Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 16:01 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:40
And an added treat Jankovic lost :lol: :lol:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 16:03 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:40
Still, is this match the longest ever? How about the match against Asagoe?
That match was just under 3 hours, mainly because of the first being 6-0. The final set (12-10) lasted well over 90 minutes.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 16:04 

Local Time:
That was no good for the heart-more Valium required.

Has still never lost a first round match at Wimbledon. :beer:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 16:06 

Local Time:
If memory serves me right,her match against Kulikova at the AO lasted 3 hours 38 minutes. But I'd rather not think about that match. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 16:10 

Local Time:

From a Danielacentric viewpoint, Kanepi and Peer both losing is better because they were closer to her in the ranking and Kanepi had quarter-final points to defend.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 16:13 

Local Time:

From a Danielacentric viewpoint, Kanepi and Peer both losing is better because they were closer to her in the ranking and Kanepi had quarter-final points to defend.

I love that word Danielacentric! :P

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 18:09 

Local Time:
"It was a terribly difficult game. Especially that I did not know what to expect. In recent days because I spent more time with doctors than the courts - tennis was the last thing I had in my head. Yesterday I only zatrénovala half an hour. This rival, which has done incredibly. She played tennis on coercive fearless risk taking and with minimal errors. When all combined, it was not truly the easiest ... I have fought and do not even know how I managed to turn . In the state of 3:5 in the tie-break there was a brutal exchange: I give liftovaný volley, smash two ... I did not in any way to go this early in the tournament," said Daniela Hantuchova in a conference call for Slovak media and added. "The Accordingly, as I played in the past two weeks, I have the piece was that it was all the time must come back. Ono in those important moments and finally really showed. Given what preceded this match, a victory very much appreciate . neprestávať was essential to fight and always think positive."

"In any case, my head did not pass the idea that I would prefer not to play here. It's Wimbledon and the kebyže here ...," Slovenka a pending offer, and yet veľavýznamnú statement about where in the hierarchy of this tournament is. "abdomen and arm, I had zatejpované. Abdomen was - I have to knock - today during the match 'okay', I went to the laser, since there was bleeding. Rather, I am very worried that his shoulder. In recent days I could not take Voltaren, now I start again and perhaps it will turn better. Servis today I certainly could give a maximum of 50-60 percent - the grass is not ktoviečo. In the last two weeks I have helped the administration enough, today I have the service could not rely at all," said Hantuchova.

In the second round of Wimbledon 2011, Hantuchova pit your skills against 23-year New Zealand's Marina kvalifikantkou Erakovicovou (144th). It will be their first mutual match. On the third the paper-round duel shaping Slovaks Victoria Azarenka of Belarus. "Erakovicovú I noticed in Birmingham, where she played a good game. It is a handy, go to network, play grass tennis. Certainly it will be difficult game. I have to somehow put together. The day off In addition, help me, but now I have to play on Wednesday. fyioterapeutmi I'm going right after that I put in order," heralded Hantuchova.
@ google translate.

Hantuchova was happy that thanks to its enormous militancy managed to advance to the second round. "It was a very difficult match. I did not know what I expect from it, because the last day I went over to the doctor and tennis was the last thing I had in my head. Last night I premolars only 20 minutes. Moreover Djačenková played neuverieľný tennis, nátalakový risky and with a minimum of errors. do not even know how I managed to turn around. I appreciate, as I fought to the end. In the second set 3:5 in the state tabrejku I was not all one. We were there brutal exchange, in which I played liftovaný and two smash volley. I did not in any way to leave the tournament so early. Third, that game I remembered my good performance of the last two weeks where I vychytila ​​form in key moments I had the upper hand," Hantuchova said.

Slovak unit during the match rather than his shoulder was bothering abdominal muscles. "Bruce and I had zatejpované I have to knock - it was ok. More trouble my arm done. Yesterday I did not take Voltaren for pain, as shown. In the match itself, however, one such perceive things, trying to concentrate on my game," said Hantuchova, who is waiting to Erakovičovej hard match. "In truth I did not know against whom he joined in the next round. Erakovičovú I have seen in Birmingham and played a good match there. It's a clever player, which goes to the net and playing good tennis grass. Now it is important that I struggle with the triapolhodinovom Djačenkovou physically put together. Yesterday's rain helped me, but tomorrow I have to play another match, so there is no win," said Hantuchova.
@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 18:16 

Local Time:
So the shoulder is worse than the abdomen..hmm..it will be incredible if she makes 3rd round...she can't serve more than 60% so she's popping the serves in. :-|

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 19:51 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:40
Such bad luck, daniela has :oops:

This could've been a great slam for her... It still can be, with a bit of luck.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 21:32 

Local Time:
Not Before:17:30 (court TBA)
Ladies' Singles - 2nd Round
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[25] vs. Marina Erakovic(NZL)

Let's pray for the rain again....

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 21:53 

Local Time:
Another good schedule for Daniela, i doubt she'll get on court due to the some rain forecast. And even if she does at least it's late on in the day, and she knows it won't be before 5:30pm.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 22:32 

Local Time:
It's a decent schedule because it gives Daniela a bit of time to recover and she could get on one of the big show courts or she might get the day off. There's a chance of rain and I'd love Daniela to have a day off tomorrow just to rest and have treatment for her injuries. Just spending that amount of time on court today plus all the matches she played in Birmingham and Eastbourne will have taken a lot out of her physically and mentally, so she'll have to make a herculean effort to be ready for tomorrow and go on and get a win.

Erakovic has had some good results this year. She won a few ITF events and she beat Lisicki in an ITF event, albeit on clay, and she had good wins in Birmingham against Shvedova and Errani and she took a set off Peng. If Daniela was fit, she'd win this fairly easily, but she's injured and tired right now so it'll be very tough.

Weather forecast:

@ Wimbledon.com

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 23:41 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:40
I'm happy she won and I'm even happier I was at work and didn't have to watch.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2011 23:51 

Local Time:
Latest forecast indicates heavy rain at 13:00, just an hour after play will have got under way on the outside courts.
I think 19:30 will be the earliest Daniela will get on court, and we know from today that most of the TBA matches in this similar position were actually postponed (I think only Sharapova-Chakvetadze got on court), and there weren't even any rain delays today. That being said the schedule for court 4 tomorrow isn't too heavy - three ladies' singles matches and one men's doubles - so this could be where one of the TBA matches is placed towards the end of the day.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 22. June 2011 02:06 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:40
Great come back for Daniela. From the pictures she didn't seem to be holding back much. Hopefully she will get her match in tomorrow even if it is late.

So hard to WATCH a scoreboard and get a feel for the match, especially as long as the first set was. Thank god Wimbledon radio covered the end of the match to give a feel of what was going on.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next