Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier I Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Challenge Bell, Quebec City
PostPosted: 14. September 2011 19:37 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:55

(translated from french)

Not very elegant, but mission accomplished anyway. "The opposition of Tomjlanovic did not surprise me because it's a girl with talent and I had already seen her play, said Hantuchova. In addition, a first match is never easy."

"Losing my service early in the second set allowed her to be more offensive, to hit harder and take advantage of her strong service. Sometimes it's good to be hustled at the start of the tournament, and I take it as a wake-up call.

Hantuchova has confessed that she was distracted by several factors, including ball kids, and spectators who did not know that they shall not move in the stands during the game. She also complained about ball kids to the referee.

"It's my fault letting me distracted. You have to adjust yourself to each tournament, especially when you come from a Grand Slam, where everything is perfectly organized and where you have nothing to worry. "

Despite the obstacle, she never doubted of the victory. "Tomljanovic is young (18 years) and I knew she would give me opportunities. "

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. September 2011 00:12 

Local Time:
Thanks for the translation and the quotes, Jean Raj.

Daniela plays Melinda Czink next and Czink won here two years ago, she beat Daniela in Bali in 2006 and she beat Stosur at Wimbledon this year, so she can't be underestimated although she really hasn't done very much recently. If Daniela plays like she has for most of this year she should beat Czink easily enough and she's also had a match to get used to the conditions. Daniela has to be focused.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 15. September 2011 11:02 

Local Time:
Thursday's Order of Play

Not Before 19:00 hrs
Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK) vs Melinda CZINK (HUN)

ITF Champion
PostPosted: 15. September 2011 16:03 

Local Time:
Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hello again from Québec...

I didn't have a match today. I practiced in the morning and got everything done, then we got to enjoy the city in the afternoon, including getting my favorite: crepes with nutella :) We just came back from dinner and now I'm just relaxing.

We went to the same place for dinner - being as superstitious as I am, we have to! For a few nights in a row I had pasta with seafood, and tiramisu every night too. Tonight I had the salmon. The food is excellent here. Of course the crepes are fantastic... I'm hoping to try the fondue soon. My mom is loving it here. There are so many things downtown - art galleries, little local stores.

It reminds us a lot of Monte Carlo here...

You can already feel the autumn coming, I can't believe summer is almost over. It feels like just a little while ago we were in Stanford and the summer was starting. It's over already! The weather is holding up nicely here considering it's September. I can't imagine how cold it'll be in the winter here!

Thursday is going to be a very sad day for Slovakia, because it's the funeral for Pavol Demitra, the former captain of the Slovak national hockey team who was killed in the recent Russian plane crash. He was our biggest hero in Slovakia, one of our greatest athletes of all time. This summer he said goodbye to us from the national team, and now unfortunately we are having to say goodbye to him. It was a terrible tragedy. He and all those who died that day will be missed...

I'm just getting ready to sleep but I will talk to you again tomorrow after my match. I'm looking forward to it - I will do my best as always.

Love, Dani

Your calendar was wonderful, will there be a 2012 one? Mehdy, Iran

Oh yes - we did the shoot after Wimbledon in Monte Carlo. It was a different experience from last year but it went great, and the team was fantastic again. We had a lot of fun doing it. It will be out within a month. And once again, everything will be going to a charity I've supported for a long time, the House Of The Smile in Cambodia, for children suffering from HIV. I didn't feel like it was a commitment - it was something I really wanted to do. I'm very excited about it!

What music are you listening to right now? Svein, Norway

I have my iPod right in front of me, let me browse through! Okay... Lady Gaga, Edge of Glory... One Republic, Good Life... Maroon 5, Moves Like Jagger... and also Beyoncé, Best Thing I Never Had. Those are just a few!

How many racquets and shoes do you go through every year, and what do you do with all of the old ones? Ben, USA

I usually send my old things to charity, and sometimes my racquets to friends or whoever wants to use them. How many of them do I go through, let me think... probably 20 to 25 racquets a year, and the same for shoes!

What is it about Italy that you like so much? Jaime, Spain

Good question! I first went to Italy when I was 12, and I fell in love with it. I've always felt like I belong there - that feeling has never changed. The food, the people, the atmosphere... I just feel very comfortable there. I feel like I'm at home. I have so many great memories there. And their whole approach to life is just enjoying every moment, which I feel really connected to.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. September 2011 23:14 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 03:55
Lucie Safarova, the #2 seed here, was eliminated today in straight sets so things have opened up even more for Daniela.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 00:19 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:55
You can barely see the ball on the stream..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 00:28 

Local Time:
Daniela HANTUCHOVA versus Melinda CZINK

Daniela a break up early on, leading 2-0 and serving.

DH-MC
1-0 DH holds
2-0 MC broken
3-0 DH holds to 30
3-1 MC holds to 40
4-1 DH holds to 40 (two aces in game, including one on second serve)
4-2 MC holds to 40 (third game in a row to go to deuce at least once)
4-3 DH broken to 15, back on serve (both players have a 1 from 1 break point conversion rate)
4-4 MC holds (MC has now won more points than DH, 31 to 28)
4-5 DH broken to 30 (MC wins fourth straight game, will now serve for opening set)
5-5 MC broken
5-6 DH broken to 40, with a double-fault on BP (MC will again serve for opening set)
6-6 MC broken
6-7 MC wins tie-break, by 7 points to 4

... Both players held serve three times and broke three times, both with a conversion rate of 3/6. DH's first serve percentage was 54%, MC's was 51%. DH stood out on the ace count, serving 6, while MC didn't serve any. MC had won more points by the end of the set, 51 to DH's 46.

DH-MC
1-0 MC broken (perfect start to this second set for DH)
2-0 DH holds
2-1 MC holds
3-1 DH holds
3-2 MC holds
4-2 DH holds to 40

Last edited by asj001 on 16. September 2011 01:39, edited 4 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 01:17 

Local Time:
Daniela so out of form atm and of course Czink playing one of her best matches this year 6-7 :oops:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 01:37 

Local Time:
Does the commentator really think Daniela is German? :shock:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 02:28 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 17:55
3rd set: she's up 4-1 now..now to serve

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 02:31 

Local Time:
3rd set: she's up 4-1 now..now to serve

1 more game...broke her!!

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 02:34 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 04:55
Love how facing her first break point in two sets, Daniela just threw an ace down to get out of it.

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 02:49 

Local Time:
she won! .. 6-3 in the 3rd set...whew crappy match

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 02:50 

Local Time:
Heart attack tennis but thankfully dani came thru in the end. Czink at times was amazing.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. September 2011 05:03 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 03:55
Court Bell (from 12.00hrs)

1. Tamira Paszek vs. Heather Watson
2. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Marina Erakovic (NB 13.30hrs)
3. Dekmeijere/Mueller vs. Lee-Waters/Moulton-Levy
4. Michaella Krajicek vs. Rebecca Marino (NB 19.00hrs)
5. Barbora Zahlavova Strycova vs. Andrea Hlavackova

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next