Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Challenge Bell, Quebec City
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 08:51 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 11:24
omg daniela!! :mrgreen: after the 1st set i decided to go to bed, and i woke up and saw she has won! great fight!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 12:26 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 10:24
This is another tough match against an inspired opponent that Daniela has to battle through. Daniela's playing through pain and injury at the moment so every win is good but hopefully not at too great a cost. It explains a lot of her recent struggles after she had been in such fantastic form.

Hantuchova received treatment for a foot injury in the second set.

"It has been painful for quite some time. I had the same thing in the other foot five years ago," Hantuchova said. "It started to be very painful at the start of the second set; it was so painful I almost started to cry. But I wasn't going to give up. I came here to win the tournament. I've only had three or four retirements in my entire career. There's no way I'm going to give somebody a match."

Commenting on the match with Czinkovou Slovak said. "Melinda played that game in the first well and I had to dip into the reservoir of strength to match, I turned and advanced to the quarterfinals. At the end of the second game I chose medical time out and I had to treat heel. It was not easy tag match with injury, the more I am pleased that I managed to win it. As I mentioned, today's duel was held in a totally different spirit than the initial round of matches, I also fought for Pala Demitra," said Hantuchova.
@ google translate.

We'll see how Daniela does against Erakovic. Daniela thrashed Erakovic at Wimbledon and she wasn't 100% fit then. Erakovic beat Azaranka at Stanford and Daniela's not fully fit so this could be a tough match. So much will depend on how healthy Daniela is.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 13:34 

Local Time:
In an interview with Canadian TV,Daniela revealed that she has been suffering from a heel spur for about 2 months,which causes tremendous pain every morning as the body wakes up and the blood starts to circulate. Nasty stuff. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 15:58 

Local Time:
I doubt she'll get past Erakovic with the injury. Why Daniela entered here with this injury being there for 2 months is beyond me. She should be thinking ahead to next year where if fully fit could get some really great results.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 17:49 

Local Time:

Hantuchova, who is afflicted with an injured foot that hurted her the past two months, had hard times yesterday, and serving at 5-4 in the second, she was exhausted and made calls for physiotherapist in the tournament. "I cried and I suffered, but just the fact to think about what happened last week (the plane crash in Russia) gave me a different perspective and I managed to overcome the pain. "

The Slovakian has a small extra bone (spur) that causes the pain and every morning, it hurts. She also walked with difficulty after the match, which should worry the tournament director, but as said Hantuchova, she will give everything.

"I do not know how I went through tonight, but I managed. I think that facing a favorite causes further pressure to my opponents and maybe Czink was nervous at times. For my part, I took some risks with big shots and that's what I have to do to win this tournament. "She does not think to retire from the tournament. "I came here to win and I rarely withdrew in my career, maybe three times in all. "

The grandmother and Peter Stastny (Note : Famous Slovakian hockey player who played at "Quebec Nordiques")

We learned a good information on her grandmother in the tournament, she confirmed that she was the professor of Peter Stastny in the small school. "It is Peter who taught me that when, participating in the Orange Bowl in Florida at the age of 13. He was there because her daughter was playing and I was so surprised to hear that. He is someone I admire a lot and he did so much for our country. "

We remind you that Hantuchova is friend with Marian Gaborik, from New York Rangers and that Demitra was one of his best friends.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 19:08 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 05:24
Lesson #5 in how one goes from being a Daniela Maniac to just a maniac: Since when does one root not for one player or the other in a match, but rather for the match to go on and on? Paszek/Watson is a war right now, and the longer they go at it, the longer Daniela can stay off of her bad foot!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 20:10 

Local Time:
4-3 :) you didn't see the ball on this shit blue court?!?! :x

mh daniela got broken to 4-5 ..

6-4 1st set to erakovic... daniela making too many errors... :(

2nd set:
1-0 daniela saves 3 bp's and uses her 4th gp
2-1 daniela saves 1 bp and holds, and she calls for liptak during the break
2-3 erakovic takes the break with a df from daniela ...
3-3 yeah daniela breaks back to 30! come on!
4-3 crucial game! but daniela takes her 2nd gp to hold
4-4 erakovic holds to 30, her serve just too good
4-5 daniela gets broken to 30..
4-6 erakovic holds to 0..

please get healthy as soon as possible!!!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 21:21 

Local Time:
Well Daniela was being very foolhardy in playing on in this tournament-I hope the organisers give her a pat on the back.

Take a well-earned break Danka.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 21:42 

Local Time:
Compare this result with the result at Wimbledon. Good indication of where Daniela is right now.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 21:50 

Local Time:
The only thing this match indicates is how badly she needs to rest. The poor lass has run herself into the ground.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 22:35 

Local Time:
Expected loss and scoreline. Daniela needs to assess her schedule urgently especially next year. She's a veteran now and should really be playing about 20 tournaments a year max. None of this 27 a year which is simply crazy and why injuries are becoming more frequent.

Golden Slam
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 17. September 2011 11:57 

Local Time:
This is disappointing but given the circumstances with Daniela playing injured then it was always going to be difficult for her. When she was fit earlier in the year, she was winning matches like this easily (she thrashed Erakovic at Wimbledon) but she lost to Parmentier at the US Open and struggled against Tomljanovic and Czink here. Erakovic did beat Azarenka at Stanford so she is capable of beating top players. I wonder if it was wise for Daniela to have played doubles at the US Open, she had a great run with Agnieszka but it might have been better to have rested up and she probably should have skipped the mixed doubles. If Daniela was healthy then this would have been a great chance for a trophy. I think if she'd won this match she'd have been Slovak no. 1 and gone up 3 places in the rankings as Cibulkova, Pennetta and Wickmayer were all 100 points or less ahead of Daniela.
I just hope that Daniela is able to get some rest and treatment and recover from her ailments and get fit and healthy again so she's able to do herself justice when she plays again. She only has Bali to defend between now and Pattaya so she doesn't need to rush back. Get well soon, Daniela.

2011-09-16
Daniela, who made it through her first two rounds of the Bell Challenge in spite of a left foot injury, couldn't make it out of another one, losing to Marina Erakovic in the quarterfinals, 64 64.

"Last night's quarterfinal was not very good, but I took some anti-inflammatories and today's match had nothing to do with my foot," Daniela said. "The loss was more in my head than anywhere else. I was pushing the ball instead of going for my shots. It was a few balls here and there and I didn't make them."

"I came here to win the tournament. I had a good chance. Maybe after getting through yesterday's match I was thinking too much about getting the title, and I put too much pressure on myself. I think I got a little ahead of myself."

Erakovic, a former Top 50 player, struggled with a hip injury the last two years but has returned to the Top 100 this year.

"It was very close today. I just tried to play my game, go after the ball and hang in there," Erakovic said. "Daniela's a great player. I lost to her quite convincingly recently at Wimbledon. I'm playing well and it's a great feeling to win today."

Daniela talking about the match:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. September 2011 12:23 

Local Time:

Another big surprise Friday at the Bell Challenge, while top-seed, Daniela Hantuchova, suffered elimination facing Marina Erakovic 6-4, 6-4.

The tall Slovak 28 years old had not much time to recover from his hard game Thursday night against Melinda Czink since played in the afternoon on Friday but did not play the ostrich afer her defeat.

"I have no excuse, she said. I took anti-inflammatory to relieve pain in his left foot (which did suffer, Thursday) but it was not a factor in the defeat, she said. I felt good and it's more in the head that it did not work. "

"Erakovic served well and played aggressive tennis, while on my side, I pushed the ball rather than hitting. I think, tactically, I made the right choices in general, avoiding his forehand, but I missed some important balls and my confidence has dropped. Erakovic has released some big forehands and has put pressure on my serve and I should have better service. "

Pressure

If the pain afflicted her after his victory over Czink on Thursday night, yesterday was it was rather disappointment on her face. "I am very disappointed, she said. I came here to win the tournament and when you look at all the girls who are here, they are players that I have to beat. I also may have put too much pressure on me "

It is unclear how she can overcome the left foot injury that plagued her the past two months, and it worries her. "I consulted about 20 doctors and I was recommended a surgery, but there's no question, at least not before the end of my career. I will finish the season and continue to check to see what would be the best solution. "

The tall Slovak who has four career titles wants to have a big year in 2012 and for her, the ultimate would be to win the gold medal at the London Olympics on the grass courts of Wimbledon.

"I started playing tennis because of Miloslav Mecir, who won the gold medal for our country at the Games in Seoul (in 1988) and, for me, it was the biggest performance," she said . "Doing it on the courts of Wimbledon would be even more gratifying since it is my favorite tournament. I do not know how long I'll play, but I still have goals, to become the world number one and to win Wimbledon. "

Easier to say than to do, however.

"Women's tennis is really open now and anyone can win a big tournament, she said. This is what is most frustrating because I am working hard on the court and off court, and I have some opportunities, without succeeding. "

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. September 2011 15:58 

Local Time:
"Women's tennis is really open now and anyone can win a big tournament, she said. This is what is most frustrating because I am working hard on the court and off court, and I have some opportunities, without succeeding. "

Exactly Daniela.. :(

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. September 2011 18:19 

Local Time:
Daniela talking about her injury after the Czink match:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next