Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 157  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Latest News from dhantuchova.com
PostPosted: 2. November 2012 13:49 

Local Time:
|27. June 2024| 22:34
Sofia Blog: Thursday

2012-11-01
Hello again everyone :)

Well, I thought both Caroline and I played a great match today, and it was very close, but unfortunately I didn't win. It was one of those days where you're playing great and giving your best but it's just not meant to happen. The fact that I won more points in the match shows how many chances I had - but I can take a lot of positives out of it, like it was 100% better for me than the match before, and the crowd enjoyed it and gave us so much support, which meant a lot.

The fans in Sofia are great. They've been so nice to me all week and I feel very welcome here. I think they've really been getting into the matches and I'm sure over the weekend it will be even more packed here. It's the first year of the tournament being here and I think people are starting to really realize it's a great event to have here in Bulgaria - and hopefully it will bring more attention to tennis in the country and more kids will pick up a racquet and start playing this sport!

Oh and also, I had a day off yesterday and I went to the Slovak embassy, and we met the Slovak ambassador and spent some time with him. It was nice to go there, when you're in another country it always feels like going home :)

Today was quite a late night for me, as the matches went very long today, but now I'm back and I'm going to try and recover as much as I can for the last match of the season tomorrow. There's no pressure so I will enjoy it!

One other thing I need to mention - obviously it's all over the news. I want to say how sad it is to see what has happened in the US with Hurricane Sandy. It's so unfortunate what they have had to deal with, not just what happened when it hit, but everything that's happening now, all of the damage and millions without power. I've been watching it very closely. New York is one of my favorite places in the world. The people there are wonderful and I hope they can recover...

Thanks for all of your fan questions too - I'll do a few more now.

Love,

Dani

Will you come to Monterrey in 2013? Fede, Mexico
I've absolutely loved spending time in Mexico, not just playing the tournament in Monterrey but also training in San Luis Potosi. I love the people there and the food is just fantastic, of course. I would love to come back there soon!

How does it feel to play against a friend like Caroline? Mari, Japan
Caroline is a great friend of mine. We enjoy practicing together and trying to improve our games. But when we are on the court we don't give anything to each other - we just give everything and fight hard. It's all about the win.

Do you do yoga or any other stretching exercises? Sandy
I do love yoga very, very much. I also love my adidas yoga outfits for it because they are amazing and make it more enjoyable! But yoga is not only enjoyable for the body, but the mind too. I started really getting into it a couple of years ago and I try to do it as much as I can. It helps me keep fit and healthy.

What tension do you usually use on your racquets? JC, London
Hi JC - well, it usually depends on the balls, the surface, and like here, the altitude. For instance, here I'm stringing 6kg more than usual because of how much the balls are flying. But it varies depending on where you are.

What is your favorite city to visit in the USA? Alex, USA
Obviously New York is my favorite, and like I mentioned earlier, I feel so sorry for what has happened there. As for other places, I love California - especially the San Diego area. Rancho Santa Fe as well. I just love being out there, not just for tennis, but also golf, surfing... And of course, Indian Wells will be a special place for me for the rest of my life. And I really enjoy Miami too.

How much do you practice, and do you enjoy media activities? Erik
All of my training depends whether I'm in a tournament week or not - of course it's more when I'm not at a tournament and less when I'm playing a tournament. It can go up and down and there are a lot of factors, but in general it's four hours of tennis and two hours of fitness. As for the media activities, I enjoy them more in my training weeks and weeks off, just because in a tournament I try to stay focused on the matches as much as possible - but it's a part of my job and I've gotten more used to it after all these years, so it's all fine!

What's the court speed and texture like in Sofia? Torben
That's actually a very good question. The first thing is the altitude - it's about 600m here, so it's kind of like Madrid, where the balls are flying really fast. It makes it very hard to control your shots, so I think that's why in the first few matches here the rallies weren't that long. On the other hand, the court surface is quite slow, so overall it's tricky, because when the ball comes slowly, it can just stop; but then you have to be careful not to overhit it. But aside from that, the stadium is beautiful and we all have our own locker rooms, personalized cars and so on, and we're all really enjoying everything here :)

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. November 2012 15:59 

Local Time:
Sofia Blog: Friday

2012-11-02
Well it was a long match again today, and in the end the same thing as yesterday - I just couldn't finish it off when I had my chances. But overall I have to say I was happy about this week. Other than my first match I felt like I was playing well, the match with Caroline being the highlight. And I was very impressed by the tournament in general - they did a terrific job and treated us awesome. The crowds were great too. I always felt they were behind me.

And the shops here are really cute too. One day I went for a walk in the city - the hotel is right in the center, so it's close to everything - and right near the hotel was a Lindt shop! I was there almost every day picking up sweets for family and friends. They already had their Christmas stuff out so I really had to force myself not to go all the time! I love Lindt - the red ones are my favorite.

I really hope to be back in Sofia one day :)

I'm leaving tomorrow - well, in a few hours actually! I won't get much sleep, but I have holidays in front of me where I can catch up on sleep. It has been a great week. It was fun having my mom and the rest of my family here as well - and my coach - and just everyone who organized the event. The level was so high.

Before I do some more of your questions I want to say thank you for reading my blog this week - it was a pleasure to do it and as always I have to thank all of you for all the support you give me, not just this week but all year.

I appreciate every single one of you!! I'll talk to you all again soon :)

Dani

What was your best match of 2012? Julie
Hmm... I would have to say against Peng Shuai in Dubai. That was a long time ago actually! But that was the best I've felt in a match all year. I judge matches on how I play and how I fight, and that was the best one.

As your brother is an architect, do you have favorite buildings? Jason
Good question! I absolutely love architecture, actually. I totally admire the way he's been designing houses and villas and apartments - we're actually very similar as far as what we like. I love fashion and decorating, and I think there's a lot of similarities. But to answer your question, I do have favorite buildings around the world. I'm always amazed when we're in Rome - the Pantheon is incredible, and of course the Colosseum. But also modern places like New York, Singapore and Hong Kong have great architecture as well.

How is the House Of The Smile in Cambodia doing? You deserve so much commendation for this loving effort. Alex, USA
Thank you for the very kind words, that's very sweet of you! It's growing all the time. Hopefully I'll be doing the calendar again next year. Me and my brother had a great reason to get behind it and we just try to help the kids as much as we can. It gives me so much energy when I'm in the gym or playing a match, that the better I do, the better they do. Thank you for asking about it.

What tournaments will you play in Australia? Jessica, Australia
I'm playing in Brisbane, Sydney then Melbourne. I'm really looking forward to being Down Under for sure! I love the Australian season.

How do you manage your diet when you're travelling so much? Elwin
I try to be as professional as I can all the time, but sometimes it's just common sense - like I just stay away from heavy food and fried stuff, especially when I'm at tournaments. But when I'm out of competition I eat more of what I like. I do have a weakness for sweet stuff, obviously! It can be difficult, but I'm professional in everything I do - I'm there to do my work at the end of the day.

How do you feel about tennis development in Slovakia? Mark
I really think tennis has grown over the years in Slovakia. We have had a lot of strong players in the past and so many talented kids, so I hope a lot of Slovak players will be in the Top 100 and Top 50 in the future. The facilities may not be as big as some other countries, but for a small country we've done extremely well, and I'm always proud to represent my country, especially in team competition. Speaking of which... tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of us winning the Fed Cup title in Spain! It was a very special moment for not only myself but the entire team I was there with. I was very, very proud, it's probably one of the biggest highlights of my career so far. The memories will stay with me forever.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. December 2012 20:32 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
50 minutes ago
Hello from South America! I can't believe it's been 15 years since the last time I was playing in this part of the world and I'm very excited to be in Bogota for the first time!! The people are fantastic here and treat us so well, and it's always fun to explore new places and come to a country I've never had a chance to visit before. I hope you all have a great day, all the best from Colombia!
@ Daniela's facebook

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. December 2012 01:53 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
7 hours ago
It was an incredible experience coming to Colombia for the first time. I have never experienced crowds like this in my entire career, so much noise and emotions from the fans - it was a lot of fun to play in front of them. And it was obviously a huge honor to be part of Roger's South American tour! The guys played an incredible singles match and it was a privilege to be able to watch it live! Gracias por todos Colombia :)) Hope to be back soon! With love, Dani.
@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. December 2012 16:34 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
16 hours ago
It was so nice to start the new season with a good win yesterday! I was really looking forward to being on the court and finally playing a competitive match after the pre-season :) And it's always nice to be back in a place that brings so many nice memories from last year... I love being in Australia!! Who doesn't right? Best food, best people and best weather! And surfing :)
@ Daniela's facebook

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2013 16:02 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
11 hours ago
I'm so happy with my win over Sara yesterday - she is a great player and it was a very good match from both of us. We were both fighting for every point - I'm just so happy to be on the court playing competitive matches again! It was a great way to start the year. With love, Dani :)

Daniela Hantuchová
9 hours ago
I had a great doubles win with Kata today as well, and it's nice to be in the first semis of the year together!
@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. January 2013 19:53 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
5 hours ago
Maria Kirilenko and me... is our real job 24/7 training and sweating'….

.. and this is how we would like to dress… which one u guys like better?
It´s great to be back in Pattaya where I have been so successful the last two years and have so many wonderful memories winning both titles.

@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2013 19:58 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
3 hours ago
Won first round... Ready for more matches. All the best from PTT Pattaya Open! Thank you once again for your support.
@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2013 00:43 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
15 hours ago
Hi! Our Fed Cup Team at official dinner in Serbia.. It's always great to be part of the team competition and not playing only for yourself but for the entire team and our country! with love dani.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2013 01:36 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
3 hours ago
We did it! Thank you so much for your support. . Photo: Srdjan Stevanovic

Daniela Hantuchová
41 minutes ago
Nothing gets better on the tennis court then winning an important match for your country!
So proud to be part of it and representing Slovakia and making it into the semis of Fed Cup!pomeeeee:))!'

Daniela Hantuchová
39 minutes ago
We have had a fantastic weekend here in Serbia and it´s a honor to be in this wonderfull Team!!
Thanks to all of them for their great support and all the Slovak fans back at home!
You make it all very special for all of us!! dakujeme!!

@ Daniela's facebook

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2013 17:35 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
Tuesday
'What a weekend we had with our entire team and it was my honor to be part of it! After all day traveling yesterday just won my first match today here in doha which I´m happy about because of completely different conditions. Here coming from indoors in winter to play outside, so had no time to get used to it.. Tomorrow singles and doubles! Good night everbody and thanks for all the support over the weekend!! specially to all my Slovak fans-dakujeeeem:)))!!'

@ Daniela's facebook

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. March 2013 18:18 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
World Tennis Day. Happy Tennis day to everybody!! It´s the most beautiful sport in the world. I wouldn´t change doing it for anything else!!! I feel so privileged and blessed to be able to do what I love doing!! Dani
Like · · Share · 2 hours ago

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2013 02:33 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová shared WTA's photo.
3 hours ago
Proud to be involved with this important initiative.
WTA & USANA Health Sciences Inc. launch 'Champions for Change' in support of USANA True Health Foundation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2013 19:46 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
11 hours ago
Hey guys, we had a fun day with Anabel in the @BNPPARIBASOPEN doubles today! Thank you all for all your kind messages. It means so much to me your support which keeps me motivated to improve every day!!
With love from my favourite part of the world!
@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. March 2013 18:31 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
4 hours ago
Enjoy the shot of the day, last Saturday at the BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells:

@ Daniela's facebook

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 157  Next