Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: AEGON Classic, Birmingham
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 12:49 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:31
I agree with you

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 12:52 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:31
6-3 6-2 Lisicki. Daniela couldn't make any inroads into Lisicki's serve while she didn't get enough first serves in in the first set and she got killed on her second serve in the second. Without seeing the match it's difficult to really say what happened but it seems like Lisicki played very well and her serve was a cannon.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 12:52 

Local Time:
not a close match at all, but congrats to a Sabine to her second title. She's not only on the way back to the tour after her injury, she's already allready there. :)

Daniela played an almost perfect tournament, but Lisicki's serve totally controlled the match.
I hope Daniela's not too sad.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 12:53 

Local Time:
Ouch. That was a beat down. Hope daniela still plays eastbourne. Great week daniela but lisicki was on fire today.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 12:57 

Local Time:
Pity

Congrats to Sabine

But overall a very good tournament for Daniela. Good preparation for Wimbledon.

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 13:09 

Local Time:
Absolutely gutting that Daniela coulnd't pull off the win, but it hasn't exactly been a bad week. Congrats to Lisicki and Daniela should take plenty of confidence from this week into Eastbourne.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 14:01 

Local Time:
Daniela had an injury time out in the second set to get some treatment on her right shoulder. It wouldn't have helped her at all although her biggest problem was how well Lisicki played. Hopefully Daniela's going to be fit for Wimbledon because we don't want her going in with any injury problems.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 14:18 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 02:31
I was afraid this would to be a Monterrey-like final. Pity I wasn't wrong.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 14:46 

Local Time:

Can't have been that bad-she kept trying but Sabine was too good. Great week anyway. :beer:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 15:19 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 02:31

Can't have been that bad-she kept trying but Sabine was too good. Great week anyway. :beer:

Well, I meant in the sense of the other player "zoning in" and daniela not having an answer to that.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 18:01 

Local Time:
"Rival was clearly better and won deservedly. For its part, it was a fantastic performance, certainly not from me. Simply are also days when it comes to just put a hat down and move on. It was hard to try to stop her when she was on top, perhaps in more level course would porobila more errors. She played unbelievable: blind eye to all full go and fell to her there. He's tennis is made ​​for grass - totally aggressive, no compromise. The very first Geme gave me four submissions with at 125 miles per hour and a little otherwise I was shocked ... the whole game Lisická odservovala brutal and I could not in my administration to rely so because my arm would not be heeded. Škoda this finale, but overall I think my game is there before Wimbledon where it should be," said Daniela Hantuchova.
@ google translate.

Hantuchova admitted that Lisicki won deservedly. "The triumph Lisicki held especially its great service. It gives an incredible wound, in the first few Geme vytasila service with speeds around 200 km / h. I am to shoulder pain could not serve as in previous matches, which is always on grass veľký handicap. A great pity that it is in the final I could not rely on my service, because all week I served great. Lisická went into the brutal, coercive played tennis a big risk and it all fell there. In its filing, I received only a single brejkbalu. Sometimes when I have major balls to each other to create too much pressure, but I fought until the end. Unfortunately, rival today was better and won deservedly," said Hantuchova, which too was not pleased that the match on Sunday postponed for rain, whereas on Tuesday it first waits round tournament in Eastbourne.

"The waiting was very uncomfortable, but the conditions were the same for both players, so it can not make excuses. It was frustrating that we all had to wait for Sunday, but the weather man commanded," said Hantuchova, who despite losing finals raised a total withdrawal satisfaction in Birmingham. "I came here with a team that is well zatrénujem before Wimbledon and I got to the finals, which is great. It was definitely a positive week. I wanted to get another title, but I can not wait for it. I hope Wimbledon will be given even better performance. tomorrow I play in Eastbourne. I hope the shoulder will be fine."
@ google translate.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 18:02 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 01:31
All in all a very good week. Sabine was just too good today. A lot of positives can be taken from the last couple of weeks. The match against Ivonovic has to give her loads of confidence, she just ran into a very in form Sabine today. The way she broke down Ivanovic's backhand was masterful. Dani doesn't get enough credit for what a tactically smart player she is. She seems to be on the right track. I'm interested to see who the qualifier will be at Eastbourne.

On a side note, is Ivanovic the next Vaidasova? They seem to have similar game plans (mindless ball bashing with no game plan).

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2011 20:50 

Local Time:
On a side note, is Ivanovic the next Vaidasova? They seem to have similar game plans (mindless ball bashing with no game plan).

I think she's a much better player than Vaidisova, and I expect her to win another slam in her career, although it could be several years from now. She doesn't seem like the kind of player that would retire at a young age, as Nicole did through lack of interest in the game.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 14. June 2011 03:21 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:31
While it's difficult to know exactly what happened on court, it would appear that Lisicki was simply too strong on the day. Daniela played some very good tennis week this and can take a lot of confidence from her victory against Ivanovic. Regardless of the fact that Ana might not be the player Daniela lost to in 2008, it's always difficult to get the monkey off your back and she did that in emphatic fashion saving so many break points and being so solid in that final set after a rain delay.

It's worrying that Daniela had the injury time out.... she didn't win a game for the remainder of the match after it was taken. I'm skeptical as to whether playing Eastbourne is a good idea, but Daniela's results have been good for a couple of months now, so i'd like to think that she knows best.

A semi decent run at Wimbledon will give her ranking another good shot in the arm so here's to hoping her good form continues.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2011 20:44 

Local Time:
Hantuchova finals did not work at all, says coach

EASTBOURNE - Coach Slovakian tennis player Daniela Hantuchova Matthew Liptak day after losing his zverenkyne in the finals at the WTA tournament on grass in Birmingham, England with Nemko Sabine Lisicki acknowledged that match the title was essentially a matter of plot.

"Daniela is the final wrong. From beginning to explore their villages. There were small opportunities where it could be screwed up, but failed to use them. Rival played very well and let him get into the match. Lisická great and administered by that was still up, they should be counted in his service even easier. Maybe in a more level state by the chance to grow. But Daniela did not optimal performance, was not well on legs, a German team helped enough. played the minimum exchanges," said Matthew Liptak, already from Eastbourne, where Hantuchova on Tuesday afternoon, waiting for first round against Wimbledon semifinalist of the 2008 season, Chinese women Zheng Jie, now only kvalifikantke.
"Tennis players are the 'pros' used to go from tournament to tournament. We must mobilize for the match. We'll see how it feels to finally be on the court. The arm is a long term, to do it every day, Daniel has a variety of exercises. Very cold weather, which There exists, however, he adds. It is definitely an obstacle," said Liptak Commenting health Hantuchova, who had treated after Birmingham's final game of the fifth, but since then had not acquired gem.
@ google translate.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9