HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati
PostPosted: 18. August 2011 19:27 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 14:19
6-3 5-7 :cry:

Credit to Bartoli for winning the 2nd set, hopefully Bartoli's tired and Daniela can get mentally get this back.

4/17 bps taken...just not good enough...there's probably a medical timeout...

think no medical timeout! yesterday they make a heat break after 2nd set! so i think the same today!

OMG!!!! DANIELA!!!!!!!!!! This is soooo wonderful!!!!!! congrats!!!!! but it could have been faster and much easier.... :mrgreen:
i'm sooo happy for her :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: so now please recover fast and good!!! :hearts:

btw: a semi final here and daniela will move forward in the rankings! lisicki, wickmayer, goerges and vinci lost in 1st or 2nd round! ;) would be fantastic...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2011 20:12 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 13:19
Zvonareva has defeated qualifier Martic in straight sets, 6-2 6-2. Match time: 1 hour.

Elsewhere, what a match between Nadal and Verdasco, lasting 3 hours 37 minutes, with Nadal eventually winning 11-9 in the final set tie-breaker.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2011 21:06 

Local Time:
Absolutely superb win by Daniela who showed her skill, fighting spirit and fitness to come through a long match and get another top ten win. It would have been great if she'd been able to finish the match in straight sets as she had the chances to do so but she kept going in the third and took her chances to get the win. This is Daniela's fifth top ten win of 2011 and that's more than in 2008 - 2010 combined and only one less than in 2007. It'll also give her good points to boost her ranking and give her a good seeding for the US Open and she's hardly got anything to defend until Pattaya. What a win, what a woman!

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2011 21:33 

Local Time:
Hantuchova after triumphing over Bartoli shine satisfaction. "It was a great match, one of my best this year. Before the U.S. Open is a very good signal. Against Bartoli's never easy to win this and I had to fight hard, the more I appreciate it. After the second set was played important not to lose your head. It was warm, so come to a short ten-minute break during which I tried to recover. It was important that that game in the third I was patient and I was able to keep up with her ​​in exchanges," said Hantuchova, who is expecting to Zvonariovovej even more difficult game. "It is the second player in the world. If I succeed, I try to play aggressive and nepustitť it to the game. I'll have to fight alone."
@ google translate.

"I very much needed just such a victory. It was terrible heat so that the second set we had a ten minute break for the 'heat rule'. The conditions were really quite difficult. Now I am quite tired but extremely happy because it was a super match, about one of the best from my side this year. gave me a lot of confidence before the U.S. Open. Hopefully tomorrow it nadviažem against Zvonareva will not have anything to lose," said Daniela Hantuchova.
"I played very well tactically. I tried to keep Bartoli under pressure that she had a chance to push me. To set and a half, I dictated the pace, but then she has added to the aggression. For those of my brutal brejkbaloch risked acted great. We had terribly long and very fast exchange. It's also about which of us it lasts better condition. In a very close battle decided a few balls, I fully fought to the end and I am glad that this time it ended in my favor. Also due to the difficult conditions it is very appreciated."
@ google translate.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 03:40 

Local Time:
Daniela 2nd Match at Grandstand After Murray vs Simon . So live on eurosport :) :beer:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 11:10 

Local Time:
One win away from the top 20 once again! Would be fantastic:-D

hellene fan
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 12:42 

Local Time:
yes live on esp,nice and i have good feeling
and yes eddy until the end of season only 3rd round in usopen and bali points to defend,top ten finish not out of question

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 18:30 

Local Time:

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 18:36 

Local Time:
hawk-eye already against Danka...

Zvonareva breaks, 0-1*
*0-2
1-2*
1*-3
2-3* Daniela's serve is getting much better now, still some errors out of nothing. holds to 30 with some beautiful tennis, getting Vera completely off the court :D

3*-5
3-6 :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 20:33 

Local Time:
OMG :((((

That second set was so close... and the tiebreak! :( Daniela was playing very well in the second, but still those errors in the end during the key moments cost her the tb....

I was so scared watching the second set... :O It was so close... and Daniela is once again the one who had less luck there. There should have been the decider at least.

No top20 yet... pity :(

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 20:42 

Local Time:
Too bad. I wonder if she should skip New Haven because her second serve today had absolutely nothing on it,which makes me think her shoulder might be playing up again. Hopefully I'm wrong. :dunno:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 22:10 

Local Time:
New Haven draw:

1R: Bartoli
2R: Pennetta (possibly)

Are you kidding me? :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 22:44 

Local Time:
It's disappointing that Daniela didn't win this but she'd had a long, tough match yesterday and she'd also played one match more than Zvonareva plus Zvonareva's a very good player.

Daniela's had a good tournament with another top ten win and she's gained a lot of points this week so can take a lot from this tournament.

Nadal had a long match yesterday as well and he lost to Mardy Fish.

"The first set was not to my liking. Too bad I did not lay on the performance of previous matches at this tournament. I felt a little tired from Thursday's 'marathon'. I can not excuse it, but it reflected the fact that I was late Zvonareva at the ball and determined pace. That's what it is against the worst. In the second set already and me managed to get it under pressure, but too late I started to play what I had. Vera has done tactically wise. played very solid, hats off, but from my side it was not such power as in previous rounds. The most important thing was that I had to play faster and more aggressively," said Daniela Hantuchova and SITA said: "Today I did not work out, but overall it was good for me tournament. I am satisfied with those previous matches and that is what I have to take to New Haven and at the U.S. Open."
@ google translate.

New Haven draw:

1R: Bartoli
2R: Pennetta (possibly)

Are you kidding me? :D

"Oh nice," laughed Daniela Hantuchova, she learned the name of the nearest rival, and continued: "First we will enjoy the rest of the week. It will be important to recover well, there were matches in a large heat very difficult. Even his head is far as I New Haven."
@ google translate.

I've got to say that at the moment I'm not that bothered about New Haven because Daniela's had a good week here and the US Open the week after is a lot more important.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 23:25 

Local Time:
I've got to say that at the moment I'm not that bothered about New Haven because Daniela's had a good week here and the US Open the week after is a lot more important.
So am I.. not bothered about that :)

What a coincidence... but pretty usual for Daniela's draws, I must say. :D

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2011 23:42 

Local Time:
Eurosport finally got round to showing the final few games and TB. Ye Gods was Daniela ever PISSED at losing that match-understandably so as she would follow a brilliant point with an excruciating unforced error,ending with two BH shanks. I would not like to have been her coach after the game was over.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next