Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: AEGON International, Eastbourne
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 14:52 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:15
:D yeeeeeeeeees

:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 14:57 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:15
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:
This is awesome. What a performance, what resilience she showed, what skill. Daniela, you are absolutely amazing.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 15:00 

Local Time:
Well I feared it would be ugly...but that was a truly great performance from Daniela. Moving well,returning excellently and so consistent with the groundstrokes-17 UE in 3 sets with the wind swirling around like that was truly remarkable.

Gameplan was excellent too-working over Venus with cross-court forehands until she made a mistake. :beer:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 15:02 

Local Time:
I remember watching Daniela finally get one over on Serena at the Australian Open, and I remember how happy and proud of her I felt then. Without even seeing any of this match I have the same feeling, especially as she had the chance to close it in two sets today, but managed to retain her focus and won through. Congratulations Daniela!!

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 15:09 

Local Time:
absolutely superb perfomance,complete stunned with her willing to win
right choices in her shots at cruicial points

:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

ITF Player
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 15:19 

Local Time:
Congratulation :beer:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 15:40 

Local Time:
I don't normally like watching matches after the event, but please, whoever has recorded this or can find it online, please let me know :)

Scott

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 15:59 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 05:15
:beer: :beer:

Just got off flight and quickly checked for an update. UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY TO SEE THE SCORE!!!!

Just now now looking at stats. I was hoping Daniela was ON not Venus OFF. Looks like that was the case. Daniela was ON!!!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 16:14 

Local Time:
INCREDIBLE DANIELA!!

when i looked at the draw at the beginning I had never thought she will make it so far in this tournament

Danka a Maria

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 16:15 

Local Time:
I don't normally like watching matches after the event, but please, whoever has recorded this or can find it online, please let me know :)

Scott

I recorded it in TV quality from the middle of the second set. I can upload it to this site if you want (~3GB)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 16:21 

Local Time:

Scott

I recorded it in TV quality from the middle of the second set. I can upload it to this site if you want (~3GB)

Yeah, that would be great. Hopefully someone will have the rest of the match somewhere :)

Scott

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 16:22 

Local Time:
Daniela will play Petra Kvitova in the semi final tomorrow after she beat Radwanska 1-6 6-2 7-6

Scott

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 16:29 

Local Time:
Could we have another dream Eastbourne run to the final on our hands?
Scott

more such questions my friend scott 8-)

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 16:35 

Local Time:
Fantastic job Dani... I always believe in you..... good luck tomorrow :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2011 17:56 

Local Time:
Kvitova and Hantuchova set up semi-final meeting

Petra Kvitova and Daniela Hantuchova have won their quarter-finals at the AEGON International to set up a semi-final meeting with each other on Friday.
Kvitova, the world No.8, was a 1-6, 6-2, 7-6(2) winner over Agnieszka Radwanska in a topsy-turvy two hour match on court one.
Hantuchova put out Venus Williams, also needing three sets, triumphing 6-2, 5-7, 6-2 after two hours 25 minutes on Centre Court.

"I enjoyed it," said the Slovakian after the match, "It's a great win and just nice to be able to continue from a good form from Paris and Birmingham, as well, I'm having a great run."
The match was played out in very windy conditions on Centre and Hantuchova commented on that as well: "It was unreal. It got really ugly for both of us. It was difficult to play. I felt like I started off well before the wind came.
"First set I was hitting the ball as good as I could, and then obviously it got very difficult. So it was really mentally important to try to stay in the points and not to fight against myself and just try to play every point as it came."

The semi-final between Kvitova & Hantuchova will be their second meeting having played in the Fed Cup earlier this year, where it was the Czech player who ran out victorious in straight sets.
Hantuchova commented on her semi-final opponent, "Of course it's not going to be an easy match. She made the semifinals last year in Wimbledon. And obviously she likes grass. She's got a huge serve and big game.
"It will be a very difficult match, but I have nothing to lose. I already beat three great opponents and had a great time on grass so far. So I really will have no pressure tomorrow. Just going to try to improve few things here and there and have fun out there. Hopefully the wind will be better."

Venus Williams spoke about the conditions as well, "Today was really tough. It was hard to capitalize on the serve. It wasn't predictable out there, but I give her credit, she got a lot of balls back. She played some good tennis most of the time."

"This success means a lot to me," confessed to Hantuchova in the first interview on the court and added: "Initially I managed to Impact, but when rozfúkalo, we had it both difficult and we had to adapt the game changed circumstances. I am glad that I end managed. To reach the final in Birmingham I said at the outset of a specific grass season and a lot of confidence and it showed today."

Daniela Hantuchova later said: "Venus in my warm-up and talked about the his birthday tomorrow and I am now in the spirit said that its not going to give a gift in the form of victory. From the beginning I felt great, well I servovala, I had a clear plan and the first set, I succeeded. But then came the terrible wind, it was not normal. Suddenly it was just that somehow must get the ball in court. It was very frustrating and depended on which of us will be mentally stronger. The end of the match I was me. certainly helped me to have this year behind more matches. Most importantly, however, was confident that I can really beat it."

Hantuchova acknowledged that broke an important intrinsic barrier: "I did not on the balance and somehow I nerozoberala in spirit, but I wanted to prove myself that I can really beat anyone when I play what I have. It was the last Venus, against whom I was eager to convince the show when my game, it does not matter who is on the other side of the areola. I think I can really do now totally believe: If I is able to tell it to Venus and the triumph over it, then It's okay."

Poprad year-old native Hantuchova among the best four measured forces on Friday with the Czech Petra Kvitova lefty attached to the fifth. Dvadsaťjedenročnej former zverenkyni Mateja Lipták on grass last year's Wimbledon semifinalist, will try to reciprocate for the defeat of 4:6, 2:6 match of February in Bratislava on hard surfaces in the hall in the Federation Cup.

"Petya plays grass very well, it conforms to the surface. It has great service and the fact that it is a lefty, the rotation becomes even more unpleasant, difficult to return it. I am here but I have absolutely nothing to lose, better preparation prior to Wimbledon I nor could wish for. I'll go to court and absolutely no pressure just hope the wind stops and will normally exchange. "
@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next