Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 18:45 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:52
I didnt see enough of the match to be give much of an opinion. Obviously it is annoying that Daniela lost, but Azarenka is the number four seed and for a reason, so I cannot be too disappointed. Daniela, considering her injuries, done the minimum required and I'm happy with that. A little frustrating that the draw in front of her had opened up, but never mind. Daniela can now enjoy herself in the doubles, go off and get some rest before the long, hard and arduous hard court season begins.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 18:49 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 20:52
well atleast she passed the R2that she made last year... and i know Daniela will continue her great form until US Open..just take a rest..now she can rest!!... take revenge on the doubles.. I'm looking forward for this...

i'm just sad that the draw is so open :( ..

take a rest Dani.. good job!

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 19:04 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:52
No luck for Daniela today-neither with the double-bounce call,myopic linesman or the rain delay that came at a very inauspicious moment.

She needs her serve to be working well to best Azarenka-it was in Doha,but not today. Played well in patches but never seemed able to really string the points together to put pressure on her opponent. A few too many errors on the BH than we've seen recently-maybe the abdominal injury comng into play?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 19:08 

Local Time:
This sucks. I only saw the match from the restart and Azarenka played very well with powerful groundstrokes. It helped her that she was serving first in the third set and the match got stopped at 30-30 1-2 on Daniela's serve. She got broken right at the restart and that gave Azarenka momentum for the rest of the match while Daniela was in a hole without much time to fightback while Azarenka was playing well. Damned rain, bah.

Daniela's been having to go through quite a bit of physiotherapy and take anti-inflammatories to get ready to play so having a match interrupted and cooling down and having to warm up again wouldn't have helped her too much.

At the same time I'd have taken this when Diatchenko was 5-3 up in the tiebreak in the first round. There's still the doubles and Daniela & Agnieszka can have a good run there. With all her wins in Birmingham, Eastbourne and here, Daniela's got a lot of points and she already has more between Roland Garros and the US Open than she did last year and she's still got the hardcourt season to come. Daniela only has San Diego, the US Open and Bali to defend between now and Pattaya so as long as she can maintain her form then she has a great chance to go up the rankings. She can have a few weeks to heal her injuries and come back fully fit for the rest of the year.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 20:00 

Local Time:
It is so disappointing. A never ending story at Grand Slams and especially at Wimbledon.

The last 10 times Daniela played in Wimbledon she lost against GS-Champions 7 times and 5 times against the enventual Champion. I don't know, how Daniela deserves that.

And after 2 hard years, Daniela is in great form and 2 days befor the tournament starts, she gets injured. That is even more frustrating, as the draw clearly opend up. I don't see any player, that Daniela can't beat in the whole half of her draw.
Maybe that was one of the best draws she ever had.

But nevertheless, her performance was really good today IMO. Just after the break, Azarenka had the better start and played superd tennis till the end.
The rain made the difference today.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 21:43 

Local Time:
"It's a shame, in Title I should win that game ... In the first few times I hesitated. Secondly, I was playful, but then came the interruption, and after that it went quickly. Gave two rival returns and suddenly I - I do not know how - 1:4 replayed. After the rain has gone into Azarenka aggressive finish. She closed her eyes, potriafala many lines, it's based," said Daniela Hantuchova, and added: "After losing to always find a reason for something to read. can I not play with her ​​such 'shootings', to suit her. I am very particular nepodržal service: given the 60 percent is really pleasing. But I must admit that after pulling the roof Azarenka played great. sounder was the interlude, constantly pushing me. I like to sometimes unnecessarily play something extra."
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 21:45 

Local Time:
Schedule of Play, Day 6: Saturday 25 June

Court 7

12:00
Gentlemen's Doubles - 2nd Round
Matthias Bachinger(GER) / Frank Moser(GER) vs. Juan Ignacio Chela(ARG)[12] / Eduardo Schwank(ARG)[12]

Ladies' Doubles
Bethanie Mattek-Sands(USA)[5] / Meghann Shaughnessy(USA)[5] vs Lourdes Dominguez Lino(ESP) / Laura Pous-Tio(ESP)
To Finish 7-6(1) 3-2

Mixed Doubles - 1st Round
Paul Hanley(AUS) / Su-Wei Hsieh(TPE) vs. Juan Sebastian Cabal(COL) / Polona Hercog(SLO)

Ladies' Doubles
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[13] / Agnieszka Radwanska(POL)[13] vs. Sandra Klemenschits(AUT) / Tamira Paszek(AUT)

Girls' Singles - 1st Round
Cristina Dinu(ROU) vs. Lucia Butkovska(SVK)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 22:28 

Local Time:
What a pity :(

Daniela I wish you better success during your most favourite grand slam. Hope its gonna be next year at last :)

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 22:35 

Local Time:
I saw the whole match and Daniela played well. The first set was tight, although the scoreline suggests it was comfortable for Azarenka. Daniela played a solid second set and was also playing well into the third. The rain delay favoured Azarenka massively. To come back at 1-2, 30-30 and attempt to hold, as was the case for Daniela, is never going to be easy. Azarenka was swinging freely; she knew she had nothing to lose in that first game back on the re-start.

It’s not the most disappointing of results. Daniela has had solid recent form, BUT, her ranking is yet to catch up. Come the US Open her ranking will be higher and her draw will subsequently be better. Azarenka is, for me, not a potential winner, but she is a potential semi-finalist, and is fresh, young, and produces great results almost every week she plays. It’s always going to be a tough match-up for Daniela.

For me, though, Daniela has had one of the best clay/grass seasons of her career. She’s beaten a current world number 1 and a former world number 1. She’s had a fourth round showing at the French, and a third round at Wimbledon. Moreover, she reached the final in Edgebaston, and followed it up with a semi-final showing the week after. Daniela doesn't do that too often. These results, combined with her win in Pattaya City and her win over Azarenka earlier in the year, reflect Daniela’s improved game and on-court mentality.

While the injury was disappointing, and affected her result in Eastbourne, and her initial preparations for Wimbledon, I actually don’t think it had a great bearing on the match today. Daniela lost momentum with the rain delay, whereas Azarenka came out bold and feisty.

Daniela will surely have a good shot at the doubles, particularly since Agnieszka is also out of singles and will too be focusing solely on one draw. Post-Wimbledon then provides plenty of recovery time, and Daniela can then approach the hard court season with a lot of confidence. Playing in Stanford, Carlsbad, Cincinnati, and Toronto means a lot of points up for grabs, and a very realistic shot at cementing her place in the top-twenty. This could yet be one of Daniela’s best years on the tour.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 23:08 

Local Time:
It’s not the most disappointing of results.

I beg to differ,it's a slam,it's the one Daniela covets the most,and I don't believe that she has ever gone into Wimbledon in such good form as this year. She even avoided meeting the Williams sisters early on in the draw.
While the injury was disappointing, and affected her result in Eastbourne, and her initial preparations for Wimbledon, I actually don’t think it had a great bearing on the match today.

It did make a difference in the crucial moments-2 DF to give away the crucial break in the first set,and in the third where Vika was killing the returns. Daniela made 63% first serves,but only won 61% of those points-I believe that had she been able to serve at full pace she would have been able to pick up more easy points. In a close match such as this one,it could have made the difference.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 23:33 

Local Time:
I think we must remember that it was a bit of a miracle that daniela even started the tournament. She's done amazingly well to get to 3rd round. I think the first set cost her the match actually. She was playing very gingerly at the beginning and her shots were quite weak and couldn't convert a break point at 3 all. The 2nd set was on the whole terrific. It was a definite advantage that vika was serving first in the 3rd set and to have to stop 30-30 was really unfortunate. Yes daniela had a good draw here but maybe losing today was meant to happen as i'm not sure her arm and abdomen would hold up much longer. I think and hope she withdraws from doubles to give herself the best chance for a full recovery in time for the US Hardcourt swing.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 23:41 

Local Time:
I think we must remember that it was a bit of a miracle that daniela even started the tournament.

This is true. It is a terrible irony that the rain which helped her so much on Monday should cost her so badly today. :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2011 23:59 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:52
Question for those who watched: given that there was rain in the forecast, why wasn't the roof closed from the get go? I can only go by baseball here in the US where if there is any chance of rain, the roof is always closed for the game. And baseball plays through light rain much more so than tennis does.

Not saying the outcome would have been different otherwise, it just strikes me as odd to build a retractable roof and not use it.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2011 00:43 

Local Time:
The showers was only 50% chance so I think they thought that it may not come. The end of the day Wimbledon is meant to be an outdoor tournament so I guess they try and avoid putting the roof on unless it starts raining.

I'm pretty sure Vika is fine for the semi-finals if she continues to play like she did today. I do think that if Daniela was injury free then should could have won today. Her serve was awful in the 1st set at times. Anyway, onwards and upwards I think Daniela will be around number 21 next week.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2011 02:03 

Local Time:
It’s not the most disappointing of results.

I beg to differ,it's a slam,it's the one Daniela covets the most,and I don't believe that she has ever gone into Wimbledon in such good form as this year. She even avoided meeting the Williams sisters early on in the draw.

Yes I agree she went into this year's Wimbledon in great form, but as I said her ranking didn't reflect her level, and as a result her seeding didn't either. She was inevitably going to get a tough draw, and whilst she has beaten Azarenka, this result isn't the most dissapointing of results given that (i) Azarenka is always going to be a difficult match for Daniela, whatever the surface, and Daniela is not going to neccesarily pull through a win even when she's playing well (ii) that Daniela, for the most part, did put in a solid performance today, and (iii) that the rain delay played a role and that is just tennis; Daniela came unlucky there.

Daniela is out of Wimbledon, but we've seen worse losses.

And as eddy says, it is impressive that Daniela even reached the third round, which makes her performance today slightly sweeter, and her loss a little less dissapointing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next