Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 157  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Latest News from dhantuchova.com
PostPosted: 21. May 2012 16:08 

Local Time:
|27. June 2024| 22:13
Daniela Hantuchová
Saturday
Congraaaaats to our boys in the Hockey World Championships! It is an incredible achievement and we are all soooooo proud of them!!! One more step to go... pomeeee :)

Daniela Hantuchová
21 hours ago
Commoooon guys, the entire country is behind you tonight!! I'm so proud of you all!!

@ Daniela's facebook.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

ITF Player
PostPosted: 22. May 2012 18:55 

Local Time:
At last news from Dani on Twitter..... :D :D

I'm very sorry to say I've had to pull out from the French Open as well.

I was doing everything possible to be back for Paris but it was just impossible and too soon for the stress fracture to be healed 100%..
I'll do my best to be ready for the grass court season, which I'm really looking forward to. I can't wait to be back on the court competing!
It's been a difficult few weeks. As an athlete you want the injuries to disappear in a few days but unfortunately it doesn't go like that.

Thanks for all your support and I hope to be back soon!

Love, Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. May 2012 00:23 

Local Time:
Out Of Roland Garros...

2012-05-22
Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to say I've had to pull out from the French Open as well...

I was doing everything possible to be back and ready for Paris but it was just impossible and too soon for the stress fracture to be healed 100%. It has been a difficult few weeks, having to be really smart and not rush anything. Being an athlete you want the injuries to disappear in a few days but unfortunately it doesn't go like that...

more @

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2012 00:04 

Local Time:
Dani Back In Birmingham

2012-06-13
After missing the entire clay court season due to a foot injury, Daniela made a return to the WTA at the AEGON Classic in Birmingham on Wednesday, though it wasn't a winning return, as she fell to Melinda Czink, 75 76(5).

Daniela hadn't played a WTA tournament since Miami in March but was close to victory in both sets in her comeback match, holding 5-3 leads in both sets and even having five set points in the first set. But the Hungarian won.

"I was really looking forward to finally playing a competitive match again," Daniela said. "I'm just happy to be back. I know it'll take a while. It's just nice to be back on the court and play some competitive points again, even if I didn't win."

Daniela will now head to Eastbourne, where she was a semifinalist last year.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. July 2012 18:21 

Local Time:
Hello From Los Angeles!

2012-07-11
Hello from Los Angeles everyone :)

I just went to the ESPN party at the Belasco Theater here in LA, and it was really a lot of fun. I love this part of the world, especially Manhattan Beach, which is my most favorite place to spend time at while I'm in LA.

I always enjoy coming back to California. I's where I've played some of my best tennis. It's a very special place to me.

I'll get back to you again tomorrow after the ESPY Awards!!

Thanks for all of your support as always and I'll write again very soon!

Love, Dani

Daniela Hantuchová
41 minutes ago
Hi everyone :) I just went to the ESPN party here in LA, which was very exciting and a lot of fun. I love this part of the world, especially Manhattan Beach, which is my favorite place to spend time at while I'm in LA. I always enjoy coming back to California because it's where I've played some of my best tennis and it's a very special place to me.

And here is the link to the interview:

I'll get back to you tomorrow after the ESPY Awards. With love, Dani

@ Daniela's facebook

ESPN: The Body Issue

2012-07-11
Showing that you don't have to choose between killer instinct on the tennis court and killer looks off of it, Dani has become one of the latest star athletes to pose for ESPN Magazine: The Body Issue, an annual magazine that has been running since 2009 that features all kinds of athletes sharing their stories, sans-clothes.

"I'm always open to new opportunities, so I figured why not?" Daniela said. "I wanted to do it with class and not show too much of anything, but as an athlete, I'm pretty confident about my body, so I guess I'm not afraid of anything."

Among the topics Daniela discusses are getting started in tennis, what keeps her passion burning in the sport, the physical challenges she has to endure, and of course her training, her nutrition and - the subject of the magazine - her body.

Daniela is also asked whether she has ever felt self-conscious about her body. "Absolutely not," she says. "I think I was so focused on tennis and trying to win, as well as school and piano, that there was never really time to think about that."

This is the fourth time a professional tennis star has been featured in ESPN Magazine: The Body Issue, after James Blake and Serena Williams (in the inaugural issue in 2009) and Vera Zvonareva (in 2011).

Read the full interview with Daniela by clicking here.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. July 2012 22:09 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
2 hours ago
Hey guys - I had so much fun last night at the ESPYs! It was fun seeing so many great athletes under one roof and it's always great to be in LA. Looove the city! Here are a few photos...

@ Daniela's facebook

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. July 2012 16:40 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
16 hours ago
What an exciting time to be back in London for the Olympic Games! It is the biggest privilege to compete for my country on this stage, and it couldn't be at a more wonderful place than the grounds of Wimbledon. It doesn't get better than this!

And what an incredible opening ceremony tonight... super cool!!

@ Daniela's facebook

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2012 00:38 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
28 minutes ago
Hi everyone :) I played great today, especially winning 10 games in a row to finish the match, which felt awesome. I'm just really pleased to be here and playing for my country at this very special place.

Thank you all so much for your support and all the best from London! Love, Dani :)

@ Daniela's facebook

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. August 2012 23:10 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
Yesterday
Hey guys! It's so great to be back in Montreal, one of my favourite cities. It always brings back so many great memories. I love playing here :)
@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. August 2012 17:00 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
14 hours ago
Check out this video of me at the Taste of Tennis event
@ Daniela's facebook

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. October 2012 18:52 

Local Time:
Hello from Linz! It's always nice to come back to a place where I've won the tournament before and share the nice memories with my mum and my coach Nico. I can't believe it's been 5 years already!! Time goes fast :))

Daniela Hantuchová
10 hours ago
@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2012 17:02 

Local Time:
The 10th Anniversary!

2012-10-20
It was a special week for Daniela in Luxembourg this week, as she was competing at the indoor tournament for the 10th time in her career - and the tournament prepared a very special night for her, presenting her gifts - as well as a cake.

"It was nice to be in another semifinal in Luxembourg, which I was playing for the 10th time - and the tournament prepared a wonderful surprise evening for me, the 'anniversary'. It was very, very kind, and I appreciated it very much!"

This year was Daniela's second-best performance at the event, reaching the semifinals - she was a finalist in 2007, falling to Ana Ivanovic in three sets. She has also reached the quarterfinals four other times, in 2000, 2002, 2008 and 2009.

Daniela Hantuchová
Yesterday
Hi everyone! Here's a photo of me with the 'El Romeos' band from the player party dinner in Luxembourg on Monday evening. We enjoyed it very much - it was great fun! :)

Daniela Hantuchová
20 hours ago
Hi everyone! It was nice to be in another semifinal in Luxembourg, which I was playing for the 10th time this year. The tournament prepared a wonderful surprise evening for me earlier in the week, the 'anniversary', which I thought was very, very kind, and I appreciated it very much! I've uploaded a few photos from the evening...

@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. October 2012 13:58 

Local Time:
Sofia Blog: Sunday

2012-10-28
Hello everyone, it's nice to be back blogging again :)

First of all, I want to say it was definitely a nice surprise to qualify for this tournament - I didn't expect it and it happened at the last moment, and it's a big bonus for me at the end of the year. Last week I had a very good tournament in Luxembourg, and I thought that was where I'd finish the year, so to get at least three more matches is great. I want as many matches as I can get under my belt. I missed two or three months of the season this year so I'm not really tired!

I came here yesterday with my brother and my coach, and my mom is coming tomorrow as well. We didn't really know what to expect - I've only ever been to Bulgaria once before and it wasn't Sofia, it was Plovdiv for a Fed Cup tie. But I was really looking forward to getting to know Bulgaria a bit more and I have to say I'm very impressed! The city is great. It reminds me a bit of Bratislava, it's the same kind of vibe. And also the organization of the tournament is fantastic. The people are trying very hard to make us feel welcome here.

Among the things they've been doing for us are giving each of us our own locker rooms (and they're really nice) and personalized cars with our names on them, and our own drivers too (I've attached a picture of my car... very cool!)

I've also practiced twice at the stadium. It's a great stadium - it's brand new and seats I think 10,000 people. I hope a lot of fans will come and support us!

I've already done some off-court things here, including just this evening, I did a live one-on-one interview on a TV show here in Bulgaria, it's the most viewed TV show here with two million viewers every week, I think. The interviewer was a very experienced guy, and the set was kind of like Larry King Live. It was really fun! I've attached a few photos from that here in the blog, just below...

I have to tell you one more thing, it's about the time change on the weekend... so, I was coming from home, and it's one hour behind here, but then last night the time changed an hour back, so when I woke up I thought it was 9am, and with technology you don't really know if the mobiles are changing the time themselves, so I went to the gym thinking I had enough time... but I didn't, it was really 10, and I had to ask five people what time it was. So confusing!

Am I alone on this?

Oh and I also went to see Skyfall the other day, and it was another great James Bond movie. I love James Bond movies, and I really enjoyed this one.

There's quite a bit going on tomorrow - the draw, some photographs in the morning, more media activities... so I'll have a lot to talk about!

I just had a hit with Caroline and now I'm hoping to get some good sushi...

Thanks for reading guys and talk to you all again tomorrow :)

Love,

Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. October 2012 11:34 

Local Time:
Sofia Blog: Monday

2012-10-29
Hello again everyone! Obviously today was a busy day - we had a lot of media stuff, starting with the official picture of all of us together. They were planning to do it outside in front of the cathedral, but it was pouring with rain so we did it inside. After that we had the official draw ceremony and the All-Access Hour. It was a very busy morning! Afterwards I had lunch with my brother and my coach, then went to the site, where I practiced on the main stadium and on the other court as well. I'm playing tomorrow, so obviously I have to be ready :)

The field is really strong - that's what Stacey was also talking about today, that it might be the strongest field we've ever had at the Tournament Of Champions. It's very, very strong. Every opponent is going to be really tough and every match very open - the best thing about this is it's going to be very exciting for the fans!

Speaking of the fans, I heard people saying they're already sold out for the weekend, which would be great - and the stadium is fantastic too, which I said yesterday. Hopefully by having this tournament here, tennis in Bulgaria will become more popular and more kids will pick up racquets and play tennis. And if we can help promote tennis here in any way, it's always a good feeling.

My mom arrived today so now I have a lot of family and good people around me here. It feels nice to have so much support. Tonight we went to dinner - we went to the same place as yesterday and had some nice sushi. I have to say, the food here is amazing, not just at the hotel but also the restaurants. We have been very impressed by the city and I'm sure it will be a great week!

I have my first match tomorrow. I'm happy I can be the first match to start the tournament - I'm really looking forward to being on the court, and I hope as many fans as possible come out tomorrow to support all of us!

Have a good night :)

Love,

Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. October 2012 01:08 

Local Time:
Sofia Blog: Tuesday

2012-10-30
Well, unfortunately I didn't win today, but I thought Roberta played a really great match. She dominated in every department. In the first set she hardly made any mistakes. All the credit to her for the way she played, and I thought she really deserved to win. I couldn't find the answers to change the match around, but it's a match I have to learn from and move onto the next one. I have a day off now and I'll get on the practice court and work on the things I need to work on!

I also want to say I have so much respect for Roberta. I've known her for a long time - the first time we played each other was in the Under 12s, and I always knew she had so much talent. She has some of the best feel and touch on the tour right now, and it's nice to see a player like her doing so well when everyone else is focusing on power and strength. She really uses all the shots in the game. Today she just played awesome and gave me a lesson.

She has had such a great year - I thought for many years she would be achieving all of this, and now she is. I'm really happy for her!

Thank you for all of your questions, keep them coming! I'll answer a few now before going to bed... and I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

Love,

Dani

Do you still practice the piano regularly, and would you ever start a second career as a pianist? Bas
Thank you for asking about that! I don't have much time now because of all of the travelling we do, and obviously it's hard to travel with a piano, but I would love to start playing more. It's a great way to relax - you can turn your thinking off completely and just play. Maybe when I retire I'll get back into it more. I regret stopping after I stopped music school - I definitely want to start again!

What is your favorite place to have a vacation? John, Canada
Definitely Cape Town, South Africa. But Rome as well. I do love being in Monte Carlo too. There are a lot of beautiful places in the world :)

What is your best memory of the 2012 season? Ryan
The Olympics. It's the reason I started to play tennis. And after the injury I had, just being able to compete there meant so much to me - I wasn't sure I'd be back in time. And also the match against Li Na in the first round, to beat someone so tough... and also because it was at Wimbledon... so many reasons! If I had to pick another moment this year it would be when we qualified for the World Group in Fed Cup, after our tie with Spain. That was great for us.

What is your biggest goal for 2013? Carl, Wales
I just try to give my best every single day. Throughout the years I haven't been putting pressure on myself to achieve certain goals, I've always wanted to go on court every day and give it my best each time.

Are you going to do your charity calendar again this year? Chris
Unfortunately not this year :( I didn't have enough time because of the busy summer schedule and other things... but I promise I will for 2014!!

How do you always stay in such incredible condition? Sue, USA
Thank you for asking about this. I've always tried to be as professional as possible in all departments of my game, which includes my fitness. I think that's how I've been able to play for so many years without many injuries, mainly because I take care of my body well. And the more I've played, the more I've understood that the recovery and rehab exercises are just as important as strength and conditioning. It helps so much in so many ways.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 157  Next