Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Internationaux de Strasbourg, Strasbourg
PostPosted: 20. May 2011 17:44 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 07:37
Bollocks. Daniela missed two gimme forehands in Petkovics penultimate service game which would have enabled her to get back on serve.

I'm incandescent with fury at Daniela's training staff. This is the third slam in a row that she is going into injured. It just isn't good enough. :wall:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. May 2011 18:22 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 06:37
This is another really tough three set loss for Daniela. She should have won the first set after being up 4-2 and with the chance to break to go up 5-2 and if she'd won that first set then Daniela would have been in a much better position to win the match.

She fought back in the second set and played some clutch tennis to win it.

Daniela got into a hole in the final set but fought back and had the chance to break back to get back on serve in the final set but couldn't convert. Daniela didn't win a point on her second serve in the third set and that was a big factor in her not winning.

Hopefully Daniela can be ready for Roland Garros. She had some good wins here and got some more points. Daniela's playing well, she's beating the players she should beat and she's competitive and plays well against the top players but she just falls short. There are positives to take from this tournament but another loss like this hurts.

"As recently against Stosur and Schiavone's match was overall a high level, but again not end with winning for me. I think that today the 'level' was very high, which is encouraging. I still feel that I was there and close just gotta break through. The base is already out that I was to receive all the opportunities, they only have to turn better. Damage that today's first game in which I was well underway and it could be a different game. In the second set I to forget, 'mask' I continued, well I turned. In the third set I doťahovala of 1:4, I had little chance of a rival get flurried, but I missed it. I pushed it, pushed, but, then I wanted to too much. It was enough to continue to do so and keep the same pressure when I had it rozbehanú. When I tried on something extra, then I unáhlila uletelo and me," said Daniela Hantuchova. @ google translation.

"I fought until the last ball and I gave into it all, unfortunately, to advance to the finals was not enough. It was a very good match. Level was similar in Stuttgart or against Stosur in Rome against Schiavone, maybe there was even greater inzenzita. pity the first game, in which I missed brejkbal to 5:2. I quickly threw it behind your head and the second set thanks to an aggressive game, I had the upper hand. Too bad that in the third set I could not tighten it at 4:4. The state 0 : 2 after I played a high forehand, has slashed throat. Gradually it began to dart into the shoulder and elbow, so I had to call the physiotherapist. Even now I got stiff. I hope the beginning of Roland Garros will completely fit ," Hantuchova told TASR, for which he was a successful tournament in Strasbourg on clay genrálkou peak season.

"With the progress to the semifinals ss presentation shall be made ​​I'm very happy. Petkovičovou Tight play with me but sorry, because I had to I won the whole tournament. It is frustrating that the ending balance Playing games with the world's leading toy. I hope It finally breaks. It was played in Strasbourg me really cool, very fast court I sat. Now I have this tournament as soon forget, because Paris is just around the corner. While I did not nerozmýšľala on my rival in the 1st round, which will Šuaj Zhang . I must now mobilize and gather new strength. It is important that the arm and groin ok to Roland Garros I want to be one hundred percent ready," said Hantuchova, who last year in Paris to refer to the singles fourth round.
@ google translation.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2011 15:55 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 06:37
Bartoli had to retire in the final, so Petkovic takes the win. Missed title opportunity for Daniela this week.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. May 2011 06:21 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 16:37
Another frustrating loss for Daniela. She's been getting so close to beating these tops players and is just falling short. I'd like to think that the win against Petrova and the strong showing against Petkovic will give her some confidence for RG. If she can at least make the 3rd round in Paris it's hard to imagine that her ranking won't continue to improve if she maintains this level of play

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6