Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: AEGON Classic, Birmingham
PostPosted: 11. June 2011 19:43 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:27
Hantuchova Lipták coach: We're going after another title
11.06.2011 19:24:37
Bratislava (SITA) - Coach Slovakian tennis player Daniela Hantuchova Matej Liptak (pictured) believes that Saturday's semifinal win his zverenkyne 6:7 (2), 6-3, 6-2 over former unit of the WTA world rankings Ana Ivanovic of Serbia may be on grass in Birmingham, UK

"Today was definitely the best Daniela from the third set, but there are still reserves. Even better example can be given. So far in this tournament demonstrates solid performances rather than any super. I'm glad that those with a solid performance thus far and we we go after next year's title," said Fed Cup captain Matthew Liptak SR representation. Hantuchova was delighted in February of trophies in Thailand Pattaya, then in the final outclassed Italian Sara Erraniovú 6:0, 6:2. Now, in the decisive match will meet with Nemko Sabine Lisicki, while only 100th in the rankings, but this štvrťfinalistka Wimbledon 2009, returns back to the top after last year's protracted ankle injury.

"It's a dangerous player, great report, very risky plays tennis. It is uncompromising and trying to make good use of specific turf. How young is high enough, then worried, but it is back on track. I saw a hundred and a half of its Friday's victory over Magda Rybarikova and today's smooth success against Šuaj Peng, thus we have fresh evidence. Lisicki, while the much less experience than Daniel, but it just may be accompanied call for it. I do not expect an easy match," he said Liptak.

Hantuchova on Saturday in the first sete against Ivanovic received from 1:4 and 0:40 in its submission to 4:4, but also of 4:5 and two setbalov to own opportunities in the eleventh Geme, but finally had to go to a tie-break and It prehrala six balls in a row. "In fact already the first set has evolved so that Daniela was able to get back. I think it could turn around and win it. At the end, had more chances but, unfortunately, there were slight defects and then also in a tie-break. However, it was very good, it remained concentrated, survived to fight on, the nevzdávala. has improved service and return and how it came to rest fundamental change. more off it was the beginning of the game for administration and income. odvracala brejkbaly brilliantly, and it was also one of the things decided. Especially in the seventh Geme second set, certainly so in the third set. Moreover, every such situations alone reached Brejk," said M. Liptak. @ google translate.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 01:13 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:27
Very good win, I only saw the first two sets which weren't too convincing. I thought Daniela's serve (maybe caused by minor shoulder injury she struggles with) and especially return game wasn't pretty, but it seems the rain helped her a lot as she destroyed Ivanovic afterwards.
Lisicki is unpredictable, serve will be the key for her, otherwise I think Daniela should keep her shots low as Lisicki isn't a good mover and could have troubles with low bounce.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 05:56 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 19:27
There was a replay on Fox Sport in Australia, so i managed to watch the match. It's very encouraging to see that Daniela wasn't playing her best tennis in the first two sets, but she really managed to stay with Ivanovic and then things started to click in the final set. Daniela saved so many break points in the 2nd set, with a lot of good winners and solid serving, which is always a great indication of where her head is at.

I'm so pleased to see Daniela in another final, but Lisicki definitely isn't going to be a push over. She's done well on grass courts before and if her serve is clicking it's going to be very very difficult for Daniela to break. The way in which Lisicki defeated Peng doesn't bode particularly well either, but Daniela's in such a great mindset at the moment; fighting for every point, playing the big points well... i think she'll get over the line.

Go Daniela!

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 10:34 

Local Time:
I doubt they'll get on court today..

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 10:37 

Local Time:
wow. great line up in the final. I wish both could win :oops:
Both Daniela and Sabine have played a great tournament, difficult to say who might win.

I doubt they'll get on court today..
nothing but rain? :roll:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 11:31 

Local Time:
Twitter: British Tennis
#AEGONClassic Doubles final has been moved indoors & will start at 11.45am-no spectator access unfortunately. No confirmation on singles yet

would be sooo sad if we can't see danielas final :shock: :?
think they can't move the cameras to the indoor court

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 12:32 

Local Time:
A few years ago they moved the men's Nottingham final indoors, but I think the hall at that site is bigger. Plus they had the pressure of Wimbledon being the following week. I would imagine the organisers will delay the final for as long as possible, but they'll most likely have to finish today because Daniela is playing Eastbourne.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 13:37 

Local Time:
any informations about match?

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 13:59 

Local Time:
They send no New Information from twitter about this Match

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 14:02 

Local Time:
The AEGON Classic singles final at The Edgbaston Priory Club has been delayed due to heavy and prolonged rain on Sunday in Birmingham.
The final is between fourth seed Daniela Hantuchova and the unseeded German Sabine Lisicki. The singles final was scheduled for 10am. Gates opened at 9am.
The doubles final will be played indoors at 11.45am but there will be no spectator access due to health and safety reasons.
The singles final is still to be confirmed but there is still a possibility it will be played on Centre Court later in the day on Sunday.

Hantuchova finals in Birmingham on Monday to be
12.06.2011 11:27:49
Birmingham (SITA) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova and a German Sabine Lisicki can finally play their finals duel at the WTA tournament on grass in Birmingham, UK to Monday. Duel in the Edgbaston Priory Club is expected to begin on Sunday at 11.00 am GMT, but rain prevented it. "It is possible that the meeting was unable to finish the game today and we will have to stay here until tomorrow. If the players get on court today, about the not before the late afternoon or early evening," said SITA Clare Fathersová of British Tennis Association (LTA).
@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 14:22 

Local Time:

Birmingham about two minutes ago.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 14:54 

Local Time:
#AEGONClassic The news on the singles final is that it will not be played indoors so we are waiting for the rain to stop. Decision at 5pm. Twitter 1 Minute ago

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 17:28 

Local Time:
this waiting sucks.........

DANIELA HANTUCHOVÁ * MARIA SHARAPOVA * DOMINIKA CIBULKOVÁ * SERENA WILLIAMS * ANNA KAROLÍNA SCHMIEDLOVÁ * ANA IVANOVIC
ROGER FEDERER * DAVID FERRER * ANDY RODDICK * PAUL-HENRI MATHIEU * LLEYTON HEWITT

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 17:36 

Local Time:

Should be fine for tomorrow. This tournament's just copying the US Open with the rain on Sunday and a Monday final (not officially confirmed or anything).

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. June 2011 17:42 

Local Time:
#AEGONClassic Play officially called off for the day in Birmingham. Hantuchova vs Lisicki will take place 11am Monday. 1 Minute ago via twitter

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next