Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: News, Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 25. March 2019 17:12 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:35
25.03.2019, 09:17
Tennis took my normality, friendships and relationships, says a large interview with Daniela Hantuchova
Author: Lucia Ležovičová

The full interview with Daniela Hantuchová you can read in the magazine why not?!, Which is now embedded in Hospodářské noviny.
As tennis is enjoying retirement?
Why thereafter they resorted world of television and offered him commenting tennis?
As working with stage fright?
Would your kids to tennis?

She's beautiful, talented, and as she says, and responsible and hardworking. Its peak was 5th place in the ranking of the best tenistiek world. Currently impress viewers as TV presenter and commentator. After Daniele Hantuchova because immediately after tennis career resorted great world of television. In an exclusive interview why not ?! He revealed what it gave and took and tennis once or give their children to professional sport.

You recently said that Slovakia spend five days a year. It's better now?
Much better. I have much more free time and try to catch up with all those years when I could be in Slovakia as long as I wished. I have family, friends.

Where now actually you live?
Hard to say. But most probably already in Slovakia and, of course, in Monaco.

And on the plane?
Yes, even on the plane, but much less than before. But a few days I'm flying back to California and I was just telling Mom that I almost weaned from flying. Once when I was in the swing, so I was constantly at the airport. Lazy I do not feel like packing.

You look like your tennis retirement quite take. It's true?
Completely. I enjoy this very moment. I know I gave up my tennis career all, I am proud of what I could. And, of course, for all I am very grateful. Now I feel freedom and professional tennis I ever missing. I am trying to catch up on everything I missed.

@ googel translate

the rest of the interview is behind a paywall

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. June 2019 20:15 

Local Time:
Journalist Daniela Hantuchova - the worst question: How do you feel after the game?

Bugan Štefan
today 09:10 | Of the former excellent Slovakian tennis player Daniela Hantuchova is already a full-time journalist. Poprad native working for three TV stations (Amazon, Fox Sports, Tennis Channel) at the same time and is very extended. In Paris, we talked about her two views on tennis - Player and journalism.

JOURNALIST DANIELA HANTUCHOVA CLAIMS THAT SHE WAS SORRY WHEN THE SLOVAK MEDIA CAME TWO MINUTES

Now it looks like your typical day?
"During the Indian Wells I got up about half past five in the morning and ended at nine in the evening. It is much more difficult than when I practiced sports. As a player, I had more control over their time. Then everything has adapted to me, now I have to priuspôsobiť team of thirty people. No longer I understand you journalists and I know how difficult it is. I have to be focused all day and watch everything. I appreciate that I do several things - commented devote to the analysis, doing a lot in the studio, but no more than I enjoy conversations with tennis players. "

Interestingly, commenting that more men than women ...
"Yes, I comment only women's matches at Grand slams. Amazon TV station transmits only ATP circuit, so the more often I deal with men's game. "

As you take on the men's circuit?
"I must say that well, although it was mainly from the early big challenge. He said you know what a woman about men's tennis, so I had to be well prepared. I think that I defended the position and I dare to say that the men's tennis significance. It is because men's matches many years looking. And from them I took inspiration when I wanted something to improve in technique and tactics. In truth, the men were actually very surprised how well they see tennis. For that I owe my first coach Jozefovi Bulkovi, who taught me to see tennis. When one player makes a technical error, I will notice it. "

Even as experts on men's tennis you therefore ask: Who will win Roland Garros?
"In response to this all week and it was the question I'm trying to avoid. I'll tell you what most experts. Favorites are three, the fourth is Dominic Thiem on the red clay after an incredible season should not be forgotten. After the first week, it is impossible to say who will win. Whenever any of the Big Three getting on the court, the history happen. The last time Djokovic got the first times in a row to the quarterfinals Roland Garros. Big Three as between themselves played their own historical tournament Heart ... I do not know why, he says Federer will win. But Djokovic is playing unbelievably and Nadal is the best ever antukár. My instinct gives about one percent greater chance Švajčiarsovi than the other two. "

Another classic question: To the young people you are giving the best chance to replace those legends came out top?
"Amazon we have a whole box of new generation. Dominic Thiem is stable, even if he is already before the middle generation. However, I believe it will be an amazing year. Pleasantly surprised me Stefanos Tsitsipas. On the twenty-year young man it is incredibly mature. It has a good view of the world, advanced expression is a lovely idea. I think Alexander Zverev to win every Grand Slam tournament. The media are the most critical of him young, but as if forgetting that he is still only 21 years old and has already won the tournament champions. Men's Tennis experiencing incredible times. "

You dare you an insight into the male unit Slovak Martin Klizan?
"I have not been following it so much that I can say something specific. Of course, I caught it at Roland Garros came in the third round, but that's about it. I have yet to comment on any match or the other Slovaks. I will be very happy if I'm lucky enough once. "

In a man's world it is also promoted trainer Amelie Mauresmo, who coaches Frenchman Lucas Pouille and previously led Briton Andy Murray. What is your opinion on the coach's ATP? Should they accrue?
"In my opinion, yes. It always depends on the type of player. Amel searching for tennis players who had a very dominant mother, and therefore accept female authority. It needs to open it. Many women see tennis very well. On the other hand, I can not imagine that I trained man. One thing is to talk about it and another to do well. "

Do you have a journalist or commentator pattern?
"At the beginning I did, homework 'and napozerala much traffic for me to orient what is expected of me. My mentor was Darren Cahill. I have the closest relationship with him, as it has previously coached. He is amazing in this work. When he says something, it's to the point and stands by its view. He stressed the me that I make clear my mind. Here is perfectly fine sometimes in the mistaken forecasts. The worst, however, evasive answers. I really like the work Mats Wilander and Barbara Schett. Equally, Lindsay Davenport, who is trying to put forward the player's view. In this I am similar. I am trying to especially explain why things happen during matches. Sometimes players also little to defend. He just like the end of a career still is close to the players' locker room. "

What question have had no advice as a player and now avoid her as a journalist?
"Such a question as: 'How do you feel after the game?' Winner will of course feel good and combat evil ... I'm trying to ask for something that interested fans and at the same time that other journalists come to mind. I use a bit that my tennis players as former toy trust and do not have such distance as to other journalists. "

You devote at issues just playing or trying out players get something backstage?

"Backstage things do not drag it too. I know that some colleagues are working so that they come for the player in the dressing room,, chat 'with him, and tennis player it a few minutes hears on TV. I was also during this time players' often happen, I will designate to whom. It's very unfair, so I do not do. Of course, I use the information I have acquired during their career. When I comment on women's matches, they ask me what tactics I would chose the tennis player myself. To share my experiences, but I do not go out of players pull information into the dressing room. "

You've become famous already in their teens. Have you experienced journalists and unfair things?
"Sometimes, but rather part of tabloid journalism spectrum. For normal or not serious media. The biggest shock I experienced when I trained in England. Suddenly I was in all the newspapers, often on the cover. There is moreover the case that someone often artificially quickly plotted on a pedestal. Around players often happens, boom ', but it comes across to me as a bit unrealistic. It is necessary to keep distance from it. Even if you win the tournament, it's still just a tournament. You did not invent anything to save the world. "

When you are in the A category-stars like Djokovic, Nadal and Federer, he is interested in you all. You're a lesser extent also experienced. How important it is to have time for media control to the player to concentrate?
"It is necessary to have an agent who decides the time for the media. Me, for example, often had very sorry that they decided, with whom I was doing interviews. First they get a space station Eurosport and ESPN, and the Slovak media remaining time until the end, often only two minutes. Now I see the other side, the players often do not even know what is going on around them. I will send a request for an interview, but the agents decide whether the tennis player will talk to me or not. Between athletes and the media it is therefore yet another man. When the greatest stars of the agents managed to 99 percent. It's good from that point of view, the players have the distance. Many times, however, I see that a tennis player should also give more interviews, but comes agent that is slowly bigger star than a player. Anyway it's interesting to observe from the other side. "

Players often say that during tournaments do not read what is written about them in the media. It's true?
"I was naive. I started reading it, I was still too sensitive, no disaster. Then, moreover, they began to appear under articles comments. I did not know that was what it was, but when I read some of the reactions, I had a taste of all end. After about six months I realized that if I want to keep playing professional tennis, I need to quit. I have an interesting experience from the tournament in Eastbourne. I was a teenager, I did well and came out of me a big article in the paper. I was also on the cover and happily I can not read. It went around Virginia Wade, the British legend and Grand Slam šampióka. She asked me what I was doing and said, 'You really you read about yourself? It never do that. Only the night itself at the mirror, you know, if you put everything into it. Newspapers nicely put away. ' This was a lesson for me. The best players can not read by themselves decide. I can not, however, fully assess how much the young generation now involved in social media. "

Several tennis players also say that the spider not look further than the next round. While as a journalist now for lottery tickets must analyze before the first round, which stars on each other may encounter in the semifinals. They look to the tennis players spider?
"I was just so. I'm always saying to journalists, 'Just do not tell me who you play ďalej'. Others are fifty-fifty. I know for instance, that Roger is watching who is around him. Regardless of this, however, it is really the most important focus is always only for the upcoming game. "

Tennis players appearing before the media more advanced than football players or basketball players. Of course, not true in all cases, but in general rather yes. They are behind this media trainings?
"I agree, and it's interesting. I had media training, also Roger, Rafa or Novak. Of them I feel sincerity. They are still present at this time and therefore the best. But when I ask women to multiple media training to see. It's often like I'm talking to the wall. I'll do an interview with them, but I do not know what I wrote to him from the newspaper. Tennis players are, however, in expressing really different, level '. It's about the fact that they are exposed to the media after every match. In team sports it is not. "

Nick Kyrgios however that the Big Three is Práveže insincere. According to him, they are too diplomats. What is your opinion on Kyrgios?
"I played with Nick Asian exhibition IPTL league, so I was with him two weeks ... Where to start? I think that diplomacy should be. Nick will be with the other to spend more years. Regularly they will meet in the dressing room. Kyrgios often report no respect. First you need the poupratovať own house, and then can say something to the three best tennis players. "

VAJDA IS KLBKO POSITIVE ENERGY
Hantuchova on television often expressed by compatriot Marian Vajda. What makes it such an exceptional coach? "It's the most positive person I've ever known. He is a ball of positive energy. Novak would not be without Smith. Sufficiently many people do not realize what Vajda made for Djokovičovu career and life. "

"Marian has vast experience of its players' time and still has his charge what you give. Whenever Vajda in Novak is from it a completely different player. Then it is focused only on tennis and ready to win the tournament to tournament. Exceptional is also that which is Marian popular in the tennis area. I do not know one person who would Vajda said a bad word. it makes Slovakia a great name, "
said Daniela Hantuchova.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2019 22:03 

Local Time:
EXCLUSIVE | "Now, Simona is the hardest opponent in the circuit. By far." Daniela Hantuchova, triumphant in all four Grand Slam tournaments, hot impressions after main-event at Sports Festival: among the strongest opponents + advice for Halep

Sports Festival in Cluj, tennis fans in Romania rediscovered Daniela Hantuchova, a sports superb physics model, jovial, who applauded often executions superb Simona Halep alongside tribune frantic Cluj. Exhibition match of tennis between Simona Halep, Marius Copil, Daniela Hantuchova and Fabio Fognini turned Saturday night into a real feast for spectators but for Simon who looked tearfully video tribute by the organizers with the complicity of its parents Tania and Stere Halep.

At the end of the three-hour show, the BT Arena, Daniela Hantuchova answered for ProSport few questions with tact and confidence that exudes on the field with a smile on his lips Anina.

Daniela, you stay close to tennis mainly posture TV commentator. What stars of tennis you like to look at more about who you love to talk to microphone comment?
Comment boys more matches of ATP, but - and not because I am here - I must say that Simo is one of my favorite players were to comment. When I was still on the track, I train with her, playing against them was something fabulous, because I had so much respect for her game. I think it is a incredible depth in the game and is a incredible player, not just on the pitch but also outside it. It is what I respect most in this moment. And when it comes to games, I remember clearly, I commented that her match with Kerber from Aistralian Open (note - the 2018 semifinal, won by Simon 9-7 in the decisive final season designated the most beautiful game of the year in Grand Slam tournaments in women's competition). I was most closely match that I've ever seen. It was one of thrillers them we commented we got enough!

Simona prepares to play doubles at the Olympics with Horia Tecau. Ever you feel intimidating opponent across the net? What advice would you give Simona, since you have an extremely rare career Grand Slam in mixed doubles?
You have to enjoy that experience knows exactly what to do. I always felt good to play against boys. For me it was more satisfactory than that moment when I managed to return one of their service. I always felt good, it was good to have a player on the same side of the net with me, to share the experience with him, because things were so much more relaxed. Me those matches always helped and simple, so it will be a very good experience for her, I'm sure.

You played four times with Simona and not even the happiest memories for you, because you lose every time. She twice managed to earn a trophy, so it was as good sports. I wonder where you put Simone in a top of the toughest opponents that you've faced in your career?
Now, Simona is the hardest opponent to face in the WTA circuit. Far. I would definitely put it in the top five among the toughest opponents that you've faced. Not sure what place, but must mention Lindsay Davenport, Jennifer Capriati - oh, how hard it was to play against them! But while all the names that we say - it's difficult opponent to face, but before that I was a huge pleasure to play. It was a challenge for me, but my game and put in value. It was hard to play with Justine Henin and Kim Clijsters, and tied them is Simona. Obviously, there was Serena - who pose the greatest challenge. Before I had a fantastic group of champions, and Simona is certainly within its ranks together and Hingis, and Mauresmo. And today is a basic level so high, much higher than other girls.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. July 2019 15:41 

Local Time:
Eurosport's guest Daniela Hantuchova: "Wimbledon has a unique atmosphere"
Eurosport Turkey
4 hours ago

Millennium Daniela Hantuchova at the beginning of the era shining star, has said goodbye to the court two years ago. There are currently engaged in a variety of media channels tennis commentator old Slovak player, 2001 Wimbledon mixed doubles champion atmosphere where the secrets and techniques of playing on grass courts in North Kilic told Eurosport team from Turkey.

During his career he played all the Grand Slam, one of the notable names Daniela Hantuchova, 2001 Wimbledon mixed doubles had signed the first major success of his career with victory. 6 Explain in retirement in July 2017 tennis Over the past few months and then continue through the rest of the Slovak commentator on several channels myth; retirement process, Wimbledon techniques and secrets shared with us a lot more.

He was a former national tennis champion tennis with your grandmother and began his redirect. What was the most important thing you learned from him?
The most important lesson I get from my grandmother, I respect play against each opponent and be grateful to them. I'm taking lessons from my opponent because I won or lost in any match, so I have to be thankful to them.

Were you difficult to get the retirement decision? You can talk about your decision-making process of this?
I think a difficult situation for every athlete to retire because you leave what you do throughout your life. It took some time to give a decision, but I feel that the right time has come. After explaining my retirement decision, I felt good. I am grateful for everything she gave me in tennis, but it was a right time to leave. However, I have retired from tennis, it does not mean I have to say goodbye, because we love something I do not think we can simply say goodbye. I spend only 11 months of the year the way professional athletes, I said goodbye to my life. Tennis will always know part of my life, because it's my DNA and I really love him very much.

How you spend your life after retirement? Do you enjoy your new life if you continue to work hard to beat?
I certainly enjoy my retirement from life. I wanted to do my whole life, but there were too many things I can not always separate. And now I can take time and it's great. I enjoy very obviously working, because I am. No matter what I do, I always give my 100'ü%. TV I'm very happy to start a new career, especially the work we did together with Amazon Prime Video is very nice and I feel lucky to have access to a topic I'm interested in commenting chance in my life. Also being one of the few who spoke of inspiring women and men involved in the ATP tennis tour. I enjoy a bit challenging, but every second. I made a few weeks ago Amazon and Fox Sports or Roland-Garros broadcasts was so fun. Roland-Garros and had a wonderful experience to feel totally enjoyable moments to live. Also there is a very good team, we work together. I truly enjoy my television career beginners.

In 2001, the first Grand Slam victory of your career you've reached the Wimbledon mixed doubles category. Can you tell us a little bit of the atmosphere of Wimbledon?
Wimbledon has a unique atmosphere. I think that every player fortunate enough to play there, playing the most sacred part of the calendar is a great opportunity. not very important to win or lose, because it's very special. When shares are possessed an incredible pass each of the doors and you realize the privilege of being part of such a great atmosphere. Every moment you have the feeling that you have witnessed to date. It really does not have anything similar elsewhere. A very special week of two weeks-even with three qualifying rounds will follow. Because anything can happen-class women, many names are equivalent, and we'll see what happens. Men's standings again, the victory will reach one of the three giants.

Can you talk about the dynamics of the key points of the play and the grass courts?
Grass courts must play really fast and so low from here. fitness work you did before the grass season is very important, for example, should increase their squat training; So you can play without lower. The front legs and pain in your hip muscles can live in the first few days, but it is bound to be good to play on the lawn really need to tolerate the pain from the low.
Obviously grass ground now much slower than in the past. A few days ago we saw 30-40-shot rally at Queen's Club Championships, which is incredible. This rally shows that slows us how much grass. In the past it was not like that. Wimbledon so it will be much more interesting, because in this ground with the speed of the decline can see more players playing well. During the tournament, and it looks like the weather will be nice may slightly increase the speed of the courts in this case. But the most important points to play low, get under the ball and make it as fluid strokes.

We saw many surprises in the women's side at Roland Garros. Can we see them in Wimbledon you think?
The first round draw for the women who play aggressively and open to surprises but always looks good players on the field must consider that they have a better chance in these courts. So by playing more aggressive and bold risk-taking players closer to the trophy. Ash is Barty'y the last few months and I absolutely love the game play. It deserves to be world number one because he's great. Humble, and that success will not change him. Great to see these characters in our sport, we need more players like that.

We can see some surprises in the men's side, but I would not call it a surprise. Because middle quality of young players, they are playing very well. showing incredible performance at Roland-Garros likely to do better at Wimbledon Dominic Theim's work. So we have a lot of players that can progress to the final tournament, but ultimately will triumph again as one of the first three names.

Who are the candidates in the Wimbledon championship?
I think the men's side , Roger Federer or Rafa Nadal will be the champion, I can do 49% 51-% chance in the form of distribution. In women it works much more complicated. Ash Barty's got a great chance. We can never underestimate the Serenade, which is how strong middle ground in the grass. But I guess since I do Ashleigh' choice. According to the Roland Garros-Wimbledon a much different style of play is concerned, there is also more pressure and expectation on you the moment you set foot on Center Court. Barty'n the world will be interesting to see how to deal with it as number one. Pliskova's luck may be due to the service. Petra Kvitova 'or here every time I give a chance because he loves grass ground, but was injured and could therefore lost its forms. As a result Barty to reach Ash's victory in the women think.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. August 2019 23:40 

Local Time:
Sports Personality help sick children. Chara gets a hole ten years
SITA 04/08/2019 3:55 p.m.

The traditional charity golf tournament with overtones in Tatranska Lomnica in the first Saturday of August arrived a personality of Slovak sports and cultural life.

Golf under the baton of his organizational Peter Bondra already the twelfth time played hockey and other well-known personalities from the recent period Miroslav Satan, Richard Lintner, John Lašák, Martin Cibak and for the first time and a former great tennis player Daniela Hantuchova. Under the Tatras he visited and still active 42-year-old captain Zdeno Chara Boston hockey, but played golf.

"Golf clubs Zdenko still does. Until he ends up with hockey career a decade and had some preparation, "he said in good humor Peter Bondra in the Markíza. "I want to improve as quickly as possible, so that will be most important for me patience. While we enjoy the fact that I can learn a lot from others, "said Hantuchova, a former player of the fifth WTA rankings in singles and winner of seven singlový tournament on the female circuit.

According to a press release the organizers of the event collected 28,212 euros, which will go for the physically and mentally disabled children through the Foundation Miroslav Satan and the "Children's Hour". For 12 years the project addressed directly to children whose fate is tested severely affected more than 237,800 euros.

Hantuchova paid at auction for a racket 500, was the most honored hockey jersey Hossa for 1,000 euros. Hockey players have donated to the auction part of its traditional clothing like jerseys, hockey sticks and helmets.

"Our charity tournament helped children and civic associations this year of more than 28 thousand euros. Thank you all for your participation and support. Again confirmed that people who came to the tournament, showed a big heart and a willingness to help, "said Peter Bondra.

"During the nine years of cooperation Charity Golf Cup brought more than 61,000 euros for projects to spend free time helping children in social need and children with disability," noted Zuzana Horváthová, Project Manager Children's Hour.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. August 2019 17:51 

Local Time:
Hantuchova was a long time appeared in the High Tatras: He pulled it there Peter Bondra

After two years again he proved the Tatra Mountains. Daniela Hantuchova is doing (36) native of Poprad ... Former tennis player but this time not in the hands of the rocket, but a golf club.
Peter accepted the invitation Bondry supported the twelfth chapter of his charity event in Velka Lomnica.

"Yes, I am a native of Poprad, but rarely go to the Tatras. I was here in Tatranska Lomnica two years ago at the tennis tournament ... " admitted penitential world traveler who take a short break between major tennis tournaments, where he works as a commentator for the transfer station Fox Sports and Tennis Chanel, filed visiting his native region. "Here in a golf course for the first time and I am very pleasantly surprised," continued the former fifth player of the world, which, however, tennis golf course ever unchanged.

"Golf games less than recreationally and change it to not plan anything. While this is a very nice and pleasant game mostly in the company of nice people, but did not know I would be given every day, " said Daniela, who however played so enthusiastically that has lost one of its golf clubs. She found her Jano Lašák and Daniela signed it immediately donated to a charity auction.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2019 18:07 

Local Time:
Amazon Prime Video reveals US Open hosting talent
August 19, 2019

Amazon Prime Video will bring customers in the UK and Ireland live and exclusive coverage of the US Open Tennis Championships 2019, from the qualifying rounds (19 August–23 August) to the tournament (26 August–8 September) at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, New York. Customers will have access to full, uninterrupted, live coverage from every televised court, all match replays and highlights, at no additional cost to their Prime membership.

Prime Video will broadcast on-site, live studio coverage throughout the whole tournament starting from 26 August to 8 September. Coverage will be led by Prime Video’s core presenting team, hosted by Catherine Whitaker, alongside former players and tennis experts Daniela Hantuchova and Greg Rusedski in the studio. For this year’s tournament, the team will be joined for the first time by former World No.1 and seven-time Grand Slam singles winner John McEnroe, former World No.1 and 18-time Grand Slam singles champion Martina Navratilova, and former World No.4 and British No.1 Tim Henman.

Former World No.1 and four-time Grand Slam winner Jim Courier returns, as does former British No.1 Annabel Croft, analyst and commentator Mark Petchey, and sports presenter Karthi Gnanasegaram. Mary Carillo and Pete Odgers will join as part of the courtside commentary team and Marcus Buckland will present a highlights show.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2019 18:14 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: Federer waving monologues. For Nadal it necessary to pull
In commenting feels like a fish in water. He had to learn things outside cameras.

15 Aug 2019 at 0:00 Daniel Dedina

POPRAD. The position has dedicated the players Daniela Hantuchova professional tennis half of my life so far.

Sports fans in Slovakia has prepared many beautiful moments.

Great performance on the most watched Grand Slam events, among which stands the semifinal at the Australian Open and titles in doubles stirred in each of the big four events.

Along with Dominik Hrbaty rejoiced leadership of the Hopman Cup and even as a teenager was a heaping measure progress by the success of women's tennis pervasive under the Tatras, triumphed in the Fed Cup.

Less than two years ago Hantuchova rocket hung on a nail, but filled the desire of the majority of athletes, and to remain in their beloved industry.

The former fifth best player of the world in singles and in doubles, also after moving a commentator changers ranges of najjagavejších tennis superstars.

They are much more open to it than the usual media workers.

And we talked about it in our interview with 36-year-old native of Poprad, which combines tennis with perfectionism feminine elegance.

Let's start from mimotenisového barrel. You recently participated in a charity golf event in the High Tatras. How's Daniela Hantuchova union together and golf?
"Whole fine. When I used to play a more active, the time was very little. So it's something that I want to begin to pay much more. It has many things in common with tennis, it's not up to such a different way. "

How sport except tennis revel most?
"Certainly skiing. And I would say that golf is right behind it. Until now, I probably begin to more thoroughly addressed. "

On the said action it has not been a significant shortage of hockey personalities. The industry that can properly distract Slovaks. What is your relationship to hockey?
"Very close. Since childhood I pozerávala matches and keep our fingers crossed. Again, there are lots of similar things, such as movement. And we compared and at least we have nothing to talk about ... "

After the end of the tennis career, you have said that you are attracted to run a marathon. This is true still?
"It has been, fortunately, passed. It was still the tennis that I have to prove something else ... But no. I enjoy that I do not rub, though very happy going to work out and I'm still active. But it is in the context of how it suits me and when I want. Due to work and commenting on television, I like it when I have time for myself. "

@ google translate

The rest of the interview is behind a paywall.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. October 2019 17:46 

Local Time:
Czechs beat American drill. You can sharpen tennis talent, praise Hantuchova
Miroslav Harnoch
12 hours ago

After finishing her career on the courts, she threw herself on the path of a foreign television commentator. In an interview for Aktualne.cz Daniela Hantuchova admitted how she admires Czech players or what it is like to have a colleague John McEnroe.

It's been two years since you left tennis. Miss the courts?
In fact, it is not missing. Having a career on television, tennis is still part of my life. Especially traveling and that year after year I miss the same carousel. I like to play tournaments of legends or sometimes for fun, but the career cup is already full and it is time to do something else.

So you're not planning to return what Kim Clijsters has announced now?
Definitely not. And I'm very curious how she can handle it, because now tennis is faster. Being a mother will make her physically hard enough. I know myself at the end of my career I had trouble recovering between matches. The body doesn't recover as fast as 20-year-old girls. Of course she has experience, she's a Grand Slam champion, she knows what it takes to be on top, but I'm curious to see how fit she is.

During your career you also had marketing activities, magazines ranked you among the most beautiful tennis players with the longest legs on the circuit, you took pictures for front covers. Are you missing this?
First of all, it is beautiful to listen to, so thank you very much. (laughing) By doing it on TV, part of this life remains to me. And maybe I do more than I played tennis. At that time, I tried to minimize such activities and put the media world in the background. Now the various photo shoots and filming have become part of my work.

You often say in interviews that your current work as a TV columnist is harder than playing on the court. In what?
Mentally, it's completely different than I was used to. I've never been as tired after tournaments as I am now. The days are much longer, sometimes we have 16 hours shifts from morning to evening. By going live, you have to smile at nine in the morning as at ten in the evening. When commenting on a match, you must have maximum concentration. On the court you could afford to turn your head off for a while and no one knew it, now there's no room for it. But I don't want to complain, I enjoy it very much. It surprised me how much.

Do you prepare for matches or do you rely on experience from the circuit?
My experience is one of the reasons why Amazon or Fox employed me. I played with 80 percent of the players. But that doesn't mean I'm not getting ready and looking for new information. I try to trace everything and add my own observations. I really appreciate that for Amazon it's mainly men's tennis that I comment on.

As a commentator, you often have legends like Boris Becker or John McEnroe behind your partners. What are they like colleagues?
They're great and it's one of the things I really enjoy. They accepted me very quickly, they are very nice to me. It is obvious that we are all from one keg and we have something to talk about. We share a huge amount of experience. Working with people like John is a great honor and a joy.

Is he still the tempest as he used to be on the courts?
Working is great. It puts an incredible humor into it. The commentary is relaxed with him, and thanks to him I can more relax. I really like John the most. But on the court? I've been training with him a lot of times and there is the same as he used to be. Something went wrong and he was breaking and throwing rockets. We played some exhibitions against each other and I don't know how I did it, I beat him once and then almost didn't talk to me. (laughter)

"Czechs would fill three fedcup teams"

After your departure and injury of Dominika Cibulkova you actually have nothing to comment on television from the Slovak perspective. Only Viktoria Kužmová is in the first hundred singles. Why is it that Slovak tennis is currently in such a crisis?
I admit that I do not have an overview of our players so that I can adequately comment on this. I do not know what it is, I would have to look at it more if it is preparation or what. But it is true that we are not doing well. Unfortunately, I'm sorry.

But you have to know enough about the Czechs…
Of course I register your girls, they had great results this year and I am very pleased because they are all great babies. Whenever I comment on Czech tennis matches, I say that with such power, three fedcup teams would be able to put together.

Where do you think such a hatchery of Czech women's tennis came from?
In my opinion, it is a technique that has been given to children from an early age. I always say that Czechoslovak tennis has one of the best foundations in the world. I also drew mainly from what my trainer taught me in twelve years in Slovakia. The whole system is well set up.

Let's stop here. When we analyze Czech players in the top 100, we find it difficult to find two female tennis players playing the same game. Aggressive wounder Kvitova, great service manager Pliskova, great moving Strycova. What system do you mean?
That's exactly your strength. Coaches can highlight the talent of each player and adapt the technique and overall game. It's not exactly like in America, just over the copier, everyone is pounding from the baseline and playing power tennis. With you, you can know what the girls do best, support or even improve. You are not killing it with some practice like elsewhere.

Do you think this is a Czech coaching recipe for success?
Certainly and can be seen in some Slovak coaches. Look at Marian Vajda for helping Novak Djokovic. He could capture his strengths and improve them. Growing individuality of individual players is extremely valuable. And in the Czech Republic you can do it great.

Individuality and variety can also be seen in the new wave of young Czechs - Marie Bouzková, Markéta Vondroušová or Karolína Muchová. Which of them do you believe most could be the best?
I don't want to upset any of the girls by saying just one of them. I think they all have a huge chance to shine. Personally, I like Karolína Muchová the most, she is a brave girl and she goes after her. But I also support older Czech girls, whom I still know from the circuit and we were friends.

Twice in your career you managed to beat Karolína Plíšková. It is often said that she still has not won grandslam. Why is she still missing?
With Carolina, it's just a matter of time. She has an amazing game, a fantastic coach. Conchita Martínez is doing a great job with her. I like the attitude that Carolina has to keep improving and working on the game. Above all, she should stop seeing the pressures when the grandslam finally wins and concentrate on herself. I co-commented on some of her matches and showed performances in which we all agreed that if she played the whole tournament like this, grandslam would win. But it has not always worked out in one match.

Your partner John McEnroe on Pliskova during the US Open said that he has the biggest reserves so far in how he handles the key moments of important matches. Moments when she should play something extra. Do you agree with that?
Yes, but that's the thing Conchita can help her with. Spanish tennis was such that the player always wants to squeeze something extra and force the opponent to be the one who messes up the key ball. But I know how difficult it is at such moments and how easy it is to say it now.

Petra Kvitova also wants to add at least one grandslam to her CV, but in the second half of the season she is troubled by health. Do you believe he can still do it?
With Petra, it is clear that if she has a good week, Wimbledon can win tomorrow. Even with it, it will be more complicated and complicated as it is older. Regeneration is slower. But he's a great physician, maybe better than ever before. Her level, when healthy and in shape, is so high that you can't play against it, I know from my own experience.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. November 2019 18:45 

Local Time:
A New Generation of Rulers in Women’s Tennis
The decade belonged to Serena Williams, but its final year belonged to young stars like Ashleigh Barty, Naomi Osaka, Bianca Andreescu and Coco Gauff.
By Christopher Clarey
Nov. 4, 2019

It was once again Serena Williams’s decade, but the last year of the 2010s was not her year, though she made her presence and power felt by reaching two Grand Slam finals.

In 2019, the biggest moments and most prestigious trophies belonged to players much younger than Williams, who turned 38 in September.

The emergence of charismatic teenage talents like Bianca Andreescu and Coco Gauff was reassuring for the future of the sport, whose relevance to younger, entertainment-saturated audiences remains a question mark. But it was bittersweet for all those who would like to see Williams get the emotional and statistical payoff she has been striving for since she returned to work after becoming a mother.

Instead, the 2019 season belonged to the likes of Naomi Osaka, 22, who started strong, winning the Australian Open in January and rose to No. 1 before losing her mojo and finally rebounding to win two titles in October.
It belonged to Andreescu, a versatile 19-year-old Canadian newcomer who believes in the power of meditation and won the prestigious BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, Calif., and later beat Williams to win the United States Open in her first main-draw appearance.

It belonged to Simona Halep, 28, who found form again at just the right time to win her first Wimbledon, routing Williams with a deep-in-the-zone performance in the final.

It belonged, most often it seemed, to Ashleigh Barty, an Australian who is given to talking about tennis in the first-person plural.

“We’ve played some exceptional tennis this year,” she said last week, defying even logic in her desire to recognize her support team, which includes her coach, Craig Tyzzer, and her mental coach, Ben Crowe.

Hitting the shots on her own, she added big-match belief to her formidable and varied tennis skill set and won her first premier-mandatory singles title at the Miami Open and her first Grand Slam singles title at the French Open. She then finished off the WTA season on Sunday by claiming the elite WTA Finals and a record $4.42 million in Shenzhen, China.
“Mentally, I think it finally came together for her,” said Daniela Hantuchova, the former top-five player turned tennis analyst. “We’ve all been there. Everyone tells us how good we are, but we have to believe it ourselves. And she does now.”

Williams won more majors than any woman in the 2000s and the 2010s; only Helen Wills Moody had managed that in two decades, doing it in the 1920s and 1930s.

But the youngsters have clearly arrived. The average age of singles title winners on the tour in 2019 was 23 years 4 months, the youngest average since 2008.

Of the new wave, Barty, Osaka, Andreescu, Gauff and Anisimova seem best equipped to carry the game forward. There are also other candidates, including Bencic, Kenin, Karolina Muchova, Aryna Sabalenka and Dayana Yastremska.

But Williams, despite winning no titles since her return in 2018, has also reached four Grand Slam finals since her return. Against the odds and the current, can she strike one more blow for old time’s sake, for her times’ sake?
“I do hope it happens for her, as a reward for the champion she is,” said Hantuchova, 1-9 versus Williams and now retired at age 36. “But I do believe she should play a few extra tournaments to be able to handle those finals better and so things can come automatically in the big moments.”

'Serena should play extra tournaments to handle Slams better' - Hantuchova
By Eurosport
8 hours agoUpdated 7 hours ago

Daniela Hantuchova has given her views on Serena Williams' schedule and her ability to win Grand Slams ahead of the 2020 season.

The former top-five player turned tennis analyst believes that Williams deserves to win another Grand Slam in her illustrious career.

But Hantuchova thinks the American could benefit from playing more tournaments in 2020 in order to perform better in Slam finals.

"I do hope it happens for her, as a reward for the champion she is,” Hantuchova told the New York Times.

" But I do believe she should play a few extra tournaments to be able to handle those finals better and so things can come automatically in the big moments."
Williams, despite winning no titles since her return in 2018, has reached four Grand Slam finals in that time and will again be one of the favourites to triumph in Melbourne in January.

Hantuchova also shared her thoughts on another Australian Open contender, home favourite Ash Barty, who will finish the year as the world number one.

"Mentally, I think it finally came together for her,” Hantuchova said.

"We’ve all been there. Everyone tells us how good we are, but we have to believe it ourselves. And she does now."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. November 2019 21:10 

Local Time:
In good company with Daniela Hantuchova
09. 10. 2019 08:44

Already on Friday, the documentary series In Good Society continues on RTVS screens for the seventh part . Presenter Jarmila Lajčáková Hragašová presents 10 successful and interesting personalities as we do not know them. This time she came with the crew to the Slovak tennis player and commentator Daniela Hantuchová. More about the show HERE .

She shared the impressions of the time she spent with Daniela Hantuchová in the following lines.

Written by Jarmila Lajčáková Hargašová
"For many years she was one of the most famous and popular dictionaries in the world. She was watched by the media all over the world not only because she reached the fifth ranking. She was also impressed with her beauty and elegance on the court. I felt a strange connection with Daniela Hantuch before I met her personally, and it was clear to me that the long-legged model on the court hides an overly sensitive soul, which complicated her tennis life quite well. A piano player is a lady who can formulate her thoughts brilliantly.

There aren't many athletes in the world who immediately started another after a gaming career. And at the world level. Especially if English is not her native language. It is watched by tens of millions of people around the world. And this time, neither fame nor money changed her. In short - Daniela's priorities are pretty tidy in her head. What were the turning points in her life, what pushed her to where she is today? What was she dreaming about and what her life didn't want? You will learn In the Good Company of Daniela Hantuchová.

Watch In Good Company Friday 22.11. at 22:05 on Jednotke.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. December 2019 20:21 

Local Time:
Hantuchova is ready for a serious relationship: Wedding Planning wants to have the Blue Church!
Yesterday, 10:12 | sport

Let look into their privacy. Tennis star Daniela Hantuchova (36), which a few days ago in Prague been caught on a romantic date with the Czech hockey icon Jaromir Jagr (47) admitted that longs for a large family.

Daniela session RTVS "In Good Company" revealed that you can imagine your wedding day in the Blue Church in Bratislava!
The former fifth player of the world rankings goes to Blue Church whenever Slovakia. "Always when I find the time to just stop here, but also to find a moment for yourself. That life on the road has taught me that if I want to learn something about yourself and in silence. Grandmother used to be close, so I went there often, "said D. Hantuchova and said," Beautiful would be possible to have the wedding right here."

killer relations
Although during their career she survived several romances, all for a large occupancy fail. "The life that you spend with your partner is in the hotel rooms, airports, and it's a killer relations. Everything was about me and it is unhealthy, man suffering from his ego. Real relationship have during their career is almost impossible. I am aware of those things that I've grown in one direction, and now after the career I find what is the real relationship. Then I have to improve in sports, now in something else," she admitted one of the most beautiful sportswomen of the world.

Address the crisis training
Daniela survived during several career and personal crisis. He remembers it especially breakup parents. "I stopped to appreciate some things, such as the first rounds. It has been written about me, that I have anorexia, or I did not know what it is. I have dealt with issues outside even more training. Thus I returned to the top, I forgot where I was, what I was.

She was lonely
For many years the Tour has not managed easily. "At the end of a career, I felt lonely, and very. The hotel room is still the same. Since I finished, even if I do not have a partner, something is lonely, " continued Daniela, from which a successful tennis commentator calls. With 11 years older Jagr has a lot in common. Also, he is a successful athlete and longs for the family. Who knows how the story develops, but can result in the Czech-Slovak love story of the decade!

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. January 2020 18:56 

Local Time:
Could Barty v Kvitova decide the women’s champion?
Author Suzi Petkovski

The AO Legends media call on Monday doubled as an Ash Barty love-in, with many former champions admiring the world No.1’s grace under pressure as she strives to be the first local champion in 42 years.

“She’s obviously one of the favourites, but she’s got a tough one now against Petra Kvitova, who I think is playing great tennis,” says former No.5 Daniela Hantuchova. “It might be one of those two that actually can go all the way.”

Barty takes on last year’s finalist in a reunion quarterfinal on Tuesday, having lost 6-1 6-4 last January to the pure shotmaker. Their 2019 trajectories then shifted, with the Australian winning their next three encounters and vaulting from No.15 to No.1 in a dream season. Kvitova is now the free-swinging underdog, seeded seventh.

Hantuchova, a semifinalist at AO2008 and playing Legends doubles here with Martina Navratilova, likes the way Barty has shouldered the febrile hopes of her nation, the top seed coming through a challenging three-setter against Alison Riske, her Wimbledon conqueror, on Australia Day.

“She’s done a good job,” said the graceful Slovak, a touch player like Barty in her day. “She tried to do all the media stuff at the start of the year and now just being able to focus on the tennis. She’s really hungry for this title and she’s doing all she can to go all the way. So far she’s done an amazing job.

“It’s tough to block it out,” Hantuchova acknowledges of the fervent home hype. “But at the same time it gives you so much energy and motivation as well. You know that everyone is watching you – it’s either helping you or it’s stopping you from playing your best.

“Luckily in Ash’s case, it’s been helping her to perform her best. It’s been great to follow her.”

A mixed doubles champion at all four majors, Hantuchova retired at Wimbledon 2017, her demise perhaps hastened by the power surge in the women’s game, with the likes of Venus and Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka and Kvitova herself ruling the majors. But the willowy, soft-handed Slovak is not surprised to see all-court stylist Barty atop the game.

“I played Ash when she was on the way back, in Eastbourne [2016, Barty’s return to the tour] and I thought she played ridiculous. I told her to just keep going with whatever she was doing. Also I practiced with her when she was 14, 15 and I couldn’t believe the touch she’s got.”

So not surprised. More like delighted.

“I think it’s the best thing that could happen to women’s tennis – to have someone like her on top, because she just proves that it’s not all about power,” Hantuchova adds.

“Also the fact that she’s so humble, she’s so normal. And you can still be the best in the world.”

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. January 2020 16:08 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova: The most valuable journalistic catch? Interview with Kobe Bryant

today 08:35 | 20 years ago arrived Poprad native Daniela Hantuchova at his first Australian Open. He is not qualified. In 2017 he arrived at last. He is not qualified.
Meanwhile, however, just the Melbourne Grand Slam achieve the best balance (29:16) and in 2008 his only Grand Slam semi-Single (over Ivanovic led 6: 0 and 2: 0). In doubles stirred he won one Grand Slam title for Slovakia, won them one in each sites and always with a different partner. Today, 36-year-old television commentator survives atmosphere at all tournaments as a colleague.

How does it feel to resume the tournament alongside legends Martina Navratilova and be on the invitation list among so many stars?
"Amazing tribute, and even Australia, where there is so much of women's legends. I appreciate to be in such company. Martin admire as you hold the performance and character, with her hand on the network is Volleys infallible. "

Who actually working in Melbourne?
"I commented particularly on Amazon. Last year was just right on the ATP Tour, now acquired the rights to the WTA Tour. Grand slams doing at the various stations, now the Fox Sports Asia and Tennis Australia. "

You rushed you to comment with the same enthusiasm as ever in tennis?
"Exactly the same passion and one hundred percent. The Amazone is very prestigious job, is it of great interest and I have a lot of preparation and study that I did not disappoint. I was the only one of the non-English environment and performance have supported with discipline and quality. The hardest marathon hours in the night when - unlike tennis training - you have a chance to say no. Now is equivalent to 30-membered team. I hate sitting over a pile of statistics, rather comment on the individual situation and the feelings of the position players. "

How often do you get home?
"Now more often. I enjoy the holidays with your family more often and Sunday lunch, when I was in Slovakia, normal nice time that I once could. A New Year will not have to rush to prepare for Australia. "

As the legend play competition, you need to keep in shape and possibly train. How often do you take a racket in your hand?
"I have to admit, not often. The last time I played this competition at Wimbledon, since so much is not. No condition keep watch over the other way, exercise, sport, I like golf, skiing. After Melbourne but obviously I'll handle the racket more and here and there I play and leisure. "

Does not pull you back to the courts, when you see that 38-year-old Serena Williams still plays the announced return mother of three Kim Clijsters?
"Truly he does not pull. My cup was filled, I celled. Ending a career I opened the door to other opportunities, activities, and you can fully enjoy. Clijsters pace surprised me, because already achieved a lot. It's not for me. From the menu you choose, so I had time for themselves. Yet he does not pull me not to train someone. "

Women's Tennis is now very open, Serena Williams already dominates, and many favoritiek here povypadávalo. How do you perceive? Who here can win?
"Once was a different approach to the trainer to the duties stronger relationship with sport, play and training. Today, many young people will play what they need, and rush to the phone, tablet, have other interests. Look for Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, how they are related to tennis. From player wore that still remain in the tournament, I think it gives the trophy winner of the match Barty - Kvitova, but is also dangerous Halep. The year after injury a Grand Slam title win and Muguruzová, but I am not sure now. "

Not you sad that comment on matches Slovakia, let alone that they?
"Yes, it's sad, I'd commented singles with our participation. Last year I commented least Wimbledon Filip Polasek. "

In 2012 you played with Philip Mix at Wimbledon now leads him Leos Friedl with which you won the title in 2001. What do you say to Filipov second tennis life?
"It's amazing what he could. In my opinion a bit too because it was so long outside of tennis. Now he is in fact re-possessed, hungry for victories. Many times they do not realize how beautiful tennis moment brings, friends, travel, atmosphere, and this has to Philip, perhaps even missing. Now out of that looking forward is more relaxed, it has nothing to lose, while the more experienced, and knows exactly what to do. "

What is your most valuable journalistic catch most memorable interview?
"Interview with Kobe Bryant last year at the US Open in New York."

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. February 2020 15:54 

Local Time:
'Adding the experience of gaming parties. ' Hantuchova wants to end career after the break as commentator

At the Grand Slam tournaments she can still meet, although already in a different role than before. Former tennis player the world's top five, winner of the Fed Cup and Hopman Cup, Daniela Hantuchova, trying to make it as a television commentator. And the experience that has accumulated during a career fans are now trying to pass during transmissions.
Author Jaroslav Plasil

Melbourne 18:21 February 1, 2020

You could hear it must be in a television studio at the US Open, when a year and a half back to evaluate sensational win over Carolina Muchova star contemporary Australian Open Garbine Muguruza or other transmissions.

English Daniela Hantuchova accompanies fans regularly matches at tennis tournaments, although the former world top player admits that he was especially difficult in the beginning to talk differently than in the vernacular.

"I'm so tired tonight, that you can not imagine how happy I am when I speak Slovak. It does not seem so, but that's a different language, it's even more challenging. I had to get used to it. It was hard for me and that I was doing an individual sport all day by myself and now I adapt třicetičlennému team, " says Hantuchova for Advice.

But that's Daniela Hantuchova handles it proves that comments often. And it also can look forward to feedback from fans.

"I am a proponent of defending players. When the spoils of the ball, and explaining why. I know how it was uncomfortable for me, so I try to be on the players. When you play poorly, it is obviously necessary to say it, but I try to explain why these things are happening on the court, " said Hantuchova.

"I am not such that I had before me a pile of statistics on the table. Rather, I look at what is happening on the pitch, adding the experience of the player's side. Preparations to do, yes, but then I try to perceive more of the game, " she adds.

A specific example of such may be worth what you could tell the fans when commenting matches Petra Kvitova, which was previously played.

"In addition to Madrid, where I won only because they made a lot of mistakes, I had to Petya always feel that I'm just picking up balls. I had absolutely no chance," recalls Hantuchova.

Even now he still occasionally plays Daniela Hantuchova. The speed balls definitely not like that, but that is something to admire, the court must prove to its regular teammates in Grand Slam competitions legend Martina Navratilova.

"It's amazing how it still has in hand. All from it have something to learn. It is of course still in great shape. Is a motivation for us all to see it, " said Daniela Hantuchova, a former world class tennis player and commentator today also.

@ google translate

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 75  Next