Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Lukyno
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 9. August 2008 10:04 

Local Time:
|5. May 2024| 22:34
Davydenko and Youzhny look like terrorists
:haha:
and Zvonareva??? ...she look like Russian spy :lol:

Profile WWW

Site Admin
PostPosted: 9. August 2008 22:43 

Local Time:
A little bif off-topic but when I saw the new banner I thought I could post this. Pacific Life will no longer sponsor the Indian Wells tournament. Means no more whales for Daniela. :(

media master
PostPosted: 10. August 2008 03:15 

Local Time:
A little bif off-topic but when I saw the new banner I thought I could post this. Pacific Life will no longer sponsor the Indian Wells tournament. Means no more whales for Daniela. :(

i hope this won't be a curse for 2012 title lol

another Article on ITF Site

Flashback Career Daniela Hantuchova

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. August 2008 10:07 

Local Time:
another Article on ITF Site

Flashback Career Daniela Hantuchova

Thanks for the link kallur

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. August 2008 16:59 

Local Time:
|5. May 2024| 21:34
Thanks for the articles, Martin & Kallur.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

media master
PostPosted: 13. August 2008 14:50 

Local Time:
something interesting ?

what's the crap about Bryant btw ?

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. August 2008 18:11 

Local Time:
Can someone translate the interview on the link above into english thanks!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. August 2008 21:46 

Local Time:
Can someone translate the interview on the link above into english thanks!

please!! translate it.

media master
PostPosted: 13. August 2008 22:29 

Local Time:
lol 3 people, only the interesting stuff is enough, it's to much, it will take hours for the person who translates this

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. August 2008 22:42 

Local Time:
what's the crap about Bryant btw ?

They ask her about the poeple she met during the ceremony or the Olympic Village.

She answered something about the "Chinese basketball player Yao Ming and Kobe Bryant - very cute". But the part before I couldn't understand.

I think there are some more interesting questions.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. August 2008 17:48 

Local Time:
Davenport in sync with Hantuchova
By: David Borges, Register Staff08/17/2008

NEW HAVEN - Daniela Hantuchova had recently won a three-hour singles match and was due for a quarterfinal - the biggest of her career - the next day at this year's Australian Open.

But that wasn't all: in between, there was a doubles match with new partner Lindsay Davenport that night. Or so she thought.

Davenport, a 55-time winner on the WTA Tour and three-time Grand Slam champion, knew it behooved Hantuchova to skip the doubles match and concentrate on singles play. So the pair withdrew from doubles.

"It's such a great gesture from her," Hantuchova said on Sunday. "She said, 'Look, I just don't want you to have any regrets, having to play doubles the night before. You've got to save your energy for the match.' That was something I respected so much. I don't know anybody else who would do that."

For Davenport, it was essentially a no-brainer.

"Obviously, I have a lot of experience in that," Davenport said. "It was not going to help her singles to spend another hour, two hours on a doubles court late at night before coming back for a big match tomorrow. All I said was, 'You need to do what's best for your singles, I understand that.' We made the decision together. We're there to support each other. In certain situations, it benefits you to concentrate on your singles, especially at a Grand Slam."

Davenport and Hantuchova have been on-and-off doubles partners since the Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic in Bali last September (ironically, Davenport beat Hantuchova in the singles finals of that event). They'll pair up again this week at the Pilot Pen.
"We have fun with it," Davenport said. "Obviously, we want to do well in doubles, but both our priorities are singles. We don't take it too seriously, although we end up being competitive out there. We want to get some matches in before the U.S. Open."

Hantuchova suffered a stress fracture this spring that severely limited her ability to play. Because of that, she intended to put doubles on the back burner, until Davenport convinced her otherwise.

"When you get asked by somebody like her, it's impossible to say no," Hantuchova said. "She's such a great champion, and I think it's great for the tournament to have her here, at least for doubles. We always have a lot of fun together, there's so many things I can learn from her. I respect her game so much."

Davenport arrived at her ninth Pilot Pen (she won't play singles) on Sunday after flying in from China the night before. She and doubles partner Liezel Huber were edged in the women's doubles quarterfinals at the Beijing Olympics by Spain's Anabel Medina Garrigues and Virginia Ruano Pascual.

Now 32, a mother of a young son and battling injuries (cartilage damage in her knee), Davenport has publicly questioned whether she'd continue her tennis career after this year's Open.

"It's hard to plan anything when you have a son and a family, especially this summer when I've been injured," Davenport said. "I just wanted to get through this great summer and take it from there. Once (the Open) is over, I'll have a chance to go home, decompress, and really figure out what I want to do. If I feel like still playing, I will, if I want to take some time off, I will. But for now, my only focus is the U.S. Open."

Source: NewHavenRegister.com

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2008 19:06 

Local Time:
Wow that's so kind of Davenport at the Australian Open this year I had no idea..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2008 09:40 

Local Time:
I think we all knew that that was the reason for them withdrawing so that Daniela could concetrate on the singles, but its nice to know that it was Davenport that insisted that they withdraw to help Daniela

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. August 2008 16:27 

Local Time:
|5. May 2024| 15:34
wow! that was really sweet do davenport! i like her and now i like her more. its nice that she is looking out for daniela. :D

i hope they permenently become doubles partners, although no one knows how long davenport will be on the tour. :(

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. August 2008 14:04 

Local Time:
I have always liked Linsey. She's always looked layed-back and really happy and focused. Thats the kind of respect i would like to see more of. Out of all the partners Daniela has had, i would say Linsey is my favorite. Even more-so than Sugi. Thanks for the artical. Goodluck!! with the doubles.

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 75  Next