Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: News, Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 28. August 2018 16:38 

Local Time:
|19. March 2024| 07:25
Daniela Hantuchova to Star in “Downtown Dani” During US Open
August 28, 2018 by Tennis Panorama News

FORMER WORLD NO. 5 DANIELA HANTUCHOVA TO STAR IN DOWNTOWN DANI FOR TENNIS CHANNEL DURING US OPEN
New Multi-Platform Series to Premiere Tuesday, Aug. 28

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 28, 2018 – Tennis Channel is debuting a new multi-platform series, Downtown Dani, featuring former World No. 5 Daniela Hantuchova, Tuesday, Aug. 28, during Tennis Channel Live at the US Open. Hantuchova will be on set for the premiere. The show, which will be featured during Tennis Channel’s US Open coverage, will be available on the network’s digital and social media platforms following its premiere. The series follows Hantuchova as she explores New York during the US Open, and details her interests both within and outside the tennis world.

Viewers will get a look at Hantuchova’s life as she interviews players like Caroline Wozniacki and Agnieszka Radwanska, interacts with the fashion industry, offers a behind the scenes look at the players’ experience during the leadup to the US Open and more. The series will be available on TennisChannel.com, Tennis.com, the Tennis Channel app and the network’s Twitter and Facebook accounts.
“It’s been a super cool experience putting together Downtown Dani and I couldn’t ask for a better place to kick off the show than in New York City!” said Hantuchova. “I’m so excited to share insights on favorite shopping and dining spots, as well as what players like to do on their days off – and many other great things which fans may not know about the players and the beautiful cities that we play in around the world.”

Hantuchova played professionally for 18 years, reached the rank of singles World No. 5, won seven WTA titles and a Fed Cup championship for Slovakia in 2002. Her best run in a Grand Slam as a singles player was in 2008, when she reached the semifinals at the Australian Open. She was an accomplished doubles player, reaching three Grand Slam finals and the World No. 9 ranking. She also found great success as a mixed-doubles player, winning all four majors in the discipline.

Daniela on Daily Telegraph Tennis podcast:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. August 2018 12:35 

Local Time:
WATCH: HANTUCHOVA TAKES YOU AROUND NEW YORK CITY

AUG 28, 2018
by Tennis Channel

LOS ANGELES—Tennis Channel is debuting a new multi-platform series, Downtown Dani, featuring former World No. 5 Daniela Hantuchova, Tuesday, Aug. 28, during Tennis Channel Live at the US Open. Hantuchova will be on set for the premiere. The show, which will be featured during Tennis Channel's US Opencoverage, will be available on the network's digital and social media platformsfollowing its premiere. The series follows Hantuchova as she explores New York during the US Open, and details her interests both within and outside the tennis world.

Viewers will get a look at Hantuchova's life as she interviews players like Caroline Wozniacki and Agnieszka Radwanska, interacts with the fashion industry, offers a behind the scenes look at the players' experience during the leadup to the US Open and more. The series will be available on TennisChannel.com, Tennis.com, the Tennis Channel app and the network's Twitter and Facebook accounts.

"It's been a super cool experience putting together Downtown Dani and I couldn't ask for a better place to kick off the show than in New York City!" Hantuchova said. "I'm so excited to share insights on favorite shopping and dining spots, as well as what players like to do on their days off - and many other great things which fans may not know about the players and the beautiful cities that we play in around the world."

Hantuchova played professionally for 18 years, reached the rank of singles World No. 5, won seven WTA titles and a Fed Cup championship for Slovakia in 2002. Her best run in a Grand Slam as a singles player was in 2008, when she reached the semifinals at the Australian Open. She was an accomplished doubles player, reaching three Grand Slam finals and the World No. 9 ranking. She also found great success as a mixed-doubles player, winning all four majors in the discipline.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2018 06:30 

Local Time:
|19. March 2024| 02:25
Daniela the TV star. Who could have envisioned that? ;)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2018 17:00 

Local Time:
DANIELA’S NEW PROFILE

Daniela Hantuchova, the retired Slovak player who once ranked as high as No. 5 (2003), has been prominent on the television side of the 2018 US Open. Now aged 35 and working on Amazon Prime’s coverage along with other networks, she has received rave reviews for both her on-air presentation and her knowledge of the sport.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2018 19:10 

Local Time:
Inside the Tour with Nina and Irina — Special guest Daniela Hantuchova

“It’s beautiful when you close one door how many new ones open up.”

Recently retired former world No. 5 Daniela Hantuchova joins the podcast while in New York for the US Open. She’s transitioned quickly from her retirement last summer to a broadcast and reporting career. The 34-year-old’s newest project is Downtown Dani, a series with Tennis Channel where she talks fashion, food and off-court trends with the tour’s biggest stars. The two-time US Open quarterfinalist also shares her experiences from her career including her love for Indian Wells (where she won twice), winning the Fed Cup title for Slovakia in 2002, her best US Open match and winning a career mixed doubles Grand Slam.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2018 19:13 

Local Time:
Hantuchova gives inside look at 2018 US Open in Tennis Channel web series

Former World No.5 Daniela Hantuchova is excelling in a new career post-retirement, commentating for Amazon Prime UK and giving fans behind-the-scenes access to the US Open with #DowntownDani web series on Tennis Channel.
DAVID KANE September 4, 2018

NEW YORK, NY, USA - Six months after bidding a final farewell to tennis at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, two-time BNP Paribas Open champion Daniela Hantuchova is settling into another spotlight, splitting her time at the 2018 US Open as a broadcaster for Amazon Prime UK's coverage and as host of a new Tennis Channel web series, #DowntownDani.

"I’m much busier now, especially in the week leading up to the US Open," the former World No.5 revealed over email. "We did so many different TV things, and the days are just much longer. One thing I do not miss is the pressure to be physically at your best every day."

Semifinalist at the Australian Open back in 2008, Hantuchova announced her retirement at last year's Wimbledon Championships and quickly found opportunities to contribute to a game she loves, taking her own experience as both player and viewer into the commentary booth.

"I always enjoyed watching tennis, not only my matches but also matches in general. I learned so much by listening to former players in the commentary booth and what they had to say about my game."
Daniela Hantuchova

"I always enjoyed watching tennis, not only my matches but also matches in general. I learned so much by listening to former players in the commentary booth and what they had to say about my game.

"It was great to hear a different opinion on how I was playing, but also how they would approach the matches, both tactically and mentally. I have always found it really interesting."

Where the booth gig taps into her ability to provide expert analysis, #DowntownDani allows the Slovak to channel her rapport with the game's biggest stars and get inside information from the likes of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, and Caroline Wozniacki.

"We wanted to bring people a different angle and view, and show them what happens during the tournament, from a player’s perspective. The goal is to share with the audience what really happens once the players are done with training and matches.

"I’ve enjoyed going back to places and do things which I liked to do as a player, and chatting with my former colleagues, many of whom I haven't seen for a while."

Taking fans through Media Day, Taste of Tennis, and the Players' Party at One World Trade Center, Hantuchova has also revisited some of her favorite New York City spots, including a shopping trip through Soho.

Ever the ambitious competitor, the four-time Grand Slam mixed doubles champion aims to continue growing as a journalist, and take her talents to the top echelons of her chosen field.

"My dream interviewee would be Oprah, because she's the best at what she does and I would be able to ask her advice on how to do my job the best that I can.

"I also hope to talk to world leaders, the people who make our world a better place. They have so much to say that can be passed on to future generations."

Catch new episodes of #DowntownDani on Tennis.com, Twitter, and Facebook, as well as the Tennis Channel App.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. October 2018 14:45 

Local Time:
Hantuchova admits: Commenting engulfed me. A family? View!
zg, Pravda.sk, Videoredaktor: Zdeno Gáfrik 02.10.2018 00:00

Professional sports career has ended, but the sport remained faithful to continue. What tennis player Daniela Hantuchova revealed the truth to the recent premiere of the fashion documentary?

Known sportswoman already devoted some time commenting on sports matches and it is said the activity that it fully engulfed.

"I do not have much time for anything else. I excavated so that it takes up all my time reserved for Labor Affairs, "explained Hantuchova. "But I am pleased, as I zadařilo in this direction," she confessed with a smile before the screening document McQueen on the famous British designer.

The fashion has always Hantuchova close, but in the footsteps of other colleagues to be released into the fashion business and entrepreneurial, walk planned. "The television also comes to fashion, every day I have to deal with different outfits. So at least I am enjoying it, " added 35-year-old Hantuchova, who lives with her boyfriend in Italy.

While accepting even our questions about the plans to found a family and babies. "Definitely," she said with a smile. "It's you perspective," he added in front of the camera Pravda TV Hantuchova. Video you see above, below you will find a gallery of the premiere of the said document McQueen fashion.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. January 2019 19:25 

Local Time:
Awards from the President 8 January 2019 17:21
Vášáryová, Abrhám, Snopko, Hantuchova, Kuciak, stalls or Zbirka - for the Kiska has granted awards

President Andrej Kiska in Bratislava's Reduta last gave awards - among the 30 winners are 15 women and 15 men, there are scientists, writers, sportswomen. Three awards - Dagmar Burešová, Ján Kuciak and Veronika RAČKOVÁ - were awarded posthumously.

Award from President Andrej Kiska also received actor Josef Abrham, publisher of the daily SME Alexei Fulmek, writers Dusan Mitana and John Juráňová or singer Miro Zbirka.

Thus it is justifying the award Presidential Palace, and there are also interviews with several awards:

Daniela Hantuchova, tennis player - Rad Stur I. Class, for extraordinary contributions to the development of sport and for spreading the good name of the Slovak Republic abroad .

"An amazing player and personality!" So with her in 2017, after nearly twenty years in professional tennis circuit, parted former grueling and teammates.

Multiple best tennis player of Slovakia, winner of seven WTA tournaments in singles and in doubles, nine Daniela Hantuchova was born in Poprad. Thanks to her Slovakia gained one of the three previous victories in the Hopman Cup and in 2002 and so far only victory in the top league representative teams in women's tennis in the Fed Cup. In addition, it holds so. career Grand Slam when he gradually won the mixed doubles at all four major tournaments in the world.

@ google translate

Kuciak, Zbirka, and Hantuchova. See an overview of awarded
Andrej Kiska appreciated thirty people.
8th Jan 2019 17:28 by LUCIA KRBATOVÁ

BRATISLAVA. Last time praised President Andrej Kiska state honors personalities for their contribution to the development of democracy and the merits of the cultural development of Slovakia. Before the end of their function she decided to honor thirtieth personalities.

Daily Sme gives an overview of the people who received awards.

Daniela Hantuchova, tennis player

Multiple best tennis player of Slovakia was born in 1983 in Poprad. In 2017 he completed a professional tennis career.

He has won seven WTA tournaments in singles and nine in doubles. Thanks to her Slovakia gained one of the three previous victories in the Hopman Cup and in 2002 and so far only victory in the top league representative teams in women's tennis in the Fed Cup.

It holds so. career Grand Slam when he gradually won the mixed doubles at all four major tournaments in the world.

The president gave a series Stur I. Class for extraordinary contributions to the development of sport and for spreading the good name of the Slovak Republic abroad.

@ google translate

President Kiska awarded honors 30 personalities were among them Kuciak, and the Zbirka Hantuchova

JANUARY 8, 2019

BRATISLAVA January 8 (WebNoviny.sk) - President Andrej Kiska on Tuesday awarded honors thirty personalities - 15 women and 15 men. Honors awarded the President of the Slovak Republic on the occasion of 26th anniversary of the Slovak Republic and has done so for the last time in its functions. As the President said in his speech, decorated ball honest work, talent and remarkable personal courage.

Help develop the identity of Slovakia

"Best represents the values on which our country stands and the values that we should follow in our coexistence," said Kiska with the fact that this day is not measured only exceptional individual performances, but something more important. "I honor people who inspire us pride and love for Slovakia and fill the story of our country's self-esteem and respect," he said.

Honors for him are true leaders who inspire and show how to overcome obstacles, helping to protect and develop the identity of Slovakia. Slovakia is thanks to the award-winning fairer, more decent, wiser and better place to live for all of us.

Kiska in his speech noted also that Slovakia this year waiting for the most important anniversary - anniversary in November 1989. "Then we got rid of a regime which trampled upon our rights and we are part thanks to a free and democratic Europe," continued the president.

26. Daniela Hantuchova

"An amazing player and personality!" So with her in 2017, after nearly twenty years in professional tennis circuit, parted former grueling and teammates.

Multiple best tennis player of Slovakia, winner of seven WTA tournaments in singles and doubles in nine Daniela Hantuchova was born in Poprad. Thanks to her Slovakia gained one of the three previous victories in the Hopman Cup and in 2002 and so far only victory in the top league representative teams in women's tennis in the Fed Cup-e. In addition, it holds so. career Grand Slam at when gradually won the mixed doubles at all four major tournaments in the world.

Slovak President conferred state award DANIELA Hantuchova, Rad Stur I. Class, for extraordinary contributions to the development of sport and for spreading the good name of the Slovak Republic abroad.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. January 2019 14:56 

Local Time:
Kiska also distinguished Kuciak, Hantuchova or Žbirka

kf , HDM , truth , SITA , TASR 08/01/2019 17:00, updated: 20:33

Murdered journalist Jan Kuciak, singer Miroslav Zbirka, skier Veronika Velez Zuzulová or doctor Maria Jasenková. President Andrej Kiska yesterday gave the latest state honors in his post. He appreciated the 30 personalities from different fields, 15 men and 15 women.

"Despite the fact that the list is decorated obvious political orientation president, most of them state award deserves," he stated political analyst Juraj Marušiak.

President confers awards each year to mark the anniversary of the Slovak Republic. Tribute yesterday fled the murder of journalist John Kuciak. Rad Stur I. Class posthumously woke Kuciak father Joseph Kuciak together with her mother Martina Kušnírová Zlatica Kušnírová. President Kuciak awarded for exceptional contributions to the development of democracy and development in the field of journalism. A young reporter and his fiancee shot killer last year in February. Motive killings was Kuciakova journalism. Current as of this crime four accused persons since September seated in custody.

Honors were given by several artists - actor with Slovak roots Josef Abrhám, actor Richard Stanke, singer Miro Zbirka, bassist Roman Patkoló and writer Dusan Mitana. Rad Stur class he took the actress and politician Magdalena Vášáryová. The president did not forget the religious, missionary and woman doctor Veronica Seagulls who died in May 2016 for missionary work in South Sudan. On her medical gunmen attacked a car and seriously injured her, four days later he succumbed to injuries.

Awards were scientists Pavel Cheben Marian Valko or scientist Mary Omastová. The list also appeared historian Katarina Zavacká, former Ombudsman Jana Dubovcová, founder of the nonprofit Plamienok that cares for terminally ill children, Mary Jasenková, former Chief of Administration to ensure the departure of Soviet troops from Czechoslovakia Svetozar Naďovič, former plenipotentiary for Roma communities Klára Orgovánová, a key figure Slovak Gyula CULTIVATION cereals Zalabai, former tennis player Daniela Hantuchova and former skier Veronika Velez Zuzulová. Also Radoslav Danilák that stood in innovation in the processing and storage of data, improve the performance and reduce the energy consumption of computer chips and storage media.

Hantuchova was the awards never dreamed Žbirka inspires further work
Slovak tennis player Daniele Hantuchova, in her words never dreamed it could get state award. "The most precious award I've received a lifetime. It was very emotional and a few minutes my head was complete career, " he described Hantuchova, who also pleased that a small country like Slovakia has so many friends, wise and smart people. "I appreciate that I can be in such a group," she said.

Rad Stur and Pribina Cross
Kiska granted by several types of awards. Rad Stur lends citizens of Slovakia, who contributed to democracy, human rights, defense, security of Slovakia or extremely significant achievements in the field of policy, management and administration of the state of development of the national economy, science, culture, arts, education, sports and for spreading the good reputation of Slovakia abroad. Series has two kinds - civil and military, each has three. The highest is Class.

Another type of honors, Pribina Cross, lends the citizens of Slovakia, who have significantly contributed to the economic, social and cultural development of the country. And this award has three classes. Likewise, the Order of the White Double Cross, which lends the citizens of other countries who have outstanding achievement in the development of relations between the countries. And this series has two kinds, civil and military.

List of persons awarded the President of the Slovak Republic

1. Josef Abrhám , actor, Order of the White Double Cross II. classes
2 Dagmar Burešová , lawyer, former Justice Minister of the Czech Republic, Order of the White Double Cross II. Class posthumously
3. Radoslav Danilák , chip maker that can simulate the human brain, First Class Pribina Cross
4. Jana Dubovcová , former Public Defender of Rights, Rad Stur I. Class
5. Alexei Fulmek , chairman of the Association of Publishers press, Rad Stur I. Class
6. Daniela Hantuchova , a former tennis player, Rad Stur I. Class
7. Peter Hunčík , psychiatrist and writer, Rad Stur I. Class
8. Paul Cheben , scientist, First Class Pribina Cross
9. Mary Jasenková , doctor and founder of the nonprofit Flame, First Class Pribina Cross
10. Jana Juráňová , writer, Rad Stur I. Class
11. Darina Kárová , Director of the Festival Theater in Nitra, Rad Stur 1st Class
12. Ján Kuciak , journalist, Rad Stur I. Class posthumously
13. Zuzana Kumanová , ethnographer and historian, First Class Pribina Cross
14. Lubomir Longauer , painter and graphic artist, Rad Stur 1st Class
15. Dušan Mitana , writer, Rad Stur I. Class
16. Svetozar Naďovič , Chief of Administration to ensure the departure of Soviet troops from Czechoslovakia, Rad Stur I. Class, military type
17. Mary Omastová , scientist, First Class Pribina Cross
18. Klara Orgovánová , former Plenipotentiary for Roma Communities, Rad Stur 1st Class
19. Roman Patkoló , bassist, First Class Pribina Cross
20. Veronika Rack , nun and missionary, First Class Pribina Cross posthumously
21. Ladislav Snopko , archaeologist, politician and journalist, Rad Stur I. Class
22. Richard Stanke , actor, Rad Stur I. Class
23. Marián Valko , scientist, First Class Pribina Cross
24. Magdalena Vášáryová , actress and politician, Rad Stur I. Class
25. Veronika Velez-Zuzulová , a former skier, Rad Stur I. Class
26. Gyula Zalabai , a key figure of Slovak plant selection of cereals, First Class Pribina Cross
27. Katarina Zavacká , historian, Rad Stur 1st Class
28. Miroslav Zbirka , singer, Pribina Cross 1st class
29 Jan Želibská , artist, First Class Pribina Cross

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. January 2019 21:33 

Local Time:
Beautiful Daniela Hantuchova Thus you have not yet seen!

This week was for our successful tennis player in an enormous honor. These awards provide few people.

The ceremonial premises of the Slovak Philharmonic , these days held transfer Medal of Honor President of the Slovak Republic. Among the winners was the tennis player Daniela Hantuchova, who took over the price with all due respect and humility. From her eyes sparkle pure joy and emotion.

Other than courts
In the beautifully delicate, simple and above all elegant dress greatly impressed and once again showed how he knows about himself exemplary care.

Honors made it indescribable joy and gratitude spared no words on the Internet, where with another milestone of his career naturally Council praised: "Thank you very much, Mr. President, for your trust and rare distinction. I have the honor to represent our breathtakingly beautiful landscape in everything I do. "

But Daniela was not only known Slovak, which received such a great honor. These included the Veronika Velez Zuzulová. It is also of great news to share with his supporters:
"Thank you, Mr. President, for this rare distinction, which I appreciate very much and I will definitely continue to represent our country with love and humility!"

strong women
That strong and successful women that can very much, there is no doubt. The list of the awarded will receive the following ladies:

A clinical psychologist Klara Orgovánová , lawyer Katarina Zavacká , dramaturge Darina Kárová , artist John Želibská , scientist in chemistry Mary Omastová , doctor and missionary (posthumously) Veronika gulls , writer and translator Jan Juráňová , basketball player Zuzana Žirková , doctor and director Plamienka Mary Jasenková , lawyer (in memoriam) Dagmar Burešová , ethnographer and historian Zuzana Kumanová , Judge and former Ombudsman of John Dubovcová and of course the famous actress and diplomat Magdalena Vášáryová.

In addition to these extremely successful and talented give was also awarded several significant and also successful masters, the most famous example was the actor Richard Stanke and singer Miroslav Zbirka

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. January 2019 14:55 

Local Time:
15 January 2019 16:56
Daniela Hantuchova: Succeeding in a comment is harder than winning tournaments
Ria Gehrerova

Once one of the most successful Slovak Daniela Hantuchova tenistiek in 2017 ended the career immediately started to receive offers for commenting and moderation tennis programs. He says that to succeed in competition with other commentators and komentátoriek is sometimes more difficult than to win a tennis tournament.
President Andrej Kiska him in January awarded honors for extraordinary contributions to the development of sport and for spreading the good name of the Slovak Republic abroad.

In 2017 you announced the end of a career. What are you doing now?
I am happy and grateful for what kind of offer I immediately started coming in to comment. As soon as I announced the end, he somehow naturally, the same day, she worked for the television station. I'm pretty happy with it, it seamlessly passed to the next tennis career, but in a different position.

You do besides commenting on anything else?
Commenting takes me too much time. Receive such offers may be more difficult than winning the tournament, as places with regard to commenting is not very much. Moreover English is not my first language, but I train so I had the English pronunciation, because I have a contract with Amazon. For me it's almost the same pressure as when I played, sometimes even more, because it's very difficult. But I'm glad it pushes me forward and I have to toil myself as I Makala in tennis.

People will thus be seen in Amazon Prime? That Slovakia is not well known.
Yes. I was the first woman to Amazon commented men's ATP tournament in Queens last year. I've done for them and the US Open. This year we start with Indian Wells. Immensely appreciate it are the sport completely new, very trying and give offer only the best. In addition, I also do for Fox Sports Asia. For them, I will cover the Australian Open and Wimbledon. On Tennis Channel during Wimbledon, I had my own show Downtown Deni. During the US Open, I basically worked for three television stations at once.

You prepare you somehow that quit professional career? You can not prepare for it?
It can not be scheduled. Moreover end must come gradually. When athletes retire, the regime of fitness does not seem immediately because their body is accustomed to extreme load. If tried stuttered included in everyday life, it would be quite hazardous to health. It should be to go gradually. Also not to give benefits, but still maintain and take care of yourself, because muscles and tendons were accustomed to a completely different load than ordinary people.

How long after retiring yet to intense exercise?
We're doing more for themselves, so it's very individual. When I had a day that I can not keep up, and I did not want, it was nice to know that I do not. In each athlete, in my view it remains that it is a joy to work out. It's something that remains for life. We are on it like any healthy person who likes to go work out in the gym or jogging. We will load just a little different doses, and still is for us a little, because then not follow four hours on court.

How does your typical day when you have not played professionally?
I played many years with many different coaches, so it was different every now and then. When I was still going to school, so I waved first tennis training before school from sixth to eighth half. Parents pay attention to school I nevynechávala. After school, from the second to the third, I usually still waving piano. From half past three to half past followed by physical training and then we shifted again to the tennis that I played from half past five to seven-thirty. Then quickly homes have dinner and do your homework to school.

This means that you get up at five?
No later than a quarter to six. And it was still the best, because when I trained with Bollettieri in Florida (USA coach Nick Bollettieri, author's note..) , So with him I had to already be about half past five in the gym.

How does the diet professional sportswoman?
It is especially important to eat carbohydrates and proteins, because during the day it all burn. We needed a lot of energy, so we could eat the unhealthy stuff. I ate a lot of sweet.
On the food I put more emphasis during the tournament. When you have a warm, they threatened us during the match stomach problems, so we had to eat a little easier. Me before the game very suit rice. Even more than pasta, although it said that the need to eat right. After the match just a protein shake or before some quick energy. During the tournament I did not eat any seafood or other foods that may not be exactly the safest.

In 2003, you were very poor. You had 55 kilograms and 181 centimeters. You and your coach, you stated that you do not have health problems, you just burned more calories than you take, and now you have to gain weight back. What you eat, so you gained?
I ate because very unhealthy. I liked sweet. Have you just do not remember what I ate, it's fifteen years back.

Slovak figure skater Olga Beständigová saying that sport brought her to bulimia. For her character on her crowded coaches, a partner association. You guys met with such pressure?
In tennis it is mainly about power. With this I have absolutely met. Our sport is specific that you need to have a quick energy to sprint, but also stamina, thus the ability to play three hours. It's hard to figure out a way to have energy short and long term.

Other tennis players had no problem with eating disorders?
For other sportswomen can not talk.

It was not an issue during your talks?
No.

In addition to tennis you did not manage to do college. Six years ago you said that when you retire, so he can return to school. It's still the plan?
Still I am messing around with that idea, because it is very much like learning. In addition to television and other offers that I have come, I have a lot of media training and very much I try to watch and study videos moderators who are doing the super level, whether in America or in England. During the tournament máváme twelve or trinásťhodinové working days. I feel that this is for me now more than college. I can not imagine how I would now pursue.

The media you have described as one of the most beautiful tenistiek. Tabloids often publish your photos in a swimsuit. It was nice that you boulevard follows onálepkoval?
What can I say? The boulevard I have nothing and I never even had. It's out of my control. Things that we can not control, do not deal with. I personally will not affect it, so I do not know what to say. It's hard to give an opinion on something that I was very interested.

Did you read texts that came out of you?
I live your life and do not see absolutely boulevard.

When you try on something to find out, call your mother, we speculated about who your partner is. One can not completely cut from the Strip?
Oh yes. I think I've succeeded. They are also more beautiful things in the world that can be done.

It is important that tennis players during the game look good? Do not push no sponsors?
The two or three hours to you during the game looks the whole world. The better a player looks, thus it is more lucrative for them.

For you personally it was important to come to court prepared with good hair, make-up?
The make-up is definitely not, this in no way on earth because we are going administered sports performance. Are tennis players to wear it, that's their decision. But like every woman, I too want to feel good at whatever it is I'm doing. Whether I go for coffee, or play a game. I was very pleased when I somehow collection of Adidas or Nike fat. Then you go to court with greater joy and you feel good as a woman. But once it starts first ball, it's been about how to win the game and the other does not address.

French Open Serena Williams had dressed black overalls. Tournament chief told her that the next match he would not have him dressed in tennis because there are certain standards of dress. It is right to advise sportswomen what you can and can not dress?
It's not that sort. Tennis is one of the most historic sports and due to the fact that it has some rules and has its elegance level. Those rules are observed for hundreds of years and I do not know why it now for one toy, even if it's Serena, had changed. Tennis is tennis precisely because it has rules, how to dress. Whether it's white at Wimbledon, or the fact that a few years ago men had to wear collars. To me this is really like, and therefore tennis so I respect and for me the most beautiful sport in the world. The fact that Serena now comes in some outfit that I think absolutely not tennis, a strategy Nike and other brands. As they say, even bad publicity is publicity. This is exactly what Nike wanted to achieve. I do not think that now would be because it had to change the rules. As says Roger (Roger Federer, Note. Aut.) : Tennis is tennis because of the rules and they should be respected no matter who it is.

Williams argued that her clothes should help the clots that threatened her after birth. They should have the opportunity to wear a sportswoman health reasons other clothes?
Due to health should be wearing toil in the gym.

After the postpartum Williams came back into professional sport came indirectly into conflict with Dominika Cibulkova. Since Williams had a child because of a longer break in the position significantly fell. Wimbledon, however, was higher than seeded Cibulkova, who was at that time in the position above. It is fair that the sportswoman after giving birth so much forfeited the position?
I do not know. The rules to be followed. Serena is not the only one who had a child and came back before it's done player wore number, as Kim Clijsters and Victoria Azarenka. Once again, I agree with what Roger says: The rules are to be respected.

But if any rules set wrong, it is good if the change or not? Even in tennis are some rules changed over time.
Yes, it changes. But all this is only the Serena.

You watched events in Slovakia last year when people took to the street because of the murder of journalist John Kuciak and his partner Martina Kušnírová?
He not studied.

How often do you go to Slovakia?
By still quite honestly, I am not as much as I would like.

Daniela Hantuchova (1983)
It is one of the most successful Slovak tenistiek. In the ATP rankings was the highest in fifth place. She won seven WTA tournaments in singles and nine in doubles. She played in the semifinals of Australian Open (2008) in singles and in the final of Australian Open (2002, 2009) and French Open (2006) in doubles. With Slovak won the Fed Cup in 2002 and the Hopman Cup 2005. His career ended in summer 2017, now he works mainly as a commentator and presenter.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. January 2019 23:45 

Local Time:
Last Slovakian in Melbourne. Beautiful Daniela shines for microphone
The SITA 22.01.2019 17:25

Daniela Hantuchova is the first tennis peak season Australian Open in Melbourne again as hilarious.

The only difference is that after 17 years, exchanged tennis racket for a microphone. The former world number five and 2008 Australian Open semifinalist cooperates with several television networks like Fox Sports and Tennis Channel. For Fox Sports commented previously already happening at Wimbledon and the US Open.

"I'm happy how it all kicked off and is interested in me. I did not expect such picks up speed it my second career. It reminds me of tennis when I also quickly be fired. I really appreciate it," said Daniela Hantuchova in an interview with Slovak Radio.

Tridsaťpäťročná nice Slovakian comes into contact with those of the biggest stars of tennis proficirkusu to which a few years ago she belonged.

"For many years we know, so the players feel that they questioned stupidity. They are much more open, got them easier access. During the US Open in New York, I for one day interviewing Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Andy Murray and Juan Martin Del Potro. It was the most beautiful experience so far. I was very pleasantly surprised by their reactions. Then I did the three stations at once, I started at six in the morning and ended at eleven o'clock at night, "she continued, winner of the career Grand Slam in doubles and stirred twice finalist of deblových competition in the tournament" Big Four ".

Hantuchova indicated that the date for the microphone is unusually long. At the same time he admitted that otherwise looks like the work of journalists during his active career.

"I have much more respect. As a player I've never been so tired as now, when time Grand Slam tournaments going fullest. And how I feel after commenting? It should be noted that English is not my native language and twenty minutes I am not able to properly nor think. Of course, I try to set the calendar so that I had the free time. The guards so that was not too much and had time and a normal life, " she added fresh winner of the Council Stur I. Class for extraordinary contributions to the development of sport and for spreading the good name of Slovakia abroad.

Daniela Hantuchova at the Australian Open fully nezanevrela or tennis with a racket in hand. Melbourne alongside famous Americans with Czech birthplace Martina Navrátilová play deblových competition legends.

The first match defeated US-Austrian duo Mary Joe Fernandez - Barbara Schett 4: 3 (0) 4: 1st On Wednesday, waiting for Hantuchova and Navratilova duel against the American-Australian pair of Lindsey Davenport - Rennae Stubbs.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. January 2019 17:58 

Local Time:
Commentator Daniela Hantuchova - one day Nadal, Federer and Murray
Andrej Bučko

today 08:45 | It is a former tennis world number five, winner of the Fed Cup, winner of a complete collection of all Grand Slam titles in doubles and semifinalist stirred Australian Open 2008. While two years ago ended a career, Daniela Hantuchova as if she could not leave the carousel world tournament.

Even after the professional career path, playful exhibitions and competitions legends, commenting on several television (Amazon, Fox Sports, Tennis Channel) and proves that Slovaks are not only talented athletes, but also linguistically gifted and tennis and education-minded people.

Australian Open playing in the competition alongside legends Martina Navrátilová. In the opening match defeated Mary Joe Fernandez couple - Barbara Schett 4: 3, 4: 1st The Rod Laver Arena, we briefly examine her a word.

You have maybe the youngest legend. How does it feel to discover and play in company with Navratilova, Davenport, Clijsters?
"It's a great honor. I do not know if I deserve it, but this is a sport that I dream and it is very forward. I'm enjoying it."

We miss you. We would need you. Slovak tennis ended the year in Melbourne as early as the second round. After the first four days the tournament without our ...
"Of course, it's not the most positive start to the new season, but I believe that all the players have worked hard in training. The year is still long and the results are sometimes present themselves later. No need to make a conclusion after the first Grand Slam tournament for Europeans is always a bit difficult. It is necessary to wait for further success. "

How much time do you spend in commenting?
"Too much. I'm happy how it all off and how much is interest in my work and ideas. I really appreciate it. I did not expect it picks up such a speed in my second tennis life. It's like a players' time. I also fired at the very beginning of their careers."

Well welcome among us journalists kolegynka. However, you have one big advantage. Much easier to get to the players than us and against many you have not played ...
"I have to admit. There's but one more advantage. In interviews the players are sincere and willing. I feel that I am one of them and more trust in me. They know that they questioned anything stupid, which I very much appreciate. Television stations employ former players to do the job, because to them are tennis players more accessible and more open. The greatest experience for me was last year's US Open in New York, where I was one day interviewing Rafa Nadal, Roger Federer, Andy Murray and Juan Martin Del Potro and everyone was very friendly. I was pleasantly surprised by their reactions. "

Deliberately us wondering whether you've already done an interview with Mirka Federerová because it does not speak to reporters, but still beautifully speaks Slovak. It's a long time since an interview.
"With Mirka'm still not so lucky, but at the earliest opportunity to try it, because it would be great to talk to as Slovak Slovakia."

But you will have to manage everything in English. We know that it speaks excellent, but it is not your first language. How you doing?
"Just like on the court - if anything I'm doing so properly. So I enrolled at the intensive English lessons, because it really can not speak so well as Slovak. Uncomment the match in nematerinskom language is decent chore. "

You also cover men's matches. What are the responses to your players commenting?
"I was the first woman in the Amazon television station that led live broadcasts of the ATP tournament along with former British tennis player Greg Rusedski. The first event was a tournament at London's Queen's Club on grass. Before the start, I chose the favorite for the title Croat Marin Cilic. I guessed correctly, while Rusedski not so before me, removed his hat. Because they sometimes have the feeling that the girl does not understand men's tennis. "

In it happen groundbreaking things. Arose Laver Cup, Cup ATP, shrunk the Davis Cup and the victim fell Hopman Cup. In women's tennis, however, it is silent. Why?
"It's a team deal. It's a shame, because tennis is famous mainly because of tradition and history. I hope that at least Wimbledon remains in place, and the way it is. For me, if the thing works, then it changed? "

What all after active playing career prosecute addition to commenting?
"You will not believe but again almost nothing. I fully excavated, because during the US Open in New York, I worked for three stations at once. In addition, commenting on I have to prepare for some time I collected English lessons and always find me on the court, because for example in the Melbourne games in the competition legends. Sometimes I do in the morning from six to eleven in the evening. Now I have more respect for journalistic work, because in my life I was not as tired as a player, but now as a journalist. "

You see, we still have players hunting down and watch out for each word. So you rushed back to tennis beliefs and old friends carousel?
"Truly yes, I have taken on the most Grand Slam tournaments. I give you but watch out for the calendar and chooses the tournament so I had the free time. That's why I still ended up with tennis, so I have the rest, enjoying life. "

How often do you get to Slovakia?
"A couple of times a year. Recently, I was at home for the Christmas holidays. Have a better time to check and plan, so I believe there is more possibility to return home. "

You attracted trainer sandwich or return to the Slovak tennis Fed Cup captain position in the team?
"Wow, so above it all I still she did not think. Not yet."

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. January 2019 19:31 

Local Time:
On Hantuchova are in Australia positive feedback, it makes parťáčku legendary Navratilova Čechoameričanka
yesterday, 10:14 SPORTS

MELBOURNE - Tennis connection 62-year-old Martina Navratilova and 35-year-old Daniela Hantuchova looks at first sight as unrealistic, but in Melbourne still works very well. In the women's competition in doubles legends have jointly achieved two victories and leads the table of four teams. In addition, they both still and know with racket in hand, are at the Australian Open and duties, as the tennis commenting on American television stations.

"We're here with Daniela won two matches. Nehru but seriously, it's more exhibition," saying in an interview with Martina Navratilova. "We are talking together rare in the Czech and Slovak on the court and off. Akura on TV we speak English and neutral. Responses to Daniela's commentator beginnings are positive, but I have not yet heard, because I comment at the same time in another television," he added Navratilova interesting information.

Winner of 18 grand slam and a total of 167 tournament titles in singles has two citizenship - American and Czech. When in 1981 as a 25-year-old won the US was already double the Wimbledon champion in singles. He followed by still a long and successful career. Wimbledon in singles won 9 times. Competitions played with breaks of up to 49 years. Nice memories attached to it just the Grand Slam tournament in Australia.

Navratilova in an interview also mentioned personal experience that Americans do not like tennis players from the former Eastern bloc, mainly Russians but also other Slavic. "They have such a Slav phobia. They do not like the Czechs, Russians, players from the former Yugoslavia, Poles and Slovaks. Even Novak Djokovic. Prefer Federer and Nadal. The Ivan Lendl were downright angry, and I think in the beginning also not in love. Later I have It carves out a bit of popularity. it was not nice. I feel also Czech, so I in 2008 received citizenship back. Although no longer of Czechoslovakia, but Czech, " explained Navratilova.

Exceptional tennis player who has been in the past 332 weeks at the head of the world rankings in singles and 237 in doubles more, adding that in the final of the women's singles will fan Petra Kvitova.

"Although I have to be neutral, it is clear that absolutely not. I enjoyed the Czech finale, but Pliskova not enough to Osakovú. Now I will cheer Kvitova, who is a lefty like me. Twice beautifully won Wimbledon and also experienced the horror fall in his apartment . it's great to be back and at that level. the balance in women's tennis is also evidenced by the fact that if he wins Peter, so it will be the ninth different Grand Slam winner of the last nine tournaments. in addition, on Monday, we will certainly have a new world number one, " he concluded Navratilova.

"My najnečakanejší the title was in the mix in the Arena Rod Laver in 2003 alongside Indian Leander Paes. I was already 46 years, but the title I'm still in the collection lacked. In the semifinals, we have disabled the defending champion Hantuchova and Kevin ullyette," thought back thou the most famous "Čechoameričanka".

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. March 2019 17:35 

Local Time:
Amazon Prime Video serves up live tennis

March 1, 2019

This year marks the start of a five-year deal that sees Amazon Prime Video deliver live and exclusive coverage of 37 ATP Tour events from 2019 to 2023, including all ATP Masters 1000 events, as well as the US Open from 2019 to 2022, available on Prime Video in the UK and Ireland, at no extra cost to a UK Prime membership.

Prime Video will also show the Nitto ATP Finals from The O2, the Next Gen ATP Finals, all ATP 500s, including the Fever Tree Championships from The Queen’s Club and thirteen ATP 250s, including the Nature Valley International from Eastbourne.

Following live studio coverage in 2018, Prime Video has now confirmed that Catherine Whitaker will return to present live coverage through 2019, alongside former players and tennis experts Greg Rusedski and Daniela Hantuchova in the studio. Established analysts and commentators Sam Smith and Mark Petchey will be back to provide on-site and studio commentary, with further commentary from ATP Media’s top international commentators Robbie Koenig and Nick Lester. Additional experts and commentators will join its coverage for tournaments throughout the year.

Prime Video will broadcast on-site, live studio coverage across tournaments, including at the BNP Paribas Open from Indian Wells, the Fever Tree Championships from The Queens Club, the US Open, and the Nitto ATP Finals from The O2. On-site field reporters will bring customers the latest action, analysis and commentary right from the court side at many tournaments.

Starting with the first ATP Masters 1000 event of the year, Prime members can look forward to on-site, live studio coverage at the BNP Paribas Open from Indian Wells, from March 7th – 17th. Customers will have access to full, uninterrupted, live coverage from every televised court, all match replays normally available within 15 minutes, and highlights on demand the following day. This is in addition to ATP 500s from Rotterdam, Dubai and Acapulco and ATP 250s from Marseille and Montpellier, which have already been available for customers to watch on Prime Video this year.

“2019 marks the start of our exclusive tennis coverage on Prime Video, and we’re excited to offer tennis fans 37 ATP Tour events and the US Open, at no extra cost to a UK Prime membership,” said Alex Green, European MD of Sport at Amazon Prime Video. “Customers can look forward to live, uninterrupted coverage from every tournament and in-depth analysis with the return of our presenters, including Catherine Whitaker, Greg Rusedski and Daniela Hantuchova for Prime Video’s tennis coverage in 2019.”

Amazon nets exclusive live rights to ATP tennis
1 March 2019

Five-year deal extends the streamer’s tennis coverage beyond the US Open

Amazon Prime Video has secured the rights for live and exclusive coverage of 37 ATP Tour events, further expanding its move into live tennis streaming, which began with last year’s US Open.

Amazon Prime has agreed a five-year deal with the ATP Tour, from 2019 until 2023, to cover all ATP Masters 1000 events, the Nitto ATP Finals from The O2, the Next Gen ATP Finals, all ATP 500s, including the Fever Tree Championships from The Queen’s Club and 13 x ATP 250s, including the Nature Valley International from Eastbourne.

The streamer also has a five-year deal with the US Open, which runs until 2022.

Amazon’s tennis games can be streamed free of charge to Prime subscribers. However, its coverage of the US Open last year was criticised by subscribers for a lack of catch up options and for poor quality streaming.

Amazon Prime’s presentation, analysis and commentary team for all its tennis coverage this year includes Catherine Whitaker, who will present live coverage alongside former players and tennis experts Greg Rusedski and Daniela Hantuchova in the studio.

Analysts and commentary will come from Sam Smith, Mark Petchey, Robbie Koenig and Nick Lester. Additional experts and commentators will join its coverage for tournaments throughout the year.

Amazon Prime says it will broadcast on-site, live studio coverage across the different tournaments.

Its ATP coverage begins next week, with the first ATP Masters 1000 event of the year, the BNP Paribas Open from Indian Wells. Amazon promises “full, uninterrupted, live coverage from every televised court, all match replays normally available within 15 minutes, and highlights on demand the following day.”

Alex Green, European MD of Sport at Amazon Prime Video, said: “2019 marks the start of our exclusive tennis coverage on Prime Video, and we’re excited to offer tennis fans 37 ATP Tour events and the US Open, at no extra cost to a UK Prime membership.”

As well as its tennis coverage, Amazon Prime is growing its line-up of sports docs and live sports, which, starting from the 2019/20 season, will include 20 Premier League football matches per season.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 75  Next