Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 157  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Latest News from dhantuchova.com
PostPosted: 8. August 2011 17:35 

Local Time:
|22. June 2024| 11:58
Hello From Toronto!!

2011-08-07
Hi guys!

It's Sunday and I just arrived in Toronto. The weather hasn't been that nice to us yet but we are still hoping to get some practice in today... I'm looking forward to this tournament a lot, and I'm also playing doubles with Aga, so hopefully it will be a busy, long week. Thank you all so much for your support the last few weeks. I'll try my best this week!

Have a great Sunday and I'll speak to you soon :)

Love, Dani

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. November 2011 17:26 

Local Time:
Thank You & Calendar

2011-11-10
Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well...

First of all I want to thank you all for all your support throughout this season. There were some great moments and some okay moments, but as always you were the best fans and helped keep me going. Thank you :)

I wanted to tell you the new calendar is going to be out very soon - you can get it from Tennis Warehouse on November 18th. I am putting the cover here... we will post the link here and on my Facebook and Twitter when it's available.

The photo shoot for the calendar was a lot of fun because we did it in Monte Carlo, where I live. The whole team was great once again and it was more fun than work, because we all knew it was for a great cause...

All money from the calendar goes to the hospital in Cambodia where we are treating and taking care of orphans who are HIV positive. The improvement we have seen in their health the last few years has been incredible and it keeps us motivated to work even harder and help as much as we can. It's all about making a difference in their lives.

Let's make as much of a difference as we can :)

With love,

Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. December 2011 19:42 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
Hi guys :) We have had a wonderful week here in Brisbane leading up to my first tournament of the year, over at the Grand Hyatt Resort at Coolum Beach. It was really amazing and a very beautiful part of the world. I want to return there one day! The natural beauty of this place is just breathtaking... we went to visit Noosa as well, which is awesome for surfing and also very pretty. It's just a great place to chill out.
Like · Comment · 14 hours ago ·

Daniela Hantuchová
A Very happy New Year 2012 to everyone! With love from Australia :)

@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2012 01:33 

Local Time:
Happy New Year!

2012-01-01
Hello everyone from Brisbane :) I hope you all had a nice holiday season and of course a very happy New Year!

I spent a wonderful week in Brisbane before the tournament, over at the Grand Hyatt Resort at Coolum Beach. It was really amazing, just a beautiful part of the world. The natural beauty of that place was just breathtaking. We also went to visit Noosa, which is awesome for surfing and very pretty. It was just a great place to chill out. I want to go back!

I worked very hard during the off-season and am excited to start the 2012 season. The Brisbane International is a great tournament and I'm really looking forward to the Australian summer, and of course the Australian Open.

I'll talk to you all soon... I wish you all a happy and successful year!!

With love from Australia,

Dani :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2012 23:14 

Local Time:
|22. June 2024| 06:58
Impostor alert: Someone has recently created a Facebook page using Daniela's name. At first whoever this is went back and forth between 1st and 3rd person references, but in recent days the messages start "Hi. I beat so-and-so today" or "Hi. I play so-and-so tomorrow", and end "With love, Dani." It's been amusing, as several of Daniela's most fervent fans on her actual FB page have fallen for this and are posting congratulatory or good luck messages. This person's last 2 posts mention facing, then beating, Errani in the 1st round of Sydney. The A-HA moment! :haha: At the same time, our one and only Dani put up her own post speaking of how tough it was to play her good friend Roberta. Check this out for your own amusement, but I am sure that none of you guys will be fooled.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2012 18:37 

Local Time:
Loving Australia...

2012-01-09
Hey guys,

I think I've fallen in love with Queensland! We have had such a wonderful time over there, not only in Brisbane during the tournament but up at the base of Mount Coolum, at the Hyatt Regency Coolum resort as well, where we spent Christmas and the last part of the pre-season. It was sooo much fun and the natural beauty, the beaches, the people and everything else was awesome... I'm definitely looking forward to going back there again one day!

I want to thank my team - Claudio, Mark and Iveta - for a great start to the year and taking care of every part of my game!

We're in Sydney now. I won my first round against Roberta yesterday. She is such a great player and friend as well, which is never easy to play against. I will get back to you again when I get some quiet time...

With love from Australia,

Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2012 18:06 

Local Time:
Hello from Pattaya!

2012-02-08
Hello from Pattaya everyone :)

I got here a few days ago after our Fed Cup tie in Bratislava - it was a great weekend! The atmosphere was just fantastic and I was really enjoying myself out there. My first match with Parmentier was very close and my second match with Cornet was tricky, but I won both and my team did great too and now we're going to be in the World Group play-offs!

I was really fighting for every point all weekend. Our opponents were as well, and we went into the tie with a lot of respect for them, but I think we used the home crowd advantage well. That really helped a lot.

I left Slovakia on Sunday night and it was a hell of a trip. It's a big change because the conditions are totally different here - 40 degrees, 100% humidity, the time difference... last year I don't know how I got through the first few rounds, but after that anything can happen...

I won my first match on Tuesday and have a day off Wednesday so I will play again on Thursday against Ula Radwanska.

I'll talk to you all again very soon!

Love, Dani

Daniela Hantuchová

Hello from Pattaya everyone :) It's great to be back defending my title from last year, which obviously brings back many great memories from a year ago!

I've just come from one of the most memorable weekends back at home a couple of days ago. Playing in front of all those amazing fans in Bratislava on Saturday and Sunday was definitely something I will never forget and I don't remember ever having such an incredible atmosphere and such support during a Fed Cup tie.

was very proud the way I kept fighting in both my singles matches, and the crowd was playing a huge part in getting me through them too. I want to thank them all for their support! It meant a lot to me and the whole weekend was great fun.

And of course to all of you... thank you again for all of your support and well wishes, it means a lot to me as always :)
@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2012 18:57 

Local Time:
Dani On Top In Pattaya

2012-02-12
Daniela pulled off her very first successful WTA title defense on Sunday evening, winning the PTT Pattaya Open for the second straight year with a hard-fought 67(4) 63 63 win over Maria Kirilenko in the final.

The No.3-seeded Daniela lost a marathon 72-minute first set but went right to work from there, jumping out to a 2-0 lead in the second set and never really giving up the momentum again, finally breaking away from 3-all in the third set with 12 of 15 points to seal the three-hour, 14-minute match. She is now 10-0 in her career in Pattaya City.

"I'm happy to defend my title - it was the first time I defended a title in my career, but it's better late than never!" Daniela said. "Maria and I both wanted to win the title today. She played so well and put a lot of pressure on me. Even after I lost the first set I kept fighting and never looked back. I think I was also luckier tonight. Maria is a great player and person."

Daniela now has five WTA titles to her name, two at Indian Wells (2002 and 2007), one at Linz (2007) and now two at Pattaya City (2011 and 2012). "I always play well under good conditions and surroundings," she added. "I feel comfortable playing in Pattaya City. I love the weather, the courts are in the hotel and near the beach, and the people are all so nice."

Next up for Daniela is this week's Qatar Ladies Open in Doha.

Daniela Hantuchová
Hey all! I'm sooo happy to have been able to defend my title in Pattaya. It was a great week once again. Coming here I was quite exhausted from the Fed Cup tie but I gave it all I had and it's a great feeling to walk away with the trophy again... I have to thank my Slovak fans for their support. They were awesome during the entire week. It was a lot of fun :)

Of course I couldn't have done it without all of you - you are the best fans! Now on the way to Doha... With love, Dani :)
@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2012 18:02 

Local Time:
Goodbye From Pattaya :)

2012-02-12
Hi everyone!

I'm so happy to have been able to defend my title in Pattaya. It was a great week here once again! It was the first time I defended a title in my career, but it's better late than never :)

Maria and I both wanted to win the title today. She played so well and put a lot of pressure on me. Even after I lost the first set I kept fighting and never looked back. I think I was also luckier tonight. Maria is a great player and person.

Coming here I was quite exhausted after the Fed Cup tie on the weekend, but I gave it all I had and it's a great feeling to walk away with the trophy again. I have to thank my Slovak fans for all their support this week - they were awesome the whole week and it was a lot of fun :) Now on my way to Doha... I will get back to you all from there!!

With love,

Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. February 2012 23:18 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
Hello from Dubai everyone :) I had a really tough match with Peng Shuai today. She's a very tough opponent and had a great win over Marion Bartoli yesterday. I knew I had to play very well... she has improved so much over the last 12 months. She's always going to be one of the toughest players to play against, but she's a great girl too. It's nice to see her do so well.

Tomorrow I play Julia Goerges, a very talented girl. I'm just taking it one match at a time and we'll see what happens... Thank you everyone for your support, as always :) You guys are the best. I'll write more soon! Have a good night!

@ Daniela's facebook

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. March 2012 01:09 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
Hi guys, I'm just recovering from the terrible virus from Indian Wells, which knocked me down for a few days... I hope it stops spreading because it's very nasty and having to play a tournament in these circumstances isn't much fun... :(
@ Daniela's facebook

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. March 2012 01:02 

Local Time:
Dani Wins Heart Award

2012-03-22
The ITF has announced the first four winners of the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Awards for 2012: Daniela in the World Group and World Group II category and Li Na, Sofia Arvidsson and Catalina Castano for Zone Group I.

The Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Award is a joint initiative between the ITF and BNP Paribas and recognizes players who have represented their country with distinction, shown exceptional courage on court and demonstrated outstanding commitment to their team in Fed Cup play. A total of five players will be recognized in 2012.

The winners were decided by a public vote on the Fed Cup's official website, with over 10,000 fans placing their votes there. All of the winners receive a silver Baccarat bracelet and a cheque to be donated to their chosen charity.

"Thank you to everyone for giving me this very special award," Daniela said. "It means more than any trophy I have, since it's coming from the fans, and that's the reason I play tennis, to share wonderful moments on the court with all of you.

"I also want to thank everyone for all the support in Fed Cup over the years. Playing for my country at home in Bratislava was a wonderful week I will never forget!"

Francesco Ricci Bitti, ITF President, said: "There were some outstanding performances in February and I congratulate Daniela, Sofia, Catalina and Li Na. This award continues to reward players for the commitment they make to their team and the competition as a whole. I'm sure the four winners will take great pride in making their donations to charity."

Daniela has been a Fed Cup stalwart for Slovakia for over 10 years, and earlier this year showed she continues to have the desire to succeed, as she extended her overall record in the competition to 31-15 with two singles wins during her team's 3-2 victory over France in the World Group II first round in Bratislava.

Daniela Hantuchová
Hi everyone! Thanks so much for giving me this very special Fed Cup Heart Award, which means so much to me. I guess it means more than any trophy I have, since it's coming from you guys, and that's the reason I play tennis, to share wonderful moments on the court with all of you! Without you it wouldn't be any fun!!

Also thank you for all your support not only now but over all the years, I can't tell you how much it means to me. It's very special to win this while playing for my country at home in Bratislava - it was a wonderful week I will never forget!

Thanks again and speak to you all soon! Love, Dani :)
@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2012 19:51 

Local Time:
Dani Seals Fed Cup Tie

2012-04-23
With the Slovaks leading 2-1 thanks to two victories from Dominika Cibulkova, Daniela sealed her home country's spot in the World Group for 2013 on Sunday, pulling off a gutsy 06 76(4) 64 win over Lourdes Dominguez Lino in the reverse singles.

Daniela was on the brink of defeat a few times against the Spanish veteran - not just dropping the first set at love, but also coming within two points from losing serving 4-5, 15-30 in the second set, and going down 3-1 in the tie-break; but she fought back every time and eventually sealed the victory - and the play-off tie - in two hours and 44 minutes.

"I'm really proud the way I fought," Daniela said. "It was a very tough match for me, especially with my injury I was struggling a lot, and I wasn't sure I'd even be able to play. That's why this victory is even more important.

"We knew we had to play very well in the singles because they have a very dangerous doubles team, so it was great we were able to close it out like this and that we're back in the World Group."

Daniela also celebrated her birthday on Monday, the day after that marathon win over Dominguez Lino. "I want to thank everyone for their sweet birthday wishes. I really appreciate them all very much!"

Daniela Hantuchová
Tuesday
Hi everyone! We had a wonderful week in Spain and managed to once again qualify for the World Group in Fed Cup. Playing for our country is always very special, and I'm taking great memories with me from this week. It means so much to all of us on the team!

Daniela Hantuchová
Tuesday
And thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes - I really appreciate them all very much! With love, Dani.
@ Daniela's facebook.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2012 19:54 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
Yesterday
Hi everyone... this morning an MRI showed a stress reaction in my foot, which will keep me out for several weeks :-( I tried till last minute to do anything possible to play with it... I'm very sorry I had to pull out from one of my favorite tournaments. I was looking forward to playing here in Stuttgart very much, but unfortunately I will need to give it a rest.

The Fed Cup tie over the weekend was too much for an injury of this type and I damaged it even more during my matches, but all I can say is it was worth it to bring our country back to the World Group. I will do all I can to be back as soon as my doctors allow me to! With love, Dani.

@ Daniela's facebook.

Stuttgart & CNN Video

2012-04-26
Hi everyone,

As you may know by now I had to pull out of the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart with a foot injury. I had an MRI on Wednesday morning and unfortunately there is a stress reaction in my foot that will keep me out for several weeks :(

I tried until the last minute to do anything possible to play with it, and I'm very sorry I had to pull out from one of my favorite tournaments. I was looking forward to playing in Stuttgart very much but unfortunately I will need to rest...

The Fed Cup tie over the weekend was too much for an injury of this type and I have damaged it even more during my matches, but all I can say is that it was worth it for bringing our country back to the World Group.

I will do all I can to be back as soon as my doctors allow me to!

On a brighter note... I recently filmed a video for CNN International's Open Court in Monte Carlo, giving them a bit of a tour of where I live... and you can see the video now here, just click the link:

I will talk to you all soon :)

With love,

Dani

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. May 2012 18:33 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová
18 hours ago
Gooooo Slovakia goooo!! Today our boys beat Canada and are in the semis of the World Championships. I'm soooo proud of them, it's so great to see when someone from our country does well since we are a very small one, but with many great athletes! We are very very happy for them! Two more steps now...

@ Daniela's facebook.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 157  Next