Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Challenge Bell, Quebec City
PostPosted: 9. September 2011 20:41 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:47
Dates: September 12-18, 2011 image
Venue: Quebec City, Canada
Tier: International
Prize Money: $220,000
Surface: Carpet/Indoors
Tournament Director: Jacques Herisset

Official Website: www.challengebell.com

2010 Performance: Did not play.
Last Appearance: 2004 1st round. Lost to Melanie Gloria 6-3 2-6 6-1

Singles:
1R: [1] Daniela Hantuchova bt Alja Tomljanovic (CRO) 6-0 2-6 6-4
2R: [1] Daniela Hantuchova bt Melinda Czink (HUN) 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3
QF: Marina Erakovic (NZL) bt [1] Daniela Hantuchova 6-4 6-4

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Challenge Bell, Quebec City
PostPosted: 9. September 2011 20:46 

Local Time:
Singles Draw:
MDS.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. September 2011 21:03 

Local Time:
It's a pretty good draw and Daniela has a great chance of doing well here. A lot will depend on how fit and motivated Daniela is because she's been playing a lot of matches recently and she's had injury issues lately. The Asian tournaments will have pretty much all of the top players there and Linz has a strong field so this is a very good opportunity for Daniela.

Tomljanovic is a young player who's mainly played the ITF circuit and qualifying so Daniela should beat her easily enough and build momentum for the rest of the tournament, but she has to focus on getting past the first round.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2011 15:17 

Local Time:
Certainly some pressure on Daniela this week. She's the top seed and has a good draw, and should really win through to the final. Anything less than a semi-final showing would be poor.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 15:15 

Local Time:
the runner up gets $19,000. The same amount of money for a US Open 1st round exit.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 15:57 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:47
Daniela's doing the WTA blog from Quebec this week.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 16:57 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Court Bell (from 11.00hrs)
1. Jill Craybas vs. Lucie Safarova
2. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Ajla Tomljanovic (NB 12.30hrs)
3. Tamira Paszek vs. Ashley Weinhold
4. Elena Bovina vs. Sofia Arvidsson
5. Dabrowski/Dubois vs. Lee-Waters/Moulton-Levy
6. Gail Brodsky vs. Aleksandra Wozniak (NB 19.00hrs)
7. Varvara Lepchenko vs. Eugénie Bouchard

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 18:45 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 03:47
I see Daniela took off 6 - 1 in the first set today and now down 1 - 4. anybody watching livestreams or know why the turn around.

Now 1 - 5

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 19:34 

Local Time:
just joined the stream

and Ustream
5-4 in the 3rd set for DH

Profile WWW

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 19:34 

Local Time:
I see Daniela took off 6 - 1 in the first set today and now down 1 - 4. anybody watching livestreams or know why the turn around.

Now 1 - 5
my scoreboard says: 6-0 2-6 5-4*

what happened after the first set? How could such a one-sided match become so tough?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 19:52 

Local Time:
God, that was tense. I saw the match from 4-0 in the first and Daniela went through the first set fairly easily as Tomljanovic was making loads of errors and Daniela was teeing off. Daniela played a sloppy service game when she served at the start of the second set putting a few fairly easy shots long and serving a double fault and that got Tomljanovic going and she started to play a lot better, reducing her errors while she started to hit more winners and Tomljanovic had a powerful shot so she was able to dictate a few rallies when she got the first strike in while Daniela was making errors.

Daniela dug in in the third, got more balls in play hit more winners and put a bit of pressure on Tomljanovic who made some errors but also made some nice shots. Tomljanovic played well in the last two sets and she did hit some very good shots, especially when she came from 0-40 down to hold at 4-3 in the third. It's good that Daniela was able to come through a battle against a tough opponent without playing her best tennis, she held her nerve and was able to get the job done. Hopefully with the first round out of the way, Daniela can relax a bit and play like she was earlier in the season.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 19:54 

Local Time:
Oh boy. Way too much stress for a first round match-luckily Daniela's experience prevailed,because I was having kittens at the thought of her serving after all those BP's went begging. Hopefully the match will have got the competitive juices flowing again.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 20:09 

Local Time:
It was crucial that Daniela broke back right away after she dropped serve at the start of the third because it would have been very difficult if Tomljanovic had gone 2-0 up. Fortunately, Daniela was never behind after the first game and had the advantage of serving first.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2011 20:20 

Local Time:
It was crucial that Daniela broke back right away after she dropped serve at the start of the third because it would have been very difficult if Tomljanovic had gone 2-0 up. Fortunately, Daniela was never behind after the first game and had the advantage of serving first.

True. Tomljanovic wasted 30-0 in that game as well. The most dangerous moments for Daniela are when she's missed opportunities,or to be more accurate when she feels that she has missed opportunities(the Croat played exceptional tennis to stave off the break points late in the third) so I wasn't confident about her next service game if MP's had come and gone. Her opponent was taking huge cuts at her serve late on-sooner or later those balls start going in.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. September 2011 15:45 

Local Time:
Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hello again everyone :)

I had my first match of the tournament today, against a talented young girl, Ajla Tomljanovic. I felt I did everything right in the first set. I lost serve in the beginning of the second set - after that she started so serve really well and go for her shots. I was down 5-2 in no time and lost the second set, but I'm glad about the way I kept fighting for it. I was playing much better in the third - even though I was down a break early in the third set, I felt confident I could still turn it around. I waited for my chances and took them when they came.

It was a long match but I feel very good. We've been working hard physically the last few weeks, and I never have problems in matches like this. Especially indoors, the rallies aren't very long. I worked out afterwards - the facility here is great, they have a great gym. I'm just trying to be in the best shape possible.

Tomorrow I have a day off. I'm going to hit in the morning and do some training, working on things I wasn't happy with today... then I'll have a nice lunch, maybe relax in the afternoon, and then I have a sponsor visit at 6pm. Then dinner...

The food here is incredible. There are great coffee places and there's this great restaurant we've gone to twice in a row now... it's called Savini. It's very close to the hotel. There's live music as well. This area is fantastic...

Thank you for your questions... keep them coming :)

Talk to you again tomorrow!

Love, Dani

"She's a talented girl - I was expecting a tough match and was surprised how easy the first set went," said Hantuchova. "Then I lost my serve right away in the second, and she started to play more freely. But it's good to have a tough match at the beginning of a tournament… a little wake-up call. I'm here to do well, so I know I'll have to play very well."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next