Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: AEGON International, Eastbourne
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 18:15 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 12:10
I have now words. I so EXTREMELY proud of Daniela. She has found a new self confidence and it´s paying off big time.

:D :D :D :D

ps: Im worried about the shoulder, though. Makes me think how she has risked injuries in the past just because of great form (AO SF and on). I trust she learned from that.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 19:55 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 23:10
Although I am happy for her, I just really scared about her shoulder.
Hoping for the best for Dani. Go Go Daniela!

;)

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 20:05 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 17:10
First of all WOW!!!!!!! I had the worst day at work and I come home to this result! Totally made my day! Incredible Daniela at the moment. I'm sure Daniela would have seeked advice from doctors about the shoulder and so as long as she's not making it worse then I don't see what the problem is. She says she has lots of exercises she does (2.5 hours a day) so she's obviously managing it.

You can watch the whole match on Eurosport Player. £3.99 for the month. Just click on videos once you've registered and it's there.

I just watched the whole match, Venus was good in parts but Daniela dealt with the wind much better, and kept moving Venus around with good pace and freedom. A few incredible shots from Daniela and very solid serving, especially in the variety which kept Venus guessing. I expect to see a much better Venus (and Serena) for that matter at Wimbledon. Have to say though Venus kept on fighting so all credit to Daniela for grinding it out!:)

I genuinely think that Daniela can play much better than this today and I think she'll have to against Kvitova. Would be amazing if she got to back to back finals.

If i'm honest at the moment I really couldn't care less about Wimbledon. Winning a title anywhere (especially a big tournament like Eastbourne is brilliant in my book and just as important as getting 3rd/4th of a slam. Obviously I don't want an injured Daniela but IMO she's right to keep on playing if the pills are working. After Wimbledon Daniela can take 3 weeks off so I'm sure she just wants to give it everything and heal the shoulder afterwards. Also at least in Wimbledon she gets a day off between matches so that's a bonus.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

ITF Champion
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 20:36 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 16:10
Many congratulations Daniela, another absolutely marvellous win. But I too am a concerned about that shoulder, hopefully it will be okay for the next match, and indeed Wimbledon.

:beer:

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 22:05 

Local Time:
Nearly ten years I've waited for this moment. Well done Danka! :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 23:39 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Friday, June 17, 2011

Centre Court (from 11.30hrs)
1. Petra Kvitova vs. Daniela Hantuchova
2. Samantha Stosur vs. Marion Bartoli
3. ATP: Kunitsyn vs. Seppi (NB 14.00hrs)
4. ATP: Nishikori vs. Tipsarevic
5. ATP: Dimitrov/Seppi vs. Erlich/Ram

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 23:58 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 10:10
Amazing victory and an amazing roll she's on right now with huge wins almost every week.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 17. June 2011 10:04 

Local Time:

I recorded it in TV quality from the middle of the second set. I can upload it to this site if you want (~3GB)

Yeah, that would be great.

It's on the way now.

I'm currently at university (the upload speed here is awesome :D ) but my Sat Receiver will automatically record today's match too. :)

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. June 2011 11:35 

Local Time:
Rain :roll: unlikely live play today. :o

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2011 12:48 

Local Time:
According to BBC weather, as 'mik loves dani' has referred to, it's meant to rain, and quite heavily, all day today. Can't see them getting on court, unfortunately. Could be a blessing in disguise for Daniela as it gives her another day to rest her shoulder, but it will mean that she will lose a rest day between Eastbourne and Wimbledon.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2011 14:15 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: I persuaded myself that I could have
Daniel Sarga | 17 June 2011 11:00

Daniela Hantuchova tennis survives in the long term than not. On the grass in Eastbourne English already forwarded to the semifinals, when disposed of an American former world champion Venus Williams 6:2, 5:7, 6:2. Until now this was the rival like a Slovak zakliata. In ten mutual matches had zero victories in the box and played will be only two sets. Now it finally broke.

After Roland Garros champion fresh Na Li Chinese women remained at a five-fold rocket Hantuchova Wimbledon winner, who wishes to give a gift to Friday 31st birthday. About three years younger rival would not let her. "I knew about her birthday. But I also knew well that no gift from me get free," said Daniela Hantuchova in a good mood for the truth.

You first beat Venus Williams in his career? What are the prevailing feelings in you?
I really appreciate that it managed to beat me just on the grass. Just saying that she won Wimbledon five times. As I finally convinced myself that it does not matter who is on the opposite side of the net when I play it, what I do. This is the most important of all.

You have not conceded that you have against each rival, against whom you have absolutely the worst record of all?
Absolutely I have not been addressed. Each match is different and I played in this tournament very well. I am now confident enough and I have no reason to deal with the past.

The wind was on the court places great enemy for you both. It you change the tactics of law in relation to wind conditions?
Absolutely. From the beginning I tried to follow exactly the game plan and build it to me. I played it on what we agreed with the coach. When, however, began to blow, it should be adapted to the wind. Unnecessarily risking the beauty and not to play because it is not paid.

The first set you played on as partes, but then the quality of the game marked the apparently troublesome wind.
In the second and third that game was probably already the most beautiful tennis. Important, however, was that I was mentally up and I fought for every ball. Sometimes enough to return it to the other side through the network, because it was abnormal and as the ball odfúkavalo. Certainly I did not want to play only obranársky. Experienced rival would be used.

In the second set have led 4-2, but the terminal was dominated by rival. It seemed that you have no power to push it.
From players like Venus Williams can not wait for that game I just surrendered. In the second set proved its quality. Important, however, was that I quickly threw away the set for the head up and was concentrated in the top third.

He was in good terminal match the evolving moment when you were already certain victory?
Also, anything in any match there. While not converted match point, nothing is certain. And especially on grass.

What is the status of sore shoulders, which are taking anti-inflammatory drugs?
It is not the best. Cold and wind in this game too profited arm. Definitely go for the physiotherapist to me about what the best care and try to wonder.

Already waiting for you round against Czech Petra Kvitova. What is to be prepared?
Petya plays grass very well, has excellent service. I do not really have anything to lose. In Eastbourne I ran three superzápasy and better preparation prior to Wimbledon I could wish for.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. June 2011 14:41 

Local Time:
#AEGONInternational There will be no play before 3.30pm at Eastbourne. It's still raining. If you have tickets for tomorrow you will see the tennis that is played tomorrow, including any matches carried over from today.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. June 2011 15:12 

Local Time:
According to a eastbourne tennis fan from tennis forum. It has stopped raining yay!!!! But they won't get on court for another 20 minutes.

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 17. June 2011 15:15 

Local Time:
oh no, that means that I won't be able to watch it. Also my receiver will stop recording soon. Argh.
Anyway good luck Dani.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 17. June 2011 15:37 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 02:10
Wowzah. I've been so busy with uni exams that i haven't had much of a chance to watch of Daniela's tennis... truly amazing to see the result against Venus. I was so so so happy.

Best of luck in the semi final Daniela! Hopefully i'll wake up to another fantastic result.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next