Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open, Luxembourg
PostPosted: 19. October 2011 19:05 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 11:08
Mr. Chungwit: You and I feel almost exactly the same way about Daniela in almost every way (now, thinking the way I do can be dangerous; if I was you I'd be scared! :o ). If we now see this year as ruined and a What Might Have Been, imagine how she sees it. Daniela rarely blows up over bad calls; that's one of the gazillion admireable traits about her. She was quoted that she got "a bit frustrated" in the third yesterday; to me, it almost seems like a bit of despondence, and that would be very sad. Between Pattaya and Eastbourne (it's that injury when she was belting Petra that I trace it all back to), Dani knows that she'd never had it more together, physically and in mental strength. Had she gotten a draw like this week's in May or June, Dani would have cruised to the final. We know it; she must feel it. Daniela deserves so much better; my heart goes out to her as well.
It has made me bristle of late when people suggest that she sit out tourneys. But now it's tempting to say she should let Bali go and get a solid 2 1/2 months of rest and practice/training. Knowing how well she did in the 1st half of this year and how much of that is attributable to how she went all in last off-season and notably improved in fitness and strength, I imagine Dani will push herself even harder to get back where she was. Particularly with a gold medal to shoot for, which she knows is her last shot at that.
Like I said, it's tempting to say that. But this is our Daniela. It's patently obvious that her form is horrific. She's going down to lucky losers; life and death to win over nobodies. One can only conclude that Bali is one and done, as ugly as she is beautiful. So we look back. Counting her loss in her last match at Bali last year, she lost 5 straight matches, including 2 first round bow outs featuring a AO defeat to the immortal Regina Kulikova and 2 dismal defeats in the opening Fed Cup round at home. I looked back at what we were saying as Pattaya began. Things like please let her win at least one round and omg, Date-Krumm, who she never beats. Boom! Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, sweet, and completly unpredictable, victory. Would any of us fall over dead if she does it again? Let's Go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2011 20:21 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 17:08
Daniela rarely blows up over bad calls; that's one of the gazillion admireable traits about her

Daniela does indeed have many admirable qualities,but she does have a tendency to get rattled by bad calls against her-it has cost her many matches over the course of her career. Otherwise a fine post-she will play Bali though,as she really enjoys that particular tournament!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2011 20:49 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 16:08
There have been a lot of upsets at this tournament and in Moscow as well. Daniela's far from the only player to have had a bad result this week.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. October 2011 21:33 

Local Time:
Daniela in the press conference :

"Whenever I had a chance, Lucie put in a huge first serve," said Hantuchova. "She has a big game and the indoor conditions suit her, so I felt like I was doing well just holding my serves because she had the confidence to keep me under pressure. The first two sets could have gone either way, but in the third set I got a little frustrated. She was just the better player."

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. October 2011 04:17 

Local Time:
Benji my brother: You're right; that's been a problem for Dani too often. What I was saying was that she doesn't put on Nastase/Connors/McEnroe displays (I know that in her early years there was some racket throwing, which she says she now regrets), and if I'm reading Jean Raj correctly, she did do that this time, and that would be very disconcerting. And believe me, I want her to play in Bali, to get hot for 3 days, and shock the world (and a lot of us)! Geaux, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. October 2011 16:55 

Local Time:
"I had chances, maybe three good opportunities to break, but she always came up with big serves," Daniela said. "The first two sets were very good. I had some chances early in the third but I got a few bad calls and got a bit frustrated. I should have dealt with it better, but with Lucie playing so well and the line calls not going my way, it was a tough day."

"It was so hard to break her serve. This court really suits her game."

Daniela shared her feelings about losing first round at any tournament, particularly after the strong last eight months she has had. "Every time you lose first round it's very frustrating. I'm just going to come back and make up for it next year."

Hradecka, who was a few points from beating World No.1 Caroline Wozniacki in Beijing two weeks ago, was thrilled with the upset. "She has been doing really well this year and it was a tough match. I'm really, really happy I won today."

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. October 2011 22:49 

Local Time:
Doesn't this only figure? Even when Daniela's not playing, we have to reach for the Pepto Bismol! Tip of the cap to Vika for getting Goerges out of the way, but now we have to sweat out tomorrow. I don't know why, but WTA site says that Nicolescu gets into Bali if she wins. It would seem that Vika should take care of her, but this is our star-crossed Daniela that we're talking about, and if we can't see what all year long has been a cinch berth in Bali yanked out from under her at the last second, then we don't understand life. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. October 2011 23:00 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 17:08
Don't worry Alex. Niculescu will knock out Medibel Garrigues if she wins tomorrow. Daniela has alreay qualified(Pavs will be playing Fed Cup rather than Bali).

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. October 2011 23:41 

Local Time:
See, that's why I joined this. On Dani's FB page there's only like one person who really knows all the inside stuff. Much obliged. Now let's see Dani rally in Bali!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2