Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 8. May 2008 13:43 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:35
Thanks for the translation, Albi. Unfortunately there is nothing what we didn't know before (as usually I might add).

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. May 2008 14:25 

Local Time:
Here is another one from Italy. Much more interesting, espacially the end. ;)
Never heard something like this from her.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. May 2008 22:47 

Local Time:
It's true... the first article wasn't very interesting. I'll read and translate the second one tomorrow... played a lot today >> Albi tired ;)

°•.•°o.O ⓓⓐⓝⓘⓔⓛⓐ ⓗⓐⓝⓣⓤ©ⓗⓞⓥⓐ .•° °•. ⓙⓤⓢⓣⓘⓝⓔ ⓗⓔⓝⓘⓝ O.o°•.•°
°•. ⓕⓔⓓⓔⓡⓔⓡ ⓜⓤⓡⓡⓐⓨ ©ⓘⓑⓤⓛⓚⓞⓥⓐ ⓢ©ⓗⓘⓐⓥⓞⓝⓔ ⓖⓐⓤⓓⓘⓞ ⓙⓞⓗⓐⓝⓢⓢⓞⓝ .•°

"I have a weak spot for Italians for whatever reason" - Daniela
"Oh really? I have a weak spot for top 50, Slovakian tennis players" - Albi

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. May 2008 23:51 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:35
wow! thanks albi for that mile long translation!
i kinda thought the article was interesting. daniela brought up some good points.

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. May 2008 01:24 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 18:35
http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogquotidiani.net%2Ftennis%2F%3Fp%3D1268&langpair=it%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8
In related news that actually led me to the article, today Daniela attended the Gilles Simon - Simone Bolelli match this afternoon. The good news is that she was off crutches, a sign of progress in her recovery. The connection between her and the 22-year old obscure Italian is that they both share the same trainer Marco Panichi. Well, that's the only connection we know for sure, speculation will certainly arise when she's seen in the box of another player roughly her age.

Thanks to kallur83 at Tennis Forum for the heads up on the article.

I saw the first two games of the Roddick-Bollelli match, the guy is darn hawt (most Italian players are lol) :mrgreen: Simone is 3 years younger than her

Hrdá fanynka Daniely Hantuchovej

Profile YIM

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 9. May 2008 21:14 

Local Time:
I saw the first two games of the Roddick-Bollelli match, the guy is darn hawt (most Italian players are lol) :mrgreen: Simone is 3 years younger than her

Bolelli is also a good player, probably the best of our Italians... he's improved a lot this year and has a good GOOD game, last week he played the final against Gonzalez and nearly won (3 sets)

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. May 2008 18:20 

Local Time:
Thanks albi for the great translation.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. May 2008 11:40 

Local Time:
Here is another one from Italy. Much more interesting, espacially the end. ;)
Never heard something like this from her.

Wow ! Daniela talks about the ideal man, she says she wants two children etc. :P I didn't understand everything but I speak French and Spanish. And Italian is a roman language too...

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. May 2008 15:07 

Local Time:
Sorry people, I promised i would translate the article but I've lacked the time during the week.... I guess it's time for a bit o practice.... ;)

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 18. May 2008 23:22 

Local Time:
She's one of the most talented (and sexiest) tennis players in the world. Vanity Fair asked her how she imagines her life beyond tennis. And she has a few ideas...

Daniela Hantuchova is without any doubt a girl who's got the numbers. So many numbers that we might play Lotto with'em (it is a joke... you won't be able to understand it unless you are Italian): 181 cm of height (112 of legs), number 9 in the ranking, 7 hours of training every day, seven days a week, more than 5 million dollars (only in prizes) earned in her 8 years of career, an hundred bags - "they're my obsession" - in her 2 houses of Bratislava and Montecarlo, hundred miles on 'frequent flyer' cards because she's always travelling (and doesn't have much time left to spend in those houses).
What distinguishes her from the modern generation prototype of tennis player, with the mind of a terminator and the body of a fashion model?
Two things above all: the absence of tennis-oriented parents - "they always encouraged me to continue my studies, I practiced in the morning between 6 and 7, because I had school afterwards, and they used to take me away (by force) from the courts in the afternoons because they wanted me to finish my homework" - and the fact that she doesn't use makeup during matches - "It's annoying, melts, it distracts me".

A player like you is a rarity, these days
Maybe. I have to thank my parents for keeping me 'down to earth' and teaching me that life isn't only about tennis. I felt in love with the sport at the age of 5, watching Miroslav Mecir winning the Seoul Olympics on tv. I started training with my grandmother Helena (a former tennsi champion). One year later I won my first match: my opponent was nine and I was so happy that from that moment I decided to live my life for this sport.
Since then, playing is the only things that matters. All the rest - showing off, gossip - leaves me totally undifferent.

But you have been victim of heavy gossip
Exactely. 2003 has been an hard, hard year for me. The previous year I reached n.5 in the rankings and, because of this, I felt a lot of pressure. I started training harder and lost a lot of weight. When I arrived at Wimbledon, the British tabloids started publshinga lot of bullshits about me (they called her 'the skeleton') and, from that moment on, we started hearing rumors about a possible anorexia. It wasn't true, but it took me a year to stop all this talk and, meanwhile, I felt down to n.54 in the rankings.

How does it feel to reach the bottom at the age of 21?
You learn that nothing can be perfect in life. You grow up. Anyway, I always tried not to get carried away with success. A lot of people around me change with success, they think they are somebody else. Also, in tennis fame can fade in a short amount of time... but many people don't realize it.

It seems like you don't get along with some of your colleagues
I try to be kind with everyone, but some of them don't even say 'hello' when you ,eet them, even if you see them every day. When I started playing on the tour I couldn't believe it.

Maybe they do because they're very competitive
I don't believe it. And, anyway, it's useless. My best friend on tour is the japanese player Ai Sugiyama. Sure, it's not easy to be on court against her, but beating her is my job and it's the same for her.

There seems to be an 'aesthetical competition' going on
I don't know, I don't really care about it. I don't even pay much attention to what I wear on court: Nike decides for me. The only time I thought my skirt was a bit too short was in Doha, Qatar, against Kournikova: the male crowd screamed so loud that it seemed like a zoo. That situation couldn't have been called tennis.

Do you have better relationships with male tennis players?
It's easier because men are able to be great rivals on court, and great friends off court at the same time, which is something I admire. Many of them are also very beautiful (?????). But I don't want a tennis player as a boyfriend: we would end up talking about sports all the time.

How do you imagine your perfect man, then? ---> here comes the interesting part :P
Italian, if possible. :mrgreen: Italian boys are gentlemen. And they're always dressed so well.. He should have blue eyes :mrgreen: and dark, medium lenght hair. There are so many boys like this in Italy. When I play in Rome, it's always very difficult not to look up in the crowd.

What goes on in your mind while you're walking on court?
That I'm about to make something that is the maximum expression of myself. And that can make those who watch it happy. You know, maybe someone has had an horrible day and watching a match can help him. I think it's true, or at least I like to think it. Sorry but I have to go now: I still have the last two hours of practice left.

I feel tired for you.
Thank you. Most of the people don't have an idea of how demanding this sport is. At my level it takes up my whole life, 24 hours a day 7 days a week and you have to give up everything else. Everything.

Did you ever regret starting this career?
Wellm when you're in the 21st airport in two months, you can have a few doubts. And when you but a new beautiful car and, after an year, you realize that you've never had a single occasion to drive it, you start asking yourself several questions.
But no, I don't regret it. It's a privilege after all, and I'm aware of it.

What will you do after your career?
It will be time for the true life: a job (in fashion, maybe), an husband, two children.

What about fifteen years?
Are you joking? I hope it ends sooner

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. May 2008 01:50 

Local Time:
Thank you very much, Albi. Very interesting. :P

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. May 2008 02:11 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:35
thanks Albi!! :D :D that was a great interview, it was much more interesting to read then a lot of the interviews. There was a lot more information that i had never heard her talk about (like her choice in boys :D !!)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. May 2008 18:42 

Local Time:
Thank you so much for translating Albi. My Italian isn't really good - it would have taken hours to understand the original text.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. May 2008 18:58 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:35
Cheers Albi for all of the translations :)

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

hellene fan
PostPosted: 19. May 2008 19:36 

Local Time:
thanks albi,great effort.
first i hear danka to speak about mens liking
tasteful woman

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75  Next