Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: AEGON International, Eastbourne
PostPosted: 18. June 2011 13:16 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 06:30
Shit. Certainly very worrying especially seeing as daniela retired mid game. Hopefully she is ok and didnt want to have two bad injuries leading into monday's 1st rounder. Overall great tournament daniela and all the best for Wimbledon.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2011 14:15 

Local Time:
Hope it's nothing serious :O

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2011 15:12 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 05:30
This is desperately disappointing and worrying that Daniela retired because she very rarely quits. She was behind and she was having an additional problem with her stomach, so it's better to retire rather than aggravate injuries just a couple of days before Wimbledon. Kvitova's a good player and thrashed Daniela in the Fed Cup in February but you really wonder how Daniela could have done if she was 100%.

It's not just this tournament and Wimbledon that we've got to worry about, it's the rest of the season as well.

Get well soon, Daniela and be fit and healthy for Wimbledon and the rest of the year. You've been playing magnificent tennis in the last month thrashing the world no. 1 at Roland Garros, beating Ivanovic to get the Birmingham final and beating the Roland Garros champion and Venus Williams in Eastbourne.

Last year Daniela got 420 points between Roland Garros and the US Open, she's already got 400 points from Birmingham and Eastbourne. It's a long season and she's only really got San Diego, US Open and Bali to defend points at between now and Pattaya. As long as Daniela stays fit and healthy she'll have so many opportunities to win matches and tournaments and go up in the rankings. Fortunately, her draw at Wimbledon is pretty decent and she can recover in time to do herself justice.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2011 15:20 

Local Time:
Twitter feed of someone watching the match
1st set tweets.png
TB & 2nd set tweets.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2011 15:51 

Local Time:
"It's a new injury, abdominal muscles on the left side. It happened to me the state of 3:0 in the first game. Dobiehala I backhand and that terribly windy, the wind knocked the ball even less. I made a stupid move and I felt a sharp prick. I tried to play on, zatejpovali me, but it does not look good. I do not know what to injury I would do. I was just on the ultrasound, I have said little bleeding. It's very frustrating, I played so well ... " Hantuchova sighed. "Today has been fanned about ten times more than on Thursday against the 'Venus'. Although we have with Petra said that such winds have not even played one of us. I even after fighting injuries, there were chances, we had both given in very difficult conditions. When I return, however subconsciously afraid to play anything dočahované. Even after the impact there, I felt shock. Maybe I'm so aggravated that I played so long. I can not just leave the court. "
@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2011 16:07 

Local Time:
Holy crap. I fear the worst.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2011 16:25 

Local Time:
Internal bleeding..... :cry:

I don't see how she can play without risking serious injury.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2011 18:45 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 01:30
The worst thing is that is not her shoulder but a new injury :oops:

Oh, daniela, why are you so unlucky? Hope she can just rest this up and continue her form.

I'd rather she does not risk it at Wimbly.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2011 19:45 

Local Time:
Hantuchova was very disappointed that the problems could tag an abdominal semi-finals. "I strongly hope that I come to Wimbledon, where I had already played the first match on Monday. The injury occurred in the state of 3:0 in the first game, when I dobiehala backhand.'s more wind blow and I felt a twinge in his abdomen that with advancing minutes still worse, so the condition of 2:4 in the second set I had to abandon the match. I was already on the ultrasound, which showed that there have small bleeding, and muscle is slightly stretched. I now hope for a miracle that it was ok until Monday," said Hantuchova.

Slovak argues that conditions during the semifinal match were far worse than during the quarterfinal with Venus Williams. "Winds blew more than ten times to Venus. Dočahovaní ball when I made ​​the wrong move, where I contracted the injury. The conditions today have nothing to do with tennis. Even a tie-break was rather about who gives the ball to the areola more than any tactics. I have to subconsciously I was not as aggressive RETURN, since dočahovaných strikes me everything hurt. Maybe I should have retired earlier, but I I try to always play to the last possible moment. For the first condition of 3:4 that game, I was treated. The state of 2:4 in the second act is no longer really was not," said Hantuchova, who is on two grass tournaments presented in excellent light.

"Self-confidence and I have a very large tennis is where it should be. In Eastbourne I beat three great players, including Venus, which gives me great joy. Frustrujúcejšie That for me is today's injury. The doctors now have to do something that I Wimbledon was the beginning of the fit, because that time is really very little."
@ google translate.

Petra Kvitova progressed through to the final when Daniela Hantuchova retired with an abdominal strain whilst trailing 6-7(9), 2-4.
The Czech fifth seed took a tight first set 11-9 on the tie-break and went an early break up in the second set before the unseeded Slovakian was forced to withdraw.

"It's not great; that's for sure" said Hantuchova of the injury. "It happened at 3-0 in the first set. I was running for a wide backhand and kind of felt a sharp pain and just was getting worse and worse from then.
"I will now hope for some magic and get as much treatment as I can. I am seeing the doctor now, and as soon as I come to Wimbledon I will try to work with the physios and try to do something to be able to be ready for Monday."

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2011 21:14 

Local Time:
This is very, very unfortunate. Daniela has been playing some of the best tennis of her career this year; particularly since Strasbourg. She started strongly against Kvitova and had a very good chance of winning had she not suffered this injury at 3-0 up. Like Strasbourg, it's another unlucky semi-final, and made more unfortunate by the fact that she had a shot at a premier-level title, playing Bartoli in the final, who would have certainly been beatable.
I'm sure she was very confident for Wimbledon prior to today, but this will have certainly dented her armour.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13