Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: AEGON Classic, Birmingham
PostPosted: 10. June 2011 14:00 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 04:58
Daniela got through in straight sets but it got a bit tense in the second set as Daniela lost her focus and started making errors which let Riske back into the match. She served two aces to go 30-0 at 3-2 then she served a double fault and then put a fairly easy shot wide to get Riske back in. Riske hit an amazing crosscourt winner on the next point and got the break when Daniela put the ball out. Daniela had 5BPs in the next but wasn't able to convert although Riske saved a couple with aces and played pretty well on the BPs. Daniela had to save a couple of BPs at 3-4 and then Riske fought back from 0-40 to 30-40 at 4-4 before she served a double fault to give Daniela the break. Daniela was able to serve it out and won on her second match point although the match was a more of a dogfight than it should have been.

Daniela played very well in the first set and the start of the second and was serving great, hitting powerful and accurate groundstrokes, dictating the rallies and playing at a good level, maintaining her recent form. Then she had a lapse and the rest of the match was a bit tense as she was making errors and was pretty tentative, although she was able to come up with big serves when she really neeeded them. Still, Daniela won in straight sets, she came through her wobble, she played some great tennis at times and she's in the semi-final.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. June 2011 14:09 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 05:58
To play ivanovic. What a cracker! The tournament organisers will be pleased. A shame they weren't on opposite sides of the draw as both dani and ana are playing the best grass court tennis in this tournament. I'd expect lisicki to get to the final from top half.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. June 2011 14:16 

Local Time:
she is playing excellent,i am very pleased the way is playing,big results are coming :beer:

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. June 2011 14:20 

Local Time:
:bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :wav: :wav: :bananasrock: :bananasrock: :banana: :banana: :bananasrock: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. June 2011 14:34 

Local Time:
pmr4d has right,next match is important for wimbledon seeds.a possible win puts danka in 17-24 seeds.
as i know seeds in wimbledon are based in a special form-ranking.fingers crossed,but with a win here surely
puts her in 16-24 group.anyway i am very positiive about danka,as always i bet for her winning wimbledon :D :D :D :D :D

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. June 2011 14:43 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 11:58
I am pretty sure Ivanovic and Dani is wearing the same outfit right? :?

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. June 2011 14:45 

Local Time:
Kleybanova withdrew whose ranked higher than daniela but venus will surely get bumped up above daniela. Haven't quite worked out all the points but if daniela wins the tournament I think she goes up to 24 at the venus would move her down to 25 so I don't think it's going to matter. I may be wrong though as maths isn't my strong point!

Hopefully daniela is just focussing on her next match. I'm surely she would desperately love to win a first tournament on grass.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 10. June 2011 14:46 

Local Time:
agree with you eddy,fuck seeds in wimbledon,first ttitle on grass for dankas favourtite surface would be nice

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. June 2011 17:04 

Local Time:
Dani Into B'ham SFs

2011-06-10
For the ninth time in her last 11 matches Daniela came out the winner on Friday, beating Alison Riske in straight sets and moving into the semifinals of the AEGON Classic in Birmingham.

Daniela, the No.4 seed at the first grass court event of the season, lost her serve once but broke the young American's serve four times in the match, closing out a close second set for a 62 64 victory. Riske had been to the semis last year.

"The first set today was very good, the second set I made it a little bit difficult for myself. I was up a break early and gave it back with some easy mistakes," Daniela said. "The second set could have gone either way, but I'm happy I closed it out. I'm doing the right stuff on the court so I hope I can keep it going. It's great to be in the semis here again."

This is Daniela's second time in the semifinals here - she also made it this far as an 18-year-old back in 2001. Next up is No.2 seed Ana Ivanovic. "I'm looking forward to that match. She's expected to win and I have nothing to lose. Every match I go into I want to win, but I want to enjoy it too. I'll try to improve some things for tomorrow and I'll try my best."

In her WTA bio, Daniela lists Wimbledon as her favorite stop on the calendar. So, racking up the wins couldn't come at a better time. "This is great preparation for Wimbledon, which obviously means so much to me. I'm really pleased the way I've been playing so far and I look forward to my next match."

"I think in the first set and half the second act it was cool, well I servovala and move. Then I get a bit complicated, but fortunately I managed to forget and end the match. My performance certainly was not as good as in matches before," said Daniela Hantuchova.

The next stage of the tournament, the Slovak Representative of measured forces with Ana Ivanovic, with which it has a negative balance of 1:4. It is on grass but Hantuchova managed to beat the Serb in the first match each other. "When I play what I have, chances are great on grass. The duel, however, I feel like all the previous ones, I have nothing to lose. I came here with the fact that what I best prepare for Wimbledon and already advance to the semifinals will enjoy. Every match is open, I look forward to this match, I played well, especially to withstand arm. I'll play without pressure, I will try to perform better than today and we'll see," had to hear the master zverenkyňa Fed representation SR Mateja Lipták. Look into the tournament spider suggests that the finals would be able to meet Hantuchova in Magdalena Rybarikova. "We've talked about, it would be cool and nice, but should not overtake anything. It's still a long way, it will be important to prepare well and concentrate the next meeting," concluded Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Hantuchova after the procedure between the best quartet in Birmingham made ​​a secret satisfaction. "I am very happy that I have this year already the third in the semifinals, even though my performance today was not as good as against a Cirsteovej Kudriavcevovej. Set and a half, I played great, but then I get a little complicated. I did not take advantage Brejk, a state I 3:3 turn at the service backlog management 40:0. In the end, however, I concentrated well and luckily I managed it in two sets, which made ​​me very happy. I knew that will Riskeová annoying player on grass, because last year there was in the semifinals. very well served, had a good backhand and movement to their villages, but I will return it due to quality managed to get into longer exchanges. That's what my coach advised Mato Lipták to when its administration is still played," said Hantuchova, who is already looking forward to the semi-final against Ivanovic.
"The history of our mutual matches with Ana is already long. In this Saturday I have nothing to lose. We proceed to the semifinals is super well, given that the tournament in Birmingham before I take to prepare for Wimbledon. But certainly I will go into semi-finals with that I want to win. I will not under any pressure to demonstrate quality and performance, I have a chance to win."
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. June 2011 20:24 

Local Time:
Order of Play Saturday, June 11, 2011

Centre Court (from 12.00hrs)
1. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Ana Ivanovic
2. Sabine Lisicki vs. Peng Shuai
3. Dellacqua/Scheepers vs. Govortsova/Kudryavtseva
4. Huber/Raymond vs. Errani/Vinci

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. June 2011 01:16 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 22:58
Kleybanova withdrew whose ranked higher than daniela but venus will surely get bumped up above daniela. Haven't quite worked out all the points but if daniela wins the tournament I think she goes up to 24 at the venus would move her down to 25 so I don't think it's going to matter. I may be wrong though as maths isn't my strong point!

Hopefully daniela is just focussing on her next match. I'm surely she would desperately love to win a first tournament on grass.

I believe the WTA put the kibosh on Wimbledon reseeding players, but I could be wrong.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 11. June 2011 07:54 

Local Time:
today win prmd is enough to go at 24 and level kleybanona.but as i know
wimbledon seeds are based from a special form from past two years,dont know exactly the type

hellene fan
PostPosted: 11. June 2011 08:07 

Local Time:
match live on esp2

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. June 2011 12:09 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 23:58
Is there a stream?

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. June 2011 12:29 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 22:58
i have been through my usual stream sites and have not found one.

Anybody have one?

OK, found some, the game was going so fast I was aftraid i would miss it.
Now they are back on serve

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next