Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions, Bali
PostPosted: 6. November 2011 10:03 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 15:35
What a grotesque farce this tournament has turned out to be. :roll:
Agreed. 8 players in a knock-out tournament doesn't really work. A round-robin format might be better. Obviously an overall total of 15 matches per tournament compared to 8 matches at present is a big difference, but it could be taken down to 13 matches by having a round-robin format with the winner of each group playing for the title (no semi-finals as in the WTA Championships).

Anyway, the champion is Ivanovic. She trounced Medina Garrigues 6-3 6-0. Medina Garrigues was lucky to be in the semi-finals, let alone the final, and I think that's reflected in the scoreline.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. November 2011 10:37 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 11:35
Oh daniela, how many losses in row to end the year? :oops:

Hope she realizes she did very good for some time. I think she needs to reduce her tourney count, and maybe play a few key MM. Injuries took her form away this year.

Rest up, danka!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. November 2011 13:59 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 16:35
Darn it I missed this bonus match! What a bizarre situation. By agreeing to play does that mean daniela gets 4th place points? If she had won would she have gotten 3rd place points?!

How confusing!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. November 2011 14:07 

Local Time:
Darn it I missed this bonus match! What a bizarre situation. By agreeing to play does that mean daniela gets 4th place points? If she had won would she have gotten 3rd place points?!

How confusing!

I would imagine Lisicki will still get her fourth place points. Daniela probably just stepped in to get another match and to please the crowds.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. November 2011 15:11 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 16:35
I would imagine Lisicki will still get her fourth place points. Daniela probably just stepped in to get another match and to please the crowds.

Correct. Lisicki will still finish fourth-this match was billed as an exhibition match,which is why Daniela phoned it in so blatantly in the final set. It is worth noting that Daniela will earn $10,000 by playing this irrelevant match,which is much more than she earned by slogging her way through to the QF in Linz. Farcical. :roll:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. November 2011 19:23 

Local Time:
This match against Petrova shows how much Daniela's injuries have affected her level. She bear Petrova pretty easily in Strasbourg in May and in Miami last year and you also look at Daniela's matches against Pennetta this year. As it was an exhibition with nothing really at stake I'm not really sure how motivated Daniela was for this match and I don't think she wanted to risk further injury or really play through pain in an essentially meaningless match.

I wonder how good this year could have been for Daniela if she'd been healthy the entire year because she had that heel injury in Australia, she was playing great on grass but had injuries and she's been blighted by injury ever since Cincinnati. Daniela's had some great wins and performances and if she has a good offseason and gets healthy then she can have a good 2012.

And finally, Daniela Hantuchova, who has enjoyed coming to Bali for many years.

"I think everybody’s going to miss it. It’s very sad," she said. "It’s unfortunate because I think everybody that has ever been here enjoys coming back. It’s such a wonderful place to play a tournament.

"It makes you so relaxed and I think makes you play so much better because there’s just no distractions and we’re enjoying every minute of it. I think we’re all going to miss it. You don’t get a feeling like this anywhere else."
@

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3