that Daniela has a coach she's happy with and that she trusts and who can improve her game and results.

Last I heard Darren Cahill was still available. Things didn't work out with him and some Swiss guy.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. March 2009 14:14 

Local Time:
I saw "Killer" Cahill working with Verdasco in Indian Wells,so unfortunately he's not available.

Interestingly Panichi is still listed as Daniela's fitness coach,even though she's been working with Pat Etcheberry this year. :dunno:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 1. April 2009 08:32 

Local Time:
Dvadsaťpäťročná Hantuchová prehrala s o štyri roky mladšou Ruskou Čakvetadzeovou v kariére už po štvrtý raz (bilancia 2:4), keď ju tentoraz zradil najmä servis. Hantuchová neustála svoje podanie dovedna päťkrát, jej súperka využil päť zo šiestich brejkových možností.
"Vôbec nemôžem byť spokojná s tým, čo som dnes predviedla. Aj keď súperka na druhej strane zahrala vynikajúco. Snažila som sa nájsť nejaké okno v jej hre, ale išla od začiatku vo výbornom tempe až do konca . Prvý set bol ešte vyrovnaný. V čase, keď sme si navzájom brali podanie, som mala šancu. V druhom sete to už bolo jednoznačné," komentovala Hantuchová. SITA

Couldn't translate this text, please :?:In no way can I be satisfied with my performance today, despite my opponent playing very well. I tried to find some weak side in her game, but she played in a good mode from start to finish. First set was competitive, we broke our serves a couple of times, I had a chance at that time. Second set was one-sided.
And this will wind martin up,but she already had a good coach and decided to get rid of him. :roll:It won't. I wrote that I didn't mind Daniela leaving Barcelona because I saw improvements in her game. But her last two tournaments left me with doubts. I didn't see those improvements anymore.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 75  Next