Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions, Bali
PostPosted: 4. November 2011 01:20 

Local Time:
|7. May 2024| 01:47
We'll just see what happens against Lisicki. Lisicki's a much better player than Parmentier, Erakovic or Hradecka and she's played some great tennis this year but Lisicki's hardly played since the US Open, she was really sick in Beijing and she lost her last match to Alberta Brianti although she wasn't healthy. It's difficult to gauge what Lisicki's level is at the moment because she's not played much recently. Hopefully, Daniela's been able to recover a bit and she feels refreshed and is able to do herself justice because she's been badly hampered by injury in recent tournaments. Neither Daniela or Sabine have been fit recently and this match could be decided by who feels better on the day. It's going to be a tough match and it would be great if Daniela can rise to the challenge.

Daniela did pretty well the last time she went to South East Asia.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 4. November 2011 11:36 

Local Time:
|7. May 2024| 02:47
i'm so excited about this match :D

daniela starts to serve
1-0. Take the game with her 2nd GP
2-0. 30-15, 30-40, deuce, GP, deuce, break for daniela with her 2nd BP
3-0. 30-15, 40-15, deuce, game!
3-1. 15-0, 15-15, 30-15, 30-30, 40-30, deuce, BP, deuce, GP and lisicki holds
3-2. 15-0, 15-15, 15-30, 15-40, 30-40, deuce, BP, and break for lisicki...
3-3. 15-0, 15-30, 30-30, 40-30, deuce, BP , deuce, GP, and game lisicki :(
4-3. 40-0, 40-15, 40-30, deuce, BP, deuce, GP,puhhh and daniela holds
4-4. 40-30, deuce, GP, BP, GP, and game lisicki...
5-4. 30-0, 1st ace 40-0, 40-15, game! played more aggressive in this game
5-5. 15-0, 15-30, 30-30, SP, deuce, GP and game lisicki
5-6. 15-0, 15-15, 30-15, 2nd ace 40-15, 40-30, deuce, BP and lisicki gets the break! SHIT!!!
5-7. 0-15, 15-15, 15-30, 30-30, 40-30 and 1st set to lisicki.... :evil:

Last edited by Patti1989 on 4. November 2011 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. November 2011 14:46 

Local Time:
Had set point, didnt take it and now Lisicki serving for set..so effing annoying..

As predicted it's all down-hill from here... :o :oops: :cry:

Last edited by eddy on 4. November 2011 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 4. November 2011 14:56 

Local Time:
2nd set
0-1. daniela lost her serve
0-2. 0-30, 15-30, 30-30, 40-30
1-2. 0-40, 15-40, 3rd ace 30-40, deuce, BP, deuce, BP, deuce, GP and finally daniela holds
1-3. 30-0, 30-15, 40-15 and game lisicki
2-3. daniela had a GP, saving 3 BP's and hold with ther 2nd GP
2-4. too many errors... lisicki holds to 15
2-5. daniela saves a BP but got broken to 30
2-6. 0-40, 30-40, deuce, BP, deuce(with an ace 203 km/h), and game match Lisicki

Last edited by Patti1989 on 4. November 2011 15:38, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. November 2011 15:30 

Local Time:
Literally if Daniela had converted that set point, this match would be completely different...and now Lisicki is serving for the match..

So that's Daniela's 2011 season over then.

Good points:

Won 4th career title in Pattaya
4R Roland Garros , where she defeated a current world no.1 for the first time in her career 3r RG Wozniacki
RU Birmingham
SF Eastbourne (defeated Venus for first time in her career)
QF Cincinnatti, good wins over Pennetta and Bartoli
Won Miami doubles with Radwanska
SF US Open doubles with Radwanska

Bad points:

Too many close matches she lost where she had missed opportunities: AO 1R, Doha QF, 2R Stuttgart, Rome 3R, Strasbourg SF, RG 4th round
Under-performed at Slams and big events, which is why she's not in top 20

However, overall quite a good year with win loss record (minus fed cup) 41 - 25 (most in one year since 2007)

If she has a really good Australian swing at the start of next year, she'll be back on top 20.

Last edited by eddy on 4. November 2011 15:54, edited 3 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. November 2011 15:42 

Local Time:
Pity as usual :/

The first set could have been hers... Oh, Daniela. Take a good rest and hope next year will be much better.

But overall couple of really nice results this year. :)

Or is she playing against anybody else here in Bali?

Dont exactly know how it is in this tournament whit that draw.

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. November 2011 15:46 

Local Time:
Some good flashes in that first set. As expected, Sabine's serve proved to be the decisive factor.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. November 2011 16:02 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 19:47
203 km serve right at Daniela has to be a bit disheartening for her.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. November 2011 18:03 

Local Time:
This season has really petered out. The first set was crucial in the match as Daniela was 3-0 up and had a set point and if she'd been able to win the first set she'd have had a great chance to win the match. Daniela had a lot of chances to break but Lisicki came up with big serves when she needed to.

Hopefully, Daniela can have a good offseason, get fit and healthy and be ready for 2012.

"It was a nice match. Against Sabine is always very difficult, because she plays with great risk and should be used chance as me today in the First Set not. Škoda especially the state of 3:0 and brejkbalu. The status of 0:4 rival would probably not be so confident. But I think it was on my part much better than in the finals against it in Birmingham," said Daniela Hantuchova and SITA said: "It is true that in today's Sabine suggested before somehow flew but when trafila and 'zavalila' and 203 km / h at the end of the match. It has one of the best workshops in the circuit."

Twice the subscriber "large" MS Hantuchova was unable to defend in Indonesia last year's penetration into the semifinals, however, warned in advance: "That, as it turns out, has changed throughout the year." After exclusion, said: "The overall impression of this tournament is great. It's a beautiful event, all players have again a fantastic experience, we took it. I wish that it played here last time."

In parallel with these words, the earthquake happened live. Daniel sure that everything is fine, and added: "Once we have a higher rate ... It was a wonderful week and begins to relax, to which I was terribly, terribly enjoyed - phone off, not looking at his watch."

Hantuchova is according to the position in WTA world ranking behind six of the more successful competition to date thirteen years. Commenting on the just finished, which is therefore classified under this criterion exactly in the center, said: "It's okay. At the beginning I struggled with injury, which was not good. But then I won the title in Pattaya and it was a nice reflection of the series good results. Middle phase - from Roland Garros, where I defeated world champion in straight sets - was the best. I had a great grassy area, I mentioned reached the final in Birmingham, Eastbourne semifinals. Leto could be even more successful, but overall, according to I think based on okay. "

Former top five renkingu Hantuchova, currently 23rd in the order this season continually suffered from various health problems, now stated: "Immediately after returning home I went to a magnetic resonance imaging with the arm and in particular by the heel. There is quite critical and you really do not know what to do. Even before the tournament in Bali I trained very little, so I was not able to go to court. It is therefore the highest priority in the first weeks of leave. I want to go on vacation, but this will have to address that somehow it could be in order.'ll visit as many doctors."

To work with coach Matthias Lipták Hantuchova said: "We agreed that everything will be resolved until after the following season. We did not want to deal with it before this tournament. Of course, you sit down to it, everything you go through. At the end of the season, things always follows balance, we'll see."
@ google translate.

Hantuchova lost to the unused Lisicki sorry chance. "It was nice and very close match, we pulled on each gem. The quality of it was completely different than the final duel in Birmingham. I'm glad I was able to end the season off to a good performance. The more I regret unused chances BECAUSE OF ITS to Sabine I had today. At first I led that game 3:0 and 5:4 for the state I was planting. zaservovala great, but she could be and do anything with it. In the second set and the last rozpodávala GEMET me "zavallla" service directly on the body flying at more than 200 km / h. The Sabine is known to be one of the best submission to the WTA, in addition to indoor conditions meet the risky game," Hantuchova told TASR that sorry that tournament in Bali from next season, moves to Sofia. "In Bali we are to really taking all the toys, in addition to tennis, we can also relax in beautiful surroundings. I have to Bali as the most beautiful memories. The WTA tournament I played in the finals here, I was twice in the semifinals. The next year, I fought its way on board the real Masters - World Championship WTA Tour," said Hantuchova, who in 2011 identified as the average. "I was especially pleased win the title in Pattaya and then the middle of the season, especially clay tournaments were excellent. First, although I lost a close match with Stosur and Schiavone, but then I advanced to the semifinals in Strasbourg and I ran an excellent Roland Garros, where I defeated world champion Caroline Wozniacki. Great was the grass season - the final in Birmingham, semi-solid in Eastbourne and Wimbledon. Leto contrary, I did not work according to your wishes, in a tournament in the U.S. I certainly could have done better."
@ google translate.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. November 2011 23:49 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 20:47
When we review Daniela's season and all wonder, had she stayed healthy, what might have been, I want to make sure that we list the most important accomplishments of the year. Her calendar sold out, and she created the 2012 version. The sick children and other less fortunate that she gives to straight from the heart by far outweigh what she does on the court. Not that any of us would mind if she picks off a Slam or two next year and flies into Top 10! Let's Go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 5. November 2011 12:04 

Local Time:
what a luck has medina garrigues... :|

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. November 2011 20:30 

Local Time:
what a luck has medina garrigues... :|

I absolutely can't believe how lucky she is. To get into the final because of injury to far better players in both matches. I want Ivanovic to win, that's what I think of Medina Garrigues.

ITF Champion
PostPosted: 6. November 2011 06:15 

Local Time:
Lisicki has withdrawn from 3rd / 4th place match (mid-back injury); Hantuchova will play Petrova in 1st match

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. November 2011 09:03 

Local Time:
PETROVA, Nadia (RUS) defeated HANTUCHOVA, Daniela (SVK) 6-2 5-7 6-0

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. November 2011 09:54 

Local Time:
What a grotesque farce this tournament has turned out to be. :roll:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next