Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 20:41 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 08:51
Pity, she looked tired in the end...

But overall a good performance at RG this year :)

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 20:42 

Local Time:
Sad. :cry:

Daniela seemed to lose the zip on her shots during the second set,and Sveta was able to out-muscle her from the baseline. The twin demons of tightness and unforced errors reared their ugly head.

Fine tournament nonetheless. The point to win the opening set.... :heart2:

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 21:12 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 09:51
I said that I was surprised that Daniela beat Wozniacki. I didn't force her to win that match, I said that I wanted her to surprise me once more. Now, I am disappointed, though. Svieta did not play very well. Daniela made some mistakes in situations she was not allowed to, more, she mustn't. The road to the final game was for her asking!

She said that she had lesson from her previous career's matches. I couldn't notice that, unfortunately.

Hope to be back on the road pretty soon, Daniela! All the best.

ITF Champion
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 21:15 

Local Time:
|19. May 2024| 07:51
Tough luck Daniela. Overall, great tournament with many pluses. Well done.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 21:26 

Local Time:
Kuznetsova played very well and she deserves a lot of credit for the win. She dictated a lot of rallies, her groundstrokes were powerful, she put Daniela under pressure and she also had a good touch for some shots.
Retrospectively, the net cord that Kuznetsova got at 3-4 15-15 was a big point in the match as that put her up in the game and helped her get the decisive break in the second set. Kuznetsova got stronger from then and she dictated a lot of the rallies while Daniela faded. Daniela has played a lot of tennis recently and she seemed a bit short of energy and power in the second half of the match. She maybe got a bit tense and wasn't as aggressive as she had been in previous matches but Kuznetsova did put her under a lot of pressure.

This is disappointing but Kuznetsova did play well and it's not every tournament that Daniela thrashes the world number one.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 21:44 

Local Time:
She said that she had lesson from her previous career's matches. I couldn't notice that, unfortunately.

She still wants success so very,very badly,hence too much pressure on herself. Still it's better this way than the alternative(see Nalbandian,David).

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 21:53 

Local Time:
"I think I started well in the first place sete could be peacefully 2:2 4:0. Then I started to leave backhand, which has hitherto kept me very well and was based mainly against Caroline. Kuznetsova is a very good move, the state 3 : 3 in the second set it seemed that I could catch it again. I tried to fight, but my tennis today was completely different than against Wozniacki," Daniela Hantuchova said in a telephone conference interview with Slovak media.
@ google translation.

Hantuchova Kuznetsova after losing to hide its disappointment. "I started well and could be 2:2 instead of 4:0 quietly, but gradually I started to leave backhand, on which I relied in the battle against Wozniacki, which was frustrating. I did not like such a good performance against Caroline. Svetlana me my game surprised. It is well stirred, changed the rhythm and beats are often mixed. She played very solid and power cables. I waited, that with increasing minutes will leave condition, the opposite was true. Exchanges are very physically strenuous and finally we had been through two full teeth. I'm sorry that I missed a great chance to advance to the quarterfinals of the Paris, but I'm leaving with positive impressions," said Hantuchova through konferenčnéhéo call with Slovak journalists. @ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. May 2011 22:11 

Local Time:
It was a shame to see Daniela get knocked out the way she did today, but when you tot up everything from this week it hasn't exactly been a bad week. This is certainly Daniela's worst surface, but I'm proud of her for what she's done this week, with the win over the world number one, Wozniacki, and in such convincing fashion being the icing on the cake. On to Wimbledon :)

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2011 00:25 

Local Time:
Unlucky Daniela. It was so dark in the 3rd set i couldnt believe they played the 3rd...

Daniela was exhausted by 2-1 up in the 3rd. Such a shame. She's played so much tennis these past few weeks it all caught up with her.

Anyway amazing tournament!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. May 2011 22:40 

Local Time:
Hantuchova with positive thoughts, build on what has
30.05.2011 14:24:00
PARIS (Reuters) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova second year in a row and fourth time overall closed at Roland Garros in the fourth osemfinálovom round. Furthermore, even the Parisian clay was not, even after overcoming Dane Caroline Wozniacki in the third round, the success of its debut against the incumbent leader of the rankings, you have allowed internally and courageous account.

"I do not know, who is now the favorite. It's terribly open. I was hoping that I will be it," she said Hantuchova after losing on Sunday with another former zverenkyňou Carlos Cuadrado, Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova. "The match against Wozniacki I just confirmed that when the show my game, so it does not matter who is at the other end of the court, although the world number one. Overall, I leave with positive thoughts, but I know I've had a huge chance. I think I was right to think of the process even further. Práveže I looked, whom should I be there ... And I can not do," admitted the former Five WTA rankings, who missed the chance to become the sixth Jun. old-new leader of the domestic order. Semifinalist in Melbourne Australian Open quarterfinals in 2008, faced with domestic Marion Bartoli. Against the Wimbledon finalist 2007, the statistics of 4:1 after two successes in a row.

Poprad year-old native Hantuchova offers an interesting angle on mastering the seven steps in the top tournaments: "Probably it is not on the same show excellent performances, but know to win even if the fail too - like today. Grandslamy To win you have to find way in matches where you feel so much. They must be somehow an otter. The hardest part is just after this performance, what I demonstrated against Caroline. You can not expect to go still. So it is in tennis goes. We always well come any Coupling attenuation."

Hantuchova against the Paris of the 2009 season champion Kuznetsova lost on a tie-break in the first part of setbalov two in a row and then use just the first opportunity to own thanks to the wonderful Backhand shortening. Since the beginning of the second act, however, proved Petrohradčanka low center of gravity, manly 'Spin' and thrust a manifestation of change happening in the so-called. Ox arena in his own image. "The first set me a little frustrated. It took me a long time until I got into the match. I think next time you may no longer afford such a stalemate. I must now behave as in the second and third set, to bring my normal game," Kuznetsova found. Hantuchova lost its sixth in a row trojsetový duel. On the triumph of this kind has been waiting for February.

"I started well, it was quite fine and could still be a 4:0 instead of 2:2. Then I started to leave, however, backhand, I could not injure him Svetlana as Caroline in particular along the line before the match. SUPERKOV me wisely mixed higher balls, changed the rhythm. I was surprised how well moving. I thought that the longer exchanges will have the upper hand, but she has in them slaughtered. An important condition was 3:3 in the second set. Should I be managed to get those gems, everything could be otherwise. Svetlana however, caught, got confidence. A lot of it let me, was well prepared for me. I was not expecting such quality from it. Nevertheless - in recent months has played so well. I assumed, that will make more mistakes, but played very solid. Exchanges are power, physically strenuous. I waited a bit, that leaves Svetlana fitness, but also in this direction is followed, certainly deserved to win," she said Hantuchova.

Fed Cup captain Zverenkyňa representation SR Mateja Lipták made on Sunday 51 nevynútených errors, ie 17 to set. Previously averages 12.5 (Šuaj Zhang), 9 (Erraniová) and 8 (Wozniacki). "Against Caroline I demonstrated very good performance, with the team today, I am not satisfied. Maťom S but doing a good job, it is great thanks for it , where I got. I hope that we can build for the future. He helped me in particular that taught me better use my strong arms, and be more aggressive rival to change, so did not know what to expect," Hantuchova appointed.

Slovakia is now before the popular grassy part of the calendar. "Clay sneakers postponed until next season. Breathes a little and start to 'graft' at the transition, because that time is not much. I have to forget this and concentrate on grass," said 29th Hantuchova player computer ranking, which ranks as number six among the registered for next week's WTA event in Birmingham and then the second over the line in Eastbourne (June 11 to 18). In 2004 there was in the finals, losing to Kuznetsova in it.
@ google translation.

Five former world hoping can push Kuznetsova in long exchanges, but they had the upper hand of Russia. "I did not expect Svetlana shall make a good performance, because this year has not played in dazzling form. It is well stirred, changed the rhythm and often mixed strokes . She played a very solid draft, nevynútených not been doing a lot of mistakes. I waited, that with increasing minutes will leave condition, the opposite was true. Exchanges are very physically strenuous and finally we had been through two full teeth. Towards the end has too much on the court not seen, but the referee said that we can play even 40 minutes. I do not know how it would look like if we played even after half a tenth. pity that our struggle moved from the areola Suzanne Lenglenovej on court number 1 there was enough about nothing , osemfinálový duel would definitely deserves to be played on a larger court. However, the conditions were the same for both."

"I'm sorry that I missed a great chance to advance to the quarterfinals. Favoritiek After falling out of the biggest female spider was open for quality and performance in the initial three rounds I had the right to think of going. The training also matches I felt great, unfortunately, the fourth round me did not work out according to the vision. In Paris, however, leaving with positive impressions. She could say that when I play my best tennis, I can beat anyone on the other hand .. 's court victory over world number one certainly belongs to the most valuable in my career," she concluded Hantuchova, who has looking forward to the grassy part of the season and the prestigious Wimbledon.
@ google translation.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 31. May 2011 17:37 

Local Time:
very very difficult conditions today in paris... so windy.. bartoli 7-6 1-0 up against kuznetsova, she has more problems with that conditions

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. May 2011 18:30 

Local Time:
FFS Sveta. :roll:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. June 2011 15:39 

Local Time:
watching the match of andy murray. who is that man right in the picture? is it wawrinka ? are they friends?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2011 16:54 

Local Time:
That's Dani Vallverdu, Murray's best friend.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. June 2011 17:02 

Local Time:
ahh, thanks! :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 167 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next