Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Brisbane International, Brisbane
PostPosted: 2. January 2011 15:37 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 19:06
Daniela vs Chak 3rd match on court 14!?

Thought it would be centre court for sure, oh well...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2011 16:50 

Local Time:
what the... :evil:

Court 14? No!

So only scoreboard :/

The time zone difference is so big(I think 9 hour), it will be about 4:00 or 5:00 am in the morning in my time, it depends on the matches before :/

I will be watching scoreboard on mobile at least, I hope :D

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2011 17:32 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 18:06
I'd have prefered Daniela to play on a bigger court because I feel that she does better when she's playing a match like this on a show court. Still, that's the court she's on so she has to go out and get the job done. It'll give a decent indication of Daniela's form and fitness.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2011 18:59 

Local Time:
Pity...

I think she plays better on bigger courts, too.

And the court in Brisbane is such a nice court. I like it very much. It almost looks like AO. Pity Daniela isn't playing there. Hope to see her there in next rounds. So come on Daniela! :)

Her ground strokes were quite good there last year. That was the time when Darren Cahill was helping her. She got fired up by the judgment of umpire in Brisbane and has beaten Szavay after that :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. January 2011 23:40 

Local Time:
Daniela's basically playing in the Outback. I'm worried about stray dingos.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. January 2011 00:17 

Local Time:
Daniela's basically playing in the Outback. I'm worried about stray dingos.

LMAO!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. January 2011 00:30 

Local Time:
Edit:

So no Daniela at last :(

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 3. January 2011 04:52 

Local Time:
Hantuchova withdraws from Brisbane International

Daniela Hantuchova has withdrawn from the Brisbane International due to a partial tear to her left achilles tendon.

The Slovakian was due to play Russian Anna Chakvetadze today but will be replaced by the highest ranked player who lost in the final round of qualifying, another Russian, Ksenia Pervak.

Brisbane International Tournament Director Steve Ayles said he was disappointed for Hantuchova.

“Daniela is a great person and a huge supporter of the Brisbane event,” Ayles said.

“We are disappointed for her as we know how much she loves this event and was hoping to compete for the third year in a row.

“We wish her all the best for her recovery and hope to see her back out on the court soon.”

Pervak lost her final qualifying match yesterday to Anastasia Pivovarova, 3-6 7-6(3) 6-7(3). The 19 year old is currently ranked No.97 in the world and will play her first-round main-draw match today.

:( :( :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. January 2011 10:54 

Local Time:
Lots of horrible rumours that this could be a potentially career ending injury on tennisforum. Hope someone on here can enlighten us! Wasn't daniela practicing yesterday though?

Someone posted pictures of her practicing before her withdrawal today and POST withdrawal, so that suggests that it's not as bad as some people are saying. Fingers crossed she can at least get one match under her belt next week in Sydney before Australian Open. However, if there is a danger that the achillies injury could worsen I hope she rests enough and doesn't come back too soon because of her love of tennis.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. January 2011 16:23 

Local Time:
It sucks that Daniela wasn't able to play but the most important thing is that she's fit for the Australian Open. She's got a lot of points to defend over the next few months so she has to make sure that she's fit and healthy for the year. Pervak thrashed Chakvetadze so this would have been a great chance for a healthy Daniela to go on a run. But it would have been a big risk for her to have played injured and not worth taking a chance over with the Australian Open only two weeks away.

Daniela played Beijing injured when she shouldn't have and lost a match that she'd have won easily if she'd been fit and it affected her for the rest of last year. The season's long and this tournament isn't that important in the scheme of things and it's not worth risking injury for. Daniela will still be seeded for the Australian Open so hopefully she's fit for that and able to play there and play well. Hopefully the rest will do her good and this is just a precaution. But if she's not fit, then she has to exercise caution because there's still a lot of the season to play and Daniela's still got a few more good years left in her as long as she stay healthy.

The news wasn't so good for former top 10 player and 2008 Australian Open semi-finalist Daniela Hantuchova who had to withdraw just hours before her first round match with Russian Anna Chakvetadze due to a partial tear of her left achilles tendon.

Hantuchova is still hopeful of playing qualifying in Sydney later this week. But the injury must raise some doubts about her further participation in the Australian season.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. January 2011 16:27 

Local Time:

Someone posted pictures of her practicing before her withdrawal today and POST withdrawal, so that suggests that it's not as bad as some people are saying. Fingers crossed she can at least get one match under her belt next week in Sydney before Australian Open. However, if there is a danger that the achillies injury could worsen I hope she rests enough and doesn't come back too soon because of her love of tennis.

It would be great if you could post them, eddy.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. January 2011 16:40 

Local Time:

Here are the pictures from Brisbane that some guy took from tennisforum. Daniela's pics are at the beginning and towards the end. He said that she was hitting with her leg strapped after she had withdrawn. (which i find odd)

As with qualifying for Sydney, EW! I can't remember the last time Daniela has had to qualify for MD of a tournament...

Maybe she turned down a wildcard there (which has now been given to Rodionova) to ensure hopefully more than one match before AO.

So want this injury to go away, she's looking really fit and strong.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 3. January 2011 17:30 

Local Time:
|2. May 2024| 13:06
Based on those pics, it looks as if she did indeed change rackets for this year.

Regardless of how deep she could have gone in the tournament what is important is that she remains fit. It would be a disservice for her to play and possibly get further injured giving her something else to think about in the back of her mind when she is able to play again.

I think playing qualies might be good for her it ensures that she'll be able to play some matches before the AO.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. January 2011 17:39 

Local Time:
This is really sad... :(

Daniela hope to see you healthy on the court ASAP!

I wish you a speedy recovery.

And today is her Name Day in Slovakia... January 3 - Daniela :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 00:14 

Local Time:
I think there are a couple of Sydney wildcards still available and if Daniela's fit then I think she'd take one if offered. I also think the tournament should offer Daniela a wildcard as she's a popular, quality player who would sell tickets but then again she doesn't have an Australian passport. Playing qualifying would give her matches but it would also give her a less time to recuperate.

The important thing is Daniela's health and I just hope she gets well soon, but most of all I hope that she's fit and healthy for the year and the years to come.

Thanks for the photos, eddy.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next